Should Winston start a podcast?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Do you think Winston should start a podcast?

Yes, but I want Winston to talk about all topics on his mind including holocaust denial and aliens.
33%
Yes, but on the condition he keeps it strictly about happier abroad.
27%
Maybe, if Winston has good guests on.
20%
No, I don't care what the pudgy Chinaman thinks.
20%

Total votes: 15
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Should Winston start a podcast?

Post by Repatriate »

I noticed Winston sounds much more rational when he does interviews or is debating someone in person than when he's posting on the forum. On the forum he comes across as a naive teenager more often than not but when he's talking and socializing with other adults he seems way more in tune with reality.

I think Winston would be great on a podcast. Maybe an hour or two each week can be Winston Wu time where he can invite different guests and use it as his platform to spread awareness of happier abroad. The guests can provide supporting or even opposing points of view and provide discussion about the concept and philosophies behind happier abroad. I'm thinking some of the more volatile personalities on the internet and even old enemies like Jezebel might be more than willing to debate Winston. It could even attract "celebrity" caliber guests and larger awareness. As long as the podcast doesn't stray too deep into the paranormal or 9/11 truther territory it could be an internet sensation for Winston Wu.

What do y'all think? :lol:
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I agree. He's very bright and I really like listening to him talk. He's got a very cool voice. And he sounds a lot more mature when he talks, but that's probably just a case of us dragging him down a bit on the forum. Let's face it, we're all a bit silly here. Yes he should do a podcast, and whatever else.

Another thing. He's not at all spiteful here as far as I've seen, which I like. He's created a forum where you can really say what you want. I still think he should clamp down a bit though.
tomasz
Freshman Poster

Post by tomasz »

If he does take this route, I would suggest looking at tom leykis and how he setup his live online radio show in 2012. It would be cool to have callers call in to the show live and chat, it would increase engagement amongst other things.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate,
Great idea. Of course I'm going to act more civil by voice. And besides, all my interviewers have been supportive, not confrontational. So there's no reason for me to lash out or explode at them.

A podcast should be about whatever I want. If I do a show about paranormal or conspiracy topics, and you don't like them, you can simply skip over them.

Last night OTB and I were talking for a few hours on Skype and we talked about doing a Podcast too, because our perspectives here on HA are very unique and much needed.

The sad thing is that in America, you can be an Ant-Semite, Klu Klux Klan member, a drunkard, alcoholic, drug addict, or even a criminal, and the media will acknowledge your existence and problems. But if you talk about social isolation in America, loneliness, the lack of human connection, and the unfriendly/unapproachable women, the media will treat you like you don't exist and give you no attention at all.

Why is that? Isn't that so sad? It means we are in the lonely position of trying to spread the most taboo subject in America.

So having our own podcast would be a step up.

I'm willing to try to host one. I don't have a charismatic radio voice or personality, but I can talk about deep intellectual topics for sure. And I could have a lot of great guests from the forum like OTB, Mitchell, Ladislav, Rock, etc.

A podcast would bring a more human touch to this movement, because our voices makes our personalities more real than just text on a screen.

I would rather do it simply with a program that will record my conversations on Skype and create an MP3 file out of them, kind of like how Steve Hoca does.

What's the best way to do this? Should we use a third party platform like Blog Talk Radio? Or download some software that does podcasts? Or just use a recorder that records conversations on Skype or the phone?

The thing is, a third party platform could decide to jettison our content off its site and close our show, so we would not have total control over the content.

I don't understand though, why back in the old days, you could just press Play and Record on a tape recorder to record a conversation. But today, with modern computers, there is no simple recording program in Windows that can just record Skype conversations. You'd think it'd be the easiest thing. I wonder why they don't make it.

Having call ins would be great. But you'd need a third party platform or special program for that.

Anyone know how to set this up?

Should we use Teleconference software? I will ask others that do this how they do it.

Btw, I would need all you guys' help in one thing though. As you know, YouTube takes down most of my content because someone in the YouTube management staff has a personal thing against me and my content. The only way to counteract this is to have lots of YouTube accounts upload multiple copies of my content. This is how controversial videos and people stay up on YouTube, including those in the conspiracy movement. They have many fans uploading multiple versions of their content to keep it up. We need to do the same. And for that, I will need a lot of help from you guys.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I agree. It should be a straight Skype recording. Keep it simple. I have done a couple of Skype interviews and it is very easy and straightforward. Why make it a hassle?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Guess what? The Overseas Radio Network wants us to do a podcast show on their network! See my post about it here:

viewtopic.php?t=23141
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Talisman
Freshman Poster

overseas radio network

Post by Talisman »

Being a listener of the overseas radio network, I know Winston could have a great niche on it. The network is a great platform from which to voice one's individual perspective, as the current hosts show. Check out Blake Sawyer, he's got a forceful take on why it is important to leave the US. Winston's message is unique and will be appreciated by listeners I am sure. Go for it if you think you have the time to do a professional and informative show like the other guests!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi folks,
I just recorded my first podcast by interviewing Rock about his experiences in Asia and his advice to wannabe expats seeking a better life abroad. Let me know what you think and how I did.

Here is the link to the audio file:
viewtopic.php?t=23994

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

- I spent a lot of time today putting up a Podcast file directory on this site that serves as an index of our podcast files. It contains a list of all our podcast files, not just the ones with me, but with Steve Hoca, Mark Davis, and others as well. The files appear as links you can click on and listen to or download. You can browse the file directory at this link:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/

In my experience, IE browser simply downloads the mp3 files. But Google Chrome and Firefox browsers will stream the files directly through the browser.

- The description of each podcast is on the new podcast page here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts.php

I've redirected the interviews.php page to the new page above.

However, I put more podcast files in the directory than are described on the podcast page, so they can be stored for safekeeping and referenced in the future. And also so browsers can play them for fun.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I started a thread to announce each podcast I do as they are completed and posted. Here it is. Please check it regularly to find our new podcasts. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?t=24147

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Should I put music at the beginning and end of each podcast show? If so, what kind? How do you find royalty free podcast music? Any suggestions?

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Should I put music at the beginning and end of each podcast show? If so, what kind? How do you find royalty free podcast music? Any suggestions?
Yes, Winston using music at the beginning and end of each podcast is a good idea. This song is great, it's very spiritual and uplifting! :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."