Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics Mobile Friendly Theme
Discuss and talk about any general topic.
I think I just stumbled across a fantastic idea. I have been thinking about how great it would be to find a way to meet CLASSY , edcuated, higher class foreign women besides hanging around universities in a foreign country or whatever ideas one can think of. I started thinking about Cruises, specifically cruises that are mainly frequented by foreign women. But, I didnt want to run into the language barrier either as I just cant imagine that very many foreign women speak english? Maybe Im wrong about that, not sure. However, I do know from research that on the main Cruise line that serves South AMericans, (pullmantur), almost no one speaks english as I have read a few english passenger reviews stating that no one spoke english on these ships, so I wonder if it will be the same on ships frequesnted by Europeans too. Anyways, Pullmantur has 4 ships, of which 3 depart from S AMerican ports and when I perused the U tube videos on them, it didnt looks so great. It was mainly like US cruise ships, mostly older people, and marrieds/couples, and of the single women I could see, they didnt look so great, many were overweight just like you see with 90% of the AMericans on US based cruises.
HOWEVER, I struck GOLD on the 4th ship!! Ya see, unlike the other 3 ships that embark in South America, the 4th ship requires that the South Americans fly to Europe first in order to embark on their cruise. And what I see in these vidos (shown below) is a ship full of plenty of single women from mid 20's on up to early 40's , most of which are NOT OVERWEIGHT! YOu can tell that they are of the higher soci economic strata too . So, although these higher class women are not looking to marry an American per se, I would think your chances of landing something serious are as good if not better than on any US cruise. Since there are only a handful of Americans (maybe 10 out of 1,700 passengers), as a single american, you are surely going to be the only exotic foreigner, and hence, in demand! Of course, you better speaks some spanish too though. ANother thing, it seems to me that there are far more single latina women than single men on this particular cruise ship. And lastly, these people know how to have a great time! They seem so much more full of life and rich spirit than Americans do on US cruises. SO, I plan to try it out before I go to Colombia. Maybe as soon as next month. My spanish is pretty good now, but also still broken and grammtically incorrect enough to just be really cute or funny to the ladies lol. I always find myself attracted to foreign women who have an accent and who speak imperfect english. So, Im sure it works that way with the women too. Just a guess.
Anyways, any AMerican man who goes on this ship with this crowd, as the only single American man (especially if you look good and carry yourself well) should be able to make a killing I would think??? I dont know but I plan to find out.
The only way you can get ht wt prop women of younger ages on any US cruise is if its Spring break, but even then, you get girls a large % of women that are going to be too young for you if you are in your upper mid 30's or mid 40's like me. But this cruise I show in the videos below seems to hit the spot for having sexy ladies at just the right ages. The class of these latinos is as good as it gets. CHeck it out, see what you think.
1) Dancing on the pool ddeck-this aint your mama's cruise!!! I love the latin vibe and energy! Yes baby!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_nvugrX ... nomobile=1
2)Great vibe and energy here too
3)This video is VERY INFORMATIVE! Its long and has close up overhead views of the crowd. YOu can see HUNDREDS of people in this video, and f'n "a"! THEY ARE ALL THIN What a nice change in scenery compared to what we usually see on US based cruises. ALso, notice how many women are NOT with a man?? For example, starting at time marker 00:52 if you pay attention to the details, you will see multiple groups of women who are NOT WITH MEN! If they had husbands or boyfriends, wouldn't they be most likely dancing with him instead of with a group of girl friends? What latino man will miss out on dancing with his lady at this time? Latonos love to dance and I dont think the boyfrinds or hudbands are off dancing with their buddies. lol Theer are many hroups of females huddled in groups. Most are sexy too!
4)Look at these women at the bar. So many women! ALL THIN! I mean, ALL! What is the likelyhoo you will see that on any AMerican cruise???
5)Lastly, look at the classiness and sophistication of the dining area, the people, the music! Fellers, this is the type of ladies you want to know! Hey Rock! Wouldnt ya say this tops the ladies at Latin Cupid? lol.
Lastly, females tend to be very sensitive and open to romantic flings when they are on vacation, especially cruises. Ya never know what could happen. I know many people (including my cousin) who found their spouse on a cruise ship. If you do a few of these a year, I dont see why you couldnt strike pay dirt, whether your goal is being a player or finding something serious. These ladies are with their families too so if you are looking for somthing serious, you have a chance to make a great impression on her family which can get you an immediate head start on family approval for future visits which will make her like you even more if you continue the relationship.
