Can't get ANY job

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

zacb wrote:

Relevant.
You should really try to find one of his more updated videos, some of his stats are off but its far worst than in 2010.

Chinese wages have increased about 200% since the crisis, average wage is around $2.50 an hour now.

46 Million Americans (2012) and that number is likely to go up, I also get EBT :)

There's lots of reasons for high unemployment and almost none of it was caused by the workers.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Cornfed wrote:
publicduende wrote: It's true, the UK too are full of unemployed people, and actually always have. Problem is, those people are usually the extremely lazy and/or problematic one. It doesn't seem to be your case. Good luck!
Lol, I guess it is easy to think there is no shortage of employment if you simply declare that millions of unemployed people don't want jobs. I suppose your explanation of the events of '08 would be that millions of people all over Britain and the world woke up one morning and, suddenly and for no apparent reason, all decided they wanted to be welfare layabouts. Same with 1929 no doubt. And people who are starving? Why, obviously they are just too lazy to put food into their mouths. Naturally if these people stopped being so lazy, an unlimited amount of jobs and food for them would immediately magically be puffed into existence. The financial system is perfect, you see. All hail the Jews.
I here this Libertarian based nonsense every so often. The problem isn't the system, you're just not manipulating it correctly. Riiight....

In 2008 there were millions of people laid off because companies saw demand topple. But when some demand was restored, they didn't rehire those workers, why?

Make your current employees work harder (I saw this try to play itself out at my old job) for the same pay and bring in more automation, like at Amazon warehouses.

So while I get EBT and won't take stupid jobs, the reality is even dumb jobs like cashier are not in my area and since I don't have a car, using public transportation isn't possible, it's actually unreasonable.

Plenty of people in the same circumstances, that's why SSI-D applicants have skyrocketed. These are mostly people that have exhausted their unemployment benefits.

Enrollment in to all sorts of secondary education has never been higher, but that hasn't resulted in more jobs being offered. Sure there some fields that are short on workers but the majority of them are in parts of the country nobody wants to live.

Recently I saw a story about couples not divorcing but actually living in two residences as many are choosing to make it work even if one spouse is working in another state or even another part of the country.

Americans are/have adjusted to the crisis but the suffering continues, so its NOT the workers fault. The system has been changed (over time) to put you under its thumb.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Can't get ANY job

Post by momopi »

Cornfed wrote: The reason dogsbody-type jobs in remote mining towns pay above minimum wage is partly that it is horrendously expensive to live in those places, so people need the money just to get by, and partly that the mining company have to put money into the local community. There is no shortage of people who want to work in mining towns. Indeed, if you talk to any miners it is likely that many of their friends and relatives are constantly saying to them "Get us in! Get us in!"
The biggest expense in Ft Mac is housing, and this has to do with government policy because most of the land is Crown Land that are rarely made available for sale to developers. To off-set the housing expense, you rent a room instead of an apartment. This is do-able for single, able-bodied young men who can tough it out, but hard on families. There are job openings all the time because people get burned out and leave.

It's not my job to convince anyone to go apply for employment there. If any Canadian members here wish to do so, they should do it because they want to, not because they expect someone to convince them. Even if you don't get hired, the most that you'd lose is time spent reading job ads and submitting your resume.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

momopi wrote:
Cornfed wrote: The reason dogsbody-type jobs in remote mining towns pay above minimum wage is partly that it is horrendously expensive to live in those places, so people need the money just to get by, and partly that the mining company have to put money into the local community. There is no shortage of people who want to work in mining towns. Indeed, if you talk to any miners it is likely that many of their friends and relatives are constantly saying to them "Get us in! Get us in!"
The biggest expense in Ft Mac is housing, and this has to do with government policy because most of the land is Crown Land that are rarely made available for sale to developers. To off-set the housing expense, you rent a room instead of an apartment. This is do-able for single, able-bodied young men who can tough it out, but hard on families. There are job openings all the time because people get burned out and leave.

It's not my job to convince anyone to go apply for employment there. If any Canadian members here wish to do so, they should do it because they want to, not because they expect someone to convince them. Even if you don't get hired, the most that you'd lose is time spent reading job ads and submitting your resume.
True...

