Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Latin America.
4
57%
Europe.
3
43%
 
Total votes : 7

Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Postby Repatriate » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:36 am

I always enjoyed choose your own adventure books as a kid. I'm having a hard time making the decision between Latin America and Europe. I have set aside the funds and time to travel for a full year this upcoming year. I can actually go beyond that if I want to. I am still going to stop by Thailand and probably the Philippines (for the first time) for a bit before jetting off to either Latin America or Europe.

So i've decided to make a poll and let you make my choice for me. I'll post up detailed trip reports of where I go and put up as many photos as I can. I'll be posting here while traveling so if you want me to check something out in particular in the country i'm in i'll do that too. This won't be happening for a few more months but I promise it will happen for sure unless something big pops up in my life which prevents me from doing this.

In Europe I plan on visiting:

London (for a couple days max just to see the London Museum) with maybe a side detour to Scotland if I can justify the expense.
France (Paris for a couple days for the Louvre and the rest of the time in smaller towns South of France)
Netherlands (couple days max)
Germany (Hamburg and maybe Dresden for a limited time frame)
Poland (Worclaw, Warsaw, and Krakow with maybe a few interesting smaller cities being higher priority)
Belarus
Bosnia
Hungary (Budapest)
Lithuania
Ukraine (big maybe)


In Latin America:

Mexico (doesn't really count I know) Focus on Guadalajara, Monterrey.
Colombia
Brazil
Argentina
Ecuador
Chile
Peru

There is no set time limit for this trip. I plan on weighting my time in less expensive countries/cities as well as those with friendlier people and better atmosphere. If I feel that a city or country is complete dog shit I will move on asap. This is not solely a woman hunting mission or some kind of p4p trip. I'm scouting out countries for their overall livability with women being a big factor but not the sole factor. I want to know how asian-american men are really treated in some of these countries and i'll explain in detail my experiences.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm







Postby zboy1 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:46 am

I would say Latin America because the women there seem much more receptive to Asian men than European women...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Ghost » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:36 am

If I were choosing between the two, I would choose Latin America. One easy to learn language gets you major access. It is close to the U.S. It's laid back and easy-going,which suits me well.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Hero » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:06 pm

I also vote for Latin America, for the reasons already mentioned. There may have been a time when Eastern European women were a great catch, but I think those days are over. The cultural changes that began after the cold war ended have turned a lot of them into a bunch of lazy gold diggers.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Postby HouseMD » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Read your post entirely wrong, I retract my statements. For yourself, South America. My prior statement was more in reference to first timers to global travel, and is retained below for reference by any lurkers pondering the Europe vs SA question themselves..

Personally I think it depends on what your travel goals are and whether you speak Spanish or not, as well as how old and mature you are. Europe is a great first destination if you are young or inexperienced when it comes to travel. A great number of people speak English, which greatly lessons the culture shock as you move country-to-country. If you move west to east, things gradually grow more foreign, allowing you to slowly wade your way into the travel mentality. If you are older and have a decent stash of cash, many of the discomforts, shocks, and oddities of travel can be avoided by staying at a resort, so you can effectively make it a non-issue if you so choose. In doing so, be aware that you are missing out on a lot of great opportunities, however.

On the reverse side of things, if you are young and broke, hostels present a great opportunity for travel on the cheap and near-instant crews with which to explore that will hail from all over the globe, plus they provide a great way to de-Americanize yourself if you are from the USA. Nothing like sleeping in a room with 7 total strangers every night for a couple months to make you appreciate simple living! If you go this route, keep extra money for hotels in case you hook up. Finally, Europe presents an opportunity to get to know the "travel you" in a fairly safe space. Getting drunk and lost for the first time in Krakow is far safer than doing the same in Sao Paolo.

The other major factor is if you are looking to explore and have fun, find a wife, or just get laid. If you are looking for a wife, I'd say learn some Spanish and go to South America. To get laid, I would say the answer depends on age. If you're young and taller than 5'7", and have zero Spanish skills, hit up Europe. The party hostel scene in particular is a great way to score p***y from all over the world. If you are shorter or older, or know a decent amount of Spanish, I would say South America presents better opportunities.

Finally, for a first time explorer that is looking at getting laid as a secondary priority, Europe. Cut your teeth someplace easy, and work your way up. You develop skills as you travel to progressively less developed and sketchy places that become quite valuable to your travel experience.


Good luck!
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Postby Rock » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Repatriate wrote:I always enjoyed choose your own adventure books as a kid. I'm having a hard time making the decision between Latin America and Europe. I have set aside the funds and time to travel for a full year this upcoming year. I can actually go beyond that if I want to. I am still going to stop by Thailand and probably the Philippines (for the first time) for a bit before jetting off to either Latin America or Europe.

So i've decided to make a poll and let you make my choice for me. I'll post up detailed trip reports of where I go and put up as many photos as I can. I'll be posting here while traveling so if you want me to check something out in particular in the country i'm in i'll do that too. This won't be happening for a few more months but I promise it will happen for sure unless something big pops up in my life which prevents me from doing this.

In Europe I plan on visiting:

London (for a couple days max just to see the London Museum) with maybe a side detour to Scotland if I can justify the expense.
France (Paris for a couple days for the Louvre and the rest of the time in smaller towns South of France)
Netherlands (couple days max)
Germany (Hamburg and maybe Dresden for a limited time frame)
Poland (Worclaw, Warsaw, and Krakow with maybe a few interesting smaller cities being higher priority)
Belarus
Bosnia
Hungary (Budapest)
Lithuania
Ukraine (big maybe)


In Latin America:

Mexico (doesn't really count I know) Focus on Guadalajara, Monterrey.
Colombia
Brazil
Argentina
Ecuador
Chile
Peru

There is no set time limit for this trip. I plan on weighting my time in less expensive countries/cities as well as those with friendlier people and better atmosphere. If I feel that a city or country is complete dog shit I will move on asap. This is not solely a woman hunting mission or some kind of p4p trip. I'm scouting out countries for their overall livability with women being a big factor but not the sole factor. I want to know how asian-american men are really treated in some of these countries and i'll explain in detail my experiences.


Latin America is the easy start point - closer, cheaper, and linguistically unified. Better weather too. If u need to make side trips home (USA) for any reason, it's very easy from northern countries. If girls are an important factor, I would suggest dropping or minimizing Argentina and Chile. Why not add DR? It's very close, friendly, and open.

Don't worry about being Asian. Just worry about looking attractive - well dressed and appearing cool by local standards. Old school looking Asians are not considered attractive at all in places like Colombia or DR, just mysterious beings from a strange world. But their children often integrate and fit in fine. It's not about being Asian so much as just looking good! And their concept of looking good is a lot broader than that in USA. Many more types can fit into this classification there. Don't be surprised if some tell you that you are handsome.

Start from north and work south. You may be able to get decent priced flights from local airlines such as Avianca in Colombia to go to other countries, maybe one-ways maybe round trips. Colombia or DR is a good starting point (after Mexico) cus if its location). Don't travel overland in Colombia except perhaps between Cartagena and Barranquilla. I still think u need to fly it from city to city to be safe. I don't really like Bogota but other big cities are worth going to tho Meddelin may have been spoiled over the years by over exposure to gringos and a good economy.

For me, the big 4 are DR, Colombia, Brazil, and Peru (tho I've never been to the last). Guadalajara was kinda a disappointment, girls more conservative and not as eager lol. By my taste, certain parts of Brazil will have the hottest specimens but maybe for you, Colombia might be the better. I've heard Peru women are generally unattractive (and short too) but maybe most into gringos (white ones anyway). Don't know how true that is anymore. Seems like it's always the ugliest women who are into white guys lol.

In all the big 4, I think you will get attention if you dress well, look good, and learn decent working Spanish. Brazil will be the toughest cus language is really different tho similar and people there have the most confidence both in terms of being a powerful economy/big country and having hot people (yes they are well aware of their global rep for being beautiful).

So perhaps your golden country might end-up being Colombia (just a casual prediction). DR may be too dark for you overall and Peru not attractive enough. Colombia is also great given its proximity. I just hope it hasn't been completely ruined by dumb ass gringos. If Medellin sucks, spend time in Cali, Cartegena, Baranquilla, and maybe a couple safe cities right behind them in size.

IMO, your rightly omitted Venezuela and Central American countries.

Just go out there and be aggressive in learning Spanish and meeting people. And of course take all the precautions you are aware of by now regarding dangerous countries.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Postby Repatriate » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Rock wrote:Latin America is the easy start point - closer, cheaper, and linguistically unified. Better weather too. If u need to make side trips home (USA) for any reason, it's very easy from northern countries. If girls are an important factor, I would suggest dropping or minimizing Argentina and Chile. Why not add DR? It's very close, friendly, and open.

I never considered DR. I'm not sure why maybe it's because i've never been all that impressed by the pics of girls there. They seem a bit too thick and rough for me although I admit my opinion is based on a sample size from pics. I don't have a dark skin prejudice so i'll include the D.R. too.

