Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


How do we compare to foreign men?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How do we compare to foreign men?

Postby ContraMundumRants » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Most of us here believe that foreign women are much better than Western women.

But lately I have been asking myself "what do I bring to the table?", "how am I better
than foreign men?"

If foreign women are more feminine, doesn't it follow that foreign men are more
masculine than us?

A lot of you have talked about the effeminization of the Western male, so I find myself asking:

Why would foreign women consider us? Wouldn't they find us to be complete pussies compared
to their men?

An idea thrown around here is that Western culture (specially in the Anglosphere) is toxic and deforms
one's character and social relations.

If the character of Western women has been ruined by our culture, haven't we been ruined too in some ways?
Aren't we also part of the same toxic social environment from which Western women have sprung?

I know some of you will talk about "Western men have more money" or whatever, but I am more
concerned about character traits rather than just material wealth.

This is not an attack on Western males by the way; it's more of an exercise in self-improvement to
figure out what makes us attractive to the opposite sex, and how we can develop those attractive
traits and remove the unattractive ones.

If we say that foreign women are feminine, sweet, caring, family-oriented, what good things could
they say about us?
ContraMundumRants
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:55 pm







Postby Mr.Darcy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:21 pm

There are good looking foreign men and there are ugly foreign men. All I know is that I am way more intimidating than most foreign men.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: How do we compare to foreign men?

Postby Jester » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:55 pm

ContraMundumRants wrote:Most of us here believe that foreign women are much better than Western women.

But lately I have been asking myself "what do I bring to the table?", "how am I better
than foreign men?"

If foreign women are more feminine, doesn't it follow that foreign men are more
masculine than us?

A lot of you have talked about the effeminization of the Western male, so I find myself asking:

Why would foreign women consider us? Wouldn't they find us to be complete pussies compared
to their men?

An idea thrown around here is that Western culture (specially in the Anglosphere) is toxic and deforms
one's character and social relations.

If the character of Western women has been ruined by our culture, haven't we been ruined too in some ways?
Aren't we also part of the same toxic social environment from which Western women have sprung?

I know some of you will talk about "Western men have more money" or whatever, but I am more
concerned about character traits rather than just material wealth.

This is not an attack on Western males by the way; it's more of an exercise in self-improvement to
figure out what makes us attractive to the opposite sex, and how we can develop those attractive
traits and remove the unattractive ones.

If we say that foreign women are feminine, sweet, caring, family-oriented, what good things could
they say about us?


Latin business types I have met have been opportunistic hustlers, quite street smart. More so than a suburban AM like me. Gets them money, which attracts some women.

Armenians from the FSU are rough-mannered, conscious of how to use power, fearless, ruthless, and never take no for an answer. Gets them money, which attracts some women.

These are the only 2 character sets I have noticed that I would want more of myself.

(Some Latins and Euros dress better than AM do, but who cares? )
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Renata » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Foreign men are more masculine in that they will unite, fight & stand together for a cause especially if rubbed the wrong way.

Look at the history of some cultures; Romans, Arabs, Mongols, Turks, Brazilians, Venezuelans ... men are fighting to stabalise Egypt right now, but unfortuantely it's two big groups going head to head.

How many years now you guys getting mauled in divorce courts? I've never seen a riot or a march or a protest. The only time I've seen american & brits unite is when their favorite football team is loosing or insulted ... Then it's ON ! :lol:
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby pete98146 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:21 pm

This is a fantastic question. I'll give you my two cents based upon my experiences and I apologize in advance if I offend any non-Americans but here goes:

Positives:

1. Foreign women tend to be polarized regarding American men...seems either they love us or hate us without a lot of middle ground. Kinda goes without saying that it's smarter to chase women in countries that love American men. Plenty of countries don't.

2. In general, American men are quite a bit more attractive than American women. So from an appearance stand point American men tend to do well internationally.

3. At the expense of upsetting non Americans, we are very used to taking a shower per day, wearing deodorant and slapping on some cologne. This is not the norm for guys in certain countries. We tend to dress a bit nicer which also stands out.

4. People think that all Americans are rich. Whether it's true or not, it gives off a favorable impression.

5. Foreigners are enamored with Hollywood so there is a natural curiosity towards Americans.

Negatives:

1. As Renata stated, American men can be viewed as soft and wimpy. Unlike America, many foreign women love a macho man.

2. American men aren't known as big travelers and they don't mesh well with foreign customs.

3. American men won't be as willing to relocate to her country.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby Jester » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Renata wrote:Foreign men are more masculine in that they will unite, fight & stand together for a cause especially if rubbed the wrong way.

Look at the history of some cultures; Romans, Arabs, Mongols, Turks, Brazilians, Venezuelans ... men are fighting to stabalise Egypt right now, but unfortuantely it's two big groups going head to head.

How many years now you guys getting mauled in divorce courts? I've never seen a riot or a march or a protest. The only time I've seen american & brits unite is when their favorite football team is loosing or insulted ... Then it's ON ! :lol:


:shock:

:cry:

:evil:

+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby pete98146 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Jester wrote:
Renata wrote:Foreign men are more masculine in that they will unite, fight & stand together for a cause especially if rubbed the wrong way.

Look at the history of some cultures; Romans, Arabs, Mongols, Turks, Brazilians, Venezuelans ... men are fighting to stabalise Egypt right now, but unfortuantely it's two big groups going head to head.

How many years now you guys getting mauled in divorce courts? I've never seen a riot or a march or a protest. The only time I've seen american & brits unite is when their favorite football team is loosing or insulted ... Then it's ON ! :lol:


:shock:

:cry:

:evil:

+1


It's true. In most foreign countries it's the men that keep their women in check. In America it's the women that keep their men in check. Big difference.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby Repatriate » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:58 pm

pete98146 wrote:Negatives:

1. As Renata stated, American men can be viewed as soft and wimpy. Unlike America, many foreign women love a macho man.

2. American men aren't known as big travelers and they don't mesh well with foreign customs.

3. American men won't be as willing to relocate to her country.


4. American men are also kind of racist and most don't believe in filial piety. Not a good fit for a lot of foreign people's extended families. If I were the in laws (especially mother and father) i'd be really wary of the future implications of this. Since it's not likely their American son in law would take care of them or care for them at all.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Teal Lantern » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:42 am

Renata wrote:Foreign men are more masculine in that they will unite, fight & stand together for a cause especially if rubbed the wrong way.

Look at the history of some cultures; Romans, Arabs, Mongols, Turks, Brazilians, Venezuelans ... men are fighting to stabalise Egypt right now, but unfortuantely it's two big groups going head to head.

How many years now you guys getting mauled in divorce courts? I've never seen a riot or a march or a protest. The only time I've seen american & brits unite is when their favorite football team is loosing or insulted ... Then it's ON ! :lol:


Your "more masculine" cultures didn't win WWII, land on the moon, build the web, and spend the last half of the 20th century keeping the rest of the planet's savages from totally exterminating each other (or doing much of anything else, in recent history). It was the Americans.

"Fighting" for a cause is always a hoot, provided you're not one of those at risk of injury or death.

The protest will not be televised.
The men are "marching" off to get foreign wives or no wife at all.
Articles questioning plummeting birth and marriage rates are popping up.
Surveys show women today are more miserable than any other generation, meanwhile the men are happier.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:58 am

Renata wrote:Foreign men are more masculine in that they will unite, fight & stand together for a cause especially if rubbed the wrong way.

Look at the history of some cultures; Romans, Arabs, Mongols, Turks, Brazilians, Venezuelans ... men are fighting to stabalise Egypt right now, but unfortuantely it's two big groups going head to head.

How many years now you guys getting mauled in divorce courts? I've never seen a riot or a march or a protest. The only time I've seen american & brits unite is when their favorite football team is loosing or insulted ... Then it's ON ! :lol:


This has to be the most riveting post I have, not only, seen from you, but also from any female poster on this forum ever. You had spoken with facts, logic, and succinctness as if you were a man. Renata, are you sure your "esposo" or your "media naranja" didn't write this post for you????? Jajajaa lol
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby drealm » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:21 am

I have limited experience, but in Mexico I think American men are seen as more independent self starters. Mexican women baby their sons so they grow up to be lazy when it comes to doing anything responsible.

I've chatted with a few Chinese women and I was told an average to good looking Chinese woman can choose between a rich husband that sleeps around or a poor factory work. If a Chinese woman is willing to overlook ethnicity and language, a foreigner may not have these downsides.
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Postby Renata » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:26 am

Teal Lantern americans didn't build everything & the moon landing may well be a hoax. As well when the european migrants rolled in late 1800s, the US chaged for the better. Please don't ride on their backs. They and their descendants are the ones that built america into what it is today. Before they migrated americans were very subservant and demure, skilled in trade, not technology. I'm sure if you walk into NASA or any Research center most of the operations team are foreign, Asian or American imigrants. Have you ever heard of the Bhagdad battery, look it up, Nicola Tesla, Native american medicine, Indian ancient astrology etc. The latest american re-invent is motionless exercise aka yoga lol I believe most amercans re-invent stuff & slap a label on it; Mine!

E Irizarry my esposo is busy suiting up for the formula 1 in Belgium. I lived in the UK for a few years & I did notice how serious and organised men get over football & I just don't get it.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby ContraMundumRants » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Renata wrote:E Irizarry my esposo is busy suiting up for the formula 1 in Belgium. I lived in the UK for a few years & I did notice how serious and organised men get over football & I just don't get it.


The same thing happens over here in Spain. For many men, the meaning of their lives rotates around
football (soccer for you Americans), watching a bunch of men in shorts put a ball into a net. I don't
get it.

For other Spanish men, the meaning of their lives rotates around being playboys and banging as many
beautiful girls as possible.

For others, it's bullfighting and running after bulls.

Finally, for others, it's getting drunk on the weekends doing "Botellón", doing drugs in clubs and partying
all night long to the tune of techno and trance music.

This is the problem you have when men have lost meaning and direction in their lives. There is no higher
masculine calling or purpose any more, so all we have is a bunch of guys trying to feel "macho" by
watching other men play sports, having casual sex, or mercilessly killing innocent animals like bulls.
ContraMundumRants
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Postby Renata » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:36 pm

ContraMundumRants that's another thing that has become appealing & sexy; Violence. Spanish women flock to matadors in dromes. Some friends of mine were with a matador in Spain & they thought there was a beauty queen convention or modeling competition at the hotel. The lobby was flooded with girls waiting for this matador to come dowstairs lol.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby Repatriate » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Teal Lantern wrote:[color=darkblue]Your "more masculine" cultures didn't win WWII, land on the moon, build the web, and spend the last half of the 20th century keeping the rest of the planet's savages from totally exterminating each other (or doing much of anything else, in recent history). It was the Americans.

WTF? You realize the Russians fought the largest pitched battles with Nazi Germany in WW2 which made U.S. involvement look like small potatoes right? Read about the decimation of the Sixth Army and Stalingrad. Also Russia technically beat the U.S. in the space race. Launching the satellite was a much more profound achievement and has relevance with today's technology. Landing on the moon was gilding the lily. Plus Both Russia and the U.S. are responsible for some of the world's worst proxy wars in the last 20th century. During the cold war tensions in the developing world were at all time highs with hundreds of simultaneous micro conflicts going on.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests