Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Facebook makes you unhappy - study

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Facebook makes you unhappy - study

Postby zboy1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:06 am

http://rt.com/news/facebook-makes-unhappy-study-528/

Image


The more time you spend on Facebook, the unhappier you become. That’s the not-so-astounding finding of the first study measuring the social network’s impact on users’ psychological well-being.

And (surprise, surprise) the survey finds that interacting with people “directlyâ€￾ – you know, face-to-face, or over the phone – actually makes you happier.



[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z8rskdgv5Y[/youtube]
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Cornfed » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:15 am

I recently read a theory that social media was actually designed to be anti-social in that it absorbs people so they stop actually meeting anyone else and making friends, since any human connections are now intolerable to the PTB. That is why it is called MYspace rather than OURspace and why there are so many I-products. That is the effect it this media seems to be having.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby ContraMundumRants » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:17 am

I used to have a Facebook account until one day I decided to deactivate it.

That week, I was very productive and my mind felt cleansed and light, as if a huge
amount of garbage had been removed from my psyche.

As Cornfed has said, social networking is all about narcissism, me me me! Post
pictures about yourself and other people give you "likes" and comments, as if you
were a Hollywood celebrity. Our society is narcissistic enough, so we don't need more of it.

This is specially true of women who post pictures of themselves and immediately you
have a squadron of beta orbiters/manginas telling her how beautiful and gorgeous
she is, which only blows up her ego to unlimited proportions. No wonder women are
becoming more spoiled/selfish/bitchy.
ContraMundumRants
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Postby Ghost » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:09 pm

This is probably why fakebook is blocked here in China. Last thing I've thought about since being here.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Rayn » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Facebook is a tool for lonely companionship-deprived males to endlessly fawn over the collection of photos of the girls in their social circle they want to bang but couldn't.
Rayn
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:37 pm
Location: Malaysia

Postby kai1275 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Rayn wrote:Facebook is a tool for lonely companionship-deprived males to endlessly fawn over the collection of photos of the girls in their social circle they want to bang but couldn't.


Well said.

I had a few hot but slutty women send me private messages not too long ago within my circles. It was right before my wedding too. I told them hell no, because American women think they are slick and shit and that could have been a trap or a set up.

FB gets alot of people in trouble all the time. I have a few male friends that have to close theirs once or twice a year over some drama....
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby kai1275 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:26 pm

My wife has to tell me about something on my FB page because I never really check it anymore, and she usually checks hers once a week. I struggled to put wedding photos on it as my friends requests like a month later. I don't know if it is just a stage I'm going through, but I feel almost no interest in using it anymore.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby Repatriate » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Facebook is a bad idea because:

1) It leaves a pretty large internet footprint for future employers, stalkers, weirdos, and the government. A lot of people have actually been denied jobs over facebook shit. Some criminally prosecuted over various aspects of their lifestyle.

2) 75% of the people you connect with on facebook are facebook friends and people you will never hang out with again.

3) The girls who hook up via facebook are also getting railed by dozens of other guys on social media too.

4) It's a waste of time.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Will N. Dowd » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:38 pm

I agree it can be a huge waste of time, but if used properly it is useful for certain things. I can also be very invasive to your privacy, but again, that can be easily solved.

I use it primarily to track potential girls in the Philippines. Once I've messaged them on DIA, I'll suggest being FB friends, and they almost always say yes. It works well for that because it gives you all the info you need about them. You can see all their pics and info and helps decide if you want to meet them. Also lets you see their friends, to see if some of them are worth messaging. I don't know how else I would keep track of them, since their are so many. FB is very useful for girl tracking, especially since almost girl there has it, and they post tons of pics you can check out to decide if they are worth meeting. DIA pics only show faces, and even on YM cam or Skype you can't usually see bodies. On FB profiles you can usually see full body shots and see if they are hot or not and worth meeting.

I recently ditched the first FB account I had and created a new super private one:

It's a first name only account. Hard to do but can be done. Since people always search by full names, they probably won't find me on it.
Google or external search engine results are turned off so you can't find me unless you search in FB, and even then see above.
Even my user name only has my first name, plus a tagline before it no one would know.
I only have my profile picture, no others.
You can't post on my wall.
You can't tag me in photos, I have to approve them first, and always decline them.
You can't see my friends list, only mutual ones.
I don't have any info about schools, jobs, where I live, phone numbers, addresses or even family or relationships.
The email address I use for it has it's server in an obscure country.
If I post something on my wall, I will delete it once it is a few days old and stale.
I won't reply to posts, or comment.
I have another anonymous FB page with the same privacy but a fake name and picture and only use that to reply to posts or make comments.

If used properly FB can be very good for certain things, especially girl tracking!
User avatar
Will N. Dowd
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:09 am
Location: Never Land

Postby kai1275 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:08 pm

Will N. Dowd wrote:I agree it can be a huge waste of time, but if used properly it is useful for certain things. I can also be very invasive to your privacy, but again, that can be easily solved.

I use it primarily to track potential girls in the Philippines. Once I've messaged them on DIA, I'll suggest being FB friends, and they almost always say yes. It works well for that because it gives you all the info you need about them. You can see all their pics and info and helps decide if you want to meet them. Also lets you see their friends, to see if some of them are worth messaging. I don't know how else I would keep track of them, since their are so many. FB is very useful for girl tracking, especially since almost girl there has it, and they post tons of pics you can check out to decide if they are worth meeting. DIA pics only show faces, and even on YM cam or Skype you can't usually see bodies. On FB profiles you can usually see full body shots and see if they are hot or not and worth meeting.

I recently ditched the first FB account I had and created a new super private one:

It's a first name only account. Hard to do but can be done. Since people always search by full names, they probably won't find me on it.
Google or external search engine results are turned off so you can't find me unless you search in FB, and even then see above.
Even my user name only has my first name, plus a tagline before it no one would know.
I only have my profile picture, no others.
You can't post on my wall.
You can't tag me in photos, I have to approve them first, and always decline them.
You can't see my friends list, only mutual ones.
I don't have any info about schools, jobs, where I live, phone numbers, addresses or even family or relationships.
The email address I use for it has it's server in an obscure country.
If I post something on my wall, I will delete it once it is a few days old and stale.
I won't reply to posts, or comment.
I have another anonymous FB page with the same privacy but a fake name and picture and only use that to reply to posts or make comments.

If used properly FB can be very good for certain things, especially girl tracking!


Like a true player.... 8) Old school style... I ran mine the same way more or less at the beginning for a long time. Women think you are a weirdo if you don't have one, so making a throwdown dummy one, always worked well and allowed me to take a look at theirs and gather intel on them very quickly and quietly.

Facebook is for the hoes, it should never be for the bros..... :wink:
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby Jester » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:13 am

Cornfed wrote:I recently read a theory that social media was actually designed to be anti-social in that it absorbs people so they stop actually meeting anyone else and making friends, since any human connections are now intolerable to the PTB. That is why it is called MYspace rather than OURspace and why there are so many [b]I-products.[/b] That is the effect it this media seems to be having.


+1


I always wondered why they gave things such creepy names. Like "My Documents", "My Music", "I-Pod", etc.

Always made me think that Gates was a suppressed child molester. "My Little Weiner" etc.

But no. Clearly you're right. The names are clearly a psy-op - a minor one, perhaps, but wide in effect. Costs them nothing to please the PTB.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests