Why Aren't More Guys Here Focused on Getting Rich?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

celery2010 wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:
celery2010 wrote:Heck if Winston made 300K a year, heck even 100K a year in Asia, he'd be swimming in it. No need for him to struggle.
Of course, he WOULD need to spend some of it, on some nice suits and watches, a nice apartment/house and a luxury car. Take the girl out to nice restaurants. Even if he didn't find love, he'd get dates.

In countries like Thailand, the Philippines, Brazil, the Ukraine, etc, women marry guys for money. Trying to find good looking studs is more of a western thing. So why not focus on making more money?

As for the other responses, this is America, land of the entrepreneur. There should be more people on this forum talking about how to make more money and networking.
Stated differently, if Winston was in the top 1% of U.S. income earners, heck even top 5% of U.S. income earners, in Asia, he'd be swimming in it ... :roll:

(for the doubters)
http://www.irs.gov/uac/SOI-Tax-Stats-In ... Percentile

If i'm not mistaken, Winston has told us his income is just $1800 a month with this site. Maybe he has other sources of income, i have no idea, but given that he has been living with relatives and not on his own for the last several years, i would guess not.

If he instead focused on getting his income to $7K or $8K a month instead, he could have likely reached his goal, and would be "swimming in it" anywhere in China or SE Asia.
Yup, all he needs to do is literally quadruple his current income, because it's just that easy. It already seems like he's monetized this website as much as you can. It's already flooded with ads and he's selling that e-book. Maybe some adjustments can be made but nothing he can do to this website is going to increase his current income 4x.

How old are you? You talk like someone who's never actually lived in the adult world. A lot of young guys talk like you do about how easy it is to make money but years later they're still working at Subway or working some dead end office job if they're lucky, still clinging to their fantasies of riches. The only difference is they at least have some sort of half-baked idea, you're pretty much just saying "Winston should make lots and lots of money...somehow, it's easy!"

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

The Professor wrote:
celery2010 wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:
celery2010 wrote:Heck if Winston made 300K a year, heck even 100K a year in Asia, he'd be swimming in it. No need for him to struggle.
Of course, he WOULD need to spend some of it, on some nice suits and watches, a nice apartment/house and a luxury car. Take the girl out to nice restaurants. Even if he didn't find love, he'd get dates.

In countries like Thailand, the Philippines, Brazil, the Ukraine, etc, women marry guys for money. Trying to find good looking studs is more of a western thing. So why not focus on making more money?

As for the other responses, this is America, land of the entrepreneur. There should be more people on this forum talking about how to make more money and networking.
Stated differently, if Winston was in the top 1% of U.S. income earners, heck even top 5% of U.S. income earners, in Asia, he'd be swimming in it ... :roll:

(for the doubters)
http://www.irs.gov/uac/SOI-Tax-Stats-In ... Percentile

If i'm not mistaken, Winston has told us his income is just $1800 a month with this site. Maybe he has other sources of income, i have no idea, but given that he has been living with relatives and not on his own for the last several years, i would guess not.

If he instead focused on getting his income to $7K or $8K a month instead, he could have likely reached his goal, and would be "swimming in it" anywhere in China or SE Asia.
Yup, all he needs to do is literally quadruple his current income, because it's just that easy. It already seems like he's monetized this website as much as you can. It's already flooded with ads and he's selling that e-book. Maybe some adjustments can be made but nothing he can do to this website is going to increase his current income 4x.

How old are you? You talk like someone who's never actually lived in the adult world. A lot of young guys talk like you do about how easy it is to make money but years later they're still working at Subway or working some dead end office job if they're lucky, still clinging to their fantasies of riches. The only difference is they at least have some sort of half-baked idea, you're pretty much just saying "Winston should make lots and lots of money...somehow, it's easy!"
There are plenty of ways out there to make money. When I was in high school, I had an ebay business where I was making about 2-3k per month from buying stuff on Ebay and reselling it to online venders, pretending to be my father (unfortunately, Ebay has gone downhill since then).

A friend of mine is making a living from a sunglasses company that he started.

There are money-making opportunities everywhere.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Cornfed wrote:
Maverick wrote: Do you have sources to back this up? Where are you getting this information from?
Sources for what exactly? The fact that people are poorer than in the past as compared to cost of living, that things cost a lot more than they used to, that the chances of a graduate getting a job in his (or any) field are increasingly slim and that various means of taking people to the cleaners are on the increase are matters of public record you can easily look up and also common knowledge. You may as well ask for the source of the information that concrete is hard.
This will rely on the masses losing faith in the dollar.