In most of South AMerica, there just are not many gringos to go around(exceptions may be in certain cities where gringo populations are sizeable) But overall, I bet there will be many ladies who have never dated or partied with a gringo before. With alcohol flowing, everyone having a great time, lettin loose, everyone dressing to impress, such as at the formal dinners, how can it get any better? This, my friends, is the way to hit it big with QUALITY! No rift raffs allowed on this itinerary.
The reason why this is gold
1) Where else can you be surrounded by classy foreign women without having to worry about your safety? No scammers, thieves, beggars to worry about, no watchin your back 24 x 24. Its like being in the heart of a foreign country with no worries.
2)Can get drunk without worrying about your personal safety, or getting kidnapped by some hostage taking cartel (easy to happen if passed out drunk somewhere like in COlombia). NOr will you end up getting all your valuables stolen.
3) Show me any AMerican Cruise where the videos indicate an abundance of HT/Wt prop women unhitched, mid 20's to mid 30'. Ive searched U tube for American cruises that had these type of women and never could find any. The biggest issue with US passengers is that on 90% of US cruises , the passengers are old, and fat.Few exceptions to this rule on AMerican cruises. Spring break cruises are about the only expception. I have even looked into Carnival cruise's infamous annual Halloween singles cruise (you can find the facebook page of all the 300 people booked for that cruise to date). I didnt like what I saw, I mean, the women were not just so much older and overweight, most just didnt look mentally and psychologically healthy. You also get the impression most are divorcees with kids! (nothing against that but not what I want)You can get a vibe from looking at those facebook pages of the women who are signed up.
4) Just like when you travel abroad, you get the same advantage of being the rare (or somewhat exotic) gringo. You will stand out as different and that always works to your advantage giving you the upper hand in the local dating scene.(of the ship in this case) Everyone will find you interesting and want to chat you up, especially given that back home, they probably don't really get to meet a whole lot of gringos, especially if they live in the smaller cities.
Anyways, Im tinking of doing 2 back to back cruises on this ship since it alternates between two different routes. In 2 weeks on a ship like this, how can I not score someting, most preferrably something with potential. Hell, even the dudes look like fun! The latinos know how to have a good time for sure ! ANyways, it would be a nice segway leading to my trip to colombia. If I dont make a connection, no biggy, Ill be on my way to Colombia to continue the hunt.
Last edited by steve55 on August 15th, 2013, 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!
Special Offer! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.
Find Your Foreign Sweetheart Now! Try our international Dating Sites and Overseas Romance Tours!
1) You still need to speak Spanish at a high level. Some of these women likely do speak some English for their jobs but otherwise it won't be very good because they don't use it often enough.
2) I'm not sure I understand the angle; You want to pay for a plane ticket to another country say Europe and then take a cruise back into Latin America?
Wouldn't it be more efficient to go on a cruise in many of the countries that have cruise lines?
3) What's this constant concern for being seen as a "target" for low-lifes and others? You going into a countries with 50% or more of the people living in poverty, this should be a caveat going in.
While you seem to be interested in all the potential upsides, I can see some downsides.
Steve you strike me as somebody with two left feet. If that's the case you'll be hard press to find a Latina who can't dance. Of course they think its cute the Gringo who can't dance is at least trying, but remember you get that leeway because your a Gringo from the US. If you can get beyond that, I suppose you might do okay.
Besides who's trolling college campuses??????
No need to do such a thing, just get some unpaid leave, save some money and hang out for a few months in whatever country you want to go. Between regular social gatherings (bars, discos, etc) and the internet, it shouldn't take you very long. You might even want to join some social networks (not online) like English speaking Brazilians or something, yes such a group exist.
I think this is a classic case of overthought.
While sharing some of dj4m's reservations about relative bang for the buck in terms of number of opportunities with females, I do think this is an interesting find. I've been on three cruises, two transatlantic and one Mediterranean. Absolutely dead from a female standpoint. No talent. The bars were deserted. No night life scene that had even ten percent of the number of presentable women that this venue has.
