Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Should I leave America asap if I'm a college student

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:23 am

Rocky Top wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
zacb wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
skateboardstephen wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Are you people serious?

Not that I deny there some serious problems and that the US won't put troublemakers in jail/camps.

People love to say "FEMA" camps because of how poorly the temporary housing was after Katrina. See it wasn't a problem when it was mostly African-Americans had to experience FEMA provided housing, but now that so-called law abiding citizens who protest against Government Tyranny might be rounded up (much like Occupy Wall St) and put into camps with FEMA provided housing which will cost all sort of health issues.

Its funny how Americans get all worked up over doomsday scenarios.

@Mr. Darcy

Why do you refuse to listen to ANYTHING I have said? This is the problem with Black folk in general, not much for listening and never wanting to work together on anything unless its to get pus*y, locally.

I said you should pursue graduate studies abroad, its extremely cheap to get your Masters, PhD or whatever in other places.

Finally there as ways for you to make some extra cash, just Google it.

Tickets to Latin America in general are under $1,000 roundtrip and you could live on $500US or less a month.

I can't keep telling you this, so this is the final time, its obviously not getting in that thick skull of yours.
Exactly.I see so many foreign exchange students in Brazil from various countries. I don't know what you would do for work though.I teach English and i'm pretty good at it,but it isn't easy and you really have to know what you're doing.You should also be able to speak the native language fluently and be able to explain grammar points in their native language if they don't understand you.


I don't know why the number #1 concern is looking for somebody to provide you with a job. Make one for yourself, its not hard. You can make money online, its not hard. Its not overnight and you'll have to spend hours, weeks and months on it before you'll see any money, but do it right and you can make more than enough to live on in South America.

Starting a business in Brazil is difficult but not impossible. You can make it easier on yourself by marrying a Brazilian. But when I suggest that to single men, they act if that's a wild-eye idea. You want to get married anyway right? Why not a Brazilian woman?

If getting married is not a priority for some reason, then go to Central America where its dirt cheap and little regulation, so starting a business only requires a lawyer to understand the documents and not much else.

He could work at one of the call centers US companies have in Central America, lots of backpacker types do this.


Which country would you suggest for those of us with st. smarts?


Central America is fine, Mexico is okay even. Pick one and go. Nicaragua has the lowest cost and highest exchange rate down there.


The exchange rate is 1:1 because they use the dollar, just like Panama.


Belize uses the dollar and so does Panama. Nicaragua is 24:1. One US Dollar is worth 24 Cordobas... You can use the dollar for exchange, everybody does, since the dollar is used for international exchange but everything is denominated in Cordobas not dollars.

Mexican hookers will take US dollars, but they exchange them for Pesos because that is the local currency. In fact I can buy anything in dollars pretty much in Mexico, but I will pay whatever the total is in pesos, they don't do the exchange on the fly. Even if they do its usually wrong by a few pesos.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:24 am

IE number one rule for anything, PAY IN LOCAL MONEY!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Mr.Darcy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Do not these countries have ***** infrastructures
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Postby Moretorque » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Word is all the worlds countries are exiting the $ quietly at the moment, this comes from Dr. Jim Willie but he also claim's there are space monsters living amongst us so I do not know if his word counts.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Postby zacb » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Moretorque wrote:Word is all the worlds countries are exiting the $ quietly at the moment, this comes from Dr. Jim Willie but he also claim's there are space monsters living amongst us so I do not know if his word counts.


I would not be surprised, but there are not many good alternatives. The Yuan needs work, and every currency, maybe with the exception of the Franc, are leveraged to the hilt. If I had to pick a reserve currency, it might be SDR's or the Franc. But I don't think the US would take too kindly if that was done right now.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 am
Location: Michigan

Postby Rocky Top » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:52 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
Rocky Top wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
zacb wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
skateboardstephen wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Are you people serious?

Not that I deny there some serious problems and that the US won't put troublemakers in jail/camps.

People love to say "FEMA" camps because of how poorly the temporary housing was after Katrina. See it wasn't a problem when it was mostly African-Americans had to experience FEMA provided housing, but now that so-called law abiding citizens who protest against Government Tyranny might be rounded up (much like Occupy Wall St) and put into camps with FEMA provided housing which will cost all sort of health issues.

