Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


What do you all do for a living?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:57 am

C.J. wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Have you ever heard of MATHLAB? I cannot believe it's actually OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING FOR CALCULUS, ALGEBRA, AND TRIG. Fuc.king amazing.

Yeah, never really dove into it though. Didn't seem to help me accomplish any of my programming-related goals.

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Let me know what's up. I work on music too. I do my own mastering, EQing, editing, looping, track freezing, producing, songwriting, arranging, et. al.

Cool. I'm trying to write more engaging music. Various Japanese composers and Detroit techno works have helped inspire me to dissect their beats, chord progressions and arranging techniques. Now I can recognize how songwriters accomplish their desired sound, just by listening to a song. That's what I want to base my own songwriting style on - familiar yet engaging techno beats, melty bass tones and dreamy R&B progressions, however it seems that I only get pop, country and gospel ideas from above. :/


You want to get ideas of chord progressions in techno, wobble bass lines, and dreamy/ambient/atmospheric R&B chords?? F.ucking download Catanya, which is a VST plugin. You may thank me later. I use it for my track productions every now and then.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby ladislav » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:02 am

ESL teacher, teacher trainer, also sell e-books and some of my art. Get some royalties for prints. Then, I do translation and editing work.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Maverick » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:06 am

Military Medical Officer.

Hopeful Entrepreneur. ;)
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby Ghost » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:07 pm

I teach ESL in China right now.

I also do freelance and independent (self-published) writing. Just started last year, but writing is my real love and what I want to do above all else.

Later this year or next I want to expand my teaching into teaching ESL online and look into starting my own school in Asia (and maybe just a purely online academy of sorts.)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Hero » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Maverick wrote:Military Medical Officer.

Hopeful Entrepreneur. ;)


Hey, my cousin's in that line of work. :)
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Postby AnonymousAmerican » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Hero wrote:Wow, I'm surprised that there are so many college students and recent graduates here. Usually guys don't figure out that they'd be happier abroad until they're in their 40s or later.


for me, my immigrant background, not being able to fit in amongst americans, and the girl on my avatar were the things that made me see I'll be better off leaving the US. but yes, young people are starting to figure it out because shit keeps getting worse and worse.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=19236
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:35 pm
Location: Bay Area, Nor-Cal

Postby Jeremy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Hero wrote:Wow, I'm surprised that there are so many college students and recent graduates here. Usually guys don't figure out that they'd be happier abroad until they're in their 40s or later.


It only took me the first few days of uni to realize the game here is unwinnable.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:47 am

Postby Maverick » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Hero wrote:
Maverick wrote:Military Medical Officer.

Hopeful Entrepreneur. ;)


Hey, my cousin's in that line of work. :)


That's funny. Maybe we know each other. :P
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby Maverick » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Hero wrote:Wow, I'm surprised that there are so many college students and recent graduates here. Usually guys don't figure out that they'd be happier abroad until they're in their 40s or later.


I'm in my mid-20s and not too far off from college.

I think this has changed for a few reasons:

1) The internet and realization that there are other options out there.

2) The god-awful stories from MANY formerly married men and the laws that caused these stories.

3) The difficulty in finding a woman in west that is suitable for marriage.


I believe that if any young guy here wants to get laid consistently, all he has to do is get into PUA and follow their teachings. It does work very well for one night stands and short term flings. But, as many have said here, you don't want to have to game your long term girlfriend or wife until the day you die.

I truly believe that more and more men will be waking up to this. I already know a guy slightly older than me (late 20's) that moved to Thailand and married a girl there. Also, this is big in the military, as MANY guys are bringing wives back or intentionally getting stationed in other countries with the intention of meeting a foreign wife.

Eventually, I think that this will be as mainstream as PUA became, which is a good thing, since it may lead to western women re-examining their behavior. Unfortunately, I have seen evidence from talking to girls in other countries that they are also becoming westernized. But that's a topic for another thread. :D
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby fightforlove » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:21 pm

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
C.J. wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Have you ever heard of MATHLAB? I cannot believe it's actually OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING FOR CALCULUS, ALGEBRA, AND TRIG. Fuc.king amazing.

Yeah, never really dove into it though. Didn't seem to help me accomplish any of my programming-related goals.

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Let me know what's up. I work on music too. I do my own mastering, EQing, editing, looping, track freezing, producing, songwriting, arranging, et. al.

Cool. I'm trying to write more engaging music. Various Japanese composers and Detroit techno works have helped inspire me to dissect their beats, chord progressions and arranging techniques. Now I can recognize how songwriters accomplish their desired sound, just by listening to a song. That's what I want to base my own songwriting style on - familiar yet engaging techno beats, melty bass tones and dreamy R&B progressions, however it seems that I only get pop, country and gospel ideas from above. :/


You want to get ideas of chord progressions in techno, wobble bass lines, and dreamy/ambient/atmospheric R&B chords?? F.ucking download Catanya, which is a VST plugin. You may thank me later. I use it for my track productions every now and then.


Curious, what type of platform are you using for your recording software?? I'm also a musician/guitarist/songwriter but have never done my own recording/mixing. I'm on the market for a new laptop and keep hearing about the obvious perks of using a MacBook, but also hearing about good recording software alternatives for the PC route.
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yohan and 5 guests