Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


This Forum's Getting Out Of Control

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2661
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Location: London

Post by xiongmao » August 21st, 2013, 3:31 am

The forum is losing its way. Or maybe it never did have a way.

The latest topics page is dominated by off-topic rubbish. Meanwhile my Pattaya trip report gets 3 replies.

Winston needs to man up like Roosh and keep this place on topic.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4563
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » August 21st, 2013, 3:39 am

xiongmao wrote:The forum is losing its way. Or maybe it never did have a way.

The latest topics page is dominated by off-topic rubbish. Meanwhile my Pattaya trip report gets 3 replies.

Winston needs to man up like Roosh and keep this place on topic.
I agree, but Winston won't let me delete threads anymore because of "freedom of speech."

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5898
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Post by Cornfed » August 21st, 2013, 3:50 am

xiongmao wrote:The forum is losing its way. Or maybe it never did have a way.

The latest topics page is dominated by off-topic rubbish. Meanwhile my Pattaya trip report gets 3 replies.

Winston needs to man up like Roosh and keep this place on topic.
Maybe your trip to Pattaya wasn't that interesting or didn't merit many replies. If there is a lack of actual practical information here then the absence of people posting that is the problem, not the presence of people talking about other stuff.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Post by Ghost » August 21st, 2013, 4:00 am

This forum has become something of a melding of being/going/talking about happier abroad, the global financial ponzi scheme, feminism talk/MGTOW/MRA, and race war. It's fascinating to say the least, but it does make sense to me. These things all relate - the idea is looking for a better place in the world because despite the many differences of posters on here, each perspective is about how rotten the west is.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4563
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » August 21st, 2013, 4:19 am

Ghost wrote:This forum has become something of a melding of being/going/talking about happier abroad, the global financial ponzi scheme, feminism talk/MGTOW/MRA, and race war. It's fascinating to say the least, but it does make sense to me. These things all relate - the idea is looking for a better place in the world because despite the many differences of posters on here, each perspective is about how rotten the west is.
I like it too, Ghost! But some posters here only want us to concentrate on one topic only--traveling abroad--but that get's boring after a while.

I like to talk about a whole range of issues, not just one thing like RooshV does. And it's not like people here won't ever travel overseas, since most of will at some point anyway. Take you and me for example, Ghost. I'll be in China in September to join you in that country. We both used to be accused of 'complaining and not taking action' by other posters, but we both ended up overseas eventually.

Also, look at Taco for example! He made it to the Philippines but still gets criticized by some people on this forum for engaging in conspiracy-related topics and news stories, but why not? Just because he's "happier abroad," doesn't mean he shouldn't talk about those subjects.

S_Parc
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2425
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Post by S_Parc » August 21st, 2013, 4:23 am

xiongmao wrote:The latest topics page is dominated by off-topic rubbish. Meanwhile my Pattaya trip report gets 3 replies.
The problem is that many guys are happy on Pattaya beach :wink:

For the travelers on this board, that's almost like saying that Death Valley is dry and hot or that Seattle is rainy and miserable.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.

jboy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 351
Joined: December 27th, 2012, 10:20 am

Post by jboy » August 21st, 2013, 6:36 am

Hero wrote:What are you talking about? This forum's been out of control for YEARS!

LOL

jboy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 351
Joined: December 27th, 2012, 10:20 am

Post by jboy » August 21st, 2013, 6:38 am

Renata wrote:I'm not a bitch. Maybe you guys came out of one?, but I am not that' and would never call myself that'.
You go girl!

And is it just me or your avatar of that lions are kinda sexy? Methinks that's animal appeal baby.

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1471
Joined: September 23rd, 2012, 12:07 am

Post by Johnny1975 » August 21st, 2013, 10:21 am

Renata wrote:Johnny did someone just shit you out ??

I've been here longer than you have wtf lol ... you go back in your dad's basement.
Ok, I'll go back to my dad's basement. But you're still a tw at.

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1471
Joined: September 23rd, 2012, 12:07 am

Post by Johnny1975 » August 21st, 2013, 10:23 am

jboy wrote:
Renata wrote:I'm not a bitch. Maybe you guys came out of one?, but I am not that' and would never call myself that'.
You go girl!

And is it just me or your avatar of that lions are kinda sexy? Methinks that's animal appeal baby.
I like her avatar too.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4563
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » August 21st, 2013, 10:35 am

Johnny1975 wrote:
Renata wrote:Johnny did someone just shit you out ??

I've been here longer than you have wtf lol ... you go back in your dad's basement.
Ok, I'll go back to my dad's basement. But you're still a tw at.
Johnny, stop with the attacks on Renata. She's a good member, who's been here a lot longer than you have, so chill...

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1471
Joined: September 23rd, 2012, 12:07 am

Post by Johnny1975 » August 21st, 2013, 8:41 pm

zboy1 wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
Renata wrote:Johnny did someone just shit you out ??

I've been here longer than you have wtf lol ... you go back in your dad's basement.
Ok, I'll go back to my dad's basement. But you're still a tw at.
Johnny, stop with the attacks on Renata. She's a good member, who's been here a lot longer than you have, so chill...
So what if she's been here longer. Why do people always that argument, as though it counts for anything? And anyway why are you defending her? Judging by the lack of moderation on this forum she's just as welcome to bash me as I am to bash her, so why don't you just let her choose how she wants to respond instead of stepping in? Just let it be. Besides, how do you know that it's not all just banter? We're having a laugh (well, I am), and no one's getting hurt. It's no big deal.

pete98146
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1130
Joined: June 22nd, 2009, 4:31 pm

Post by pete98146 » August 21st, 2013, 8:45 pm

xiongmao wrote:The forum is losing its way. Or maybe it never did have a way.

The latest topics page is dominated by off-topic rubbish. Meanwhile my Pattaya trip report gets 3 replies.

Winston needs to man up like Roosh and keep this place on topic.
Are you still in Pattaya?

Locked
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”