Its funny how Americans get all worked up over doomsday scenarios.

@Mr. Darcy

Why do you refuse to listen to ANYTHING I have said? This is the problem with Black folk in general, not much for listening and never wanting to work together on anything unless its to get pus*y, locally.

I said you should pursue graduate studies abroad, its extremely cheap to get your Masters, PhD or whatever in other places.

Finally there as ways for you to make some extra cash, just Google it.

Tickets to Latin America in general are under $1,000 roundtrip and you could live on $500US or less a month.

I can't keep telling you this, so this is the final time, its obviously not getting in that thick skull of yours.
Exactly.I see so many foreign exchange students in Brazil from various countries. I don't know what you would do for work though.I teach English and i'm pretty good at it,but it isn't easy and you really have to know what you're doing.You should also be able to speak the native language fluently and be able to explain grammar points in their native language if they don't understand you.


I don't know why the number #1 concern is looking for somebody to provide you with a job. Make one for yourself, its not hard. You can make money online, its not hard. Its not overnight and you'll have to spend hours, weeks and months on it before you'll see any money, but do it right and you can make more than enough to live on in South America.

Starting a business in Brazil is difficult but not impossible. You can make it easier on yourself by marrying a Brazilian. But when I suggest that to single men, they act if that's a wild-eye idea. You want to get married anyway right? Why not a Brazilian woman?

If getting married is not a priority for some reason, then go to Central America where its dirt cheap and little regulation, so starting a business only requires a lawyer to understand the documents and not much else.

He could work at one of the call centers US companies have in Central America, lots of backpacker types do this.


Which country would you suggest for those of us with st. smarts?


Central America is fine, Mexico is okay even. Pick one and go. Nicaragua has the lowest cost and highest exchange rate down there.


The exchange rate is 1:1 because they use the dollar, just like Panama.


Belize uses the dollar and so does Panama. Nicaragua is 24:1. One US Dollar is worth 24 Cordobas... You can use the dollar for exchange, everybody does, since the dollar is used for international exchange but everything is denominated in Cordobas not dollars.

Mexican hookers will take US dollars, but they exchange them for Pesos because that is the local currency. In fact I can buy anything in dollars pretty much in Mexico, but I will pay whatever the total is in pesos, they don't do the exchange on the fly. Even if they do its usually wrong by a few pesos.


Maybe we are splitting hairs, but just like in Panama, where the official currency is the Colon, in Nicaragua the local currency is the Cordoba, like you said. But still, the dollar is just as prevalent in both countries as it is in the US. And there is no big need for the locals to exchange dollars for cordobas or colons in either country because in both cases, they are both readily accepted everywhere. I've been to both countries within the past 18 months, so I'm sure of what I'm saying. If you go to any market or any business or any individual and gave a Panamanian or Nicaraguan a $20 to conduct your business, they are not going to beat it to the local currency exchange ASAP. They'll simply keep it and use it to conduct their own business in the same manner. The 2 currencies are interchangeable, even though the official local currency is the colon or cordoba.

And in both countries, they do the exchange on the fly and it may be off a little bit here or there, but you are still getting a close approximation of the exchange rate vs what you get at airports or banks.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:23 pm
Location: Tennessee

Postby Moretorque » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:59 pm

zacb wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Word is all the worlds countries are exiting the $ quietly at the moment, this comes from Dr. Jim Willie but he also claim's there are space monsters living amongst us so I do not know if his word counts.


I would not be surprised, but there are not many good alternatives. The Yuan needs work, and every currency, maybe with the exception of the Franc, are leveraged to the hilt. If I had to pick a reserve currency, it might be SDR's or the Franc. But I don't think the US would take too kindly if that was done right now.


Would you trust a mans word who claims there are space monsters living on the Dark Side of the Moon?
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Postby Tsar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:01 am

zacb wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Word is all the worlds countries are exiting the $ quietly at the moment, this comes from Dr. Jim Willie but he also claim's there are space monsters living amongst us so I do not know if his word counts.


I would not be surprised, but there are not many good alternatives. The Yuan needs work, and every currency, maybe with the exception of the Franc, are leveraged to the hilt. If I had to pick a reserve currency, it might be SDR's or the Franc. But I don't think the US would take too kindly if that was done right now.


Why does the world need a reserve currency? Why can't trade be done between countries using the foreign exchange rates? A reserve currency seems like it would be a negative for everybody because it allows one country to affect every other country in the world and perpetuates the instability of a fiat monetary system.
Tsar
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Postby SilverEnergy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:53 am

Mr. Darcy, please get a profession, life coach or a mentor to help you.

Aren't there career counselors at your college who can help you?
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Postby Jester » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:10 am

Tsar wrote:
zacb wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Word is all the worlds countries are exiting the $ quietly at the moment, this comes from Dr. Jim Willie but he also claim's there are space monsters living amongst us so I do not know if his word counts.



I would not be surprised, but there are not many good alternatives. The Yuan needs work, and every currency, maybe with the exception of the Franc, are leveraged to the hilt. If I had to pick a reserve currency, it might be SDR's or the Franc. But I don't think the US would take too kindly if that was done right now.



Why does the world need a reserve currency? Why can't trade be done between countries using the foreign exchange rates? A reserve currency seems like it would be a negative for everybody because it allows one country to affect every other country in the world and perpetuates the instability of a fiat monetary system.



You're exactly right. "Reserve" currency is just a medium for sovereigns to use annually or more often to settle accounts, when they are holding each others' paper. Until Bretton Woods, settlements were in gold. THAT was the so-called "gold standard" that you have heard of. Local-yokel Americans couldn't get gold for years BEFORE this -- but countries still settled up in gold annually.

Before the Opium Wars, China required payment in silver, to avoid being inflated with printed British pounds.

Of course getting BACK to a hard-gods-based trading settlement will be tough. If gold were the medium, demand would soar, as everyone needed to up their gold on hand. Price of gold would soar from the artificially low level it is at now, to an exorbitant price.

Another solution is as yo say, just conduct trade in each others currencies, and bargain down the exchange rate if you have too much of another sovereign's paper currency, and settle differences with matched accounting entries, or even plane flights of cash periodically. I suppose that this is, de facto, how officially isolated countries operate. Fascinating subject, to me anyway.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby MatureDJ » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:54 am

djfourmoney wrote:People love to say "FEMA" camps because of how poorly the temporary housing was after Katrina. See it wasn't a problem when it was mostly African-Americans had to experience FEMA provided housing, but now that so-called law abiding citizens who protest against Government Tyranny might be rounded up (much like Occupy Wall St) and put into camps with FEMA provided housing which will cost all sort of health issues.


As probably the only member here who actually lost his home in Katrina, I feel I should set the record straight. FEMA gave each refugee the option of living in an place somewhere in the USA, or getting a trailer to put at his homesite. Unfortunately, there trailers were built quite cheaply, with some bad chemical (formaldehyde?) that leeched out from the furnishings and walls.

I got an apartment, but did go back to get some stuff out of my home (i.e., that I did not get out during my first foray there, when I slept on a cot at a "tent city"), and stayed at the trailer of a friend of mine (it was his mother's trailer, which she did not need) for only 1 night. The smell could be detected, and just from one day there I felt slightly off. I couldn't fathom staying there long term. With that said, another friend of mine got a repo home in the Dallas area to live in, where he put his fat wife and 2 kids, while he stayed in a trailer at his business site. He loved staying there away from there, as he hit the nightspots in Baton Rouge, ending up eventually with a much more slender wife.
MatureDJ
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Postby Jester » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:52 am

MatureDJ wrote:
Unfortunately, there trailers were built quite cheaply, with some bad chemical (formaldehyde?) that leeched out from the furnishings and walls....

....The smell could be detected, and just from one day there I felt slightly off. I couldn't fathom staying there long term.



Just want to second what you say. No FEMA experience but I am familiar with very nice office trailers used at a cemetery where I sold plots. The formaldehyde smell was so bad that we preferred to be outside even in blazing hot summer weather.

As soon as I heard about complaints re FEMA trailers I knew exactly what the problem was.

That's our US government - "PROVIDE" for you... then treat you with contempt... because after all they GAVE you something, so you shouldn't be complaining. Shut up, you sniveling serf.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests