Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Repatriate wrote:
Maverick wrote: Yes, my 2 brothers are over 6 feet. I think this pisses me off more than actually being short lol.
Are they older or younger brothers? Did they ever rag on you about this? If they are younger brothers well.. :lol:
Haha BOTH younger. :shock:

And no, nobody ever said it. Even my brothers never really brought it up. It was always something that bothered me a lot though.
Repatriate wrote:
Maverick wrote: Thanks for the positivity though! It was starting to get really cooooooooold in this thread. :lol:
I really do think you are over thinking the height issue especially with regards to how American women see it.

Haha yeah maybe. It's easy to get caught up on things like this when you spend too much time online, like I've been doing recently.

I think most people on this forum can relate. :P

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Repatriate!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

Maverick wrote: I've even had role play sessions with FWB and (just for the sake of role playing) said "I want you to have my child".

Her response: "No I don't want to have short kids." Instant limp dick.

This is one of the reasons I want to go abroad. I've dated foreign women before and, yes, they do care about height, but it's nowhere near as bad in ANY country as it is in the US with this bullshit.

Of course, I've never been to South Korea, which I hear is pretty awful.
In many foreign countries all the women care about is that you are TALLER than them. So if you're 5'3 and she is 5'0, many foreign women are happy with that.

It is in the west where even women who are 5'0 demand that men be 6'0 or taller (see dating sites). This is because western women are obsessed with eugenics, which makes it harder for shorter men regardless of race.

If a local is average height in, say Thailand, he has no problems in finding a woman. If a local is average height in the misandic west, he is made to feel as though something is wrong with him.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

celery2010 wrote:Maverick you are hilarious. You are obviously obsessed with height. I would understand if you were like 5'3' or 5'1" or something, but your looks are far more important than your height. I've met women who say things about height, but what they really mean is that if you are average looking, they'd prefer a taller average looking dude. if you are a cool/interesting person, then it doesn't matter.
In a normal society it wouldn't be a problem if one was average height or a little bit less. But in a society where female hypergamy is on steroids, and where men as tall as 5'9 can even be rejected for height, then it does becomes a problem.
celery2010 wrote: Of course it would be nice to be 6 foot or taller, get more respect, more physically intimidating, get better jobs, but it's not the end of the world.
Michael J. Fox is 5'4". Seth Green is 5'3", Mike Myers is 5'8". Danny Devito is extra short, like 5 foot or something. Lots of other stars that are shortish like tom cruise 5'7', mark ruffalo 5' 8' and jared leto 5'9"
I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem once you become famous, but that doesn't help the average guys who are unable to date women due to western female hypergamy.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Voice of Reason wrote:
celery2010 wrote:Maverick you are hilarious. You are obviously obsessed with height. I would understand if you were like 5'3' or 5'1" or something, but your looks are far more important than your height. I've met women who say things about height, but what they really mean is that if you are average looking, they'd prefer a taller average looking dude. if you are a cool/interesting person, then it doesn't matter.
In a normal society it wouldn't be a problem if one was average height or a little bit less. But in a society where female hypergamy is on steroids, and where men as tall as 5'9 can even be rejected for height, then it does becomes a problem.
celery2010 wrote: Of course it would be nice to be 6 foot or taller, get more respect, more physically intimidating, get better jobs, but it's not the end of the world.
Michael J. Fox is 5'4". Seth Green is 5'3", Mike Myers is 5'8". Danny Devito is extra short, like 5 foot or something. Lots of other stars that are shortish like tom cruise 5'7', mark ruffalo 5' 8' and jared leto 5'9"
I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem once you become famous, but that doesn't help the average guys who are unable to date women due to western female hypergamy.
I have been rejected by many black women in the US because of my height. Only one that was 5'10 dated me and did not seem to care. She has a doctorate degree and was old enough and manless enough to not complain about that. So many of them are so tall, it makes it even harder to approach any that are even the same height as you are.

In Asia, I do not have that problem at all. Mav you can get a 4'6-5'5" tall woman that is a 8-10 in Asia. Try getting one of those in the US! Only a below 5 foot tall woman in the US is easily within your range typically, unless she is Hispanic. Then she is top pickings for other Hispanic men. You would be average height in China and slightly above average in Southern China. At 5'8 I am a tall in China and it feels great not having to struggle looking around people all the damn time.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

5'5 I think is the minimum for guys.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

mguy wrote:5'5 I think is the minimum for guys.
Not necessarily in places like Thailand, though it does make it harder.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Voice of Reason wrote:
mguy wrote:5'5 I think is the minimum for guys.
Not necessarily in places like Thailand, though it does make it harder.
Yes, I remember when I was in Bangkok a few years ago. I actually felt tall when I was taking the metro, around mostly locals. It was pretty awesome. Even if Thailand is getting tougher as far as girls, I would live there for that reason alone. :D
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

kai1275 wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
I have been rejected by many black women in the US because of my height. Only one that was 5'10 dated me and did not seem to care. She has a doctorate degree and was old enough and manless enough to not complain about that. So many of them are so tall, it makes it even harder to approach any that are even the same height as you are.

In Asia, I do not have that problem at all. Mav you can get a 4'6-5'5" tall woman that is a 8-10 in Asia. Try getting one of those in the US! Only a below 5 foot tall woman in the US is easily within your range typically, unless she is Hispanic. Then she is top pickings for other Hispanic men. You would be average height in China and slightly above average in Southern China. At 5'8 I am a tall in China and it feels great not having to struggle looking around people all the damn time.
Kai, I have had similar experiences, but I had a different take on it. I found educated girls in the US to be more likely to look past things like looks and height (not all, of course, because many educated girls are simply educated, not intelligent). If you find an intelligent girl or have very high value in a particular social circle, the chances of height being overlooked becomes greater.

However, building up that kind of social value while working a full time job and being busy is very difficult. I would have to quit my job and dedicate my life to it full time to have the kind of success I could have overseas. This is why I believe I was able to get attractive girlfriends back in college, but am having difficulty getting more than one night stands and fwb now.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Maverick wrote: Kai, I have had similar experiences, but I had a different take on it. I found educated girls in the US to be more likely to look past things like looks and height (not all, of course, because many educated girls are simply educated, not intelligent). If you find an intelligent girl or have very high value in a particular social circle, the chances of height being overlooked becomes greater.
There's a statistic out there that says that intelligent women are more likely to cheat on their boyfriends and spouses or divorce. However, in a strange twist well educated women cheat and divorce less. This is interesting because being intelligent and being well educated are often correlated. I guess the trick is to find a woman who is hard working and educated but not naturally super intelligent.

I feel there's probably an instinctual reason why most men avoid the highly intelligent ambitious types. Feminists interpret that as being "threatened" but it's probably because a lot of men assume correctly that she will be high maintenance and probably never satisfied. If you look at the statistics this is exactly how these women are.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Height's merely a basic requirement. And by "height," all I mean is that you're at least as tall as the girl. Beyond that, they don't care. You certainly don't get bonus points for being tall.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Jeremy wrote:Height's merely a basic requirement. And by "height," all I mean is that you're at least as tall as the girl. Beyond that, they don't care. You certainly don't get bonus points for being tall.
Yes, but if you don't satisfy the basic requirement then you are out of the market. As tall as the girl? I don't think so. You need to be at least taller than the girl. It's not just the height, it's also the frame of the body.

Bold. You get bonus points for being tall, that is evident in the real world. There is a reason why CEOs are taller.

There's also cutoff point for short girls that I would date. 5'2 would probably be it. Anything smaller than 5'2 has an aura of sickliness to me.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?