Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


American Government Shut Down (How it's ruining people)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

American Government Shut Down (How it's ruining people)

Postby DanielleNguyen » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:13 pm

For Republicans, the last 10 days have felt like falling down a darkened elevator shaft: You want to hit bottom, but wonder about the odds of survival.

In what has become an almost daily occurrence, Thursday night brought another poll showing the damage the party has suffered as a result of the government shutdown. A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found that the party’s popularity had dropped and Americans were far more likely to blame them for the goings-on in Washington than their Democratic opponents.

A recap:

--Only 24% of Americans had a favorable view of Republicans, the lowest figure in the poll’s multi-year history and four percentage points lower than last month. Another low: only 21% had a favorable view of the tea party.

--President Obama’s standing was relatively stable, the pollsters said, moving from 45% favorable last month to 47% now, within the poll’s margin of error of 3.5 points. Democrats overall were at 39% positive, with congressional Democrats at 36%.

--70% of Americans said Republicans were putting politics ahead of what was best for the country. A lesser 51% said that about Obama.


HOW IT AFFECTS ALL OF US
You bet I was in dismay when the government had shut down. Lots of places people had depended on shut down with it. The first thing is we don't know when our mail will come or if it will come at all. This may seem like a simple thing but when you depend on your check from work in the mail or bills to show up by a certain day it can become a problem. Issue, number two is benefits are being taken away and people who worked under the government are losing their jobs but congress still gets paid. My husband who is in the Air force also has been affected. He was told he may not be paid and when you have a 6 month old that's not something you can just say ok too. If that wasn't bad enough the WIC offices are also shut down. One can of formula for my son is near 30 bucks for a small can. He goes through 10-12 small cans a month. That is $300 we have to pay out in formula alone. Then baby food which is $1.09 a jar we also have to buy out of pocket. My son eats 3 jars a day. To most this may seem like not a big deal but add a $1000 rent and then all the other bills on top of it in a low income family and it seems outlandish.
Food pantries seem to be busy and crowed now. There is a very high rate of single mothers who depend on Wic and the government to help support their children. Even my husband and I seem to think things are harder without WIC
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: North dakota







Postby zacb » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:37 pm

The issue is that if we do not get our spending out of control, there will never be wic again. Having said that, both sides don't understand the ramifications. I think Gary Johnson had it right when he said we are facing economic collapse. But the best welfare is the gold standard. Bring it back :D .
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 am
Location: Michigan

Postby tre » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:11 am

zacb wrote:The issue is that if we do not get our spending out of control, there will never be wic again. Having said that, both sides don't understand the ramifications. I think Gary Johnson had it right when he said we are facing economic collapse. But the best welfare is the gold standard. Bring it back :D .


MANY have warned about it...because it will eventually happen. At this point, it has to happen...no doubt about it. Obamacare will go through and the debt ceiling will be raised. Obamacare has already been passed so this "show" in Congress is just that...a show. If the debt ceiling isn't raised, the USA will default on their debts, which would cause countries to reject the dollar worldwide. If that were to happen, we'd sink into an economic collapse immediately. They will kick the bucket down the road again, but the eventual collapse is inevitable. This time will be much worse than the Great Depression as prices of goods will go through the roof, while employment plummets.

I recommend getting a food storage at very least once you are able to. There will come a day when your family will absolutely need it to survive. You best find a way to protect it as well as you don't want to have it taken by one of the many that didn't prepare for what is coming...
tre
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 am
Location: USA

Postby Tsar » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:54 am

tre wrote:
zacb wrote:The issue is that if we do not get our spending out of control, there will never be wic again. Having said that, both sides don't understand the ramifications. I think Gary Johnson had it right when he said we are facing economic collapse. But the best welfare is the gold standard. Bring it back :D .


MANY have warned about it...because it will eventually happen. At this point, it has to happen...no doubt about it. Obamacare will go through and the debt ceiling will be raised. Obamacare has already been passed so this "show" in Congress is just that...a show. If the debt ceiling isn't raised, the USA will default on their debts, which would cause countries to reject the dollar worldwide. If that were to happen, we'd sink into an economic collapse immediately. They will kick the bucket down the road again, but the eventual collapse is inevitable. This time will be much worse than the Great Depression as prices of goods will go through the roof, while employment plummets.

I recommend getting a food storage at very least once you are able to. There will come a day when your family will absolutely need it to survive. You best find a way to protect it as well as you don't want to have it taken by one of the many that didn't prepare for what is coming...


I recommend stockpiling water, canned foods (which can last years), dried foods (rice, pasta), and begin growing a vegetable garden. Fruit bushes and fruit trees would be very useful (in the summers and early autumns). Learning how to fish and hunt. Raising rabbits (which can even eat grasses if that is the only thing you could afford). Six months to one year of food is recommended by survivalists. Clean water is also very important. It's also good to have a gas grill and some propane tanks. Candles and possibly oil lamps. When the collapse happens everything in America will collapse. There will be no food, no electricity, and no running water except in isolated spots. Think of the Hunger Games where one select group of people has all the luxuries while everyone else is either in near poverty or they are famished, starving, in poverty, and have a lack of quality infrastructure. This is what America will become in the future. There is nothing and no one that can save America. I am an idealist but I also recognize when something is beyond the point of salvation.
Tsar
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1821
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Postby Tsar » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:05 am

DanielleNguyen wrote:HOW IT AFFECTS ALL OF US
You bet I was in dismay when the government had shut down. Lots of places people had depended on shut down with it. The first thing is we don't know when our mail will come or if it will come at all. This may seem like a simple thing but when you depend on your check from work in the mail or bills to show up by a certain day it can become a problem. Issue, number two is benefits are being taken away and people who worked under the government are losing their jobs but congress still gets paid. My husband who is in the Air force also has been affected. He was told he may not be paid and when you have a 6 month old that's not something you can just say ok too. If that wasn't bad enough the WIC offices are also shut down. One can of formula for my son is near 30 bucks for a small can. He goes through 10-12 small cans a month. That is $300 we have to pay out in formula alone. Then baby food which is $1.09 a jar we also have to buy out of pocket. My son eats 3 jars a day. To most this may seem like not a big deal but add a $1000 rent and then all the other bills on top of it in a low income family and it seems outlandish.
Food pantries seem to be busy and crowed now. There is a very high rate of single mothers who depend on Wic and the government to help support their children. Even my husband and I seem to think things are harder without WIC


Many people depend on welfare programs. These are programs that the Republicans want to cut. They want to increase military spending, increase defense spending, and reduce the taxes on the wealthiest Americans. There is never any mention about the 900 military bases located in 130 countries around the world, the hundreds of billions in foreign aid, the hundreds of billions given to foreign governments, the low tariffs and free trade agreements, the tax loopholes for corporations or the wealthiest Americans, the billions in corporate subsidies to the largest and most profitable multinational corporations, or the hundreds of billions that is given to the UN. America is a very corrupt country with a government that does not care about the common American or the skyrocketing number of poor Americans.
Tsar
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1821
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Postby SilverEnergy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:45 am

Tsar wrote:
tre wrote:
zacb wrote:The issue is that if we do not get our spending out of control, there will never be wic again. Having said that, both sides don't understand the ramifications. I think Gary Johnson had it right when he said we are facing economic collapse. But the best welfare is the gold standard. Bring it back :D .


MANY have warned about it...because it will eventually happen. At this point, it has to happen...no doubt about it. Obamacare will go through and the debt ceiling will be raised. Obamacare has already been passed so this "show" in Congress is just that...a show. If the debt ceiling isn't raised, the USA will default on their debts, which would cause countries to reject the dollar worldwide. If that were to happen, we'd sink into an economic collapse immediately. They will kick the bucket down the road again, but the eventual collapse is inevitable. This time will be much worse than the Great Depression as prices of goods will go through the roof, while employment plummets.

I recommend getting a food storage at very least once you are able to. There will come a day when your family will absolutely need it to survive. You best find a way to protect it as well as you don't want to have it taken by one of the many that didn't prepare for what is coming...


I recommend stockpiling water, canned foods (which can last years), dried foods (rice, pasta), and begin growing a vegetable garden. Fruit bushes and fruit trees would be very useful (in the summers and early autumns). Learning how to fish and hunt. Raising rabbits (which can even eat grasses if that is the only thing you could afford). Six months to one year of food is recommended by survivalists. Clean water is also very important. It's also good to have a gas grill and some propane tanks. Candles and possibly oil lamps. When the collapse happens everything in America will collapse. There will be no food, no electricity, and no running water except in isolated spots. Think of the Hunger Games where one select group of people has all the luxuries while everyone else is either in near poverty or they are famished, starving, in poverty, and have a lack of quality infrastructure. This is what America will become in the future. There is nothing and no one that can save America. I am an idealist but I also recognize when something is beyond the point of salvation.


There will still be much running water, food and electricity after the collapse.

Food might be a little more scarce than it is right now.

The collapse isn't the end of America, it will be just the end of our current fiat currency around the world.

The world is headed towards a one-world monetary system.

Once the new world order starts, America won't exist as all of the world's land mass will be the same thing with no boundaries.

There will be hardly any middle class as the wealth transfer will occur with those who have gold and silver and those who don't.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Postby sushiman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:53 am

tre wrote:
zacb wrote:The issue is that if we do not get our spending out of control, there will never be wic again. Having said that, both sides don't understand the ramifications. I think Gary Johnson had it right when he said we are facing economic collapse. But the best welfare is the gold standard. Bring it back :D .


MANY have warned about it...because it will eventually happen. At this point, it has to happen...no doubt about it.


Yep, it has been game over for a long time.

I already moved, got permanent residency elsewhere, moved all my assets out of the states.

Every time a symptom of the problem surfaces Americans pay attention, get past the short term crisis, and go right back to their old ways. I've never seen any serious talk about massive government spending cuts and debt restructuring ("orderly" default). I mean shit, the time to make a change was 20 years ago. Wake up 'merikans!
sushiman
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Seoul

Re: American Government Shut Down (How it's ruining people)

Postby Teal Lantern » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:51 am

Now, on election day, how many of these people will vote against the congressmen and senators from their own district and state, respectively? :wink:
Usually the ones they hate the most are NOT the ones on the local ballot.


DanielleNguyen wrote:A recap:

--Only 24% of Americans had a favorable view of Republicans, the lowest figure in the poll’s multi-year history and four percentage points lower than last month. Another low: only 21% had a favorable view of the tea party.

--President Obama’s standing was relatively stable, the pollsters said, moving from 45% favorable last month to 47% now, within the poll’s margin of error of 3.5 points. Democrats overall were at 39% positive, with congressional Democrats at 36%.

--70% of Americans said Republicans were putting politics ahead of what was best for the country. A lesser 51% said that about Obama.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby DanielleNguyen » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:45 pm

hmmmm
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: North dakota

Re: American Government Shut Down (How it's ruining people)

Postby OutWest » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:31 pm

DanielleNguyen wrote:For Republicans, the last 10 days have felt like falling down a darkened elevator shaft: You want to hit bottom, but wonder about the odds of survival.

In what has become an almost daily occurrence, Thursday night brought another poll showing the damage the party has suffered as a result of the government shutdown. A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found that the party’s popularity had dropped and Americans were far more likely to blame them for the goings-on in Washington than their Democratic opponents.

A recap:

--Only 24% of Americans had a favorable view of Republicans, the lowest figure in the poll’s multi-year history and four percentage points lower than last month. Another low: only 21% had a favorable view of the tea party.

--President Obama’s standing was relatively stable, the pollsters said, moving from 45% favorable last month to 47% now, within the poll’s margin of error of 3.5 points. Democrats overall were at 39% positive, with congressional Democrats at 36%.

--70% of Americans said Republicans were putting politics ahead of what was best for the country. A lesser 51% said that about Obama.


HOW IT AFFECTS ALL OF US
You bet I was in dismay when the government had shut down. Lots of places people had depended on shut down with it. The first thing is we don't know when our mail will come or if it will come at all. This may seem like a simple thing but when you depend on your check from work in the mail or bills to show up by a certain day it can become a problem. Issue, number two is benefits are being taken away and people who worked under the government are losing their jobs but congress still gets paid. My husband who is in the Air force also has been affected. He was told he may not be paid and when you have a 6 month old that's not something you can just say ok too. If that wasn't bad enough the WIC offices are also shut down. One can of formula for my son is near 30 bucks for a small can. He goes through 10-12 small cans a month. That is $300 we have to pay out in formula alone. Then baby food which is $1.09 a jar we also have to buy out of pocket. My son eats 3 jars a day. To most this may seem like not a big deal but add a $1000 rent and then all the other bills on top of it in a low income family and it seems outlandish.
Food pantries seem to be busy and crowed now. There is a very high rate of single mothers who depend on Wic and the government to help support their children. Even my husband and I seem to think things are harder without WIC


Do you have any idea where all these goodies come from??? LOL
Yes, for many American women, the government is their husband.
Smart men do not want American women because they do not want a three way with a woman
and the "Other husband" AKA the US government.
Do you really think that the Chinese want to keep on funding such silliness by buying US Treasury bonds? Do you really think that the scam of the fed buying US Treasury bonds with fake printed
money can go on at the rate of a trillion or so a year?

Do you know where the term "Bread and circuses" came from?

Most will continue to vote for whoever promises them "free stuff".

PS- If you are buying baby food for $5 a pound, you are wasting your money. Simply steam soft
some of the regular foods you eat and mash it up with a fork. It is better for the baby than the
crap Gerbers packs in their jars by far. NEWS FLASH! you DO NOT need factory made baby food at all!
You are being scammed! You are throwing away about $ on inferior less nutritious foods
that corporate America has brainwashed you into buying. Its crap!!!

Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2059
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Kradmelder and 4 guests