I gave some suggestions they were ignored, which I am not surprised. One of them is an opportunity to be self-employed, but nope.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

zboy1 wrote:Don't think being an English teacher will exempt you from dealing with backstabbing co-workers and dirtbag supervisors and principals/owners. I've already dealt with that in my first week of teaching here in China...
If China is so bad, go to South/Central America.

Complaints, complaints, complaints.

This web site is a microcosm of what is wrong in America and why nothing is being done. Nobody wants to do anything but complain/bitch/moan.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

djfourmoney wrote:
momopi wrote:

True...

I gave some suggestions they were ignored, which I am not surprised. One of them is an opportunity to be self-employed, but nope.
We don't get paid for our plasma in Canada.

Looks like I might have landed a part-time, minimum wage job anyway. It's the same job I had during my first two years of uni. *Sigh* What a life this is.
getmyazzouttahere
Freshman Poster

Post by getmyazzouttahere »

djfourmoney wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Don't think being an English teacher will exempt you from dealing with backstabbing co-workers and dirtbag supervisors and principals/owners. I've already dealt with that in my first week of teaching here in China...

This web site is a microcosm of what is wrong in America and why nothing is being done. Nobody wants to do anything but complain/bitch/moan.

There are some of us stuck in situations where it remains impossible, or negligibly close to it, to get out- at least, for many years to come. This place is better than nothing, even despite the presence of hardcore misogynists, gay-bashers, mongers, race-baiters and garden-variety untreated schizophrenics. Among the muck, there are still a few sane individuals here whose insight & helpfulness make it worth it to post.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

djfourmoney wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: Okay I'm going to start calling you an alarmist. We know we're at a crisis point, there is not going to be a zombie apocalypse. Put down the Jeff Rense Radio, nice and slow, then back way from it.

If the dollar collapses which what I assume you believe, the world didn't come to an end when we went off the gold standard, the UK didn't collapse when the Pound fell to the ground and they got bailed out by the IMF -
So what sort of zombie outlook are you expecting????
Listen Mr. Blackman in the great depression we didn't import 40% of our food or 60 % of our fuel, our food supply lines on average were not 1500 miles and a good portion of the country lived on farms or near them. The powers that be give the intelligent folks a heads up before something big happens, Have you ever wondered why they have been playing all these Zombie movies? I am just saying you never know you might find yourself eating CRACKER STEW for dinner in the near future!
You can draw some conclusions from Hunger Games, Soylent Green, Logan's Run, Robocop (current situation in Detroit), etc, etc, etc.

As I said, I live in California (currently) and it has all the food grown within 200 miles of my front door. Earth 2100 which is based on actual scientific data says the same thing, you'll want to be on the coast not for the reasons you give, but for climate change reasons one of them being draught in the middle IE a repeat of the dust bowl.

But the violence when people can't eat will be more of an issue. There won't be widespread cannibalism.

At the end of the day I WON'T BE HERE and if I have to send for my parents and sister, SO BE IT.

It whatever happens will MISS Latin America because all their economies even Brazil are still agro based, they export food.
The guy who created the weather channel has some interesting things to say about climate change, from what I understand the global warming people are having problems right now pushing their agenda. The same people who are taking over the world through the money are also taking over S America as well, you can go read about it. They have unlimited funds to gobble everything up, this is the greatest con thievery job the world has ever seen. It relies on Daa herd being so stupid it cannot see it.

Ohh and by the way earth 2100 is Zionist Hog Wash!
Zionist? Hmmmm

People in South America are already trying to expand. What does that have to do with me and where I go? Nothing, like I said the Government isn't nearly mature enough to even go the route the US and EU have done with their economies but at the same time, the countries are much more use to civil unrest unlikely the two extremes of fat and lazy Americans to Gun Toting Americans. The Gun Toting Americas are sure to die first...

Climate Change is a con? Actually its real with some real issues. Why in the world would the polar caps melting not be serious to low lying areas? Whether its nature or man made the Southeastern US is going to have an issue with flooding if that happens. You also can't deny the fact that hurricanes are getting more ferocious and a new scale is going to have to be made. I don't care what's causing it so much that people will be impacted by it who are largely unprepared for it.

I also never said what is happening is the biggest transfer of wealth in human history as the Elites want to return back to their rightful place in the society. Weather they get there or not is another story and I think civil unrest like you haven't seen in coming.

Either way, as I said I am not running from it. I am making a choice, why should I sit here and suffer with you?
I am not saying they can pull it off but South America can be gobbled up quickly today, just look what China has done in 20 or 30 years. Go research the fact our rulers have a big problem with global warming because overall the planet has been cooling the last 13 or 14 years or so.

If you have not seen the film done by Jessie Ventura on it it is a good starting point to where the global warming political agenda came from. Factually the film is accurate! They have a big problem with this because the planet is not cooperating.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
publicduende wrote: It's true, the UK too are full of unemployed people, and actually always have. Problem is, those people are usually the extremely lazy and/or problematic one. It doesn't seem to be your case. Good luck!
Lol, I guess it is easy to think there is no shortage of employment if you simply declare that millions of unemployed people don't want jobs. I suppose your explanation of the events of '08 would be that millions of people all over Britain and the world woke up one morning and, suddenly and for no apparent reason, all decided they wanted to be welfare layabouts. Same with 1929 no doubt. And people who are starving? Why, obviously they are just too lazy to put food into their mouths. Naturally if these people stopped being so lazy, an unlimited amount of jobs and food for them would immediately magically be puffed into existence. The financial system is perfect, you see. All hail the Jews.
Cornfed I get tired of your racist statements, the Jews are on a mission from God! Lloyd Blankfein said so.
Time to Hide!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Moretorque wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Moretorque wrote: Listen Mr. Blackman in the great depression we didn't import 40% of our food or 60 % of our fuel, our food supply lines on average were not 1500 miles and a good portion of the country lived on farms or near them. The powers that be give the intelligent folks a heads up before something big happens, Have you ever wondered why they have been playing all these Zombie movies? I am just saying you never know you might find yourself eating CRACKER STEW for dinner in the near future!
You can draw some conclusions from Hunger Games, Soylent Green, Logan's Run, Robocop (current situation in Detroit), etc, etc, etc.

As I said, I live in California (currently) and it has all the food grown within 200 miles of my front door. Earth 2100 which is based on actual scientific data says the same thing, you'll want to be on the coast not for the reasons you give, but for climate change reasons one of them being draught in the middle IE a repeat of the dust bowl.

But the violence when people can't eat will be more of an issue. There won't be widespread cannibalism.

At the end of the day I WON'T BE HERE and if I have to send for my parents and sister, SO BE IT.

It whatever happens will MISS Latin America because all their economies even Brazil are still agro based, they export food.
The guy who created the weather channel has some interesting things to say about climate change, from what I understand the global warming people are having problems right now pushing their agenda. The same people who are taking over the world through the money are also taking over S America as well, you can go read about it. They have unlimited funds to gobble everything up, this is the greatest con thievery job the world has ever seen. It relies on Daa herd being so stupid it cannot see it.

Ohh and by the way earth 2100 is Zionist Hog Wash!
Zionist? Hmmmm

People in South America are already trying to expand. What does that have to do with me and where I go? Nothing, like I said the Government isn't nearly mature enough to even go the route the US and EU have done with their economies but at the same time, the countries are much more use to civil unrest unlikely the two extremes of fat and lazy Americans to Gun Toting Americans. The Gun Toting Americas are sure to die first...

Climate Change is a con? Actually its real with some real issues. Why in the world would the polar caps melting not be serious to low lying areas? Whether its nature or man made the Southeastern US is going to have an issue with flooding if that happens. You also can't deny the fact that hurricanes are getting more ferocious and a new scale is going to have to be made. I don't care what's causing it so much that people will be impacted by it who are largely unprepared for it.

I also never said what is happening is the biggest transfer of wealth in human history as the Elites want to return back to their rightful place in the society. Weather they get there or not is another story and I think civil unrest like you haven't seen in coming.

Either way, as I said I am not running from it. I am making a choice, why should I sit here and suffer with you?
I am not saying they can pull it off but South America can be gobbled up quickly today, just look what China has done in 20 or 30 years. Go research the fact our rulers have a big problem with global warming because overall the planet has been cooling the last 13 or 14 years or so.

If you have not seen the film done by Jessie Ventura on it it is a good starting point to where the global warming political agenda came from. Factually the film is accurate! They have a big problem with this because the planet is not cooperating.
At the end of the day, you keep saying a version of "You can't run from it, you can try but you can't, you might as well stick it out with us"

If we take what you just said and remember most of the population down there doesn't speak English and most of the world's elite don't speak Spanish or Portuguese, if it takes 10-20-30 years, I don't care. Do the math, I'm 43.