Start from north and work south. You may be able to get decent priced flights from local airlines such as Avianca in Colombia to go to other countries, maybe one-ways maybe round trips. Colombia or DR is a good starting point (after Mexico) cus if its location). Don't travel overland in Colombia except perhaps between Cartagena and Barranquilla. I still think u need to fly it from city to city to be safe. I don't really like Bogota but other big cities are worth going to tho Meddelin may have been spoiled over the years by over exposure to gringos and a good economy.

What didn't you like about Bogota? Some men in general have said that Bogota is kind of underrated because there are more urban sophisticates and asian men in general have a bit more cosmopolitan cachet there. Don't know if that's true or not but it's not the first time I have heard that Bogota is better for some guys.
For me, the big 4 are DR, Colombia, Brazil, and Peru (tho I've never been to the last). Guadalajara was kinda a disappointment, girls more conservative and not as eager lol. By my taste, certain parts of Brazil will have the hottest specimens but maybe for you, Colombia might be the better. I've heard Peru women are generally unattractive (and short too) but maybe most into gringos (white ones anyway). Don't know how true that is anymore. Seems like it's always the ugliest women who are into white guys lol.

Peru is definitely on my travel list if not for the women then for the historical attractions. I'll still do some tours of the temples and maybe eat some fried guinea pig before moving on if it sucks. :lol:

I just hope it hasn't been completely ruined by dumb a** gringos. If Medellin sucks, spend time in Cali, Cartegena, Baranquilla, and maybe a couple safe cities right behind them in size.

Hitting up the road less traveled is the plan. Medellin seems ruined but i'll drop by just to confirm it. I wonder if it's going to be a cockfest of white expats and their gfs/brides. In my head i'm already predicting it to be Udon Thani 2.0 Latin American edition.


Thanks for the advice Rock, much appreciated as always.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Postby marklambo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Repatriate wrote:In Europe I plan on visiting:

London (for a couple days max just to see the London Museum) with maybe a side detour to Scotland if I can justify the expense.
France (Paris for a couple days for the Louvre and the rest of the time in smaller towns South of France)
Netherlands (couple days max)
Germany (Hamburg and maybe Dresden for a limited time frame)
Poland (Worclaw, Warsaw, and Krakow with maybe a few interesting smaller cities being higher priority)
Belarus
Bosnia
Hungary (Budapest)
Lithuania
Ukraine (big maybe)



That's a nice Euro trip right there. What about Russia and Italy?
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Postby Repatriate » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:42 pm

marklambo wrote:
Repatriate wrote:In Europe I plan on visiting:

London (for a couple days max just to see the London Museum) with maybe a side detour to Scotland if I can justify the expense.
France (Paris for a couple days for the Louvre and the rest of the time in smaller towns South of France)
Netherlands (couple days max)
Germany (Hamburg and maybe Dresden for a limited time frame)
Poland (Worclaw, Warsaw, and Krakow with maybe a few interesting smaller cities being higher priority)
Belarus
Bosnia
Hungary (Budapest)
Lithuania
Ukraine (big maybe)



That's a nice Euro trip right there. What about Russia and Italy?

Russia does not appeal to me much at this time since they have a skinhead infestation there.

I forgot to mention Italy but i'd be there solely for history reasons. Rome and Pompei in particular. I don't consider Italy to be a country that's liveable for asian-american men but I could be proven wrong.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:Latin America is the easy start point - closer, cheaper, and linguistically unified. Better weather too. If u need to make side trips home (USA) for any reason, it's very easy from northern countries. If girls are an important factor, I would suggest dropping or minimizing Argentina and Chile. Why not add DR? It's very close, friendly, and open.

I never considered DR. I'm not sure why maybe it's because i've never been all that impressed by the pics of girls there. They seem a bit too thick and rough for me although I admit my opinion is based on a sample size from pics. I don't have a dark skin prejudice so i'll include the D.R. too.

Start from north and work south. You may be able to get decent priced flights from local airlines such as Avianca in Colombia to go to other countries, maybe one-ways maybe round trips. Colombia or DR is a good starting point (after Mexico) cus if its location). Don't travel overland in Colombia except perhaps between Cartagena and Barranquilla. I still think u need to fly it from city to city to be safe. I don't really like Bogota but other big cities are worth going to tho Meddelin may have been spoiled over the years by over exposure to gringos and a good economy.

What didn't you like about Bogota? Some men in general have said that Bogota is kind of underrated because there are more urban sophisticates and asian men in general have a bit more cosmopolitan cachet there. Don't know if that's true or not but it's not the first time I have heard that Bogota is better for some guys.
For me, the big 4 are DR, Colombia, Brazil, and Peru (tho I've never been to the last). Guadalajara was kinda a disappointment, girls more conservative and not as eager lol. By my taste, certain parts of Brazil will have the hottest specimens but maybe for you, Colombia might be the better. I've heard Peru women are generally unattractive (and short too) but maybe most into gringos (white ones anyway). Don't know how true that is anymore. Seems like it's always the ugliest women who are into white guys lol.

Peru is definitely on my travel list if not for the women then for the historical attractions. I'll still do some tours of the temples and maybe eat some fried guinea pig before moving on if it sucks. :lol:

I just hope it hasn't been completely ruined by dumb a** gringos. If Medellin sucks, spend time in Cali, Cartegena, Baranquilla, and maybe a couple safe cities right behind them in size.

Hitting up the road less traveled is the plan. Medellin seems ruined but i'll drop by just to confirm it. I wonder if it's going to be a cockfest of white expats and their gfs/brides. In my head i'm already predicting it to be Udon Thani 2.0 Latin American edition.


Thanks for the advice Rock, much appreciated as always.


That's more Afro-diaspora p.ussy for me, sir. But Repatriate you need to get your backstroke game up; get a Dominicana, sir. :-) lol
F.uck one raw and bellow out "Happier Abroad" in the interim of it.

If you can build up stamina with any woman of the African diaspora, you can d.ick down any woman and retain your stamina; all jokes aside.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby rudder » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Don't go to Europe. Period.
rudder
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Postby Rock » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:07 am

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:Latin America is the easy start point - closer, cheaper, and linguistically unified. Better weather too. If u need to make side trips home (USA) for any reason, it's very easy from northern countries. If girls are an important factor, I would suggest dropping or minimizing Argentina and Chile. Why not add DR? It's very close, friendly, and open.

I never considered DR. I'm not sure why maybe it's because i've never been all that impressed by the pics of girls there. They seem a bit too thick and rough for me although I admit my opinion is based on a sample size from pics. I don't have a dark skin prejudice so i'll include the D.R. too.

Start from north and work south. You may be able to get decent priced flights from local airlines such as Avianca in Colombia to go to other countries, maybe one-ways maybe round trips. Colombia or DR is a good starting point (after Mexico) cus if its location). Don't travel overland in Colombia except perhaps between Cartagena and Barranquilla. I still think u need to fly it from city to city to be safe. I don't really like Bogota but other big cities are worth going to tho Meddelin may have been spoiled over the years by over exposure to gringos and a good economy.

What didn't you like about Bogota? Some men in general have said that Bogota is kind of underrated because there are more urban sophisticates and asian men in general have a bit more cosmopolitan cachet there. Don't know if that's true or not but it's not the first time I have heard that Bogota is better for some guys.
For me, the big 4 are DR, Colombia, Brazil, and Peru (tho I've never been to the last). Guadalajara was kinda a disappointment, girls more conservative and not as eager lol. By my taste, certain parts of Brazil will have the hottest specimens but maybe for you, Colombia might be the better. I've heard Peru women are generally unattractive (and short too) but maybe most into gringos (white ones anyway). Don't know how true that is anymore. Seems like it's always the ugliest women who are into white guys lol.

Peru is definitely on my travel list if not for the women then for the historical attractions. I'll still do some tours of the temples and maybe eat some fried guinea pig before moving on if it sucks. :lol:

I just hope it hasn't been completely ruined by dumb a** gringos. If Medellin sucks, spend time in Cali, Cartegena, Baranquilla, and maybe a couple safe cities right behind them in size.

Hitting up the road less traveled is the plan. Medellin seems ruined but i'll drop by just to confirm it. I wonder if it's going to be a cockfest of white expats and their gfs/brides. In my head i'm already predicting it to be Udon Thani 2.0 Latin American edition.


Thanks for the advice Rock, much appreciated as always.


1. I forgot to mention, I know absolutely nothing about Ecuador.

2. DR has some refined hot women too. Hit-up Santo Domingo and Santiago. Santo Domingo even has a Chinatown but be careful in the immediate surrounding (Duarte) area.

3. Reasons I didn't like Bogota

a. Too cold, perpetually hi 50s to lo 60s and it feels weird cus sun might shine on you and make u feel hot but then a u get hit by a cool or even cold gust of wind. I don't like mountain climates.

b. People were relatively busy and cold, especially compared to Cali. Since girls tend to have jobs, its harder to arrange dates, lol.

c. I found that Colombian friendliness and openess less common there. I didn't feel as special being a gringo there.

However, I met one of the hottest Colombians there. She was just 18 and I cold approached her near the place I was staying. She was a solid 8 in my book, maybe even 9. She was friendly and spoke really good English. But she didn't fall into my lap, just kinda gave me a chance to know her. Since she lived nearby, she took me to her home and I met her mom. But her mom scared me cus she was a psychologist/psychiatrist and kinda shit tested me. They were a solid middle class family and her mom spoke excellent English too. But I was used to that Cali style hospitality and her mom kinda intimidated me. I was scheduled to leave the next day for other cities and a few days later, the daughter and mom invited me to go out with them to their ranch but I decided not to return to Bogota and I was actually scared of about going out in the countryside too. Hmm, I should have done it.

d. In general, I suspect Bogotanas are pickiest about superficial stuff including age notwithstanding my encounter with the young girl. I also think they are least impressed by your gringo status. Again, you are looking at this with the focus of being an Asian male and I really can't answer what its like with that specific perspective in mind.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Postby Repatriate » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Rock wrote:1. I forgot to mention, I know absolutely nothing about Ecuador.

It seems like Ecuador, the "-guays", suriname, and a few other smaller Latin American countries don't get any respect. I'm kind of curious as to why. I may run through there if it seems worthwhile.
2. DR has some refined hot women too. Hit-up Santo Domingo and Santiago. Santo Domingo even has a Chinatown but be careful in the immediate surrounding (Duarte) area.

A lot of guys rave about the DR so i'm willing to give it a try. I've never run into any dominicans in LA so I don't have a very accurate view of what they are like.
a. Too cold, perpetually hi 50s to lo 60s and it feels weird cus sun might shine on you and make u feel hot but then a u get hit by a cool or even cold gust of wind. I don't like mountain climates.

That actually sounds perfect for me. I like weather in the 50-60's.
b. People were relatively busy and cold, especially compared to Cali. Since girls tend to have jobs, its harder to arrange dates, lol.

True..but maybe it's also places like that where you can find more middle class women of substance. I don't want a girl who spends her time laying around waiting for eligible men to come by and throw money at her.

I was scheduled to leave the next day for other cities and a few days later, the daughter and mom invited me to go out with them to their ranch but I decided not to return to Bogota and I was actually scared of about going out in the countryside too. Hmm, I should have done it.

What's the worst that could have happened? :lol: Were you thinking of that scene in Scarface with the chainsaw and hotel room?

d. In general, I suspect Bogotanas are pickiest about superficial stuff including age notwithstanding my encounter with the young girl. I also think they are least impressed by your gringo status. Again, you are looking at this with the focus of being an Asian male and I really can't answer what its like with that specific perspective in mind.

Yes, I suspect that there is still a fairly big difference in being an obvious gringo and being of someone of asian extract in that region. Gringos are a fairly common sight but non fobby asians probably less so and i'm hoping to find a particularly prosperous niche. :lol: Whether it works out that way or not is another story. I'll find out soon enough though.

I've had pretty good luck with latinas overall though. Quite a few dates and flirty attraction when I was in high school and college but these were Mexican-Americans.

I go into most situations with few expectations though.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Should I go to Europe or Latin America first?

Postby gsjackson » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Repatriate wrote:It seems like Ecuador, the "-guays", suriname, and a few other smaller Latin American countries don't get any respect. I'm kind of curious as to why. I may run through there if it seems worthwhile.
That actually sounds perfect for me. I like weather in the 50-60's.


You will find quite a bit of information about Ecuador and Uruguay in the retire abroad community, Ecuador more than any other country, as Cuenca has been International Living magazine's number one retirement destination for about four years running. Ecuador has a very agreeable climate in the mountain part, Uruguay all over.

I spent a couple weeks in Ecuador two years ago. Beautiful mountain country, but overall I wasn't impressed. The women were mostly short, brown/indigenous and not attractive by most any standards. Some exceptions, of course. Very hard to get by in English there. Much easier from that standpoint in Europe, as House says, and far better looking women. Personally, Latin America is just a bit too seedy and dangerous (kidnapping), so my trips will continue to be to Europe.

Fschmidt has a very interesting write-up on several Latin American countries from a few years ago, which can be dug up on this site. If memory serves, he sized up Uruguay as the best place to look for a wife.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Postby gsjackson » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:36 pm

As for Paraguay, I believe Jester has weighed in saying it might be the best LA country for cheap living and ease of acquiring a useful second passport.

A cautionary tale: I believe Steve Nash's ex-wife, whom he has called a materialistic, spendthrift social-climber, is from Paraguay. He seems like a very level-headed, intelligent guy, with, presumably, literally millions of female options, so she must have been pretty good to fool him.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests