Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby mguy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Mr.Darcy wrote:Jesus, what is it with white men denying racism. I'm about 6ft 2 muscular handsome black men and I can't pull worth shit because girls here want some wannabe country guy. Being white in general will get you ahead of everybody regardless of your height.


You're wrong. With height the issue is all biologically speaking, not culture or social shit.

At least, you can go to a country with cultural/social, this guy doesn't have that.

To OP,

No worries bro, i'd still trade being short for being old any day!!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm







Re: Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Postby Chad114 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:00 am

Maverick wrote:After seeing a lot of talk about race on here, I started thinking about this. I'm a short white guy. Oftentimes, I've been envious of tall guys even if they are of another race. For instance, overall, I would rather be a 6'0 Asian guy than a 5'6 white guy (that's not to say I don't like myself because I do.....but I wouldn't mind this trade-off lol).

I have a couple reasons for this:

1) In the US, blatant racism has become very taboo. While I do see it when people are drunk, I never see it in day-to-day life. Blatant heightism against men seems to actually be encouraged. Literally every day, I see a new post on Facebook either from a girl (saying something like "I hate short guys") or from a guy talking about how much it would suck to be short. I see people making fun of other people's height at work (never happened to me....that I know of, anyway). There are TV shows that make fun of short guys.

2) If you're black, Asian, or whatever, you could go to other parts of the world and be seen in a positive light (at times in a more positive light than white people). From my understanding, short guys are looked down upon (no pun intended lol) in all societies and it's basically a trait that is a universal negative.

I do agree that non-whites might have it tougher than short guys in the US (and I place a STRONG emphasis on "might" because I believe that we have similar difficulties).

Thoughts?


Historically up until the present time, does being short and white....

Get you hung from a tree?

Get you dragged to your death from the back of a pickup truck?

Get you longer prison sentences compared to other offenders?

Get you harassed, abused (Abner Louima), murdered by police at a disproportionate rate GLOBALLY?

Get you denied access to clubs, bars and restaurants GLOBALLY?

Get you denied housing because you "bring down the value of the neighborhood"?

Get you denied loans?

Get you denied employment because you do not have "good" appearance"?

Be constantly referred to as a minority even though that is a LIE.

Get you murdered for wearing a hood at night?

Have the person that murdered you get off simply because the life of a short white person holds little value GLOBALLY?
Chad114
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Postby AnonymousAmerican » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:21 am

Chad114 wrote:
Maverick wrote:After seeing a lot of talk about race on here, I started thinking about this. I'm a short white guy. Oftentimes, I've been envious of tall guys even if they are of another race. For instance, overall, I would rather be a 6'0 Asian guy than a 5'6 white guy (that's not to say I don't like myself because I do.....but I wouldn't mind this trade-off lol).

I have a couple reasons for this:

1) In the US, blatant racism has become very taboo. While I do see it when people are drunk, I never see it in day-to-day life. Blatant heightism against men seems to actually be encouraged. Literally every day, I see a new post on Facebook either from a girl (saying something like "I hate short guys") or from a guy talking about how much it would suck to be short. I see people making fun of other people's height at work (never happened to me....that I know of, anyway). There are TV shows that make fun of short guys.

2) If you're black, Asian, or whatever, you could go to other parts of the world and be seen in a positive light (at times in a more positive light than white people). From my understanding, short guys are looked down upon (no pun intended lol) in all societies and it's basically a trait that is a universal negative.

I do agree that non-whites might have it tougher than short guys in the US (and I place a STRONG emphasis on "might" because I believe that we have similar difficulties).

Thoughts?


Historically up until the present time, does being short and white....

Get you hung from a tree?

Get you dragged to your death from the back of a pickup truck?

Get you longer prison sentences compared to other offenders?

Get you harassed, abused (Abner Louima), murdered by police at a disproportionate rate GLOBALLY?

Get you denied access to clubs, bars and restaurants GLOBALLY?

Get you denied housing because you "bring down the value of the neighborhood"?

Get you denied loans?

Get you denied employment because you do not have "good" appearance"?

Be constantly referred to as a minority even though that is a LIE.

Get you murdered for wearing a hood at night?

Have the person that murdered you get off simply because the life of a short white person holds little value GLOBALLY?


:lol: racial card again.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=19236
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:35 pm
Location: Bay Area, Nor-Cal

Postby ladislav » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:41 pm

I am about 5'6- 5'7". In Brooklyn. NY where I spent many years that was not short because of the Sicilian, Puerto Rican and E. Euro Jewish population who are not tall plus millions of other Hispanics from Peru, Guatemala, etc. They are very short.

So, I was not short. Then, when I went to Puerto Rico, I became above average.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

You can look at average height by country.

2) If you're black, Asian, or whatever, you could go to other parts of the world and be seen in a positive light (at times in a more positive light than white people). From my understanding, short guys are looked down upon (no pun intended lol) in all societies and it's basically a trait that is a universal negative.

When you wrote that you were short I thought you meant you were 5'1" or something.

Historically up until the present time, does being short and white....

Get you hung from a tree?

Get you dragged to your death from the back of a pickup truck...


I believe the OP was referring to dating in the USA in the present time.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Re: Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Postby chibolo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:39 pm

theprimebait wrote:
as white guy you can go to Peru,mexico,bolivia or alot of places like brazil(average height is 5'7 in brazil)and be average height.plus be worshipped for your white skin.



This is true. I spent 6 years in Peru and I was considered tall there (I'm only 5'8-5'9). If you are white and have blue/green eyes you get another bonus point. You WILL be considered more attractive in these countries than in the US.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Postby Repatriate » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah I have to agree that I don't think 5'6" is all that short. Anything below that is pushing it though. I knew 5'3"-5'5" tiny latino guys with beautiful girlfriends though.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Postby AnonymousAmerican » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:17 pm

theprimebait wrote:

as white guy you can go to Peru,mexico,bolivia or alot of places like brazil(average height is 5'7 in brazil)and be average height.plus be worshipped for your white skin.


not true bro. mediterranean whites pass as average in many parts of Mexico. only what you said applies well to southern mexico.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=19236
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:35 pm
Location: Bay Area, Nor-Cal

Postby Introvert » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:55 pm

The martyr olympics continue...
Introvert
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Postby marklambo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:01 pm

If a guy is shorter than the average guy, he'll have to compensate in other ways to attract a decent female. I've seen many guys who were short, like maybe 5'4/5'5 or shorter with taller girls who were actually very attractive. Even though the guys were short, you can easily see that they were in good shape and work out frequently. If a guy is 5'4/5'5 or shorter, bald and fat, he's obviously going to have a hard time getting any girl, even a short one.

If a guy is 6'0, bald, fat, and doesn't take care of himself, he's going to have the same problem as any short guy getting a girl. Height plays a role and is obviously a big advantage, but it's not everything.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Postby AmericanInMexico » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:33 pm

AnonymousAmerican wrote:
theprimebait wrote:

as white guy you can go to Peru,mexico,bolivia or alot of places like brazil(average height is 5'7 in brazil)and be average height.plus be worshipped for your white skin.


not true bro. mediterranean whites pass as average in many parts of Mexico. only what you said applies well to southern mexico.


Agreed totally. I am a 5'9 (1.75m) white man and yet when I go to the more European parts of Mexico (such as Sonora, which is the state that has the highest European admixture among the total population), I'm regularly called "chaparrito" despite being taller than the average Mexican man. There are places in Mexico where the average man is more like 6 feet (1.82m) tall. However, when I went to Oaxaca I was hounded by all the indigenous women since the average man there is extremely short, probably about 5'1 or 5'2 (about 1.55 to 1.58 m).

European-descent people are on average a lot taller than indigenous people in Mexico. If a man wants a Euro-Mexican or a light-skinned mestiza, he's gonna have to be a lot taller than if he wants an Indigenous woman or a dark-skinned mestiza. There are exceptions however; I once dated a nearly 100% white Mexican (her mother was totally Euro, her father was a light-skinned mestizo) who was only 5'2 (1.58m).
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:38 am

Re: Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Postby chibolo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:39 pm

AmericanInMexico wrote:
AnonymousAmerican wrote:
theprimebait wrote:

as white guy you can go to Peru,mexico,bolivia or alot of places like brazil(average height is 5'7 in brazil)and be average height.plus be worshipped for your white skin.


not true bro. mediterranean whites pass as average in many parts of Mexico. only what you said applies well to southern mexico.


Agreed totally. I am a 5'9 (1.75m) white man and yet when I go to the more European parts of Mexico (such as Sonora, which is the state that has the highest European admixture among the total population), I'm regularly called "chaparrito" despite being taller than the average Mexican man. There are places in Mexico where the average man is more like 6 feet (1.82m) tall. However, when I went to Oaxaca I was hounded by all the indigenous women since the average man there is extremely short, probably about 5'1 or 5'2 (about 1.55 to 1.58 m).

European-descent people are on average a lot taller than indigenous people in Mexico. If a man wants a Euro-Mexican or a light-skinned mestiza, he's gonna have to be a lot taller than if he wants an Indigenous woman or a dark-skinned mestiza. There are exceptions however; I once dated a nearly 100% white Mexican (her mother was totally Euro, her father was a light-skinned mestizo) who was only 5'2 (1.58m).


I agree, you won't have much of an advantage with pure "white" women in Latin America. They look pretty much the same as Europeans or Americans. However, the vast majority of women in countries like Peru are either mestiza or native and they tend to be short, with brown skin and dark eyes. I have only been to Mexico once (Mexico DF and Acapluco), but I remember it being very similar, with most Mexicans being mestizo and white people being quite rare.

Some people do not find mestiza women attractive, and I guess if all you like are tall blondes with blue eyes then you should look somewhere else. However if you like cute, shorter women with natural tan skin then you will be very happy in these countries. You WILL have to learn Spanish though and also be careful because crime is extremely high in Latin America.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Postby RobinHood » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:50 pm

There is no doubt that being a short guy is a major disadvantage in the dating game, especially in the Anglosphere.

My advice to all short guys is to work on the things you can change, whether that be, style, body, status, wealth, confidence etc.
Robin Hood.
RobinHood
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:48 am
Location: England

Postby Chad114 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:07 pm

ladislav wrote:

I believe the OP was referring to dating in the USA in the present time.


Even so. For women dating is a precursor to marriage and child bearing. Globally speaking women do not want to darken the pot.


http://theblacksphere.net/2013/07/black-entertainer-divorces-racist-wife/


Reasoning IMO

They don't want to bring a child into the world that will experience injustice based on their nonwhite status.

They don't want the stigma from white supremacist society of having a non white child.

They simply don't want a non white child.

So I think someone who looks like Tom cruise(short good looking white dude) more than likely have a much larger dating poo (worldwide)l when compared to someone that resembled Will Smith. Certainly in the non white nations that comprise the MAJORITY of the world's population. INDIA, CHINA , JAPAN, and even African Nations. White status carry that that level of clout, certainly way more than enough to over come 6-8 inches in height.

I believe this is NOT a natural occurrence, but rather a result of the global system of Racism White Supremacy.

Now if will Smith was white, he would beat out Tom.
Chad114
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Postby Maverick » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:40 am

Hey all!

I now somewhat regret creating this thread in a moment of self-pity the other night, but I'm happy that it drummed up some discussion! :D
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Postby Maverick » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:44 am

Chad114 wrote:
Maverick wrote:After seeing a lot of talk about race on here, I started thinking about this. I'm a short white guy. Oftentimes, I've been envious of tall guys even if they are of another race. For instance, overall, I would rather be a 6'0 Asian guy than a 5'6 white guy (that's not to say I don't like myself because I do.....but I wouldn't mind this trade-off lol).

I have a couple reasons for this:

1) In the US, blatant racism has become very taboo. While I do see it when people are drunk, I never see it in day-to-day life. Blatant heightism against men seems to actually be encouraged. Literally every day, I see a new post on Facebook either from a girl (saying something like "I hate short guys") or from a guy talking about how much it would suck to be short. I see people making fun of other people's height at work (never happened to me....that I know of, anyway). There are TV shows that make fun of short guys.

2) If you're black, Asian, or whatever, you could go to other parts of the world and be seen in a positive light (at times in a more positive light than white people). From my understanding, short guys are looked down upon (no pun intended lol) in all societies and it's basically a trait that is a universal negative.

I do agree that non-whites might have it tougher than short guys in the US (and I place a STRONG emphasis on "might" because I believe that we have similar difficulties).

Thoughts?


Historically up until the present time, does being short and white....

Get you hung from a tree?

Get you dragged to your death from the back of a pickup truck?

Get you longer prison sentences compared to other offenders?

Get you harassed, abused (Abner Louima), murdered by police at a disproportionate rate GLOBALLY?

Get you denied access to clubs, bars and restaurants GLOBALLY?

Get you denied housing because you "bring down the value of the neighborhood"?

Get you denied loans?

Get you denied employment because you do not have "good" appearance"?

Be constantly referred to as a minority even though that is a LIE.

Get you murdered for wearing a hood at night?

Have the person that murdered you get off simply because the life of a short white person holds little value GLOBALLY?


I was referring to the dating climate today. Most of this stuff hasn't happened for at least a couple of generations.

The bolded can happen today to a short man as easily as it can happen to a black man today.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cornfed and 6 guests