Dianne is a good example of how easy women have it.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
bennandsarah
Freshman Poster

Post by bennandsarah »

deleted
Last edited by bennandsarah on September 1st, 2013, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It wasn't like this in the 1980's and early 1990's -- that's for sure bud.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

kai1275 wrote: This part is sooooo ignorant, no offense, I don't know where to begin. OK so, first of all Mayo Clinic is not going to be a good source of information about genetics. Seriously. You can find a geneticist and maybe they can explain it better but, just because you have a tall mother or father, that will not determine that your children will be tall. Let me provide a real example for you that I can share:

My father is ~5-11 and my mother is 5'2"-ish. My mother's brothers are all 6-2 to 6-6 tall. Her father is 6-7. Her mother is 5-5'2" tall. Her sisters are 5'3-5'8', she has 5 brothers and 4 sisters. I am 5-8 3/4 exactly. My two younger brothers are 5'6'-ish and 5'8'. I was 5'7 for 10+ years until 24 and grew one more inch. Anyway, my exwife was a biologist before she became a psychology doctor whatever, and she concentrated on genetics. So she basically did a geneology tree for me explained it like this:

1. All females on my mother's side of the family carry a dominate gene trait for short male offspring and for tall male boys that gene is a recessive one. Also all female cousins are tall for women over 5'6" because both female and male siblings carry a dominate gene for that.
2. None of my mother's sisters have sons that are taller than 5-11. Despite even having a 6'5 father!! one of my cousins is 5-6 as well!
3. My mother's brothers carry a dominate gene trait for tall males, because all of those cousins are 6'0 minimum to 6'3" tall.

You have to get a geneogram done in order to figure out stuff like this. You cannot just go by looks and think, oh she is tall, he is tall, okay the babies should be tall too. That is stupid and does not work. One guy on HA, Maverick I think it was said his brothers are 6'+ and he is 5'6". That might be because one of his parents was carrying a recessive gene trait for height, and the sperm or egg that was fertilized was carrying that genetic trait in its list of hair color, eye color, other instructions, etc. My wife and I might actually have a 6'5 son or 6' daughter because of the gene lottery that I might have in my DNA. My great grandfathers were all very tall too on both sides.

Also you would have to be a fool to also think that environment does not affect height. Look up lead studies and correlation to height, BPA, Mercury, cold weather environments, etc etc. all those things affect our DNA before we make offspring.
I think you missed my point here. I'm talking about correlations, both perceived and actual.

I'm pretty sure that most Chinese believe that a woman who stands 5'7" has a much higher chance of bearing a tall offspring than one who stands 5'2". Perception about important issues of course influences mate and marriage choices.

In reality, a person's height IS positively correlated with the average of both their parents. In fact, it's even correlated to height of just one parent. Sure, there are other factors involved too. So the correlation coefficient between an adult's height and the average of his parents' is not +1. But it's way above 0, most likely above +0.5

If you had no information about a couple (no knowledge about family history, genealogy, etc.), but just knew that man stood 6'6" and woman stood 5'10", what do you suppose the chances are that they would bear a child of below average stature (if male average is 5'10" and female average is 5'5")? Don't you think the chances are much better than even that their kid would be above average height? It's always a roll of the dice. But by actively screening mates for certain factors, you can improve odds tremendously for traits you prefer.

When people make visual choices, they don't have perfect information. They just go by what they see. A person's height is a very rough proxy for how tall his or her kids are likely to grow. It's far from being a perfect predictor. But its the best you can do with casual observance.

As for your comments on height being related to environment. That's also true of course. North Koreans are a lot shorter than South Koreans on average. Not much debate about why. But once a country reaches a certain level, it becomes a lot less critical. People who get normal upbringing will reach their full potential height in the given environment. The biggest swing factor is the height of the parents in determining height of child assuming normal upbringing in a near developed or developed country.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Rock wrote:
kai1275 wrote: This part is sooooo ignorant, no offense, I don't know where to begin. OK so, first of all Mayo Clinic is not going to be a good source of information about genetics. Seriously. You can find a geneticist and maybe they can explain it better but, just because you have a tall mother or father, that will not determine that your children will be tall. Let me provide a real example for you that I can share:

My father is ~5-11 and my mother is 5'2"-ish. My mother's brothers are all 6-2 to 6-6 tall. Her father is 6-7. Her mother is 5-5'2" tall. Her sisters are 5'3-5'8', she has 5 brothers and 4 sisters. I am 5-8 3/4 exactly. My two younger brothers are 5'6'-ish and 5'8'. I was 5'7 for 10+ years until 24 and grew one more inch. Anyway, my exwife was a biologist before she became a psychology doctor whatever, and she concentrated on genetics. So she basically did a geneology tree for me explained it like this:

1. All females on my mother's side of the family carry a dominate gene trait for short male offspring and for tall male boys that gene is a recessive one. Also all female cousins are tall for women over 5'6" because both female and male siblings carry a dominate gene for that.
2. None of my mother's sisters have sons that are taller than 5-11. Despite even having a 6'5 father!! one of my cousins is 5-6 as well!
3. My mother's brothers carry a dominate gene trait for tall males, because all of those cousins are 6'0 minimum to 6'3" tall.

