Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Pre-move: Adopting a positive attitude

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Pre-move: Adopting a positive attitude

Postby mguy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Thoughts of a man soon leaving the USA for good.

The key difference in finding happiness abroad, or just finding happiness in the comfort of your living room lies in setting positive mind set within the individual.

Most of the analytic readers here have been subjected to humiliating defeats brought on by the highly unequal dating platform of the current modern world. Yet, out of all this, we have the positive gain of the proliferation of ideas and perspectives from individuals who now guide each others thoughts and prejudices. For every negative force, there is an equally positive reaction through the universal force that which permeates all known space. Call it Karma.

Mr. Winston, a flag carrier in the movement, certainly held onto beliefs that happiness lies in finding oneself in a different environment that is conducive to self-growth and honest introspection. As result most of the men reading this forum are disgruntled from their experiences and look to him as an inspiration -- and as a model solution.

However, in grand scheme of things what we have here is not a crises in society but a crises in the individuals manifestation of their objective definition of happiness. There is no global dating solution, there is only global dating. And I will let you in a little secret. Global dating has not been proven to increase the satisfaction of males. If anything, it had led to a decline to overall happiness by hinting at the idea of a solution that could somewhat alleviate the pain caused by suffering rejection.

Again, global dating is not the solution. What it is, and I say this with certainty, is that it provides the individual to come to grasp with himself. The moment you leave, once the initial rush subsides, the monotony entrenches itself, then you are left with a confrontation with the self. Maybe then the problem is not wholly societal maybe the problem... is you.

Directly, an ability is needed to be injected to the men on this forum. This ability is to adopt a positive attitude while they are still at home waiting to leave. The attitude hedges the bet. The attitude is the thing in itself. The shift in attitude is what leaving is for. It is best for it to occur now and here, not there and later. This is the solution, this here and now, not the there and later. IT is the happy in the happy abroad -- the positive mindset.

In all honesty, most men in the forum will not even get to a point that I am in now. G-Minus days to departure -- staring it square in the eye. What I see through all this is myself most of all. I have to confront myself now, the man who has forsaken millions of dollars in unearned income from a lifetime to subsist at a third world country. Don't worry, I'm buying a scooter and will be video'ing all this shit.

Image
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby mguy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:43 pm

can we move this thread elsewhere?
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby Billy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:26 pm

you are right but determinism is a bitch. a headless chicken will always be a headless chicken.... finding meaning in a meaningless life is a difficult task.
Billy
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Postby Winston » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:36 am

mguy wrote:can we move this thread elsewhere?


Sure I can move it. Where do you want to move it to? Maybe the Personal Development board?
Last edited by Winston on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Pre-move: Adopting a positive attitude

Postby Jester » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 am

mguy wrote:Thoughts of a man soon leaving the USA for good.

The key difference in finding happiness abroad, or just finding happiness in the comfort of your living room lies in setting positive mind set within the individual.

Most of the analytic readers here have been subjected to humiliating defeats brought on by the highly unequal dating platform of the current modern world. Yet, out of all this, we have the positive gain of the proliferation of ideas and perspectives from individuals who now guide each others thoughts and prejudices. For every negative force, there is an equally positive reaction through the universal force that which permeates all known space. Call it Karma.

Mr. Winston, a flag carrier in the movement, certainly held onto beliefs that happiness lies in finding oneself in a different environment that is conducive to self-growth and honest introspection. As result most of the men reading this forum are disgruntled from their experiences and look to him as an inspiration -- and as a model solution.

However, in grand scheme of things what we have here is not a crises in society but a crises in the individuals manifestation of their objective definition of happiness. There is no global dating solution, there is only global dating. And I will let you in a little secret. Global dating has not been proven to increase the satisfaction of males. If anything, it had led to a decline to overall happiness by hinting at the idea of a solution that could somewhat alleviate the pain caused by suffering rejection.

Again, global dating is not the solution. What it is, and I say this with certainty, is that it provides the individual to come to grasp with himself. The moment you leave, once the initial rush subsides, the monotony entrenches itself, then you are left with a confrontation with the self. Maybe then the problem is not wholly societal maybe the problem... is you.

Directly, an ability is needed to be injected to the men on this forum. This ability is to adopt a positive attitude while they are still at home waiting to leave. The attitude hedges the bet. The attitude is the thing in itself. The shift in attitude is what leaving is for. It is best for it to occur now and here, not there and later. This is the solution, this here and now, not the there and later. IT is the happy in the happy abroad -- the positive mindset.

In all honesty, most men in the forum will not even get to a point that I am in now. G-Minus days to departure -- staring it square in the eye. What I see through all this is myself most of all. I have to confront myself now, the man who has forsaken millions of dollars in unearned income from a lifetime to subsist at a third world country. Don't worry, I'm buying a scooter and will be video'ing all this shit.

Image


+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby mguy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Winston wrote:
mguy wrote:can we move this thread elsewhere?


Sure I can move it. Where do you want to move it to? Maybe the Personal Development board?


yes please
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby Johnny1975 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Mguy, what are you saying? Are you saying that moving to another country to find better women and a better lifestyle is a good idea but only if you become happy at home first? If that's what you're saying it doesn't make much sense. I kind of get it, but you can't be totally happy at home if the whole issue is that you want to leave because you're not happy. That would be pretending.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Postby Jester » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:51 am

Johnny1975 wrote:Mguy, what are you saying? Are you saying that moving to another country to find better women and a better lifestyle is a good idea but only if you become happy at home first? If that's what you're saying it doesn't make much sense. I kind of get it, but you can't be totally happy at home if the whole issue is that you want to leave because you're not happy. That would be pretending.


Can't speak for MGuy, but for me:

commit to the "outer" goal of moving abroad, with no unnecessary delay....

...and then use that as the incentive or focus to improve the "inner jester" -- make myself positive and proud and happy wherever I am on that journey.

Like planning to take a beach vacation, and buying the ticket... while working to get in great shape, learn snorkeling, etc so as to enjoy the beach to the max...

Or planning to go abroad,... give notice to landlord and get packed... but use that urgency as an incentive to start twice-daily language lessons

In other words the "outer" is the motivation for our animal nature, and our animal nature cannot be denied... but the "inner" is where the manhood or even divinity within us gets tapped, ignited, etc.

In other words DON'T stay here - GO -- "with all deliberate speed" -- the outer journey is the catalyst... just know that the inner changes will be the important ones.

My 2 cents...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests