Why Aren't More Guys Here Focused on Getting Rich?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Jeremy wrote: Sounds like things worked out well for you, but most people aren't so lucky. And I use the word "luck," because that's what life boils down to. Everyone, including you, is just chasing pleasure and trying to avoid pain, not knowing what the future will bring.
I never claimed this place was devoid of people that could hustle. I was more targeting the cornfed types with my comment. If the global financial system has yet to collapse completely, the chances of it collapsing before any of us die is rather slim. People who clutch fast to this bullshit are no better than those that claim the end of the world is near, as they are really the exact same thing, with one claiming the end of society and the others claiming the end of all life will befall us. In the end, they have all looked foolish at best or insane at worst, and it is likely that those peddling this shit will end up in the same camp.

But sanity aside, just examine things with logic, that excellent skill which schools no longer attempts to hone. If you are correct, cornfed and company, and choose to opt out of success in the financial system then it collapses, you have a stash of food and some guns and are completely broke and surrounded by chaos. If you are incorrect the same outcome occurs sans chaos, you are broke and crazy with a stash of food and guns. Now imagine you held the same beliefs but also attempted to acheive financial success. When the economy collapses, you will have had more resources with which to purchase vital commodities with which you can survive and could live a great life until SHTF. If you are wrong about the financial collapse a n d new world order craziness, you still get to live an awesome life and just have a stash of useless food and guns that you can laugh aboit ever stashing.

Don't be a lazy manchild and throw a hissy fit and refuse to play a game that is stacked against you. Play that shit like a man: be the underdog, fight, and win.

You don't have a clue, the elite are building their getaways for a reason. THEY KNOW WHAT IS COMING if the mass extinction runs it's full course which it probably will and they know it will not be pretty for most of humanity. Who would want anything to do with this con job false reality paradigm created for us, only a simple minded child would acknowledge and play this game in the midst of the 6th great extinction.

Our children lose here and chasing goods and resources for a more ample lifestyle will only make things worse for future generations, only with a educated populace that can think outside the box created for our duping can we truly go forward. People like yourself make me believe if the elite has the means to hit the reset they should because with your mentality there is no future for humanity at all.

Lets just continue to play this game and completely strip the planet.

In response to some unsubstantiated idea that a mass extinction will occur, your argument completely fails to account for what happens if you are wrong. A wise man considers both the positives and negatives of their position. The negative of your position is that you are effectively a societal outcast and have few resources with which to control your life within the conventional socioeconomic system. The upsides are you don't have to work as hard and have plenty of time to criticize the life choices of others and feel enlightened. If what you believe to be coming turns out to be a pile of bullshit, you have gained nothing save for a stigma of crazy. If you are correct and there is an extinction event, you will die knowing you were right all along. Woo hoo. You get motherf***ing nothing basically. Congratulations, come get your prize.

If you acquire resources, you can diversify and even protect yourself from such an event you so strongly seem to believe will occur. You can buy your own shelter, small island, food, whatever, and not be a powerless pawn in the whole thing. And you seem to believe that I am a consumer, which is foolish. Consumption is the material of the shackles that bind you. Never buy on credit, don't buy shit you don't need, work hard, and save everything you can in a diversified portfolio of stocks, commodities, bonds, and physical goods. I don't own a house, and in fact have a roommate. Hell, my mattress doesn't even have a frame and I own so little that I could fit 90% of everything I own in a Hyundai. I have a solid bank account and savings, plus a diversified portfolio. By owning so little, and having so much cash at my disposal, I hope to retire to a modest life in Southeast Asia by my 40s. Yeah, totally wrecking the earth by living like a Spartan and desiring financial independence above all things.

What poor and financially illiterate people don't understand about money is that it doesnt exist to buy you stuff, it exists to give you options. There are only two paths to having some semblance of freedom in your life, by which you can come and go as you please and not worry about money. The first of these is to have enough money that it isn't an issue and you can do as you please. The second is to be a hobo and forsake money entirely and be a homeless vagabond. Anywhere in between these extremes, you will never truly be free. Money is the resource of the day, by which all things are possible. If you choose not to harvest it, you are a fool, just as you would be a fool to not attempt to procure whatever resource becomes the prime commodity after a global collapse, be it food or bullets.

And this all is completely separate from women. All men should strive for greatness in their lives, to be mediocre and complacent is the greatest sin of men in our day and age. Imagine your ancestors before you looking down upon your life and then meeting with you. What would you say to them? What great contribution to their lineage could you be proud to provide? If you have nothing worthwhile and nothing in the works, you are hardly a man at all.

But I digress.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Tucking your little mangina between your legs and serving some despot while sporting a simper doesn't make a man out of anyone. Would you like a coffee, master? How about a nice rim job to finish you off?

The longer I live, the more appealing the vagabond route seems. I just wasted 2 hours applying for a grocery bagging position at Safeway. It took me that long because they require applicants to enter their resumes manually, instead of just e-mailing the word documents. It's likely no one will even read my resume anyway because it doesn't happen to have the right "buzzwords." Into the abyss. Ridiculous.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Cornfed wrote:
mguy wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:Stop working for other people, start your own company and/or go into real estate.

We're in the information age now, where entrepreneurs rule.
Bullshit, this is the age of corporate communism where banksters and their corporate cronies rule.
This is also the age where standards of living have increased dramatically. The corporation thing is bullshit but at least it offers a way to make some serious cash. I hate the idea of working for someone else though.
By most measures, average standards of living in the West peaked in 1970, remained static for a decade and then slowly declined ever since. I expect them to get a lot worse. Look at what is happening in Europe
Only you can't generalize and say "Europe".

The truth is, Germany might as well be like the US in terms of having control over the money supply. However unlike America intelligenta, they won't crash the value of the Euro just to save their economy. Plus they don't have a housing bubble, we sold their pension funds and other funds toxic derivatives, which they have been trying to unload the last few years.

All the Scandinavian countries are in much better shape financially but have some social issues on the horizon because they have been too generous with political asylum seekers and others fleeing conflicts in Asia and Africa. These people are highly religious in many cases and that rubs up against the generally secular way the Government runs its services, see recent riots in Sweden despite these people's basic needs being met. As an American you would be grateful for level of housing they give you considering how bad our public housing is here in America. Of course the real issue is that rank and file Swedes are not really interested in integrating Islamic culture norms into their community.

Its Southern Europe that has all the major financial problems, mostly because they have been loaded up with debt since the EU was formed.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Jeremy wrote:Tucking your little mangina between your legs and serving some despot while sporting a simper doesn't make a man out of anyone. Would you like a coffee, master? How about a nice rim job to finish you off?

The longer I live, the more appealing the vagabond route seems. I just wasted 2 hours applying for a grocery bagging position at Safeway. It took me that long because they require applicants to enter their resumes manually, instead of just e-mailing the word documents. It's likely no one will even read my resume anyway because it doesn't happen to have the right "buzzwords." Into the abyss. Ridiculous.
Get some skills so you don't have to work at Safeway. Most states have community colleges that will literally pay you to attend after grants. Find a job that can make you some money and work to earn the credentials for said job. Use your earnings to make something where YOU are in control. My first three jobs were a McDonalds, a supermarket, and a cold storage warehouse that was entirely staffed by ex cons. I didnt let that shit get me down, I went to college and dug my ass out from under the shit that life had handed me. Soon I will be where I want to be in life, at the top of a field. And I will not accept insurance, government or otherwise, for my services, because that is just letting yourself be a slave to yet another paymaster. I will serve my patients and the insurance companies and government can go f**k themselves. Point being, if you work hard and have a useful set of skills, you make your own rules. I wouldn't be who I am today if I hadn't spent years working awful service jobs that made me decide to never serve another person as less than an equal again for as long as I lived.

I am trying to show you the way. There is hope for a better life if you have the strength of will to build the life you desire. Don't give up, for you have everything to gain in trying, as by the sound of it you have nothing to lose by failing.

There is nothing less manly than backing down from a perfectly surmountable challenge and whining like a bitch. This forum used to be for those willing to make positive changes in their lives whatever the cost, be it hard work or moving to a place where you didnt speak a word of the local language and couldn't stand the food, not for boys that were complaining about their unfortunate circumstances and not seeking to change them.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

There is a very clever website called "Voluntary Human Extinction Movement" , the site wiil educate if you look it up. The creator of the site pretty much calls reality as it truly is and the best thing to do for humanity is take his advise which I am doing for the most part.

I do not believe we should phase humanity out but we are in big trouble at the moment for sure and he lays it out with links. I am sure the elite know exactly how much trouble we are in.
Time to Hide!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Moretorque wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Look I am in business for myself, people just do not seem to realize what is going on. If you want to get by well today you need government contracts or work for the gov. I am not going to explain all the details but look at the NSA spying. That is all your ideas belong to the corp period.

Look at the changes they just made to the patent office. Private small business is being taken over and destroyed on several fronts, people really need to research what is really going on, this is a complete hit job on free and open markets by the Marxist gang.
Get your terms right, this is not Marxism, its Fascism.

Classic Marxism was not practiced in the former Soviet Union.
There all the same thing, just another name for a dictatorship as our rulers hunt for the one that works permanently on the human race.

Just read the 10 planks, that is Marxism and that is just another dictatorship.
There is a difference, Marxism the public IE the Government owns everything. In Soviet Union the Government owned everything, the public didn't own much if anything.

Fascism is the Government colluding with Business to disadvantage the public/citizenry/consumer (Lower and Lower Wages, No Unions, etc, etc)

The NSA uses Private Contractors, Private Phone Companies and Internet providers to spy on you (Keep your meta data) = Fascism
There is no difference, all these dictatorships of the last one hundred and fifty years have been created by the same power structure who controls the money system. They want you to believe there is something different about them but at the core they are really the same thing. SERFDOM TO THE STATE!
You attack them in different ways and that becomes the difference even if you want to group them all together as "dictatorships".

I actually care very little about Western dictatorships and the actual dictatorships they still support mainly in Africa.

The key is to leave before they revoke your passport....
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Tucking your little mangina between your legs and serving some despot while sporting a simper doesn't make a man out of anyone. Would you like a coffee, master? How about a nice rim job to finish you off?

Get some skills so you don't have to work at Safeway. Most states have community colleges that will literally pay you to attend after grants. Find a job that can make you some money and work to earn the credentials for said job. Use your earnings to make something where YOU are in control. My first three jobs were a McDonalds, a supermarket, and a cold storage warehouse that was entirely staffed by ex cons. I didnt let that shit get me down, I went to college and dug my a** out from under the shit that life had handed me. Soon I will be where I want to be in life, at the top of a field. And I will not accept insurance, government or otherwise, for my services, because that is just letting yourself be a slave to yet another paymaster. I will serve my patients and the insurance companies and government can go f**k themselves. Point being, if you work hard and have a useful set of skills, you make your own rules. I wouldn't be who I am today if I hadn't spent years working awful service jobs that made me decide to never serve another person as less than an equal again for as long as I lived.

I am trying to show you the way. There is hope for a better life if you have the strength of will to build the life you desire. Don't give up, for you have everything to gain in trying, as by the sound of it you have nothing to lose by failing.

There is nothing less manly than backing down from a perfectly surmountable challenge and whining like a bitch. This forum used to be for those willing to make positive changes in their lives whatever the cost, be it hard work or moving to a place where you didnt speak a word of the local language and couldn't stand the food, not for boys that were complaining about their unfortunate circumstances and not seeking to change them.

The skills you will learn in college are designed these days for serfdom to the state and the debt burden they carry makes this point.
Last edited by Moretorque on August 18th, 2013, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

djfourmoney wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: Get your terms right, this is not Marxism, its Fascism.

Classic Marxism was not practiced in the former Soviet Union.
There all the same thing, just another name for a dictatorship as our rulers hunt for the one that works permanently on the human race.

Just read the 10 planks, that is Marxism and that is just another dictatorship.
There is a difference, Marxism the public IE the Government owns everything. In Soviet Union the Government owned everything, the public didn't own much if anything.

Fascism is the Government colluding with Business to disadvantage the public/citizenry/consumer (Lower and Lower Wages, No Unions, etc, etc)

The NSA uses Private Contractors, Private Phone Companies and Internet providers to spy on you (Keep your meta data) = Fascism
There is no difference, all these dictatorships of the last one hundred and fifty years have been created by the same power structure who controls the money system. They want you to believe there is something different about them but at the core they are really the same thing. SERFDOM TO THE STATE!
You attack them in different ways and that becomes the difference even if you want to group them all together as "dictatorships".

I actually care very little about Western dictatorships and the actual dictatorships they still support mainly in Africa.

The key is to leave before they revoke your passport....
They all use the same system of fakery money and that is what makes them the same at the core. Allow me to iissue the currency and I care not who makes the laws.
Time to Hide!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Rich wrote:I'm not going to be "rich" by what many people would think of as rich but I am really focussed on having "enough" money. I don't think I have what it takes to be rich but I can get enough money for my needs.

I'm up to year 14 ie if I left my job tomorrow I'd have enough money to last for 14 years (1500 USD per month inflation adjusted - inflation rate of 3%, rate of return of 6% after tax). I'm a way off from getting to my goal of 25 years but really keen to make it.
The official rate of inflation already makes your plan flawed; The Unofficial inflation number is around 9%.

It also stands to go up, though I don't believe we'll ever experience the hyperinflation alarmist like to talk about.

IMHO and I don't claim to be an expert but it seems to me you need to project what inflation is going to be 10-15-20 years out and adjust whichever one is easier -

Lifestyle or Income source

However the truth is worst than that, since 1970 on some items vital to being considered "Middle Class" have gone up 200-300%!

Cornfed is right, the economy has been basically stagnant since the 1970's, Dean Baker has been saying this for a very long time actually.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

djfourmoney wrote:
Rich wrote:I'm not going to be "rich" by what many people would think of as rich but I am really focussed on having "enough" money. I don't think I have what it takes to be rich but I can get enough money for my needs.

I'm up to year 14 ie if I left my job tomorrow I'd have enough money to last for 14 years (1500 USD per month inflation adjusted - inflation rate of 3%, rate of return of 6% after tax). I'm a way off from getting to my goal of 25 years but really keen to make it.
The official rate of inflation already makes your plan flawed; The Unofficial inflation number is around 9%.

It also stands to go up, though I don't believe we'll ever experience the hyperinflation alarmist like to talk about.

IMHO and I don't claim to be an expert but it seems to me you need to project what inflation is going to be 10-15-20 years out and adjust whichever one is easier -

Lifestyle or Income source

However the truth is worst than that, since 1970 on some items vital to being considered "Middle Class" have gone up 200-300%!

Cornfed is right, the economy has been basically stagnant since the 1970's, Dean Baker has been saying this for a very long time actually.
There is a counter to this, however. What you can own at the same income level would be mind blowing to a person in the 70s. While they might have hardly been able to afford a color TV, we have flat screens for a fraction of our yearly income that are larger than the largest of TVs at that time. We can afford cell phones, computers, cars, a washer and dryer, a refrigerator, international flights, you name it, many of which were only possessed by the wealthy in years past. In 1980, you had to be an iBanker to have a cell phone- today most African have one. Many of us are relatively upset that there are those who have so much more than us, leading us to forget how great the things we own actually are. Income inequality is a bitch like that.

The essentials of life have become more expensive, yes, but many of the amenities that make modern life what it is have decreased in relative price ten to a hundredfold compared to the 70s.

And if you want to strike a blow to those that run this country, make as much money as you can as fast as you can, then retire overseas and spend it elsewhere. Pulling money out of their system is the only way to make them feel some pain- you cant funnel all the money to the top if it never enters the funnel to begin with. But it will take a lot of people relocating and renouncing their citizenship to make any real difference.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I understand what MD is saying. Its more about the complaining that he's tired of and I am too.

I need to make the investment in my blogs and that free time that would otherwise would wasted enriching somebody else means my choices of income streams without any previous investments makes it hard, very hard.

My goal is to be rich to a point, why not? Not so I can spend at that level but to give security to myself and to my future children.

There is no impending collapse coming and I feel sorry for those duped by certain web sites and Alex Jones. Sure there are concerned with pollution and the food industry, but I'll give you guys an example of the foolishness corporations engage in to make you do stupid things to enrich them.

Nestle is the biggest provider of bottled water. Stoking fears with muni water supply has made them and Coke massively profitable. The joke's on you however, there is no difference in what's bottled compared to having a filter on your faucet. Its no where near as BAD as the water systems in many developing countries.

The biggest issue is the plastic used to make the bottle to put the water in is equal to 22 Million gallons of gas....

You may not buy bottled water, but its convincing everybody in America (and Europe) that the muni water supply is indeed safe despite the Birch Society harping about fluoride in the water.

Indeed saving money is just as important as making it. Spending it wisely when you're pounded with adverts on TV, Radio, internet and even on the so-called free apps you download on your smartphone.

I believe I will make it and make it big. What's important is to have a sense of urgency as well, most here don't have that.
ContraMundumRants
Freshman Poster

Post by ContraMundumRants »

I am glad HouseMD entered this thread because we all need to hear this.

I see a lot of defeatism in this forum,which seems to be a commonality with the PUA
and red pill communities and their obsession with "collapse".

Yes, things are going badly right now, but we have the option of pulling out of the female-centered
West and move to the male-centered East. My plan is somewhat along what HouseMD said: pull
myself and my resources out of the Anglo-Western feminist bloc and give my expertise and
resources to those countries where men are treated fairly. To me, this is the best revenge
we can have against the Feminists and their supporters.

As for that whole thing about voluntary extinction, that is what the crazies involved in Deep Ecology
and the environmental movement want you to believe. They want us to go back to the Stone Age,
give up our technological advancements, stop having babies, and even kill large sectors of the
population in order to save Mother Earth (Gaia). You guys can follow along, but I am not participating,
thank you very much.

Finally, have any of you read the Scandinavian sagas or know anything about Scandinavian mythology?
The Scandinavians thought they were doomed to lose the battle against evil, but they still resolved
to fight like madmen.

A quote from a site on mythology:

"Bravery in the face of a harsh fate is one of the main themes of Norse mythology. Even the gods were
ruled by an unalterable fate that doomed everything to eventual destruction. A hero who strove to accept
his destiny with reckless courage, honor, and generosity might win lasting fame, regarded as the only true
life after death."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote: Every time someone claims it is impossible to make it on your own in this world, most particularly in America, pisses me off to a great degree. I have worked my way from a homeless teenage runaway with no social skills and an unattractive face and body to a medical student and former healthcare worker that is in good physical shape and has many close friends. Your life is what you make of it, and your successes and failures are yours to own. Some things make it harder- being a homeless outcast without a high school diploma three thousand miles from home, for instance- but it is still ultimately your failure to overcome those challenges that leads to your downfall, not the obstacles themselves.

Perhaps there is some vast conspiracy out there that is going to crush the world beneath its might one day, but I would rather at least try to live a life worth living until that comes to pass, for simply saying "the odds are stacked, f**k it, I quit" is a weak and pathetic course of action that demonstrates a complete lack of conviction and faith in one's own ability to accomplish things.
You think that being a medical student is "making it on your own in the world" and showing faith in "your own ability to accomplish things"? Lol, that's attempting to join the cartel and be looked after like a baby your whole life, and you may have left bit late to do that. As to the rest of your spiel, it is pretty clear that you have no real knowledge of the situation and are just another fantasist believing what you want to be true. As a former homeless teen, it is natural that you want to think of DaddyGov as some benevolent entity that will take you under his wing and hand you approval, resources and social status. Enjoy your delusions while they last.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
HouseMD wrote: Every time someone claims it is impossible to make it on your own in this world, most particularly in America, pisses me off to a great degree. I have worked my way from a homeless teenage runaway with no social skills and an unattractive face and body to a medical student and former healthcare worker that is in good physical shape and has many close friends. Your life is what you make of it, and your successes and failures are yours to own. Some things make it harder- being a homeless outcast without a high school diploma three thousand miles from home, for instance- but it is still ultimately your failure to overcome those challenges that leads to your downfall, not the obstacles themselves.

Perhaps there is some vast conspiracy out there that is going to crush the world beneath its might one day, but I would rather at least try to live a life worth living until that comes to pass, for simply saying "the odds are stacked, f**k it, I quit" is a weak and pathetic course of action that demonstrates a complete lack of conviction and faith in one's own ability to accomplish things.
You think that being a medical student is "making it on your own in the world" and showing faith in "your own ability to accomplish things"? Lol, that's attempting to join the cartel and be looked after like a baby your whole life, and you may have left bit late to do that. As to the rest of your spiel, it is pretty clear that you have no real knowledge of the situation and are just another fantasist believing what you want to be true. As a former homeless teen, it is natural that you want to think of DaddyGov as some benevolent entity that will take you under his wing and hand you approval, resources and social status. Enjoy your delusions while they last.
Here's the thing about the various loony bin conspiracy theorist guys like yourself. You never propose any actual solutions. How does one not "cooperate" with the cartel? Do you propose that people try and drop off the grid and live on their homestead plantations? How does one achieve this lifestyle of not being under anyone's control.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Repatriate wrote: Here's the thing about the various loony bin conspiracy theorist guys like yourself. You never propose any actual solutions. How does one not "cooperate" with the cartel? Do you propose that people try and drop off the grid and live on their homestead plantations? How does one achieve this lifestyle of not being under anyone's control.
That is a topic for several threads.