Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Are playboys suffering from a broken heart?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25732
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Are playboys suffering from a broken heart?

Post by Winston » August 8th, 2013, 9:07 am

I have a theory.

Guys who are playboys or players are not just into variety in women. They probably got propelled into that lifestyle after getting traumatized by a broken heart from someone who left them. The separation caused such pain that they don't want to let it ever happen again. So instead of investing all their feelings into one person, they DIVERSIFY their feelings by spreading it to multiple women, while not getting serious with any of them. This way they are protected from getting hurt, so that if they lose one girl, they have others as backup.

Is that correct? Does this fit anyone you know, including yourself?

I think this is the case with me too, but even before my breakup, I was already craving variety.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4585
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Post by Taco » August 8th, 2013, 9:58 am

Western women do nothing to instill loyalty into their men that's for sure. However, I think narcissism is root cause of infidelity. The guys that sleep around seem to have a fairly high opinion of themselves as they never feel guilty about it afterwards.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2533
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Post by Repatriate » August 8th, 2013, 10:08 am

I don't think humans are meant to be naturally monogamous anyways. If it's within the male's social capacity to do so they will f**k lots of women naturally. Women are biologically designed to accept lots of mates within a tribe. You can't just choose to be a playboy..if you are constrained by your lack of options (financial, attractiveness, or whatever) then you'll end up in another long term relationship. Most American men are constrained by various social and economic limitations.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25732
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » August 8th, 2013, 10:20 am

Good points guys. Steve R told me the other day that people he talked to from Latin America say that men in their countries are commonly playboys. This seems to be also true of men in Russia, Ukraine and the Philippines as well. Steve said that this was proof that men by nature are playboys. It's only in repressed countries like the US that men are repressed and not allowed to follow their true nature. Being a playboy in the US is a taboo.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Renata
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1106
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 12:14 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Are playboys suffering from a broken heart?

Post by Renata » August 8th, 2013, 11:02 am

Winston wrote:I have a theory.

Guys who are playboys or players are not just into variety in women. They probably got propelled into that lifestyle after getting traumatized by a broken heart from someone who left them. The separation caused such pain that they don't want to let it ever happen again. So instead of investing all their feelings into one person, they DIVERSIFY their feelings by spreading it to multiple women, while not getting serious with any of them. This way they are protected from getting hurt, so that if they lose one girl, they have others as backup.

Is that correct? Does this fit anyone you know, including yourself?

I think this is the case with me too, but even before my breakup, I was already craving variety.
They don't suffer from broken hearts, it's just a case of being low-class plus having no morals when it comes to others.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -

User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2767
Joined: August 14th, 2012, 12:48 am
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Post by Teal Lantern » August 8th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Winston wrote:Good points guys. Steve R told me the other day that people he talked to from Latin America say that men in their countries are commonly playboys. This seems to be also true of men in Russia, Ukraine and the Philippines as well. Steve said that this was proof that men by nature are playboys. It's only in repressed countries like the US that men are repressed and not allowed to follow their true nature. Being a playboy in the US is a taboo.
I think fschmidt wrote a piece about "post-game societies", describing this structure.
The males are so busy mate-guarding and mate stealing (well, borrowing at least), men won't cooperate long enough to build or maintain civilization beyond bare necessity.

That goes for not just the places you mentioned, but lower class areas in 1st world nations, too.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 491
Joined: June 3rd, 2013, 4:21 pm

Post by Mr.Darcy » August 8th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Ya, I have a couple of player friends and they're always complaining about girls screwing them over.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2533
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Re: Are playboys suffering from a broken heart?

Post by Repatriate » August 8th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Renata wrote:
Winston wrote:I have a theory.

Guys who are playboys or players are not just into variety in women. They probably got propelled into that lifestyle after getting traumatized by a broken heart from someone who left them. The separation caused such pain that they don't want to let it ever happen again. So instead of investing all their feelings into one person, they DIVERSIFY their feelings by spreading it to multiple women, while not getting serious with any of them. This way they are protected from getting hurt, so that if they lose one girl, they have others as backup.

Is that correct? Does this fit anyone you know, including yourself?

I think this is the case with me too, but even before my breakup, I was already craving variety.
They don't suffer from broken hearts, it's just a case of being low-class plus having no morals when it comes to others.
The highest status or richest men also tend to be the biggest playboys simply because it's easy and all options are available when it comes to women. Women also naturally accept this behavior more because they value such high men. Tell me that you wouldn't sleep with George Clooney or some other famous and fantastically wealthy man if given the chance. A lot of women will deny that they would but behind closed doors or in a social scene they will fully submit in awe then rationalize it later as a moment of weakness.

marklambo
Junior Poster
Posts: 709
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Post by marklambo » August 8th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Mr.Darcy wrote:Ya, I have a couple of player friends and they're always complaining about girls screwing them over.
When dealing with western women, you either play them or they play you. The one that gets screwed over is the one who was played and is not the player.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25732
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Are playboys suffering from a broken heart?

Post by Winston » August 8th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Renata wrote: They don't suffer from broken hearts, it's just a case of being low-class plus having no morals when it comes to others.
Why low class? Isn't it the opposite? Men who have more money and are higher class are usually the ones who can afford to be playboys. This is why richer guys in Asia will have mistresses, even if they are married. Lower class men usually have to be monogamous since they can't get women as easily.

But anyway, if you talk to playboy types, you will find that a lot of them became playboys after suffering a big broken heart or traumatizing breakup.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
Posts: 958
Joined: July 7th, 2013, 10:41 pm

Post by SilverEnergy » August 9th, 2013, 2:18 am

Another useless thread....

I do know women are responsible for creating badboys.

Lots of nice guys turned into bad boys have being treated bad by women.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer

celery2010
Freshman Poster
Posts: 325
Joined: July 13th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Post by celery2010 » August 9th, 2013, 2:53 am

Well some people have the "love" gene and want to fall in love, and do fall in love, but find it hard to resist the pull of other women, too.

Also, (rich, powerful) men in Asia are also players.

User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2767
Joined: August 14th, 2012, 12:48 am
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Post by Teal Lantern » August 9th, 2013, 8:20 pm

Found fschmidt's write-up. 1 page.

Post-Game Culture
http://www.coalpha.org/Post-Game-Culture-td6256108.html
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

theprimebait
Junior Poster
Posts: 828
Joined: March 9th, 2013, 8:02 am

Post by theprimebait » August 9th, 2013, 10:27 pm

all men will cheat given the chance.all men will abandon their spouse if a hotter,better thing is there that wants them.

women are no different.humans are incapable of forming loyal bonds.

I've come to that conclusion.I think it is true.

sociopathy is human nature.

Hero
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Post by Hero » August 10th, 2013, 12:48 am

Winston wrote: Steve R told me the other day that people he talked to from Latin America say that men in their countries are commonly playboys. This seems to be also true of men in Russia, Ukraine and the Philippines as well.
When I tell Filipinas that I've never been married, they just assume that I must be a playboy. It's the biggest obstacle I've had to dating them.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”