By the time it happens, I'll have my retirement, my kids will be grown and I won't give a f**k, much like your parents and grandparents have thrown you under the bus.

Being newer economies, we'll have better rail systems and faster internet in the future than what's up in the first world, similar to what's happening in Eastern Europe which has the fastest internet speeds next to South Korea.

As I have said repeatedly, the American Dream has moved to South America. After all these idiots want YOU to do the work, so they can make money, so they'll stop at 70% totalitarianism and you're also discounting the eventually push back Americans and Europeans.

These Elites are not Aku

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Moretorque wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Cornfed I get tired of your racist statements, the Jews are on a mission from God! Lloyd Blankfein said so.
Which racist statement did he make? Any time you are critical of Jews, they call you Anti-Semite. Makes no sense but since they control the Media in America along with the Banking system, you can't call a spade and spade.

Sure the Banking sector has all sorts of other people sprinkled into it, but who control its (CEO, COO, CFO)? You got it...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

djfourmoney wrote:

Yes, Mister-Know-it-all and I'm better-than-everyone-else-on-HappierAbroad. There's a reason why nobody likes you on the forum...it's because of your condescending attitude and talking-down to people that makes people dislike you so much around here...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

zboy1 wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:

Yes, Mister-Know-it-all and I'm better-than-everyone-else-on-HappierAbroad. There's a reason why nobody likes you on the forum...it's because of your condescending attitude and talking-down to people that makes people dislike you so much around here...
I am a Know It All, people like to say that, its called a backhanded comment/passive-aggressive/whatever. I'm right and it hurts....

Did you have the false notion that going to China meant you wouldn't experience backstabbing co-workers and dirtbag supervisors?

I see that is crying in spilled milk. Why not confront these people or is that not in your nature and you fear being on the street without the ability to earn any income?

Why take the first job offered too you and if its not the only job opening, why not tech somewhere else?

What do you mean nobody likes me? That's a grand leap and you would be wrong.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Actually, I think I have improved a lot as a teacher. Sometimes the hardest part is getting through the initial difficulties, before things get better. I was admittedly, very nervous the first day of teaching...I think it's quite normal. I also posted on another ESL forum--and they encouraged me to persevere--as well as recounting to me similar stories as well, to me.

But, yeah, I wrote that post because I wanted to warn others that not everything will go hunky-dory being a teacher. There's lot of horror stories on Dave's ESL Cafe, for example, of really bad situations English teachers find themselves in. Of course, there are the lucky ones as well.

BTW, DJforumoney, it seems like you are the prototypical definition of "Angry at Home," than most of the people that have been abroad on the forum. Actually, I think you should be called the "Likes to lecture to others, while still being angry at home." When are you headed overseas soon...?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

zboy1 wrote:Actually, I think I have improved a lot as a teacher. Sometimes the hardest part is getting through the initial difficulties, before things get better. I was admittedly, very nervous the first day of teaching...I think it's quite normal. I also posted on another ESL forum--and they encouraged me to persevere--as well as recounting to me similar stories as well, to me.

But, yeah, I wrote that post because I wanted to warn others that not everything will go hunky-dory being a teacher. There's lot of horror stories on Dave's ESL Cafe, for example, of really bad situations English teachers find themselves in. Of course, there are the lucky ones as well.

BTW, DJforumoney, it seems like you are the prototypical definition of "Angry at Home," than most of the people that have been abroad on the forum. Actually, I think you should be called the "Likes to lecture to others, while still being angry at home." When are you headed overseas soon...?
Its not hunky dory because I have read enough tales of woe from expats who failed and returned back to the States. The problem is usually them and the choices they made, its hard to feel sorry for them.

I don't assume relocating will full of problems, nor do I think it will be smooth sailing but it all depends how you react to stuff and if I was angry as you believe I am, my reaction to when things don't go right would be quite spectacular.

I am not angry at all, that's an assumption.

Headed overseas to live? Well, given I had to start back at zero, I hope at the end of this year. I earn a pittance, it is what it is, but I can't have disruptions, like giving my mom $200 or my stepfather $450 with no idea when I'll get it back. I should get it back around tax return time, but I should be in country by that time.

Return to “General Discussions”