Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Dianne is a good example of how easy women have it.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Rock » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:13 pm

kai1275 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Rock wrote:
kai1275 wrote:Guys,

Its not how you start, but how you finish... 8)Winston can do better than Dianne times 100, even in his current shape. To me, he just lost a bit of time just like I did some years ago.

If I showed you all a pic of my ex-wife, most of you would laugh at me, give me a hard time, call me a pariah, or your favorite activity which is to start a new thread to diss the looks of all black women in some way :D

If I then showed you a pic of my Chinese wife, then most of you would probably be quiet or shut up :D :D :D :D


Isn't your wife just 5'1" or 5'2" tho? You do know that height does matter in China. That link I posted here earlier for a company which uses sexily dressed hot young Chinese women as Mandarin teach cers to attract students had a roster of women who mostly ranged in height from 5'7 to 5'9". That's no coincidence. Tall stature contributes to perceived beauty. Some jobs there even specify a minimum height for female applicants (often 5'4" or above except in regions where people are mostly short). It's also an economic and class indicator. Go into some of the factory towns in Guangzhou and notice the difference between migrant factory workers and local residents. You must know about LL surgeries performed by some doctors in China. Yes, there are local women of normal height (say 4'11" to 5'5") who risk being crippled (and some indeed end up that way I believe) to get an extra 2-4 inches of precious height in China!

I'm sure your wife is pretty and all. But it's not like she's approaching perfection or anything even close (well maybe for you but certainly not in general). And Dianne is not my type either. But she is 5'5" or 5'6" which is quite tall in Phils. That is definitely a positive. And yes, the general standard there is low there in Phils. as I've said many times. Sometimes the Koreans catch the local gems but more often, I see them with girls who are plain or worse. So it's no surprise that Dianne, especially when she was 18 with no kid, would catch a fair bit of attention from qualified young Koreans there. In fact, according to my taste, the Korean guys I see with very cute or attractive girls are usually with their own country women. Many of the ones with Pinays in Pampanga are not doing that great IMO.


This is interesting.

So shorter girls in China are considered unattractive, even if they have a pretty face?


Height in China only matters to the person picking the girl. After asking so many that I have lost count, it is not as important to everyone there like it is in America. Overall, no one really gives a shit about the height of other people around them. If you ask taller 5'8+ stuckup beijing hi-so people maybe a portion of them care about other people's height but generally they only care about their mate's height, but still that is lower on the totem pole of priorities. When the average height of anyone around you is around 5'6 or 5'7 for both sexes, how picky can anyone get? Only 6 foot plus Chinese men possibly obsess over that like you do.

In order, Your average Chinese man grades women: (4, 5, and 6 can be swapped) (7 may not even be in some Chinese men's list)

1. Age/Youth
2. Skinny enough
3. Facial beauty
4. Long hair
5. pale skin/porcelain skin
6. money/guanxi
7. height

You certainly do not speak for me, let alone all men, when you suggest that height is more important than looks. Most men would not take a 3-4 faced 5'6"-6'0 woman over an (8-10) 5'1"-5'5" woman. There is no guarantee a taller woman produces taller children, but the genetic likelihood of good looking children goes up much much more.

Did you hear about the rich Chinese man who divorced and sued his wife because he found out that she was actually an ugly woman that had gotten many plastic surgeries? He was more concerned with his future children's looks, not their height so much. Only you and maybe a few others here are obsessed with height. even if your future wife is almost 6'0", it would not shock me if none of your kids get over 5'6" due to dominate recessive traits your wife may carry for shorter height. That is also ignoring environment and nutrition factors.

All that truly matter to me is that she is better looking than I am. All men need that for reasons I have ranted about before. You cannot control their self esteem, no matter what you tell them, if you look better than they do.

You mentioned Leg Lengthening. Ever took the time to look at the faces of the women that go have that procedure done? Case closed. When you cannot do much with your face or weight, it is easy to look at other areas to improve yourself if you are desperate. The plastic surgery industry is getting much cheaper in China, after it exploded in SKorea. Now women would rather waste their money on their face, if they are that vain nowadays.



Height in China only matters to the person picking the girl. After asking so many that I have lost count, it is not as important to everyone there like it is in America. Overall, no one really gives a shit about the height of other people around them. If you ask taller 5'8+ stuckup beijing hi-so people maybe a portion of them care about other people's height but generally they only care about their mate's height, but still that is lower on the totem pole of priorities. When the average height of anyone around you is around 5'6 or 5'7 for both sexes, how picky can anyone get? Only 6 foot plus Chinese men possibly obsess over that like you do.

Well yes, the absolute standards vary depending on where you are. Generally, people are noticeably taller in 1st and 2nd tier vs. 3rd and 4th tier, north vs. south, coast vs. hinterland, white collar vs. blue collar, richer vs. poorer, etc. Maybe a girl of 5’1â€￾ or 5’2â€￾ is fairly normal sized in latter categories. But the most recent measured height survey I could find on China in general (2010) listed average female height at just over 160 cm (5’3â€￾) and average male height at just over 172 cm (5’8â€￾), both for 19 year-olds. Presumably, a small percentage of the people in survey will continue to grow into 20s so 20 something average might even be a bit higher. Here is the data source:

http://www.sport.gov.cn/n16/n1077/n297454/2052709.html

Interesting that you bring up the USA because I never thought most American men were very picky about female height. But in China, people seem a lot more conscious about such things. They will consider prospects for their children if nothing else. Yes looks are important but so is height. Chinese companies in some cases will explicitly specify minimum height requirements for positions. The West China Employment Discrimination Research Program revealed that among 29,639 employment advertisements, 2,374 (8%) contain height requirements. Most common cut-offs are 160 cm followed by 165 cm, then 170 cm. Many others discriminate on height without making it an explicit requirement.


In order, Your average Chinese man grades women: (4, 5, and 6 can be swapped) (7 may not even be in some Chinese men's list)

1. Age/Youth
2. Skinny enough
3. Facial beauty
4. Long hair
5. pale skin/porcelain skin
6. money/guanxi
7. height

That looks like an intriguing list. Curious as to how you came to the order too. Did you just survey dozens and dozens of Chinese you came into direct and indirect contact with? Were they a comprehensive and proportional representation of all areas and socio economic classes in China? Anyway, some are very valuable while others are easy or rather common place. Some rational on each and tangential comments:

1. I certainly agree this is very important. Chinese men put a huge premium on youth. But Winston has done very well on that front with Dianne. You see, he started dating her seriously when she was just 18 (and with no children) in spite of him being around twice her age at the time. At that point, the half your age plus seven rule suggested youngest he could go would be 25. When you reach the age of 36, how old will your wife be? I ask this rhetorical question because you have stated that he should strive for much better. But on age/youth parameter which you claim is most important single factor to Chinese, he’s got you beat by a good margin.

2. I don’t see how this feature distinguishes a woman in the environment of China as overwhelming majority meet the standard. You might as well put down having both hands and both feet as an important feature lol.

3. Yes, female beauty is highly valued by males in China as it tends to be by males throughout the world. I think you or another poster rated Dianne’s face at 4.5 to 5 so this seems to be the key area you fault her on. Remember though, in the early days, Winston rated her looks at 8-9. You can argue some factors determining facial beauty are objective – proportion, symmetry, quality of teeth, etc. The main flaw I’ve noticed with Dianne, common with many Filipinas, is that she has a bit of a weak chin and slight under-bite. Other than that, a person’s attractiveness really depends on the perception of the beholder. If Winston rates her 8-9, why push him to do better? So he can find a girl that you approve of?

4. Pretty easy for most young Chinese women to grow their hair long if that’s the style most highly prized. So not a big deal. If your girl’s hair happens to be short, ask her to grow it long lol. Oh, and Dianne has very nice long hair so once again, she rates well on this standard.

5. Pale skin is pretty common in China given the genetic characteristics of Han Chinese and their sun avoidance habits. Now porcelain implies not only pale color but also excellent quality (invisible pores, even tone, lack of blemishes, zits, oil, excessive dryness, wrinkles, etc.). I do agree top quality skin is more scarce and therefore has high value. Air pollution and other environmental issues do create a lot of skin issues for many girls living in China. In case of Dianne, I would say she has decent skin quality but would be considered rather dark in China.

6. I’m sure certain guys look for this in a girl and I’ve seen the same in Taiwan. I don’t know what the percentage is in China but in Taiwan, I’m fairly sure it’s a minority. Dianne doesn’t have this of course lol.

7. If a girl is average to slightly above, her height is not much of an issue good or bad. If a girl, is around 168 cm or above (within reason), it becomes a big asset. As I mentioned, it improves prospects for the children and makes her more model like assuming she has an OK face or better. But if she is much below average height, it becomes a clear shortcoming. Even very pretty girls who are more than 2 or 3 cm below the average of their peer group will often be self conscious about it, especially given the hiring practices mentioned above and belief of many Chinese families and institutions in eugenics. Anecdotally, I found it much easier to attract shorter local girls during the time I spent in various areas around China than their taller counterparts, much to my chagrin, lol.

Never underestimate supply vs. demand dynamics. Chinese guys taken in aggregate suffer from a big an artificially created shortage of local girls. And most tend to rule out 剩女 which further compounds the shortage. Thus, from the bottom up, you will see a lot of local guys ‘settle’ when it comes to securing a wife. Many cannot afford to demand the locally rated 7s, 8s, and 9s or even 5s and 6s if they are to have a decent shot at marriage to a local girl.


You certainly do not speak for me, let alone all men, when you suggest that height is more important than looks.

I never claimed to speak for you. I’m just sharing my perceptions and observations as a foreigner who has lived, worked, and dated in various parts of greater China. I’m also questioning the guys here who insist Winston should go for ‘better’. I’d like to see these guys show balls as Winston has by posting photos of their own gals for the scrutiny of this forum. I’d say we’re a pretty tough crowd when it comes to judging other people’s women. It’s very easy to dish out judgment but not so easy to take it for so many!


Most men would not take a 3-4 faced 5'6"-6'0 woman over an (8-10) 5'1"-5'5" woman. There is no guarantee a taller woman produces taller children, but the genetic likelihood of good looking children goes up much much more.

I agree with the first part but that example is more extreme on the looks discrepancy than on the height. Anyway, girl’s are most commonly given one rating for total physical package instead of micro ratings for each feature or part. If a girl with an awesome face happened to have a very unattractive body (due to bad proportions, highly over/underweight, or high degree of shortness) her overall average rating would likely drop at least 2-3 points. Good looks can compensate to some extent for below average height and vice versa as long as neither shortcoming is too extreme. But if you wanna approach perfection, you gotta have it all. If height is so unimportant in China, why do so many service jobs where looks matter discriminate against shorter girls by not hiring them? Why would that Mandarin school who sells their lessons based on the looks of their teachers hire girls almost exclusively 5’6â€￾ to 5’9â€￾?


Did you hear about the rich Chinese man who divorced and sued his wife because he found out that she was actually an ugly woman that had gotten many plastic surgeries? He was more concerned with his future children's looks, not their height so much.

Yes I did read that story. That’s one case. Perhaps next year, another guy will sue his wife for getting 4 inches of LL surgery and not telling him till after the marriage. If you wanna bring up individual cases, I have a short American friend who married a much younger Shenyang woman several years ago. They’ve had two daughters who so far are pretty short relative to their peer groups. Now the wife, who has never given my friend a hard time for being old, criticizes him for contributing ‘short’ genes which she believes will damage the future of their two daughters.


Only you and maybe a few others here are obsessed with height. even if your future wife is almost 6'0", it would not shock me if none of your kids get over 5'6" due to dominate recessive traits your wife may carry for shorter height. That is also ignoring environment and nutrition factors.

I don’t believe environment and nutrition generally hinder growth much once you approach first world life style which most of us here are blessed with. I don’t get your argument about dominate recessive traits. But I do know a person’s height is highly correlated to that of both his parents.

Mayo Clinic: There's no proven way to predict a child's adult height. However, several formulas can provide a reasonable guess for child growth. Here's a popular example:
• Add the mother's height and the father's height in either inches or centimeters.
• Add 5 inches (13 centimeters) for boys or subtract 5 inches (13 centimeters) for girls.
• Divide by two.
Most children will reach an adult height within 4 inches (10 centimeters) of this estimation.


All that truly matter to me is that she is better looking than I am. All men need that for reasons I have ranted about before. You cannot control their self esteem, no matter what you tell them, if you look better than they do.

OK. But sometimes girls over or under rate their own appearance. There is often a gap between self perception and perception of your peers or the greater public. As for Winston, do you think he looks better than Dianne? If not, why tell him he should do better?


You mentioned Leg Lengthening. Ever took the time to look at the faces of the women that go have that procedure done? Case closed. When you cannot do much with your face or weight, it is easy to look at other areas to improve yourself if you are desperate. The plastic surgery industry is getting much cheaper in China, after it exploded in SKorea. Now women would rather waste their money on their face, if they are that vain nowadays.

No I haven’t seen them all. Have you? Presumably, there is a large case base of Chinese by now, some done at home, others abroad. So how is the case closed? Show all their photos and then maybe case closed lol.

As for weight, you sure can do a lot about that. It’s not hard for fat to very fat people to lose a lot of weight if they take the right course of action. It’s certainly a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to lose weight than gain height!

You are right about the plastic surgery industry explosion in China. Do you know that some of the top craniofacial and cosmetic surgery hospitals (yes hospitals dedicated solely to hard and soft tissue cosmetic procedures – only in S. Korea lol) in Seoul have more patients coming from China than Korea? And much of the cosmetic surgery performed in S. Korea on young and not so young Asian women leads to material improvements – visible changes in proportions and facial shape and/or dramatic improvements in symmetry. It is not like what you typically see in USA. Yes, these days, it’s possible for many Chinese women to buy a new face!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm







Postby kai1275 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Well yes, the absolute standards vary depending on where you are. Generally, people are noticeably taller in 1st and 2nd tier vs. 3rd and 4th tier, north vs. south, coast vs. hinterland, white collar vs. blue collar, richer vs. poorer, etc. Maybe a girl of 5’1â€￾ or 5’2â€￾ is fairly normal sized in latter categories. But the most recent measured height survey I could find on China in general (2010) listed average female height at just over 160 cm (5’3â€￾) and average male height at just over 172 cm (5’8â€￾), both for 19 year-olds. Presumably, a small percentage of the people in survey will continue to grow into 20s so 20 something average might even be a bit higher. Here is the data source:

http://www.sport.gov.cn/n16/n1077/n297454/2052709.html

Interesting that you bring up the USA because I never thought most American men were very picky about female height. But in China, people seem a lot more conscious about such things. They will consider prospects for their children if nothing else. Yes looks are important but so is height. Chinese companies in some cases will explicitly specify minimum height requirements for positions. The West China Employment Discrimination Research Program revealed that among 29,639 employment advertisements, 2,374 (8%) contain height requirements. Most common cut-offs are 160 cm followed by 165 cm, then 170 cm. Many others discriminate on height without making it an explicit requirement.


Seriously? The government ran Olympic/sports bureau? They force certain athletes to breed/marry with each other for height. Some say they picked out Yao Ming's wife. The stuff they do policy wise is something I am sure you would love to be apart of. American men and women, Westerners in general are picky about height. I do not need to prove this you can find this out by growing up here. Many others on HA have discussed this ad nausea..

China is not like the US or the West. The average height is very broad across China in general. So like you found, the average height of a woman in China is 5-3, because many of them are around that height +or- 3 inches of deviation. It's not like here where in my office of 7 guys, I am 5-8, one guy is 5-5, and one guy is 5-6, then everyone else is 6-2+ (1 black, one Indian, 1 hispanic, the rest white) (the hispanic guy is not the shortest one either). I walked around downtown last week and saw three 7 footers. The US has sporadic heights. Some European countries have a more uniform average like the Netherlands.

That looks like an intriguing list. Curious as to how you came to the order too. Did you just survey dozens and dozens of Chinese you came into direct and indirect contact with? Were they a comprehensive and proportional representation of all areas and socio economic classes in China? Anyway, some are very valuable while others are easy or rather common place. Some rational on each and tangential comments:


I came up with this list asking many Chinese men and women, some older ones too. Mostly anecdotal because I did not document it all on paper. It's not scientific but off hand, I was able to estimate around 55 people from all parts of China, but half from Beijing and the maybe a little less than half live in some part of South China. How or why would I ask these questions? I have a Political Science and History degree with a minor in Chinese, and did polling in college, so I know just a little bit about polling....just saying before you try to attack that.

My list is intriguing because it is a real list and not politically correct. A real world polling sample even by a Jezebel/Deadspin/etc reporter would not dare have the balls to post an article about this with the same information given to them. I can post that here no problem though. The funny thing is that some of those things were told to me without me asking, so then I just added that to my sampling. I even went back and requestioned others with those new parameters over time. I think I started asking people about this maybe 7 years ago and not much has changed really. That list is still subjective and based on a rough average. Some Beijing men and women I know would place guanxi at the number one spot over anything else. 4,5, and 6 are hard to average because they were either rank 4 or 5 or 6 in most people's ranks.

I noticed that you add height as an overall package for beauty whereas I asked people about this separately. I suppose you have a point about having a 3 body and an 8 face, being an issue, but a woman with a body that poor of shape, probably has a fat face or a skeletor/rat face. You can have a pretty face with a frumpy body though, usually not the other way around.

1. I certainly agree this is very important. Chinese men put a huge premium on youth. But Winston has done very well on that front with Dianne. You see, he started dating her seriously when she was just 18 (and with no children) in spite of him being around twice her age at the time. At that point, the half your age plus seven rule suggested youngest he could go would be 25. When you reach the age of 36, how old will your wife be? I ask this rhetorical question because you have stated that he should strive for much better. But on age/youth parameter which you claim is most important single factor to Chinese, he’s got you beat by a good margin.


I never slammed Winston over the age of Dianne nor saw a problem in their ages. I can tell he is older, but he still looks younger and better than she does in that picture (no homo). That is a mismatch, and not complimentary of what he is, especially considering what he is capable of getting out of a Chinese woman. Or perhaps what she is does compliment him and perhaps I am giving him too much credit, which is possible due to my bias of knowing of him via HA.

The age difference between me and my wife is considered by many Chinese, to be perfect for our age group. I am 29 and she is 24. 5 years difference is considered pretty good because Chinese men in China are expected by the parents to be getting married at 28-29 (even though legal marriage age for men is 22), and girls 20-24 is considered ideal. My wife's parents were very excited when my wife told them how old I was. They told her that was perfect and just right in their opinion. For Chinese men in China their age is not really an issue as long as they are 28-29+ or have alot of money/guanxi, then a younger guy is okay if he is mature enough and responsible and the male's parents can be trusted well to keep things in order. The female just needs to be legal age for marriage, which is just 20 years old. gaps of 10, 20, or even 30 are very common in China, just like anywhere else in the world. That is what I meant by that ranking.

2. I don’t see how this feature distinguishes a woman in the environment of China as overwhelming majority meet the standard. You might as well put down having both hands and both feet as an important feature lol.


Here you go again. You give body too much preference in grading beauty. Beautiful bodies are a dime for 10 dozen. Faces are unique, but they within their uniqueness certain features are universally admired. Look at ThePrimeBait's photo he posted:
Image

All those men are handsome (even with funny hairstyles) regardless of their ethnic background because they share similar facial features. Many typical Chinese men are going to keep shit simple, and just say he wants a girl with a pretty enough face. If he can get a 6-9 face, that is "good enough" for him, but they usually need to look better than the guy himself because there are ugly as sin guys in China with hot wives and not all of them are rich either. They don't want to lose face now do they? No.

3. Yes, female beauty is highly valued by males in China as it tends to be by males throughout the world. I think you or another poster rated Dianne’s face at 4.5 to 5 so this seems to be the key area you fault her on. Remember though, in the early days, Winston rated her looks at 8-9. You can argue some factors determining facial beauty are objective – proportion, symmetry, quality of teeth, etc. The main flaw I’ve noticed with Dianne, common with many Filipinas, is that she has a bit of a weak chin and slight under-bite. Other than that, a person’s attractiveness really depends on the perception of the beholder. If Winston rates her 8-9, why push him to do better? So he can find a girl that you approve of?


