Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Can't get ANY job

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Renata » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:16 pm

New Zeland offers work visas to americans, it's pretty easy to get ... Everyone's shifting places these days, the greeks in spain the spanish in portugal, the germans everywhere, the indians in the UK, ...

time to move 8)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster

Postby Cornfed » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:07 pm

This is a perfectly normal situation for talented young men these days. Don't sweat it and don't be looking to find faults with yourself to justify being shat on by the system. I suggest using the time to do useful things not related to being a whorporate lackey, such as joining a gym and bulking up.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Can't get ANY job

Postby momopi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Jeremy wrote:I'm educated and able bodied, yet no one will hire me. Not even McDonald's. Despite applying to countless job postings over the past couple months, the furthest I've gotten is the second round of interviews for a barista position. Unfortunately, they hired one of the other eight candidates. It's crazy how getting a minimum wage job nowadays is like being on X-Factor.
If it weren't for my parents, I'd be licking lichen off a cave wall right now.

Are you willing to move out of Vancouver to work in remote areas?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Moretorque » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Cornfed wrote:This is a perfectly normal situation for talented young men these days. Don't sweat it and don't be looking to find faults with yourself to justify being shat on by the system. I suggest using the time to do useful things not related to being a whorporate lackey, such as joining a gym and bulking up.

I don't know about that, if this thing collapse's and we end up in Zombie Land they wont mess with eating his skinny a$$. You could find more meat on a cat or a rat.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jeremy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Cornfed wrote:This is a perfectly normal situation for talented young men these days. Don't sweat it and don't be looking to find faults with yourself to justify being shat on by the system. I suggest using the time to do useful things not related to being a whorporate lackey, such as joining a gym and bulking up.

I definitely need to add some lean mass. I'm tired of having to eat like a little girl to maintain my jaw line. It's just hard to focus on self-improvement when you're dealing with the pressure of unemployment.
Last edited by Jeremy on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Postby Jeremy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:36 pm

momopi wrote:
Jeremy wrote:I'm educated and able bodied, yet no one will hire me. Not even McDonald's. Despite applying to countless job postings over the past couple months, the furthest I've gotten is the second round of interviews for a barista position. Unfortunately, they hired one of the other eight candidates. It's crazy how getting a minimum wage job nowadays is like being on X-Factor.

You need money to move, so no.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Postby getmyazzouttahere » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:54 pm

I recommend self-employment about as highly as humanly possible.

-no more unjust treatment at the hands of corposcum or abusive duhmerican customers

-no running yourself into an early grave in order to make some billionaire even wealthier

-no abusive boss up your azz at every waking moment

-no begging for adequate rest, mealtimes, commutes, or even bathroom breaks, etc.

-your privacy is yours- no degrading drug testing involving someone staring at you in private as you urinate; no "background checks" involving them phoning random people who live near you, and even personal friends, etc.; nobody trying to hunt down your last addresses of residence, or trying to get into your Facebook account...I could go on forever with this one

-flexible way to work around health conditions, family situations or whatever else

I can't recommend it enough. Worth the tax headaches a hundred infinities of times over. Think about it!
getmyazzouttahere
Freshman Poster

Postby momopi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Jeremy wrote:
momopi wrote:

The question was "are you willing".

For example, if you had couple year's experience working at McD's, you may qualify to work as a second cook at remote camp where room and board are provided, and travel expenses might be negotiable with the employer or agency. However you should also be aware that accommodation could mean hot bunking with others, with few showers avail.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jeremy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:54 pm

momopi wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
momopi wrote:

For example, if you had couple year's experience working at McD's, you may qualify to work as a second cook at remote camp where room and board are provided, and travel expenses might be negotiable with the employer or agency. However you should also be aware that accommodation could mean hot bunking with others, with few showers avail.

Yeah, I'm willing. Anything to get out of my parents' house.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Postby marklambo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:13 am

Instead of trying to apply for jobs that have ads. Try doing manual searches for companies and contact them directly about a job. If you contact a company that did not post any ads, you have a much higher chance of success. If you're applying for positions from companies that have ads all over the place, it obviously makes it harder. Try it, you may be surprised at the results. I've done that many times in the past and it has worked wonders for me.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:52 am

Moretorque wrote:

I don't know about that, if this thing collapse's and we end up in Zombie Land they wont mess with eating his skinny a$$. You could find more meat on a cat or a rat.

Okay I'm going to start calling you an alarmist. We know we're at a crisis point, there is not going to be a zombie apocalypse. Put down the Jeff Rense Radio, nice and slow, then back way from it.

If the dollar collapses which what I assume you believe, the world didn't come to an end when we went off the gold standard, the UK didn't collapse when the Pound fell to the ground and they got bailed out by the IMF -

In 1976 the British Government led by James Callaghan faced a Sterling crisis during which the value of the pound tumbled and the government found it difficult to raise sufficient funds to maintain its spending commitments. The Prime Minister was forced to apply to the International Monetary Fund for a £2.3 billion rescue package; the largest-ever call on IMF resources up to that point.[8] In November 1976 the IMF announced its conditions for a loan, including deep cuts in public expenditure, in effect taking control of UK domestic policy.[9] The crisis was seen as a national humiliation, with Callaghan being forced to go "cap in hand" to the IMF.

So what sort of zombie outlook are you expecting????
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:56 am

Renata wrote:New Zeland offers work visas to americans, it's pretty easy to get ... Everyone's shifting places these days, the greeks in spain the spanish in portugal, the germans everywhere, the indians in the UK, ...

time to move 8)

He should consider this, but if he's making excuses about his mental condition (Augsburger), I don't think we need his type traveling around the world to tell others, I have "this" without asking for help first. If he has his condition under control, then I guess its okay.

He's young enough anyway he should seriously consider it, they are coming up on their summer season down there.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:59 am

Jeremy wrote:
momopi wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
momopi wrote:

Yeah, I'm willing. Anything to get out of my parents' house.

So you ignored every suggestion I made? Hmmmm

Short on cash? Donate Plasma - http://www.donatingplasma.org/donation/ ... nor-center

You can even donate in Europe as long as you can get through the screening process which is usually in the local language.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby mguy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:01 am

Jeremy,

Did I tell tell you grad in the most fcked up recession in US history? I bailed out US economy to wait it out. Might be something you'd consider. Went to admin in latin american school. Pay is shit but experience is valuable.

Gdluck
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby zboy1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:28 am

Don't think being an English teacher will exempt you from dealing with backstabbing co-workers and dirtbag supervisors and principals/owners. I've already dealt with that in my first week of teaching here in China...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions