Working with women

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Seduction Sebi wrote:Hey guys,

I worked for one year in company in Germany. My team consisted nearly entirely of women. But I never had any problems. I mean, they were all ugly so I never had the desire to have sex with any of them.

Surprisingly, I always made my jokes about feminism and emancipation and the more I made them, the nicer they treated me. Fascinating :-D
That's because you were in Germany, not in the US. You weren't dealing with American women.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Digit
Freshman Poster

Post by Digit »

The best job I ever had was doing heavy manual labor, of course there were only men working at that spot. It was a great working atmosphere, people would joke around and bust each other's chops all the time. If someone had a problem he would bring it up instead of gossiping or being passive-agressive.

On the other hand if I think back about problems I had in the workplace it was always with women.
ntm1972
Freshman Poster

Post by ntm1972 »

It has been my experience that working with women ALWAYS leads to headaches. They are catty and petty, and insist on creating and sustaining drama whenever possible.

Women in the U.S. are particularly bad in this regard, and it extends to their behaviors towards customers. In the past seven days, I've dealt with three different women - a gas station cashier, a barmaid, and a Starbucks barista - who were rude, sarcastic, and inattentive in various degrees. In each case, I refused to kowtow, responding firmly and evenly to each infraction. However, I also know that the overall situation is hopeless, that AW will not change. Certainly, management won't listen to your complaints and follow up as they ought.

If I were to go abroad, teaching would need to be my primary source of income until I developed other streams. But, after twenty years in the education racket - and it IS a racket, no matter where you go in this world - I'm burnt out on that. So, for the next twelve months or so, I'll be part of an intentional community in the upper Midwest whose focus is on helping homeless folk. One of the houses is set aside for homeless single men, and I will live and work in this house. It is an unpaid volunteer position, but I want to try this out, if for no other reason than the fact that it's important to me to let a few men know that, in a world that relentlessly and remorselessly despises them, there's one guy out there who cares enough to help them however he can for the thirty days they're allowed to be at the home.

Even though the job itself is an unpaid one, there will be chances to earn income on a part-time basis. Since my lodging, food, and local transportation will all be taken care of, I should therefore be able to save a little money each month. Also, I'll have chances to learn various farming and craftsmanship skills that should serve me well in time to come. Having hands-on skills is a plus no matter where on Earth you end up.

The downside to all of this is that the volunteer contingent is a mixed-gender group. Most of them are married, and appeared to me to be better behaved than most women, based on the assessment I made during my four-day interview visit. The thing that I have going for me is that the setup is not an hierarchical one; all decisions are reached by consensus, and each member is allowed to cast a "blocking vote" against any proposed action that he or she deems to be not in the best interests of the group. Ostensibly, then, my voice WILL be heard, and I intend to take full advantage of this. If any of the women has a problem with my assertiveness, I'll simply appeal to the framework that's in place - live by the sword, die by the sword.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Jester wrote:
deasil875 wrote:
Bottom line: women have no business being in management positions. They get way too emotional, bitch out and can't handle the pressure.
Truth.
++1

And they are hypocritical, unpredictable, inconsistent and unwilling to be accountable and responsible for their decisions and prone to fix the blame rather than the problem.
Last edited by Halwick on October 5th, 2013, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Digit wrote:The best job I ever had was doing heavy manual labor, of course there were only men working at that spot. It was a great working atmosphere, people would joke around and bust each other's chops all the time. If someone had a problem he would bring it up instead of gossiping or being passive-agressive.

On the other hand if I think back about problems I had in the workplace it was always with women.
Exactly! When working with men, there's a esprit-de-corps and close-knit camaraderie that contributes to the teamwork environment.

You don't get that when working with women. Instead, there's a feeling of caution and tension in the atmosphere that adds to the stress. You have to be careful with your choice of words and actions, otherwise face an accusation of sexual harassment.

Who wants to work under those conditions?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Halwick wrote:
Digit wrote:The best job I ever had was doing heavy manual labor, of course there were only men working at that spot. It was a great working atmosphere, people would joke around and bust each other's chops all the time. If someone had a problem he would bring it up instead of gossiping or being passive-agressive.

Exactly! When working with men, there's a esprit-de-corps and close-knit camaraderie that contributes to the teamwork environment.

You don't get that when working with women. Instead, there's a feeling of caution and tension in the atmosphere that adds to the stress. You have to be careful with your choice of words and actions, otherwise face an accusation of sexual harassment.

Who wants to work under those conditions?
I can't stand working with women, they are petty, they gossip and they don't work as hard as the men do. I am presently trying to find a new job where I would only be working with men.

I have had women tell me that they can't stand working with other women for the exact same reasons that I can't stand working with them (pettiness, gossip and being overly emotional).
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: Working with women

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Working with women

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

OTB wrote:I'll start off saying I enjoy working with all my co-workers. I work with all women except for one guy who is gay. I've been in my department for almost 3 and a half years. We've had nothing but good times while working together. I'm always making my co-workers laugh and there is one who I talk to more than anyone in my department. She's 47 and a mom of three and she considers herself my mom at work.

Now, I'm going to get right to what I want to discuss. It may be a little long, but just hold on.

Here are some comments my "mom at work" has stated just playing around that I took offense to.

1. I need to be a woman

Why did she say this? Well, one day she needed me to do something for her while I was on a call. I told her to hold on and I would do it after I got off the phone. So she yells out to another co-worker of mine in the other aisle, "Kenny needs to be a woman so he can multitask." She has made other comments about multitasking in the past which I quickly refuted. She prides herself on this illogical theory. So, what was my response? I told her again, "Multitasking makes no sense. It's not efficient and you're more prone to making mistakes." I had to two other co-workers who agreed. That comment was unnecessary

2. That's your cue to date men

This really irritated me because it was SO unnecessary. What made her say this? One day I made a call and the woman I spoke to had an attitude. So when I hung up I said to her why is it whenever I call somewhere and I get an attitude it's always women. So her response was, "Maybe that's your cue to date men." WHAT? It was around her time to leave so I tucked it away and told her how I felt about the comment the next day in an email. She apologized and said she didn't mean anything by it. She then said are we cool. I said yeah we're cool. Our work relationship continued in the same way it always was. I didn't treat her any differently.

Now, other comments made by other co-workers concerning my dating life:

I'm picky (Made by my co-worker who is 50)

I'm looking for someone perfect (This was also stated to my manager while she was walking by, by my worker who is 33) UNNECESSARY!

I'm 31 and I should be married with kids (Made by my co-worker who is 44)

In thirty years from now she's not going to look the same (Made by "mom at work")

I should lower my standards (About three weeks ago by the one who is 33)

All this came from just making a comment about a girl or me discussing something with another co-worker and someone overheard the discussion, and then they become uberly curious to know what my type of girl is.

Starting to see a pattern guys?

Women can say what they want and be nosy about your life and see nothing wrong with it.

One thing I can say from working with them is that I never get personal. Even though I throw out a lot of banter I keep it clean and stay cognizant of what I say. Remember...I work with women

Let's continue.

Last month an incident occurred during our lunch. There was a girl walking by outside who flirts with me through email from time to time. I point her out to "my mom at work". She gets a kick out the emails she sends. So she said, "Is that her?" I said, "Yeah that's her." This girl is clearly not my type. She even said that.

However, HERE WE GO FELLAS, my co-worker who's 50 was standing by the window and said, "Well what about her?" I said she's not my type. She kept prying. She couldn't just leave it alone. "Well, why?" SHE'S NOT MY TYPE. She didn't drop it. She says, "Well what if she has a good heart. What if she's really smart?" That's fine and well but she's not my type. Why should I settle for that? Her body looks like she just doesn't care about physical exercise." Her response, "Well, maybe it's due to a MEDICAL REASON." "Maybe you're just being PICKY." Then my "mom at work" says, Thirty years from now that beauty is not going to be there." So basically, I should just settle.

Then my co-worker who is 44 comes out and says, "You're picky and YOU'RE HIGH MAINTENANCE." I didn't like that comment. The way I interpreted it was like I'm narcissistic and act like a high maintenance woman. So I called her out on it. We settled it. She clarified what she meant and I apologized to her for the things I said.

To end this, things became very quiet around the office after that. "My mom at work", the one who I talk to the most, became very quiet and aloof. I thought I had said something to offend her but she said no, she just wanted to keep the peace. She snitched on me to the one who is 44 and told her I called her something I didn't say. I brought this to her attention yesterday because it continued to bother me once I found out that she told her that I called her a derogatory name. She denied it and I said, "Ok, but that's the word. You're the one who told her."

The one who is 33 backed me up and said we've all said it behind her back. My mom at work was unaware of this which I tried telling her." There was another co-worker who is 32 and she told her I didn't say what she thought I said. Mom at work apologized for the misinterpretation.

That's it's fellas. I think that's long enough. You see the theme here.

Women can be troublemakers, nosy, and backstabbing.

Life lesson learned: DON'T GET SUCKED INTO THEIR NOSINESS AND ASININE COMMENTS!
lol....^^

At the end of the day OTB, you're being hunted by women because you're a young, single, child-free man. Women instinctively, and universally, have a problem with a young man who is single, but yet, has no woman in his life.

Most men are never single for long enough to experience being hunted by women. Women are very aggressive over finding a mate, and they will force their way into a man's life by any means necessary unless they're being pursued aggressively by lots of men.

Women also look out for other women (such as in your case) in that if they see a young single gentleman such as yourself, they will forcefully set you up with another woman regardless if you don't even want to date, and at the very least, they will publicly disparage you, and assassinate your character in a attempt to motivate you to find a girl.

At the end of the day, I give full credit to women giving birth to us men, but once we get here, women need us men more then we need them, so this is the basis as to why they hunt us. They simply need our protection, and they want access to a comfortable life that we are able to provide for them either because they either can't do it on their own, or because they don't want to do it on their own out of laziness.

Anyhow, the only solution is to lie and tell women that you're taken. It's the only way women will leave you alone full stop. Tell them that you have a woman who lives in another state, or just make up a phantom woman.