Her face is a 3.5 to a 4 at best and that is being nice, when you pointed out that under-bite, I had not even bothered to dig that deep into why her face is lacking. Her midsection does not look too good either, but some of that could be shirt folds in a funny position or the sloppy parts after just having a baby or something, I dunno. The chest to stomach ratio is still poor and like someone else said, those lanky arms and shoulders are not attractive either. The Dwight Howard style dimensions are not sexy on women, unlike men. She even looks to be lacking in good nutrition as well but that can be reversed in many ways. You and Winston can fool each other with your unorthodox/unique beauty grading, but on a mainstream scale, no one else here is buying it. I personally don't give a shit what you guys like fetish wise or whatever, but don't promote something that is the exact opposite of general consensus and tell others they are crazy or wrong when they say the exact opposite.

I know there are many hard-asses on HA, that trash all women's looks regardless, but no one reasonable is going to grade Dianne anywhere near an 8. That is just simply absurd. Don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining.

6. I’m sure certain guys look for this in a girl and I’ve seen the same in Taiwan. I don’t know what the percentage is in China but in Taiwan, I’m fairly sure it’s a minority. Dianne doesn’t have this of course lol.


No. China is not like Taiwan in that regard then. Guanxi goes both ways. Like I wrote in my guide, sometimes the Groom and his family must give a hong bao, to the bride and her parents for a marriage, and sometimes it goes the other way around. It depends upon whose family is the one "Marrying Down" and maybe a few other things. There is no hardfast rule on who must pay who. It really depends upon the situation. Many marriages in China are due to business connections and guanxi reasons. In the HiSo groups in China, even middle-upper class, this is the number one reason anyone chooses anyone for marriage. Seriously this topic would need it's own thread to fully explain or teach to someone that does not know China that well.

I agree with the first part but that example is more extreme on the looks discrepancy than on the height. Anyway, girl’s are most commonly given one rating for total physical package instead of micro ratings for each feature or part. If a girl with an awesome face happened to have a very unattractive body (due to bad proportions, highly over/underweight, or high degree of shortness) her overall average rating would likely drop at least 2-3 points. Good looks can compensate to some extent for below average height and vice versa as long as neither shortcoming is too extreme. But if you wanna approach perfection, you gotta have it all. If height is so unimportant in China, why do so many service jobs where looks matter discriminate against shorter girls by not hiring them? Why would that Mandarin school who sells their lessons based on the looks of their teachers hire girls almost exclusively 5’6â€￾ to 5’9â€￾?


The reason why those women are taller-ish is because they are models/sex workers and more importantly they are appealing to Western LAOWAI! DUH! They know that guys like you are the ones that will bite on some silly P4P marketing tactic like that. And did it work? Of course it did.... Don't believe me? What is average height of xiaojie in mainland China? I will give you a hint. (maybe the same as the average woman, because the only requirement is face and ability to open legs! ><) Now, if you want to discuss "er nai" then that is personal and unique to each Chinese man.

I don’t believe environment and nutrition generally hinder growth much once you approach first world life style which most of us here are blessed with. I don’t get your argument about dominate recessive traits. But I do know a person’s height is highly correlated to that of both his parents.

Mayo Clinic: There's no proven way to predict a child's adult height. However, several formulas can provide a reasonable guess for child growth. Here's a popular example:
• Add the mother's height and the father's height in either inches or centimeters.
• Add 5 inches (13 centimeters) for boys or subtract 5 inches (13 centimeters) for girls.
• Divide by two.
Most children will reach an adult height within 4 inches (10 centimeters) of this estimation.


This part is sooooo ignorant, no offense, I don't know where to begin. OK so, first of all Mayo Clinic is not going to be a good source of information about genetics. Seriously. You can find a geneticist and maybe they can explain it better but, just because you have a tall mother or father, that will not determine that your children will be tall. Let me provide a real example for you that I can share:

My father is ~5-11 and my mother is 5'2"-ish. My mother's brothers are all 6-2 to 6-6 tall. Her father is 6-7. Her mother is 5-5'2" tall. Her sisters are 5'3-5'8', she has 5 brothers and 4 sisters. I am 5-8 3/4 exactly. My two younger brothers are 5'6'-ish and 5'8'. I was 5'7 for 10+ years until 24 and grew one more inch. Anyway, my exwife was a biologist before she became a psychology doctor whatever, and she concentrated on genetics. So she basically did a geneology tree for me explained it like this:

1. All females on my mother's side of the family carry a dominate gene trait for short male offspring and for tall male boys that gene is a recessive one. Also all female cousins are tall for women over 5'6" because both female and male siblings carry a dominate gene for that.
2. None of my mother's sisters have sons that are taller than 5-11. Despite even having a 6'5 father!! one of my cousins is 5-6 as well!
3. My mother's brothers carry a dominate gene trait for tall males, because all of those cousins are 6'0 minimum to 6'3" tall.

You have to get a geneogram done in order to figure out stuff like this. You cannot just go by looks and think, oh she is tall, he is tall, okay the babies should be tall too. That is stupid and does not work. One guy on HA, Maverick I think it was said his brothers are 6'+ and he is 5'6". That might be because one of his parents was carrying a recessive gene trait for height, and the sperm or egg that was fertilized was carrying that genetic trait in its list of hair color, eye color, other instructions, etc. My wife and I might actually have a 6'5 son or 6' daughter because of the gene lottery that I might have in my DNA. My great grandfathers were all very tall too on both sides.

Also you would have to be a fool to also think that environment does not affect height. Look up lead studies and correlation to height, BPA, Mercury, cold weather environments, etc etc. all those things affect our DNA before we make offspring.

Nutrition is also super important! We are what we eat! Certain people globally find young men shooting up to 6 and 7 feet, like in China, that previously never saw men that tall before. The genes were still in the DNA, but it needed certain nutrients to encourage that.

Stress/Lifestyle also affects height some recent research showed, I cannot find the link right now and I am pressed for time, but the high amount of stress is being considered as one of the factors for why American men are getting shorter.

OK. But sometimes girls over or under rate their own appearance. There is often a gap between self perception and perception of your peers or the greater public. As for Winston, do you think he looks better than Dianne? If not, why tell him he should do better?


He does look better than she does IMO. Like I said before, she is 3ish to me, and Winston himself is 5ish I suppose. At least in that photo he was. Now the photo of him on the couch.....eh.....but all he needs to do is lose weight and clean up his face and hair. That's nothing. Everyone here has said this before. Nothing new. When Winston was 17-20, I bet he was far cuter than Dianne at the same age. That's the mismatch Im talking about. If you take my younger photos and my wife's and side comparison them, we are dead even. No one could probably say that about Winston and Dianne unless she was a swan in reverse... I have said at length before why men need a wife that look better than themselves, when I get time I will find it and put it in here or better yet, if you can grant me a sticky/article I can flesh it out considerably more.

No I haven’t seen them all. Have you? Presumably, there is a large case base of Chinese by now, some done at home, others abroad. So how is the case closed? Show all their photos and then maybe case closed lol.


Every single one of those women I saw either on documentaries or on photos from articles, look at best maybe a 6. The majority are simply trying to find some angle or advantage to make themselves look better because they are lacking in some other area bad enough to justify it. Anyone that desperate to repeatedly have their legs broken that much for 1/2 an inch at best, is already ugly in a mental/character sense anyway. Nuff said.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby Falcon » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Image


What impresses me about Hattie is that she is a free soul who doesn't cave in to bullying. She was the only woman on the Extreme Cougar Wives show who was incredibly sure of herself and genuinely happy. Here's her own video, not distorted by the lens of sensationalist media. You can see how spiritually rich and wise she is. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TR9jn5VBM0[/youtube]
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Postby Repatriate » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:13 pm

kai1275 wrote:Her face is a 3.5 to a 4 at best and that is being nice, when you pointed out that under-bite, I had not even bothered to dig that deep into why her face is lacking. Her midsection does not look too good either, but some of that could be shirt folds in a funny position or the sloppy parts after just having a baby or something, I dunno. The chest to stomach ratio is still poor and like someone else said, those lanky arms and shoulders are not attractive either. The Dwight Howard style dimensions are not sexy on women, unlike men. She even looks to be lacking in good nutrition as well but that can be reversed in many ways. You and Winston can fool each other with your unorthodox/unique beauty grading, but on a mainstream scale, no one else here is buying it. I personally don't give a shit what you guys like fetish wise or whatever, but don't promote something that is the exact opposite of general consensus and tell others they are crazy or wrong when they say the exact opposite.

I know there are many hard-asses on HA, that trash all women's looks regardless, but no one reasonable is going to grade Dianne anywhere near an 8. That is just simply absurd. Don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining.

It's possible (albeit very slim possibility) that Dianne might look a bit better in person which is why there seems to be such a divergence in opinion coming from those who have seen her in person versus those who have just seen pictures. Some people are not that photogenic because of the angles of their face or other qualities which stand out in a negative way. Winston likes to claim this is what happens to him in pictures but in his situation it's a pretty fanciful explanation :lol: but I can see it applying to Dianne.

I tend to agree with you that she's maybe a bit below average in the face department but overall she's a 5. She fits the definition of someone that is very plain jane. I've seen filipinas that are way better looking than her in Thailand though so if Dianne is actually considered "above average" for the Philippines then the Filipinas I saw must have been considered to be in the top 5%.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Repatriate » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:14 pm

Falcon wrote:
Image


What impresses me about Hattie is that she is a free soul who doesn't cave in to bullying. She was the only woman on the Extreme Cougar Wives show who was incredibly sure of herself and genuinely happy. Here's her own video, not distorted by the lens of sensationalist media. You can see how spiritually rich and wise she is. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TR9jn5VBM0[/youtube]

Falcon would you consider dating a granny like this?
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby kai1275 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Repatriate wrote:
kai1275 wrote:Her face is a 3.5 to a 4 at best and that is being nice, when you pointed out that under-bite, I had not even bothered to dig that deep into why her face is lacking. Her midsection does not look too good either, but some of that could be shirt folds in a funny position or the sloppy parts after just having a baby or something, I dunno. The chest to stomach ratio is still poor and like someone else said, those lanky arms and shoulders are not attractive either. The Dwight Howard style dimensions are not sexy on women, unlike men. She even looks to be lacking in good nutrition as well but that can be reversed in many ways. You and Winston can fool each other with your unorthodox/unique beauty grading, but on a mainstream scale, no one else here is buying it. I personally don't give a shit what you guys like fetish wise or whatever, but don't promote something that is the exact opposite of general consensus and tell others they are crazy or wrong when they say the exact opposite.

I know there are many hard-asses on HA, that trash all women's looks regardless, but no one reasonable is going to grade Dianne anywhere near an 8. That is just simply absurd. Don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining.

It's possible (albeit very slim possibility) that Dianne might look a bit better in person which is why there seems to be such a divergence in opinion coming from those who have seen her in person versus those who have just seen pictures. Some people are not that photogenic because of the angles of their face or other qualities which stand out in a negative way. Winston likes to claim this is what happens to him in pictures but in his situation it's a pretty fanciful explanation :lol: but I can see it applying to Dianne.

I tend to agree with you that she's maybe a bit below average in the face department but overall she's a 5. She fits the definition of someone that is very plain jane. I've seen filipinas that are way better looking than her in Thailand though so if Dianne is actually considered "above average" for the Philippines then the Filipinas I saw must have been considered to be in the top 5%.


Average for worldwide? Or is she above average for a filipino? No has answered this question. According to those bar girls in the other post, she is not average.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby Rock » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Falcon wrote:
Image


What impresses me about Hattie is that she is a free soul who doesn't cave in to bullying. She was the only woman on the Extreme Cougar Wives show who was incredibly sure of herself and genuinely happy. Here's her own video, not distorted by the lens of sensationalist media. You can see how spiritually rich and wise she is. :D



I tend to agree with you. But I wasn't as impressed with this vid of her as another where she was kinda flirting w the middle aged male interviewer. She has some charisma and seduction skills. If u focus on her eyes and face when she turns the magic on, it's possible to be drawn in despite her visibly sagging body skin. I think she's very inspirational and the guys hating on her are too narrow in their thinking.

Falcon, are u at all attracted to her? Just curious?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby marklambo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Rock wrote:If u focus on her eyes and face when she turns the magic on, it's possible to be drawn in despite her visibly sagging body skin.


lol maybe if she was 50+ years younger but come on, if it was an old man doing that, everyone would say he's a disgusting pervert. You would see much more negativity than you do now because she's a woman. If you read some of the comments from other women about her, they cheer her on and say how lovely and delicious she is. *puke*

If it were an old man, the same women that are cheering her on would be the ones saying how disgusting and perverted the old man was. They would also call him a pedophile, rapist, etc.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby Jeremy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:48 pm

My dick would not get off the couch with that old broad. Probably not with Dianne either.

I guess in one way I'm an indiscriminate horndog (any white chick who's under 30 and not more than 20 lbs. overweight will do), but in another way I'm quite picky (not attracted to any woman over 35).
Jeremy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:47 am

Postby Maverick » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:30 am

kai1275 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Rock wrote:
kai1275 wrote:Guys,

Its not how you start, but how you finish... 8)Winston can do better than Dianne times 100, even in his current shape. To me, he just lost a bit of time just like I did some years ago.

If I showed you all a pic of my ex-wife, most of you would laugh at me, give me a hard time, call me a pariah, or your favorite activity which is to start a new thread to diss the looks of all black women in some way :D

If I then showed you a pic of my Chinese wife, then most of you would probably be quiet or shut up :D :D :D :D


Isn't your wife just 5'1" or 5'2" tho? You do know that height does matter in China. That link I posted here earlier for a company which uses sexily dressed hot young Chinese women as Mandarin teach cers to attract students had a roster of women who mostly ranged in height from 5'7 to 5'9". That's no coincidence. Tall stature contributes to perceived beauty. Some jobs there even specify a minimum height for female applicants (often 5'4" or above except in regions where people are mostly short). It's also an economic and class indicator. Go into some of the factory towns in Guangzhou and notice the difference between migrant factory workers and local residents. You must know about LL surgeries performed by some doctors in China. Yes, there are local women of normal height (say 4'11" to 5'5") who risk being crippled (and some indeed end up that way I believe) to get an extra 2-4 inches of precious height in China!

I'm sure your wife is pretty and all. But it's not like she's approaching perfection or anything even close (well maybe for you but certainly not in general). And Dianne is not my type either. But she is 5'5" or 5'6" which is quite tall in Phils. That is definitely a positive. And yes, the general standard there is low there in Phils. as I've said many times. Sometimes the Koreans catch the local gems but more often, I see them with girls who are plain or worse. So it's no surprise that Dianne, especially when she was 18 with no kid, would catch a fair bit of attention from qualified young Koreans there. In fact, according to my taste, the Korean guys I see with very cute or attractive girls are usually with their own country women. Many of the ones with Pinays in Pampanga are not doing that great IMO.


This is interesting.

So shorter girls in China are considered unattractive, even if they have a pretty face?


Height in China only matters to the person picking the girl. After asking so many that I have lost count, it is not as important to everyone there like it is in America. Overall, no one really gives a shit about the height of other people around them. If you ask taller 5'8+ stuckup beijing hi-so people maybe a portion of them care about other people's height but generally they only care about their mate's height, but still that is lower on the totem pole of priorities. When the average height of anyone around you is around 5'6 or 5'7 for both sexes, how picky can anyone get? Only 6 foot plus Chinese men possibly obsess over that like you do.

In order, Your average Chinese man grades women: (4, 5, and 6 can be swapped) (7 may not even be in some Chinese men's list)

1. Age/Youth
2. Skinny enough
3. Facial beauty
4. Long hair
5. pale skin/porcelain skin
6. money/guanxi
7. height

You certainly do not speak for me, let alone all men, when you suggest that height is more important than looks. Most men would not take a 3-4 faced 5'6"-6'0 woman over an (8-10) 5'1"-5'5" woman. There is no guarantee a taller woman produces taller children, but the genetic likelihood of good looking children goes up much much more.

Did you hear about the rich Chinese man who divorced and sued his wife because he found out that she was actually an ugly woman that had gotten many plastic surgeries? He was more concerned with his future children's looks, not their height so much. Only you and maybe a few others here are obsessed with height. even if your future wife is almost 6'0", it would not shock me if none of your kids get over 5'6" due to dominate recessive traits your wife may carry for shorter height. That is also ignoring environment and nutrition factors.

All that truly matter to me is that she is better looking than I am. All men need that for reasons I have ranted about before. You cannot control their self esteem, no matter what you tell them, if you look better than they do.

You mentioned Leg Lengthening. Ever took the time to look at the faces of the women that go have that procedure done? Case closed. When you cannot do much with your face or weight, it is easy to look at other areas to improve yourself if you are desperate. The plastic surgery industry is getting much cheaper in China, after it exploded in SKorea. Now women would rather waste their money on their face, if they are that vain nowadays.


Haha man, that was a genuine question (hence the question mark). Rock's statement led me to believe that people there may value height over looks. I don't know since I've never been or tried to date there. I definitely DO NOT value height over looks. I'm like most guys: I don't really care what a girl's height is as long as she's hot.

Also, my height (5'6) is recessive. Most of the men in my family are 5'10+ so there's a reasonable chance that my sons will be average height + so I'm not insanely worried about that.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby Maverick » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:51 am

kai1275 wrote:
Well yes, the absolute standards vary depending on where you are. Generally, people are noticeably taller in 1st and 2nd tier vs. 3rd and 4th tier, north vs. south, coast vs. hinterland, white collar vs. blue collar, richer vs. poorer, etc. Maybe a girl of 5’1â€￾ or 5’2â€￾ is fairly normal sized in latter categories. But the most recent measured height survey I could find on China in general (2010) listed average female height at just over 160 cm (5’3â€￾) and average male height at just over 172 cm (5’8â€￾), both for 19 year-olds. Presumably, a small percentage of the people in survey will continue to grow into 20s so 20 something average might even be a bit higher. Here is the data source:

http://www.sport.gov.cn/n16/n1077/n297454/2052709.html

Interesting that you bring up the USA because I never thought most American men were very picky about female height. But in China, people seem a lot more conscious about such things. They will consider prospects for their children if nothing else. Yes looks are important but so is height. Chinese companies in some cases will explicitly specify minimum height requirements for positions. The West China Employment Discrimination Research Program revealed that among 29,639 employment advertisements, 2,374 (8%) contain height requirements. Most common cut-offs are 160 cm followed by 165 cm, then 170 cm. Many others discriminate on height without making it an explicit requirement.


Seriously? The government ran Olympic/sports bureau? They force certain athletes to breed/marry with each other for height. Some say they picked out Yao Ming's wife. The stuff they do policy wise is something I am sure you would love to be apart of. American men and women, Westerners in general are picky about height. I do not need to prove this you can find this out by growing up here. Many others on HA have discussed this ad nausea..

China is not like the US or the West. The average height is very broad across China in general. So like you found, the average height of a woman in China is 5-3, because many of them are around that height +or- 3 inches of deviation. It's not like here where in my office of 7 guys, I am 5-8, one guy is 5-5, and one guy is 5-6, then everyone else is 6-2+ (1 black, one Indian, 1 hispanic, the rest white) (the hispanic guy is not the shortest one either). I walked around downtown last week and saw three 7 footers. The US has sporadic heights. Some European countries have a more uniform average like the Netherlands.

That looks like an intriguing list. Curious as to how you came to the order too. Did you just survey dozens and dozens of Chinese you came into direct and indirect contact with? Were they a comprehensive and proportional representation of all areas and socio economic classes in China? Anyway, some are very valuable while others are easy or rather common place. Some rational on each and tangential comments:


I came up with this list asking many Chinese men and women, some older ones too. Mostly anecdotal because I did not document it all on paper. It's not scientific but off hand, I was able to estimate around 55 people from all parts of China, but half from Beijing and the maybe a little less than half live in some part of South China. How or why would I ask these questions? I have a Political Science and History degree with a minor in Chinese, and did polling in college, so I know just a little bit about polling....just saying before you try to attack that.

My list is intriguing because it is a real list and not politically correct. A real world polling sample even by a Jezebel/Deadspin/etc reporter would not dare have the balls to post an article about this with the same information given to them. I can post that here no problem though. The funny thing is that some of those things were told to me without me asking, so then I just added that to my sampling. I even went back and requestioned others with those new parameters over time. I think I started asking people about this maybe 7 years ago and not much has changed really. That list is still subjective and based on a rough average. Some Beijing men and women I know would place guanxi at the number one spot over anything else. 4,5, and 6 are hard to average because they were either rank 4 or 5 or 6 in most people's ranks.

I noticed that you add height as an overall package for beauty whereas I asked people about this separately. I suppose you have a point about having a 3 body and an 8 face, being an issue, but a woman with a body that poor of shape, probably has a fat face or a skeletor/rat face. You can have a pretty face with a frumpy body though, usually not the other way around.

1. I certainly agree this is very important. Chinese men put a huge premium on youth. But Winston has done very well on that front with Dianne. You see, he started dating her seriously when she was just 18 (and with no children) in spite of him being around twice her age at the time. At that point, the half your age plus seven rule suggested youngest he could go would be 25. When you reach the age of 36, how old will your wife be? I ask this rhetorical question because you have stated that he should strive for much better. But on age/youth parameter which you claim is most important single factor to Chinese, he’s got you beat by a good margin.


I never slammed Winston over the age of Dianne nor saw a problem in their ages. I can tell he is older, but he still looks younger and better than she does in that picture (no homo). That is a mismatch, and not complimentary of what he is, especially considering what he is capable of getting out of a Chinese woman. Or perhaps what she is does compliment him and perhaps I am giving him too much credit, which is possible due to my bias of knowing of him via HA.

The age difference between me and my wife is considered by many Chinese, to be perfect for our age group. I am 29 and she is 24. 5 years difference is considered pretty good because Chinese men in China are expected by the parents to be getting married at 28-29 (even though legal marriage age for men is 22), and girls 20-24 is considered ideal. My wife's parents were very excited when my wife told them how old I was. They told her that was perfect and just right in their opinion. For Chinese men in China their age is not really an issue as long as they are 28-29+ or have alot of money/guanxi, then a younger guy is okay if he is mature enough and responsible and the male's parents can be trusted well to keep things in order. The female just needs to be legal age for marriage, which is just 20 years old. gaps of 10, 20, or even 30 are very common in China, just like anywhere else in the world. That is what I meant by that ranking.

2. I don’t see how this feature distinguishes a woman in the environment of China as overwhelming majority meet the standard. You might as well put down having both hands and both feet as an important feature lol.


Here you go again. You give body too much preference in grading beauty. Beautiful bodies are a dime for 10 dozen. Faces are unique, but they within their uniqueness certain features are universally admired. Look at ThePrimeBait's photo he posted:
Image

All those men are handsome (even with funny hairstyles) regardless of their ethnic background because they share similar facial features. Many typical Chinese men are going to keep shit simple, and just say he wants a girl with a pretty enough face. If he can get a 6-9 face, that is "good enough" for him, but they usually need to look better than the guy himself because there are ugly as sin guys in China with hot wives and not all of them are rich either. They don't want to lose face now do they? No.

3. Yes, female beauty is highly valued by males in China as it tends to be by males throughout the world. I think you or another poster rated Dianne’s face at 4.5 to 5 so this seems to be the key area you fault her on. Remember though, in the early days, Winston rated her looks at 8-9. You can argue some factors determining facial beauty are objective – proportion, symmetry, quality of teeth, etc. The main flaw I’ve noticed with Dianne, common with many Filipinas, is that she has a bit of a weak chin and slight under-bite. Other than that, a person’s attractiveness really depends on the perception of the beholder. If Winston rates her 8-9, why push him to do better? So he can find a girl that you approve of?


Her face is a 3.5 to a 4 at best and that is being nice, when you pointed out that under-bite, I had not even bothered to dig that deep into why her face is lacking. Her midsection does not look too good either, but some of that could be shirt folds in a funny position or the sloppy parts after just having a baby or something, I dunno. The chest to stomach ratio is still poor and like someone else said, those lanky arms and shoulders are not attractive either. The Dwight Howard style dimensions are not sexy on women, unlike men. She even looks to be lacking in good nutrition as well but that can be reversed in many ways. You and Winston can fool each other with your unorthodox/unique beauty grading, but on a mainstream scale, no one else here is buying it. I personally don't give a shit what you guys like fetish wise or whatever, but don't promote something that is the exact opposite of general consensus and tell others they are crazy or wrong when they say the exact opposite.

I know there are many hard-asses on HA, that trash all women's looks regardless, but no one reasonable is going to grade Dianne anywhere near an 8. That is just simply absurd. Don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining.

6. I’m sure certain guys look for this in a girl and I’ve seen the same in Taiwan. I don’t know what the percentage is in China but in Taiwan, I’m fairly sure it’s a minority. Dianne doesn’t have this of course lol.


No. China is not like Taiwan in that regard then. Guanxi goes both ways. Like I wrote in my guide, sometimes the Groom and his family must give a hong bao, to the bride and her parents for a marriage, and sometimes it goes the other way around. It depends upon whose family is the one "Marrying Down" and maybe a few other things. There is no hardfast rule on who must pay who. It really depends upon the situation. Many marriages in China are due to business connections and guanxi reasons. In the HiSo groups in China, even middle-upper class, this is the number one reason anyone chooses anyone for marriage. Seriously this topic would need it's own thread to fully explain or teach to someone that does not know China that well.

I agree with the first part but that example is more extreme on the looks discrepancy than on the height. Anyway, girl’s are most commonly given one rating for total physical package instead of micro ratings for each feature or part. If a girl with an awesome face happened to have a very unattractive body (due to bad proportions, highly over/underweight, or high degree of shortness) her overall average rating would likely drop at least 2-3 points. Good looks can compensate to some extent for below average height and vice versa as long as neither shortcoming is too extreme. But if you wanna approach perfection, you gotta have it all. If height is so unimportant in China, why do so many service jobs where looks matter discriminate against shorter girls by not hiring them? Why would that Mandarin school who sells their lessons based on the looks of their teachers hire girls almost exclusively 5’6â€￾ to 5’9â€￾?


The reason why those women are taller-ish is because they are models/sex workers and more importantly they are appealing to Western LAOWAI! DUH! They know that guys like you are the ones that will bite on some silly P4P marketing tactic like that. And did it work? Of course it did.... Don't believe me? What is average height of xiaojie in mainland China? I will give you a hint. (maybe the same as the average woman, because the only requirement is face and ability to open legs! ><) Now, if you want to discuss "er nai" then that is personal and unique to each Chinese man.

I don’t believe environment and nutrition generally hinder growth much once you approach first world life style which most of us here are blessed with. I don’t get your argument about dominate recessive traits. But I do know a person’s height is highly correlated to that of both his parents.

Mayo Clinic: There's no proven way to predict a child's adult height. However, several formulas can provide a reasonable guess for child growth. Here's a popular example:
• Add the mother's height and the father's height in either inches or centimeters.
• Add 5 inches (13 centimeters) for boys or subtract 5 inches (13 centimeters) for girls.
• Divide by two.
Most children will reach an adult height within 4 inches (10 centimeters) of this estimation.


This part is sooooo ignorant, no offense, I don't know where to begin. OK so, first of all Mayo Clinic is not going to be a good source of information about genetics. Seriously. You can find a geneticist and maybe they can explain it better but, just because you have a tall mother or father, that will not determine that your children will be tall. Let me provide a real example for you that I can share:

My father is ~5-11 and my mother is 5'2"-ish. My mother's brothers are all 6-2 to 6-6 tall. Her father is 6-7. Her mother is 5-5'2" tall. Her sisters are 5'3-5'8', she has 5 brothers and 4 sisters. I am 5-8 3/4 exactly. My two younger brothers are 5'6'-ish and 5'8'. I was 5'7 for 10+ years until 24 and grew one more inch. Anyway, my exwife was a biologist before she became a psychology doctor whatever, and she concentrated on genetics. So she basically did a geneology tree for me explained it like this:

1. All females on my mother's side of the family carry a dominate gene trait for short male offspring and for tall male boys that gene is a recessive one. Also all female cousins are tall for women over 5'6" because both female and male siblings carry a dominate gene for that.
2. None of my mother's sisters have sons that are taller than 5-11. Despite even having a 6'5 father!! one of my cousins is 5-6 as well!
3. My mother's brothers carry a dominate gene trait for tall males, because all of those cousins are 6'0 minimum to 6'3" tall.

You have to get a geneogram done in order to figure out stuff like this. You cannot just go by looks and think, oh she is tall, he is tall, okay the babies should be tall too. That is stupid and does not work. One guy on HA, Maverick I think it was said his brothers are 6'+ and he is 5'6". That might be because one of his parents was carrying a recessive gene trait for height, and the sperm or egg that was fertilized was carrying that genetic trait in its list of hair color, eye color, other instructions, etc. My wife and I might actually have a 6'5 son or 6' daughter because of the gene lottery that I might have in my DNA. My great grandfathers were all very tall too on both sides.

Also you would have to be a fool to also think that environment does not affect height. Look up lead studies and correlation to height, BPA, Mercury, cold weather environments, etc etc. all those things affect our DNA before we make offspring.

Nutrition is also super important! We are what we eat! Certain people globally find young men shooting up to 6 and 7 feet, like in China, that previously never saw men that tall before. The genes were still in the DNA, but it needed certain nutrients to encourage that.

Stress/Lifestyle also affects height some recent research showed, I cannot find the link right now and I am pressed for time, but the high amount of stress is being considered as one of the factors for why American men are getting shorter.

OK. But sometimes girls over or under rate their own appearance. There is often a gap between self perception and perception of your peers or the greater public. As for Winston, do you think he looks better than Dianne? If not, why tell him he should do better?


He does look better than she does IMO. Like I said before, she is 3ish to me, and Winston himself is 5ish I suppose. At least in that photo he was. Now the photo of him on the couch.....eh.....but all he needs to do is lose weight and clean up his face and hair. That's nothing. Everyone here has said this before. Nothing new. When Winston was 17-20, I bet he was far cuter than Dianne at the same age. That's the mismatch Im talking about. If you take my younger photos and my wife's and side comparison them, we are dead even. No one could probably say that about Winston and Dianne unless she was a swan in reverse... I have said at length before why men need a wife that look better than themselves, when I get time I will find it and put it in here or better yet, if you can grant me a sticky/article I can flesh it out considerably more.

No I haven’t seen them all. Have you? Presumably, there is a large case base of Chinese by now, some done at home, others abroad. So how is the case closed? Show all their photos and then maybe case closed lol.


Every single one of those women I saw either on documentaries or on photos from articles, look at best maybe a 6. The majority are simply trying to find some angle or advantage to make themselves look better because they are lacking in some other area bad enough to justify it. Anyone that desperate to repeatedly have their legs broken that much for 1/2 an inch at best, is already ugly in a mental/character sense anyway. Nuff said.


Yes, this is correct. My mother's father's side of the family has all tall people, while my father's side has mostly short people (excluding my father's brother who is somehow over 6 feet as well).

As usual, mainstream society is confused when it comes to complex things (we usually discuss feminism and the economy under this umbrella....but this time we are talking about genetics).

Interestingly, we are able to choose a child's gender via a special kind of in vitro fertilization. Things like height, eye color, looks, etc. are considered to be not too far off (some believe that this is already available to the rich). So ACTUAL Gattaca-like eugenics may be possible even now.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby Repatriate » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:34 am

marklambo wrote:
Rock wrote:If u focus on her eyes and face when she turns the magic on, it's possible to be drawn in despite her visibly sagging body skin.


lol maybe if she was 50+ years younger but come on, if it was an old man doing that, everyone would say he's a disgusting pervert. You would see much more negativity than you do now because she's a woman. If you read some of the comments from other women about her, they cheer her on and say how lovely and delicious she is. *puke*

If it were an old man, the same women that are cheering her on would be the ones saying how disgusting and perverted the old man was. They would also call him a pedophile, rapist, etc.


I don't see how any healthy man of reasonable dating or marriageable age would consider that old crone as an actual viable sexual being worthy of sticking their weiner into. IMO, that's below a 1. It's in the negatives territory..it's on par with raiding the senior ward at the hospital or trolling retirement homes. Even if someone were to take the sexual aspect out of the equation she's a couple generations beyond a 0-30 something's relatable life experiences. I imagine it would be like dating someone who came out of a time machine.

I don't even consider that a cougar..it's more like a dying lioness on the way to the lion graveyard (or wherever lions go to expire) who you're stopping en route to put your penis into.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Repatriate » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:37 am

I honestly would be less shocked if someone told me they enjoy f***ing young corpses at the morgue than a sad old bag like that.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Repatriate » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:47 am

Rock wrote:If u focus on her eyes and face when she turns the magic on, it's possible to be drawn in despite her visibly sagging body skin.

The only light I see in her eyes is the one of fading mortality, like a flickering candle flame in the wind.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Falcon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:57 am

Repatriate wrote:The only light I see in her eyes is the one of fading mortality, like a flickering candle flame in the wind.


I see a novelist or poet in the making. :P
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], droid and 2 guests