It looks like a heck of a good time, at the very least. Pricey, especially when you figure in cost of flights. But sometimes transatlantic cruises are repositioning for the season, and those are usually very reasonably priced. Wonder if this is one of those.
Hi DJ, thanks for responding and giving your insights.
No, the cruise doesn't sail back to Latin Ameirca. You fly to Italy or Greece to embark and you fly back to the US from these points too
Well, that's what I am doing. This cruise I'm talking about is a strictly Latino cruise line, primarily South Americans. As far as taking this angle with another country, well, I don't speak other languages, cant do it.
Yes, it is to be expected going into many of these countries I agree. But I hate having to watch my own back all the time, it can be somewhat stressful or emotionally draining. I get tired of dealing with so many beggars and scammers approaching me and following me etc. So, my point is, its just like being in a foreign country without all these hassles. I really hate dealing with that stuff when abroad.
Very true, I cant dance a lick of Latino but I guess I can try and learn : )
1) going to whatever country can work too, no doubt. BUT, in many places, lets face it, we gringos are not so much a novelty anymore. Places like Medellin, Bogota, and Panama City are flooded with Americans. While you are still different, and can have far more success than at home, you arn't nearly as much of value and a novelty on a cruise ship of 1,700 latinos, where you are the only gringo. Don't you think your value and novelty factor on a ship in this #'s scenario is 10 x that of what you get in many cities abroad?
2) Lets face it, its can be very difficult to meet higher class women while abroad. Very difficult indeed. They wont be at the bars right? So , where will you meet them then??? The only way Ive heard of is that you have to know someone of their same stature and class to be introduced to these higher class women. How will you do that???You could use Latin cupid I guess, but I'd guess that 80-90% of the latin cupid girls are no where near the class and caliber as these girls on these cruises.
I just think this is far more convenient to have high caliber women all in one place. Very convenient. But if a guy doesn't care about meeting higher class girls of the higher stratus, then this cruise idea goes out the window then.
I disagree, as a White man, you may not be novel anymore (in the major metro areas), but you are highly valued. Every Latina wants entry into Western World.
That means for any beautiful but not rich Latina -
1) Class restrictions prevent them from marrying Up in their countries
2) Marrying another middle class or working class guy (who make about a 1/4 of what you make)
3) Marrying a Westerner (European, American, Canadian, largely doesn't matter)
Addressing your bullet points -
1) I don't know if your value would be higher or not, its hard to say. You would be in contact with upper middle class and rich women, they are the only ones that can afford it (besides employees on the ship). I haven't looked at current prices for Med Cruises but 15-25 Night South American Cruises start at $1200 a person.
Personally I would find somebody on the ground and use a cruise to seal the deal, sort of a pre-honeymoon.
2) I don't know where you're going or where you want a woman from. I have been collecting tons of data on Brazil and networking when possible. I know of a site that in Brazil, its only in Portuguese and is full of typical middle class Paulistas (Sao Paulo residents) and other Brazilians. You'll have to figure out where you're going and then look for information. A cruise just seems to be quite a bit of money unless you're aggressive and have Spanish down to fluency, which is possible in 4-6 months.
I care about meeting higher caliber women, I am not interested in the provincial women that seemingly every expat is interested in. You can find these women by networking in-country.
Like I said the only way I can see something like this working is if you're social skills are impeccable. You are going up cold to every woman on the ship. That said, body language says a bunch and in a hot culture like Latin America, you better be able to pick up on these...
This is risky, my father (I've told this story a few times) met a guy on his flight from Las Vegas. He automatically thought, he would make a great wingman. Turns out he was a party-pooper and a cockblocker.
Again my biggest problem with White men and why I think they whine too much is too many of them depend on what's in their wallet to attract women. It takes social skills and if your devoid of these, well that's why you whip out your wallet isn't?
I highly recommend finding a trustworthy, fairly attractive female friend and tell her you want to do some clothes shopping.
Stay away from nightclubs/discos! Its unavoidable on a ship however, so what are you going to? Park yourself at the bar? That is one of the few social environments and again we're talking about a hot culture here, not too many women WON'T know how to dance and will opt for that rather than downing drinks at some bar located away from the dancefloor action.
I know cruises are fond of sitting people down for dinner with others like yourself every night. This is your chance to command the table and drive the conversation. This is where hanging out with middle class women makes it much easier for you to talk about relatable topics.
