Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Did your attitude change once you left your place of origin?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Did your attitude change once you left your place of origin?

Postby Mr.Darcy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Regardless if in america or not, I believe people do well in areas they are comfortable in.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Postby kai1275 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Mine changed when I got fed up with Chinese women here in the US, right after a terrible double date. I had already swore off White, Black, and Latino women in the US. Then I found this website off Google off BAW's legendary thread, that same day, and then I created a dating online profile for FW all evening and night long. Spent the next 2 years dating FW and got married to one.

Life hasn't been the same since that day.

Eventually you might get sick enough from it and do something about it. I just hope you don't go psycho before that happens.

EDIT: I guess physical location means nothing to me. Mental location is far more important. I knew there was not anything wrong with me, but them. Leaving my city first was not going to make me figure out what was wrong. What do you think Google is for? Answers.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:04 am

Yes, oh yes, things changed for me almost as soon as I got into China. (Changed for the better, that is.) Even though I find the dating impossible and the language just as difficult, I still am enjoying my time here. I'm keeping things in perspective better. Before going abroad, the problem was that I was worried that I never would go. Now that I've really done it, I know I can do it again. The perspective comes in knowing that this was a stepping stone into the realm of being happier abroad. Before leaving home, I had a sense of finality: that my life was over and I was just waiting it out. No hope and no future. It felt as if the end of history was upon me (and the culture in America.) In China, life goes on. I have a salaried job, an apartment, new friends, an opportunity to learn some Mandarin, proximity to countries I want to travel to later on, and fun things to do every day. Not to mention my status went from invisible to highly visible. I got happier abroad.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby magnum » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:26 am

depends on your age and looks I'm sorry to say, but my experience in china was as fallows.

I'm in great shape everyone always noticed, but then again not that many Chinese guys work out.

Generally speaking, i had more respect from everyone in china, even from other English speakers, though Russians seemed to have a issue, not quite rude, but zero respect.

Before july it seemed every easy to get a job interview, literally less then a week, just shows how bad they need English teachers.

down side but totally expect from any country, not many know enough english to have friends or communicate, however, you are in another country.

After my first trip going through lax security reminded me right away why the usa can burn.

After returning the second time I was missing my GF with all my heart.
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby kai1275 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:04 pm

magnum wrote:depends on your age and looks I'm sorry to say, but my experience in china was as fallows.

I'm in great shape everyone always noticed, but then again not that many Chinese guys work out.

Generally speaking, i had more respect from everyone in china, even from other English speakers, though Russians seemed to have a issue, not quite rude, but zero respect.

Before july it seemed every easy to get a job interview, literally less then a week, just shows how bad they need English teachers.

down side but totally expect from any country, not many know enough english to have friends or communicate, however, you are in another country.

After my first trip going through lax security reminded me right away why the usa can burn.

After returning the second time I was missing my GF with all my heart.

Wait a second. First AiB mentioned LAX giving him shit and now you just did. I almost got arrested by them for "bomb residue" (their equipment or tech guy was wrong) on my neck pillow! They are clowns of the highest order. I almost missed my flight and they surrounded me and humiliated me, long story short. I have never been more angry in all my life.

I probably shouldn't discuss this online but....you two guys now have me curious.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby kai1275 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Sorry I think it was Tre that said that not AiB.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions