Growing up as a Feminist

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Growing up as a Feminist

Post by Maverick »

An interesting perspective from the daughter of a world-renowned feminist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... uthor.html

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Viewing The Color Purple was a turning point in my awareness of misandry. My mother and other black women were raving about the movie, but when I saw it, it sickened me that all the black men were depicted as evil, callous, or at best buffoonish.

I knew then as a teenager, that something was gravely amiss. In retrospect, that film did me a favor by opening my eyes to the notions of feminism and female supremacy, especially the black variants.

I've always known Alice Walker was a demonic, female supremacist witch. Her daughter removes all doubt that this is true.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Viewing The Color Purple was a turning point in my awareness of misandry. My mother and other black women were raving about the movie, but when I saw it, it sickened me that all the black men were depicted as evil, callous, or at best buffoonish.

I knew then as a teenager, that something was gravely amiss. In retrospect, that film did me a favor by opening my eyes to the notions of feminism and female supremacy, especially the black variants.

I've always known Alice Walker was a demonic, female supremacist witch. Her daughter removes all doubt that this is true.
I had the same reaction with Amy Tan's movie: "The Joy Luck Club." All the Asian men are caricatured as buffoons and wife-abusers, but most of the Asian women are portrayed as 'heroes.' It made me sick to my stomach...

I hate self-hating minorities but I especially hate self-hating minority females the most--for them bashing their own race and making it popular in White society e.g. The Color Purple and The Joy Luck Club.