I think you are overestimating the average person's intelligence and underestimating the extent to which they are brainwashed.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Aren't More Guys Here Focused on Getting Rich?

Post by momopi »

celery2010 wrote:We all know that getting rich, powerful or famous (or better yet, all three) works for practically all men in getting women.
Even a good six figure job is enough to get some decent prospects, regardless of country. So why do some guys here not try to focus on making money rather than focusing singularly on the women?
High paying jobs exist because numerous people choose to spend their time making excuses about why they cannot do something, or blame everyone else for their lack of success. If these people actually got off their butts and work hard to compete for the fewer higher paying jobs, the influx of people will likely cause a decline in salary, and thus the high paying jobs will become not so high paying.

However, if someone is looking for good paying gigs, I'd recommend the energy and resource extraction sector:
http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2 ... ob-growth/

Supporting industries to the above would also work. i.e. MRO, companies that make emergency survival shelters for miners, housing near energy/mining boom towns, etc. Home construction and related industries (i.e. lumber) are also up.
Last edited by momopi on August 15th, 2013, 9:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Maverick wrote:This will rely on the masses losing faith in the dollar.

I think you are overestimating the average person's intelligence and underestimating the extent to which they are brainwashed.
I know several people who have been impoverished in recent years who were previously well off. I don't know anyone who has gone the other way. The way the system is set up, even apparently secure people are in fact on a knife edge, where lots of minor things can cause them to wind up living in a cardboard box practically overnight. Eventually this will extend to everyone other than the old money elite, whether or not people lose faith in the dollar (which, incidentally, they will).
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Cornfed wrote:

I know several people who have been impoverished in recent years who were previously well off. I don't know anyone who has gone the other way. The way the system is set up, even apparently secure people are in fact on a knife edge, where lots of minor things can cause them to wind up living in a cardboard box practically overnight. Eventually this will extend to everyone other than the old money elite, whether or not people lose faith in the dollar (which, incidentally, they will).
Interesting. My experiences are the opposite. I know people that have gone from nothing (literally sleeping in their cars) to making good salaries. I recently graduated school. So, in a way, I also made this transition as well. Most people in my field have jobs that pay pretty well. I don't know anybody personally that had tons of money and went broke.

I do agree though that there really is no security these days.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

momopi wrote:High paying jobs exist because numerous people choose to spend their time making excuses about why they cannot do something, or blame everyone else for their lack of success. If these people actually got off their butts and work hard to compete for the fewer higher paying jobs, the influx of people will likely cause a decline in salary, and thus the high paying jobs will become not so high paying.
Like everything else in the economy, high paying jobs exist because the PTB choose to make it so for a while, as they prefer a gradual takedown of the economy for PR purposes. There are plenty of well educated, hardworking men working very hard in factories, at McDonalds etc. who could outcompete the incumbents in these jobs but aren't being given the chance. In short order most of these jobs will be reduced to minimum wage, just like many already have been, while social parasites like software "project managers" who can't even read code will be booted out entirely. The fact that someone employed to buy hippy tea for delinquent "programmers" working four hours a day chooses to lecture people who are often doing genuine necessary hard work on whose sweat the cushy lifestyles of the likes of you depends on "getting off their butts" would be hilarious if it weren't so sick.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Maverick wrote: Interesting. My experiences are the opposite. I know people that have gone from nothing (literally sleeping in their cars) to making good salaries. I recently graduated school. So, in a way, I also made this transition as well. Most people in my field have jobs that pay pretty well. I don't know anybody personally that had tons of money and went broke.

Well, maybe you live in an area that is on the up and up, have good family contacts and know others that do, are part of some demographic that the PTB are choosing to look after or whatever. There will always be patches where things seem good until the final collapse. Enjoy in while you can, but lets not mistake what is happening to you to what is happening to the world.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Winston has enough cash for an incredible lifestyle in Pattaya. I just hope he doesn't come here and do the usual Asian thing of flaunting his wealth by throwing money around...

Having money is useful because in Asia most women don't have any money then if you want to hang round with them you suddenly have to buy two of everything. Mind you that's true of most of the world.

Don't worry about the economy - my income has borne little relationship to the state of the economy. I started both of my online businesses in a recession.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Cornfed wrote:
Maverick wrote: Interesting. My experiences are the opposite. I know people that have gone from nothing (literally sleeping in their cars) to making good salaries. I recently graduated school. So, in a way, I also made this transition as well. Most people in my field have jobs that pay pretty well. I don't know anybody personally that had tons of money and went broke.

Well, maybe you live in an area that is on the up and up, have good family contacts and know others that do, are part of some demographic that the PTB are choosing to look after or whatever. There will always be patches where things seem good until the final collapse. Enjoy in while you can, but lets not mistake what is happening to you to what is happening to the world.
LOL no man. I have no family contacts. I only have a small nuclear family (no extended family). My parents are very isolated from people and don't have many friends. My brother got into drugs. Honestly, school did come pretty natural to me and I didn't have to work that hard to get good grades in undergrad, but I was by no means a standout. I got into a good grad school in a well-paying field that I researched beforehand based on my undergrad record. I was middle of the road in grad school, got out, and got a job. I knew nobody. All of the contacts that I have now I established myself.

I also paid my way through school (undergrad with that Ebay business that I talked about and some loans and graduate school with a scholarship).

Trust me, anybody can do what I've done. I find that most people just don't research what they're getting themselves into....and that's where their problems come from.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

Cornfed wrote:

I've seen more than a few guys who were somewhat well off that are now struggling too. Most of them are guys who lost their job 3-5 years ago and ended up having to take jobs making considerably less than their prior job. The pie is shrinking.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Maverick wrote:LOL no man. I have no family contacts. I only have a small nuclear family (no extended family). My parents are very isolated from people and don't have many friends. My brother got into drugs. Honestly, school did come pretty natural to me and I didn't have to work that hard to get good grades in undergrad, but I was by no means a standout. I got into a good grad school in a well-paying field that I researched beforehand based on my undergrad record. I was middle of the road in grad school, got out, and got a job. I knew nobody. All of the contacts that I have now I established myself.

I also paid my way through school (undergrad with that Ebay business that I talked about and some loans and graduate school with a scholarship).

Trust me, anybody can do what I've done. I find that most people just don't research what they're getting themselves into....and that's where their problems come from.
Yes, anyone can get a good job if they get the right degree at the right time and place, just like anyone can win the lottery if they pick the right numbers. It is just that in order for noobs to be hired, the industry has to be expanding. Fewer and fewer industries are expanding these days, and there is no way to know which ones will be at the time you start your degree or whatever unless you are literally psychic or have inside connections (in which case you wouldn't need a job because you could become a billionaire trading stock options). You are a case of being lucky. Most people aren't. It would be like if I won the lottery and then posted saying "Come on guys, stop complaining about money when you could just win the lottery like me - it's easy".
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Cornfed wrote:
momopi wrote:High paying jobs exist because numerous people choose to spend their time making excuses about why they cannot do something, or blame everyone else for their lack of success. If these people actually got off their butts and work hard to compete for the fewer higher paying jobs, the influx of people will likely cause a decline in salary, and thus the high paying jobs will become not so high paying.
Like everything else in the economy, high paying jobs exist because the PTB choose to make it so for a while, as they prefer a gradual takedown of the economy for PR purposes. There are plenty of well educated, hardworking men working very hard in factories, at McDonalds etc. who could outcompete the incumbents in these jobs but aren't being given the chance. In short order most of these jobs will be reduced to minimum wage, just like many already have been, while social parasites like software "project managers" who can't even read code will be booted out entirely. The fact that someone employed to buy hippy tea for delinquent "programmers" working four hours a day chooses to lecture people who are often doing genuine necessary hard work on whose sweat the cushy lifestyles of the likes of you depends on "getting off their butts" would be hilarious if it weren't so sick.
Thank you for supporting my "parasitic" job where I can sit in an air conditioned office and lecture people like you. I rather enjoy it.

...and, actually, my first degree from college was Business Info Sys. I just don't think there's a need for my FORTRAN and COBOL skillz learned on an UNIVAC.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

fschmidt wrote:Getting rich is what this forum is supposed to be about:

viewforum.php?f=41

I have been posting my investment ideas there. My last one was about silver. Note how the price of silver has gone up since then. My latest one is about a real estate company. Note how most posts there are complaining about something or other instead of judging the potential return on this investment. The bottom line is that most guys prefer complaining to working.
What a Fn joke, the whole market is completely rigged by the Jew with his fake money con.
Time to Hide!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Jeremy wrote:Because of this credentialist system we live in, your entire career trajectory is already decided by 21 tops. After that age, there's really nothing you can do. Didn't get the right certifications or make the right connections in your teens? Too bad. Go flip burgers for the next 50 years.
Well there some jobs nobody thinks about that don't need a degree and pay well. Now with that said, in conversion with the average woman in America won't go well when you tell her for example you work as a Elevator Repair man.... Again it pays well, but no social value to women in America.

The stock market is too risky and I wouldn't do it. However commodities will go up in price for various reasons as climate change because a REAL issue.