Why get married?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

Ghost wrote:I would only get married in a better culture that has actual family values, if my girlfriend was a virgin, and if I was staying in her country or in another sane culture.

I'd shoot myself if suburbia was my future...
same here.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

mguy wrote:
Renata wrote:I got married because ..:

I'm in love & want to spend the rest of my life with him
I want to see what my kids would look like & would like a good father for them to grow with
I took the chance with him because if I live to grow old, it would be great to have him with me when I'm grey
At this moment in time I know I'll be forever happy ...

It's all a big risk really, you have to make the right choices but nothing is cast in stone.
This sounds like a fairy tale. Which country are you from again? Guys, what do you have to say re this post from this woman.
Trinidad, Caribbean. Mguy in all honesty I'm not a true representation of the women there. I grew up there yes but at home I had two different cultures, philosophies, religions & ideals that I grew up with, and as I stand today I have no religion but I'm not an athiest. I'm also mixed raced. I've lived outside my country for about 8 yrs combined. Life experiences shape a person. No matter what country you go to, no two people there are exactly the same. I beleive there's someone for everyone. I could be married to the right person, he could change then he may not be right for me anymore. It's all a big risk as I mentioned before. As well there are good and bad in everyone. You have to the find those who have balance and control. Regardless of what country you go to find a spouse some people may be good options, some may not.

Finding a spouse is a Personal' choice. My advice is never settle especially if you're not entirely happy. A relationship should have more good days than bad days. As well you have to go into marrige with no intention or hope of changing or fixing the other person. Therefore you should clearly know what you're getting yourself into!
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Marriage in the Anglosphere is debt slavery, personal servitude, and wealth transfer on the whim of the wife.

Any man that gets married in the Anglosphere deserves all the misery he gets.

You've been warned......
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Marriage in the Anglosphere is debt slavery, personal servitude, and wealth transfer on the whim of the wife.

You've been warned......
I agree Contrarian Expatriate, marriage in the western world is very risky if your a man. In the USA, 72% of all divorces are initiated by women and the man has to give his ex-wife half of his net worth and perhaps child support payments and or alimony.

Like Tom Leykis says, marriage only benefits women and children and it does not have any benefits for men. If you do insist on getting married, make sure you have a pre-nup (even though those things don't always hold up in court, it's better than nothing).
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

jamesbond wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Marriage in the Anglosphere is debt slavery, personal servitude, and wealth transfer on the whim of the wife.

You've been warned......
I agree Contrarian Expatriate, marriage in the western world is very risky if your a man. In the USA, 72% of all divorces are initiated by women and the man has to give his ex-wife half of his net worth and perhaps child support payments and or alimony.

Like Tom Leykis says, marriage only benefits women and children and it does not have any benefits for men. If you do insist on getting married, make sure you have a pre-nup (even though those things don't always hold up in court, it's better than nothing).
At least have 'em write it on quality
Image. :twisted:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Not again?

Post by djfourmoney »

This subject in some form or another comes up every six months and some people treat it like its some alternative lifestyle NOT to get married.

Well I got news for all of you, nobody holds a gun to your head and tells you to get married.

Are their expectations to marriage? Surely, you have some, just like she has some.

I can understand divorced men being gun shy about getting burned again, but for a bunch of whiny men who have never been married; Just like many things in America, people love to talk about sh*t things they have never experienced directly.

As Mark has recently asked during one of his podcast. Do you know a great relationship? If not, then that is the main reason why you may not want to get married.

1) Victims of divorce

You should really talk to somebody about that. Won't happen, remain a bitterman.

2) Unfair tax regulations

I don't have to time to explain to you that single men generally bring NO VALUE to society at all. Why do I say that? Do any of you provide a service or invented a product that's needed or desired by a mass of people? The answer is no, at least Winston provides a platform for complainers to go.

3) Internalizing relationship difficulties in Western Society

Again I don't want to spend time explaining this, if you don't understand, it sucks to be you.

Divorce Rate in America is about 50%

Divorce Rate among American men married to Foreign Women 20% and that's for men who most of you would call stupid for bringing their wives back to America.

4) Most of it is on YOU!

If you understand that your name, your surname has value as it elevates a woman's position in society, then you wouldn't allow just anybody to use your last name.

If you feel marriage is a losing proposition, oh well sucks to be you doesn't it?
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

jamesbond wrote:

You've been warned......

Pretty much.

Don't forget palimony.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Let's also not forget what happens when you marry an American woman. This is how she may end up looking like after a few years into the marriage....(image on the right)

Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

So don't marry an American girl seems to be a safe consensus here (along with the rest of the internet). If you're not going to marry in the USA then why even stay in this country? To make money?
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I don't know anything else and it takes guts to pick up and leave. My family is stupider than a bag of rocks and believes most of the propaganda spoon fed to them.

As long as they still have cash rolling in all is fine, that is what these guys new when they set this whole system up. They new controlling the purchasing tickets in the economy would allow them to control enough of the dumb herd to rule out and overpower anybody who ?'s what type of world system they are setting up.
Time to Hide!
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

mguy wrote:So don't marry an American girl seems to be a safe consensus here (along with the rest of the internet). If you're not going to marry in the USA then why even stay in this country? To make money?
Correct, marrying an American girl is in most cases not the smartest option. Very rarely a man can find a decent marriage material woman here. The percentage is so small that it's not even worth trying....almost like trying to win the lottery. It's a sucker's bet.

It's not easy for someone to just pack up and leave on a snap of a finger. Some may have kids here, jobs they can't leave, money opportunities, excessive debt, sick family members, the list goes on and on. Moving abroad is a big step and it takes a great deal of personal research before doing it. One country may be paradise for one man, but it can be hell for another.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Correct, marrying an American girl is in most cases not the smartest option. Very rarely a man can find a decent marriage material woman here. The percentage is so small that it's not even worth trying....almost like trying to win the lottery. It's a sucker's bet.
Mark, I agree with you 100%. But when you try to explain this to people they say you don't know every woman in the US. That's true! But men all over this country are complaining about this issue and have become very pessimistic about marrying an American woman. It's not something that exists in our imagination. WE SEE WHAT'S GOING ON! Now, if you're white and good looking to average looking and employed you'll have no problem getting a woman of quality. Overall, marrying an American woman is risky. Most of them do not possess the right mindset for marriage.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

OTB wrote: Now, if you're white and good looking to average looking and employed you'll have no problem getting a woman of quality.
Dude, I am white and from my HS graduating class, there was 1 decent woman [ intelligence, looks, nice personality ], worth marrying. Yes, I'd met up with her and her husband recently. They are the only well adjusted, non-dysfunctional white couple I'd met in ages. Other folks are browbeaten males, with control freak spouses. Those marriages tend to last from 5 to 12 years, until the kids come of age. The other reasonable American couples come from backgrounds like Cambodian, Orthodox Jewish, Armenian, etc. Typically, those types of similarly background persons, stay together for the long haul.

The exalted group, the white *mainstream Protestant/Catholic* Americans, at most, have some ~15% of their marriages be happy and meaningful. The others are either dysfunctional and/or divorced in short time. BTW, I only mentioned the religion because I couldn't come up with a better descriptor for "mainstream white". Religion is not the issue here.

Normally, a white guy who's "made it", is stuck meeting barracudas. Here's my famous bank post on the kinds of AWs out there.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

OTB wrote:
Mark, I agree with you 100%. But when you try to explain this to people they say you don't know every woman in the US. That's true! But men all over this country are complaining about this issue and have become very pessimistic about marrying an American woman. It's not something that exists in our imagination. WE SEE WHAT'S GOING ON! Now, if you're white and good looking to average looking and employed you'll have no problem getting a woman of quality. Overall, marrying an American woman is risky. Most of them do not possess the right mindset for marriage.
Even the really good looking guys complain about having a hard time finding a decent woman too. And even if a man who is super attractive with wealth comes along, now he has to worry if the woman is marrying him for the wrong reasons...which she usually is. The main advantage that the good looking white male has is the increased ability to pump and dump more chics than the average or below average guy. Either way, good looking or not, trying to find "true love" with an American girl is just way too risky. People will always make the stupid claim that "not all women are this way". Al though that statement may be true, but then they're just fighting with odds stacked against you. It's just not worth to even battle those odds.

As for quality women here....95% of them are already taken at a young age or only marry within a certain circle. The rest of the garbage that's out there are stuck up, obese, sluts, plain ugly, etc. Not much left to work with really. At least in some other countries, obesity isn't a main problem so you have more quality choices.
Private Investment Club

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Repatriate wrote:Probably the best thing to do if you get married abroad is to bounce her to a third country where you both aren't citizens but can live there comfortably. That way if things fall apart you're probably not financially or legally liable in any way.
That's an ultra paranoid route to take though but let's say you marry a FSU lady or something it makes perfect sense to have that extra layer of security. :lol:
Years ago at either Taipei or SG airport (forgot which one), I meet an American guy who was flying from Cambodia. He said that he had gotten married and divorced twice in the US and it was financially damaging. He went to Cambodia and married a 25 year old (half his age) and for $5,000 he bought a house on some land. His comment is that if wife #3 ever divorce him, he'd only lose $5k. Considering foreign land ownership laws, the purchase was prolly made in the wife's name.