Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What other country will let a minority be president?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What other country will let a minority be president?

Postby mrmillersd » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:41 pm

say all you want about the govt, but there has not been a democratic country that has voted a minority in but the USA. what do you think will be the next?
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Postby Repatriate » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:45 pm

I think Canada or the U.K. I dislike a lot of things about the U.K. but they do seem to have a system which could have the potential of having a minority minister. There just aren't that many minorities in politics there though because they haven't rigged voting and power blocs along racial lines like in the U.S.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: which other country will let a minority be president

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:56 pm

mrmillersd wrote:say all you want about the govt, but there has not been a democratic country that has voted a minority in but the USA. what do you think will be the next?

There have been several examples over the years. Peru voted in Fujumori a Japanese minority, Argentina voted in Menem a Arab minority, and Jamaica voted in Seaga, another Arab minority.

Those are just recent examples but there are many more.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby mrmillersd » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Oh wow I didnt know about those. are those guys all head of state/ highest position in executive branch?

Also, dont talk about dictator ships being held by a minority. tons of arab countires have minorities as head of state, simply becaue they have control of military
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Postby AnonymousAmerican » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:14 pm

lots of countries....
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=19236
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:47 am

How about Nelson Mandela?

What does it matter anyway? The president is just a puppet who serves the oligarchs and ruling elite. Obama is under a lot of stress and probably does not enjoy being President. Nothing to be proud of.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Repatriate » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:52 am

Winston wrote:How about Nelson Mandela?

Yeah but that's Africa...
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Cornfed » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:45 am

New Zealand has a rat-faced Jewish bankster as Prime Minister. Makes sense I suppose. Since they are the slaves of such people anyway, making one PM is just cutting out the middleman.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:41 am

Britain had a Jewish Disraeli.

Russia had all German Czars and Czarinas after Peter the Great. Not voted in, granted but still, Germans ruling over Slavs. They had to change their last names and convert to Orthodoxy though (after Catherine the Great --who did not change her name).

They had also invited Vikings from foreign lands to rule over them way back.

The USSR had Stalin--a dark haired Georgian-- voted in by Politburo.

Now, no more, as pure ethnic Russians are elected. I guess they've had enough of "foreigners".
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to General Discussions