What should young men be doing in the mean time?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

SilverEnergy wrote:If you just have to go to college, community colleges have 2 year programs that will pretty much get you working right after you get your Associate's Degree.

I agree for those who are getting impatient and suffering, a university might not be the best thing for you unless you go into a study abroad program.
Community college isn't bad per se, but it's not as easy as people make it out to be as far as the bargain it is. Yes, it's cheaper than regular college and often you get financial benefits, but if you're already reasonably intelligent it's a waste of time and money, imo.

What I plan on doing, and I have a friend that did this for some of his stuff. CLEP. College Level Examination Program. https://clep.collegeboard.org/ Theoretically you can get enough credits for a BA in sheer number on just CLEP tests alone. I think from what I calculated, you're good for 130 credits based on the numbers on their site. Not all colleges except CLEP credits, but many do. Generally private colleges don't, but public colleges will. You have to check. Each test is $100ish dollars to take. When you're ready, you send the transfer for like $30ish to whatever college and the college awards the credit. If you look on the site and figure out things you're reasonably versed in, buy some study books or get them from the library, then go for the test, few hour test for 3 college credits. THEN after you've exhausted CLEP, you go to college for your major requirement classes and don't just spend years f***ing around getting your gen ed requirements in.

http://joshkaufman.net/hacking-higher-education-clep/

I mean if you wanna go to college for the experience so you can relive high school and pretend you're on Degrassi or something, or to meet chicks (which you'd probably be better off going to a ballroom dance class for that....) then do it, but yes, there is a better way. Theoretically, there are colleges like Thomas Edison and Excelsior University that are distance learning only and do either CLEP or their own testing for credits, and you can do that, too, but you can transfer CLEP credits to numerous real 4 year colleges.

Most kids take FOREVER in community college, as they don't place into high enough classes because of shitty high school either because their teachers were waiting on a pension or the students didn't care or both. So most of the time it's taking on average, for students starting fulltime, 3 years to get an associates even.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

onethousandknives wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:If you just have to go to college, community colleges have 2 year programs that will pretty much get you working right after you get your Associate's Degree.

I agree for those who are getting impatient and suffering, a university might not be the best thing for you unless you go into a study abroad program.
Community college isn't bad per se, but it's not as easy as people make it out to be as far as the bargain it is. Yes, it's cheaper than regular college and often you get financial benefits, but if you're already reasonably intelligent it's a waste of time and money, imo.

What I plan on doing, and I have a friend that did this for some of his stuff. CLEP. College Level Examination Program. https://clep.collegeboard.org/ Theoretically you can get enough credits for a BA in sheer number on just CLEP tests alone. I think from what I calculated, you're good for 130 credits based on the numbers on their site. Not all colleges except CLEP credits, but many do. Generally private colleges don't, but public colleges will. You have to check. Each test is $100ish dollars to take. When you're ready, you send the transfer for like $30ish to whatever college and the college awards the credit. If you look on the site and figure out things you're reasonably versed in, buy some study books or get them from the library, then go for the test, few hour test for 3 college credits. THEN after you've exhausted CLEP, you go to college for your major requirement classes and don't just spend years f***ing around getting your gen ed requirements in.

http://joshkaufman.net/hacking-higher-education-clep/

I mean if you wanna go to college for the experience so you can relive high school and pretend you're on Degrassi or something, or to meet chicks (which you'd probably be better off going to a ballroom dance class for that....) then do it, but yes, there is a better way. Theoretically, there are colleges like Thomas Edison and Excelsior University that are distance learning only and do either CLEP or their own testing for credits, and you can do that, too, but you can transfer CLEP credits to numerous real 4 year colleges.

Most kids take FOREVER in community college, as they don't place into high enough classes because of shitty high school either because their teachers were waiting on a pension or the students didn't care or both. So most of the time it's taking on average, for students starting fulltime, 3 years to get an associates even.
Community College, University or CLEP.

Any of those are good, it beats complaining all the time on these forums.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

I really do think that there are people that you can contact online such as online life coaches that will be able to help you.

If there is no one in your area to help you, there are many online life coaches and mentors to help you in find the proper direction for your life.

A life coach in person or online can help you set goals and obtain them.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

SilverEnergy wrote:I really do think that there are people that you can contact online such as online life coaches that will be able to help you.

If there is no one in your area to help you, there are many online life coaches and mentors to help you in find the proper direction for your life.

Being an effective life coach for Western men at this point would mean being psychic, since the same moves that seem to make sense now could see you screwed over down the track or vice versa. If the life coaches are psychic then they should take up options trading and become billionaires rather that waste their time being life coaches.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Cornfed wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:I really do think that there are people that you can contact online such as online life coaches that will be able to help you.

Being an effective life coach for Western men at this point would mean being psychic, since the same moves that seem to make sense now could see you screwed over down the track or vice versa. If the life coaches are psychic then they should take up options trading and become billionaires rather that waste their time being life coaches.
Hehe. Very true. I did everything right - was studious, stayed out of trouble - and now I'm worse off than all my former pothead classmates who barely graduated from high school. I should have just chilled out and done drugs instead.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Cornfed,

I never claimed that life coaches are "psychic" and besides some of them are millionaires and many are very well off financially.

Some life coaches have helped many people become millionaires and in rare cases billionaires.

The men on HA are in need of some serious guidance and I don't think that many people on HA are qualified to give life guidance.

Some mental lifestyle changes may be necessary and developing a new way of thinking.

I'm not saying that there is only one way to get help but a lot of men on HA are off track and need some organization and discipline to their lives.

Feminism and American women aren't the only thing wrong with many men on HA but a lot of repressed negativity and disorganized thinking.

You have to realize that there is something going on inside of YOU that's hindering you.

If you're living in America and you need more money to at least get some kind of social life, all I can say is just to figure out to become more wealthy because since western women have careers, they expect a higher level of financial support from men OR find a way to get overseas where women don't make as much money.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Jeremy wrote:Hehe. Very true. I did everything right - was studious, stayed out of trouble - and now I'm worse off than all my former pothead classmates who barely graduated from high school. I should have just chilled out and done drugs instead.
Yep, if I had to be a life coach for young boys today, the sage advice I would give them would be something like "Get drunk off you asses and gangbang the shit out of any little skanks you can get your hands on, because you're all screwed anyway".
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

SilverEnergy wrote:
Some life coaches have helped many people become millionaires and in rare cases billionaires.
Name two.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Don't waste your time at College ....
Last edited by polya on September 23rd, 2013, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Jester wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
Name two.
Ed Mercer is a life coach and a BILLIONAIRE.

Dani Johnson is a life coach and a MILLIONAIRE.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

SilverEnergy wrote:
Jester wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
Name two.

If I know someone who is in real estate, although indirectly, how should I go about asking him for advice once I have the cash in hand?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

zacb wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
Jester wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
Name two.

If I know someone who is in real estate, although indirectly, how should I go about asking him for advice once I have the cash in hand?
A real estate investor uses OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY to invest in real estate such as private lenders.

There are always Real Estate Investor Associations in most cities.

You should ask them to walk you through the whole process of real estate and let them keep the profits.

Ask them to be your mentor, take them out to eat.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

There are life coaches on www.fiverr.com who can help you and it's pretty cheap.

Just type in "life coach" in the search and they have ratings and feedback from members who've used their services.

The life coaches on Fiverr are good for life and business advice.

They will be able to answer your questions about real estate better than I can zacb.

Guys, the first step to getting the things you want is not being afraid to ask for help.

Stop hiding behind the internet and ask for help!

And I know that most of the members on here are anti-God, anti-Christ and anti-Semetic but asking God for direction in your life isn't a bad thing if you're a spiritual person.

Much of the bad things you're going through in life are a spiritual problem more so than a physical one.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

And I know that most of the members on here are anti-God, anti-Christ and anti-Semitic but asking God for direction in your life isn't a bad thing if you're a spiritual person.
Not to get off topic, but that's one thing that irritates me about this forum. I'm glad you pointed that out.
Learn to do as many skills as possible.
Yes, I agree. This is good advice. Right now I'm learning web design and wanting to learn more about cars and home repair in the future.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The Learning Annex actually has a psychic life coach "Wild Flower", who advertises "Psychic Intuitive Consultations and Coaching" for $200/HR. No, I'm not suggesting that any of you should go sign up.

If a young man were to ask me if he should go to college today, I'd say yes, and find a college that has study abroad program. As a foreign student, you have the opportunity to attend some of the best schools abroad without having to struggle through entrance exams like the locals. Use the opportunity to network and make connections abroad and with other international students.

Your school may also offer various alumni services, including job search and job placements. You already paid tens of thousands of dollars for school, so don't hesitate to use their services. If you're on this forum, most likely you'd like to visit, travel, live, and work abroad. A college degree will most likely help you toward that goal. Those who don't want you to go to college or go abroad, don't welcome the competition.