Are playboys suffering from a broken heart?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Teal Lantern wrote:Found fschmidt's write-up. 1 page.

Post-Game Culture
http://www.coalpha.org/Post-Game-Culture-td6256108.html
There is no point posting this here. Men here don't want hear this, they just want to rationalize their depravity. This is why I turned to religion, because only through religion can men be taught morals.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I tend to agree with Renata. I've seen many guys fool around, and they're low-class scum. However, I know rich people do it too, however it seems more because they wanted variety, or they were never that classy to begin with.

Do you guys know of any folks who're well-off in body and mind and have some semblance of class, but fool around with multiple partners?
rudder
Junior Poster

Re: Are playboys suffering from a broken heart?

Post by rudder »

Winston wrote:I have a theory.

Guys who are playboys or players are not just into variety in women. They probably got propelled into that lifestyle after getting traumatized by a broken heart from someone who left them. The separation caused such pain that they don't want to let it ever happen again. So instead of investing all their feelings into one person, they DIVERSIFY their feelings by spreading it to multiple women, while not getting serious with any of them. This way they are protected from getting hurt, so that if they lose one girl, they have others as backup.

Is that correct? Does this fit anyone you know, including yourself?

I think this is the case with me too, but even before my breakup, I was already craving variety.
Growing up here in the US, it was a non-stop broken heart from day one. I made a couple girlfriends along the way, and I noticed how neither of them were as emotionally invested in the relationship. I'd like to meet a woman that loves me as much as I love her. If I have to burn through many of them to find her, then so be it.
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Re: Are playboys suffering from a broken heart?

Post by suprmon »

Playboys are known to typically be successful and wealthy. Because of this they have this sense of empowerment that allows them to bounce around from one woman to the next, and to also have that "there will be more from where that came from" attitude! They know that as long as they have wealth and success, the young hot babes will always be waiting in line for them. The bottom line is that "Playboys can never have a broken heart!"