As I said if women are checking you out, you better not ignore it....
If your wingmen are sinking you, get away from them. Everyone separate for a while and you guys can hang out some other time. Sometimes going out with guys, they stand around talking n shit, looking at and talking about women, but no one ever makes moves. The one guy that separates to make a move is gawked at from a distance, adding creepy guy factor. Tell them ahead of time, no staring down the women like that during a pursuit. Better yet, you guys may want to work alone from the start to see what the place is like first.
Just found this other latino cruise line, Dammmmm! 90% of the girls are thin and hot!!
These ships are from a cruise line called MSC that is starting to cater to the Brazilian market. See MSC here http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/homepage.aspx. But this MSC site only caters to Americans so you won't see the Brazilian based sailings of their ships advertised. The Brazilian cruises get advertised here instead http://www.carnavio.com.br/ , but they are all MSC ships.However, you can read here to see that many passengers and staff on the Brazilian cruises do speak English. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1854937
Why would any American dude go party on a AMerican Cruise when he can have this as shown in the videos??? AMerican Cruise 80% of options will be overweight and these Brazilian cruises only 10% will be overweight.
To me, it's an expensive waste of time reeking of desperation. Jesus Christ, if it's that difficult to find a decent woman, take a bus to S. America and find someone you hit it off with. Like Renata said, "The lengths & expense you guys go to just for us." Makes me sick.
Also, I've been on a week long cruise to Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, and Puerto Vallarta. Everyone is shitfaced. People are on holiday. It is a good place to have fun and get laid but not to find the love of your life. It's like going on Spring Break. You might find someone you're hot for but what happens on the cruise, stays on the cruise.
Agreed, this is where the focus on lack of real social skills is being masked by the desire to go somewhere you have a captive audience, IE they can't run away (theoretically).
I'll say it again and I haven't found anything to the contrary. You are a White Man, if you have problems meeting women outside of America, then you have deeper issues you need to deal with.
As said this is a hot culture, so emotions and things like dancing are important parts of the culture. You are classic American, not cold like many Northern European cultures, but individualism and fully functional infrastructure make your society quite a bit colder than much of Latin and Central America.
So being able to connect with women beyond topics about politics and money is supremely important. As I said if you're good at everything else, Latin women will ignore the fact that grindo has two left feet, as long as you allow her and her friends to go out dancing on a occasion which will be rare because there really isn't a thing called "Girls Night Out" in Latin culture, if it is, its to go meet MEN.
Steve as I said earlier you're overthinking this. You're just trying to avoid doing what you know you have to do. For those wondering what "THAT" is; Its spending a significant amount of time in whatever country he wants find a woman in. You figure by trapping them on a 10-20 day cruise that you can sidestep the obvious.
There really isn't a way to avoid it. The alternative has been and will continue to be hiring a service to help you. As much as we all lament AFA, they do go into Colombia, Peru, Costa Rica and now Dominican Republic. There isn't a TON of difference between these cultures. The White skinned people are generally middle class and have all the money/power, while the morena/light brown skinned do the blue collar stuff and occasionally hit the big time and finally openly discriminate against the indigenous population and those of afro-descent.
Your real problem is - You're a workaholic, something has to give....
LMAO!!! That's Hilarious!
That is some seriously deep wisdom you just dropped right there. Before and after my divorce I worked around 65 hours per week on average and made excuses about checking out FW via dating websites. After dealing with enough garbage AW and single moms, and spoiled rotten rich Chinese girls in the US, I realized that I needed to do my own work and cut out all the extra office work. I threw out the on call phone, stopped letting my friends set up dates for me, and I started dating online for FW. People at the office thought I was crazy and offered to let me meet Colombian women, other Asians in nightclubs or other hangouts, but I told them all nope, no thanks. My mom even offered to finally help me find a wife in Louisiana. I decided from now on, I was going to do my own work to find a good wife and work less at the office, then go on a vacation for the first time in over 3 years!
I know there are a bunch of unmotivated dudes on HA that do not do much work, but I know for a fact we have at least a few guys here that are almost workaholics or full blown ones too. Eventually they have to face the reality that a nice wife is not just going to show up at their door one day. You have to change the direction of your labor into other areas of their lives.
Not only that, I had to realize that the company's business truly is not MY BUSINESS. Can I get an amen up in here?