You have to get a geneogram done in order to figure out stuff like this. You cannot just go by looks and think, oh she is tall, he is tall, okay the babies should be tall too. That is stupid and does not work. One guy on HA, Maverick I think it was said his brothers are 6'+ and he is 5'6". That might be because one of his parents was carrying a recessive gene trait for height, and the sperm or egg that was fertilized was carrying that genetic trait in its list of hair color, eye color, other instructions, etc. My wife and I might actually have a 6'5 son or 6' daughter because of the gene lottery that I might have in my DNA. My great grandfathers were all very tall too on both sides.

Also you would have to be a fool to also think that environment does not affect height. Look up lead studies and correlation to height, BPA, Mercury, cold weather environments, etc etc. all those things affect our DNA before we make offspring.
I think you missed my point here. I'm talking about correlations, both perceived and actual.

I'm pretty sure that most Chinese believe that a woman who stands 5'7" has a much higher chance of bearing a tall offspring than one who stands 5'2". Perception about important issues of course influences mate and marriage choices.

In reality, a person's height IS positively correlated with the average of both their parents. In fact, it's even correlated to height of just one parent. Sure, there are other factors involved too. So the correlation coefficient between an adult's height and the average of his parents' is not +1. But it's way above 0, most likely above +0.5

If you had no information about a couple (no knowledge about family history, genealogy, etc.), but just knew that man stood 6'6" and woman stood 5'10", what do you suppose the chances are that they would bear a child of below average stature (if male average is 5'10" and female average is 5'5")? Don't you think the chances are much better than even that their kid would be above average height? It's always a roll of the dice. But by actively screening mates for certain factors, you can improve odds tremendously for traits you prefer.

When people make visual choices, they don't have perfect information. They just go by what they see. A person's height is a very rough proxy for how tall his or her kids are likely to grow. It's far from being a perfect predictor. But its the best you can do with casual observance.

As for your comments on height being related to environment. That's also true of course. North Koreans are a lot shorter than South Koreans on average. Not much debate about why. But once a country reaches a certain level, it becomes a lot less critical. People who get normal upbringing will reach their full potential height in the given environment. The biggest swing factor is the height of the parents in determining height of child assuming normal upbringing in a near developed or developed country.
I did not miss any points. I gave you a fast crash course for how to correctly understand how height and genetics works! If you want to get into "perceived" probability" based on an ol "eye test", fine. If that makes you and others feel better about your choices, good for you all. Just understand you have been provided factual information and you are merely choosing other things like perception to make your choices. Just don't be surprised if you ever have children and any one of them are shorter than both you and your wife.

Also don't act like you cannot draw a quick tree to find out how tall someone in your wife's family is. How f***ing hard is it to ask someone how tall all their uncles and aunts, cousins, etc. are in a casual conversation? Funny thing is that even two people from poor backgrounds under 5'6 can have a kid 6'5 shoot up outta nowhere simply because of growth hormones in milk and corn alone, because they moved to the US or some other Western country. Your understanding and approach to this is very caveman like and you fail to understand the complexity involved in it. If I were you, personally I would search for what is considered a "consistently tall" woman, such as a Dutch or whatever you want woman with very tall family members on both sides of the family, going back at least 2 generations, that have the tightest deviation you can find. Of course this is an extreme measure, but if you were not into such fastidious activities and semantics, you would be married by now anyway, rendering these kinds of inquiries completely useless.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

kai1275 wrote:
Rock wrote:

I did not miss any points. I gave you a fast crash course for how to correctly understand how height and genetics works! If you want to get into "perceived" probability" based on an ol "eye test", fine. If that makes you and others feel better about your choices, good for you all. Just understand you have been provided factual information and you are merely choosing other things like perception to make your choices. Just don't be surprised if you ever have children and any one of them are shorter than both you and your wife.

Also don't act like you cannot draw a quick tree to find out how tall someone in your wife's family is. How f***ing hard is it to ask someone how tall all their uncles and aunts, cousins, etc. are in a casual conversation? Funny thing is that even two people from poor backgrounds under 5'6 can have a kid 6'5 shoot up outta nowhere simply because of growth hormones in milk and corn alone, because they moved to the US or some other Western country. Your understanding and approach to this is very caveman like and you fail to understand the complexity involved in it. If I were you, personally I would search for what is considered a "consistently tall" woman, such as a Dutch or whatever you want woman with very tall family members on both sides of the family, going back at least 2 generations, that have the tightest deviation you can find. Of course this is an extreme measure, but if you were not into such fastidious activities and semantics, you would be married by now anyway, rendering these kinds of inquiries completely useless.
Come-on now, we're talking about how regular people in China predict most likely offspring height. When they see a very short person they generally assume higher likelihood for shorter offspring and vice versa. You think they're going to go drawing trees to give short person the benefit of the doubt on this? A few may but many will think no further than that. And what percentage of PRC (or USA nationals) even know how to do thta? You must know, Chinese people still tend to hold many assumptions, not all of which are necessarily valid. Same holds for other groups of people too. Why does my friend's wife blame him for having short daughters. She never thought about the height of his other relatives. She just sees that he's short and thinks no further than that? Do you really expect most people to take it to deeper levels? People run on general prejudice and assumptions for the most part. Why do you think there is so much racism in the USA?

But on the technical point, the height thing, it's not invalid as a rough predictor. You cannot accurately deny there is a significant positive correlation. Just consider the scenarios and questions I asked in my last post. How likely is it if you don't have any other information? If you deny this, I would be happy to bet with you on a decent sample size of above average height parents bearing above average height children (averaged out) or vice versa.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Falcon is in Angeles City now. He will meet up with Dianne tomorrow. After that, you can ask him about his impressions of her. He will be in a position to easily dispel the false myths and illusions in your head that some of you guys have about her. Then you'll see how wrong you guys are.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
Falcon is in Angeles City now. He will meet up with Dianne tomorrow. After that, you can ask him about his impressions of her. He will be in a position to easily dispel the false myths and illusions in your head that some of you guys have about her. Then you'll see how wrong you guys are.
Falcon doesn't care about looks though Winston...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Yeah but he's a good judge of character and authenticity.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Yeah but he's a good judge of character and authenticity.
Didn't Dianne and her family try to milk you before?
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Winston, why do you care so much about what other people think if she's good looking or not? It's just going to be a never ending debate that's really pointless and not worth the trouble in my opinion.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

See viewtopic.php?t=20051 for my trip report of my meetup with Dianne.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon wrote:See viewtopic.php?t=20051 for my trip report of my meetup with Dianne.
Yeah everyone who posted in this thread should read Falcon's report of his meetup with Dianne. In it, he CONFIRMS that out in public, guys stare at Dianne a lot and check her out. This proves that she is attractive. No doubt about it. Thus, you weird guys are WRONG about that.

Plus he portrays the real Dianne's character, which is not the bad person that some of you guys made her out to be. So you see, there was a big split between reality and fiction in you guys' minds. You guys are way too jaded and overdemonize women too easily.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston wrote:Yeah everyone who posted in this thread should read Falcon's report of his meetup with Dianne. In it, he CONFIRMS that out in public, guys stare at Dianne a lot and check her out. This proves that she is attractive. No doubt about it. Thus, you weird guys are WRONG about that.

Plus he portrays the real Dianne's character, which is not the bad person that some of you guys made her out to be. So you see, there was a big split between reality and fiction in you guys' minds. You guys are way too jaded and overdemonize women too easily.
You see, deep down inside, Winston still really does care about Dianne. They're separated by distance now, unfortunately.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon wrote:
Winston wrote:Yeah everyone who posted in this thread should read Falcon's report of his meetup with Dianne. In it, he CONFIRMS that out in public, guys stare at Dianne a lot and check her out. This proves that she is attractive. No doubt about it. Thus, you weird guys are WRONG about that.

You see, deep down inside, Winston still really does care about Dianne. They're separated by distance now, unfortunately.
Yeah, but caring is one thing. It does not mean that I am willing to sacrifice everything and all freedom for another, or that I am a family man type. Anyone can care. But giving up your life and freedom to be bound to someone else is another matter.

I'm also a man of accuracy, which is why I'm trying to explain that the guys here have the wrong impression of Dianne, and an overly negative one too. That's why I said that above. It's about accuracy here.

vanelope
Freshman Poster

Post by vanelope »

People who are constantly discussing your life are usually not happy with their own.

Remember... people only rain on your parade because they're jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

marklambo wrote:All women have options, no matter what they look like unfortunately....

Here's the 76 year old breathing corpse that dates younger guys. She dated guys as young as 18! I can't imagine putting my penis inside a dry cobwebbed v****a that probably smells like rotten salmon.

Maybe there's something special about old aged rotten v****a that I don't know about .... but I'm not willing to find out either.

Forgive me, but I skipped 7 pages of bickering just so I could zero in on this.

This represents Quite a low point for MANkind.