Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


I have a growing animosity for Churchians.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Cornfed » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:14 am

Apparently church attendance in America began falling as early as the end of the 19th century. To combat this, priests would resort to feminist shaming language in order to get more females to attend, who would then bully their families into joining them. Hence churches over time became natural vehicles to spread the cancer of feminism.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby Bao3niang » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:16 am

Jesus said there owuld be no marriage in heaven, because marriage is just an earthly contract. I believe that when God creates the New Heavens and New Earth, we coudl still be with our spouses in this life, but by then the true spiritual bond would be so perfect and beyond imagination that there would be no more need for marriage, as marriage would be totally dimmed in comparison. Once we enter the new world we will have glorified bodies and everything is going to be different. Now we can only hope.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:22 am
Location: Beijing, China

Re: I have a growing animosity for Churchians.

Postby HouseMD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:57 am

Good post, I feel your pain.

Religion has been corrupted by the elites of the conservative wing. I don't think Jesus would be down with using depleted uranium infused explosive devices to obliterate cities, killing in the name of democracy (profit, really, but let's not get into that), hating homosexuals, or incarceration people endlessly for victimless crimes.

Turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor, forgive thy enemy, it is nearly impossible for the rich to enter heaven- why do the churches not preach these doctrines that are at the very heart of their savior's teachings?
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: I have a growing animosity for Churchians.

Postby fschmidt » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:13 am

HouseMD wrote:Good post, I feel your pain.

Religion has been corrupted by the elites of the conservative wing. I don't think Jesus would be down with using depleted uranium infused explosive devices to obliterate cities, killing in the name of democracy (profit, really, but let's not get into that), hating homosexuals, or incarceration people endlessly for victimless crimes.

Turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor, forgive thy enemy, it is nearly impossible for the rich to enter heaven- why do the churches not preach these doctrines that are at the very heart of their savior's teachings?


How convenient, to cherry pick the conservative deficiencies. The liberal sins of modern Christianity are far worse. As zacb mentioned, no honor in marriage, bias against men, and bitchy women.

I probably have the world's record in being banned from the most forums, so I have a lot of experience in who are the most intolerant moderators, and by far it is Christian women. Modern Christian women are absolute bitches.

Christianity is a good religion, it's too bad Christians don't practice it.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: I have a growing animosity for Churchians.

Postby HouseMD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:21 am

fschmidt wrote:
HouseMD wrote:Good post, I feel your pain.

Religion has been corrupted by the elites of the conservative wing. I don't think Jesus would be down with using depleted uranium infused explosive devices to obliterate cities, killing in the name of democracy (profit, really, but let's not get into that), hating homosexuals, or incarceration people endlessly for victimless crimes.

Turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor, forgive thy enemy, it is nearly impossible for the rich to enter heaven- why do the churches not preach these doctrines that are at the very heart of their savior's teachings?


How convenient, to cherry pick the conservative deficiencies. The liberal sins of modern Christianity are far worse. As zacb mentioned, no honor in marriage, bias against men, and bitchy women.

I probably have the world's record in being banned from the most forums, so I have a lot of experience in who are the most intolerant moderators, and by far it is Christian women. Modern Christian women are absolute bitches.

Christianity is a good religion, it's too bad Christians don't practice it.

I was raised a Southern Baptist, we were pretty serious about men being the head of the household and women being subservient. The bitchy women are more a product of society than their religion. But you are totally right about divorce- literally every member of my family from my grandparents onward has been divorced, myself included. Though it wasn't for lack of trying- I picked a charter for a wife as it turned out.
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: I have a growing animosity for Churchians.

Postby fschmidt » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:32 am

HouseMD wrote:I was raised a Southern Baptist, we were pretty serious about men being the head of the household and women being subservient. The bitchy women are more a product of society than their religion. But you are totally right about divorce- literally every member of my family from my grandparents onward has been divorced, myself included. Though it wasn't for lack of trying- I picked a charter for a wife as it turned out.

Well, I'm not Christian, I'm Jewish. But I studied a little Christian history, so let me try to provide a diagnosis for the affliction of modern Christian women. You are right that the bitchy ideas are a product of society, but the self-righteousness is a product of modern Christianity. Combined the two, and you get a self-righteous bitch which is a really awful thing.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: I have a growing animosity for Churchians.

Postby HouseMD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:38 am

fschmidt wrote:
HouseMD wrote:I was raised a Southern Baptist, we were pretty serious about men being the head of the household and women being subservient. The bitchy women are more a product of society than their religion. But you are totally right about divorce- literally every member of my family from my grandparents onward has been divorced, myself included. Though it wasn't for lack of trying- I picked a charter for a wife as it turned out.

Well, I'm not Christian, I'm Jewish. But I studied a little Christian history, so let me try to provide a diagnosis for the affliction of modern Christian women. You are right that the bitchy ideas are a product of society, but the self-righteousness is a product of modern Christianity. Combined the two, and you get a self-righteous bitch which is a really awful thing.

I agree with your assessment. The entitled and materialistic western culture coupled with prosperity preaching, the overly sexual media paired with a judgemental nature toward all things sexual, a hyper violent media and culture paired with a thou shalt not kill (unless they're terrorists!) message...

Conflicting messages lead to cognitive dissonance, which I believe to be the root of many of society's ills, within Christianity and beyond.
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: I have a growing animosity for Churchians.

Postby fschmidt » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:02 am

HouseMD wrote:I agree with your assessment. The entitled and materialistic western culture coupled with prosperity preaching, the overly sexual media paired with a judgemental nature toward all things sexual, a hyper violent media and culture paired with a thou shalt not kill (unless they're terrorists!) message...

Conflicting messages lead to cognitive dissonance, which I believe to be the root of many of society's ills, within Christianity and beyond.

This all makes sense to me, so maybe we agree on more than I thought. So then what is your solution to the churchian dilema? What do you suggest for someone who wants a moral religion?
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby Jester » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:13 am

Halwick wrote:
"Churchians". An interesting moniker.

I have found Christianity (and most of its variants and sects) and their clergy to be hypocritical.

Take one of the Commandments: "Thou Shalt Not Kill". We are taught that it is immoral to kill, yet the Christians invented the word, "Malicide" which means "killing in the name of God." You'll find more wars have been fought in the name of "God" than any other factor. During World War II, there was a popular song, "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

The Old Testament is full of stories that portrays God not as a loving, forgiving and gentle being, but a vain, vindictive, selfish, sadistic and bloodthirsty being. For example, God's treatment of Job, God turning Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for disobeying Him, and ordering two she-bears to kill children who made fun of Elisha's baldness. These are just a few examples.

The Puritans imposed their sense of "morality" with regards to sex and the resultant is the most psychologically maladjusted people on Earth. They also nearly destroyed the Polynesian culture because it did not conform to their sense of "morality".

Intolerance of other beliefs and ideas: The case of Galileo and other people who contradicted the Catholics are well documented. The Spanish Inquisition and the Puritans killing of innocent people accused of being "witches".

It seems that wherever you have a dominant Catholic Church presence, you'll find poverty, e.g., Latin America and the Philippines. Yet the Catholic Church and the clergy lives in luxury and amasses millions in property.

But you're right....a good idea gone corrupt by misapplication and misinterpretation.



I hate to quibble when I agree with the guy's larger point, but:

Galileo was a believing Catholic Christian, and remained so. He WAS banned from teaching by the university where he was employed. Oh the horror! Non-Christians today don't even want a believing Christian teaching basic Creation.

And re "witches" -- I do NOT know that the idiot PROTESTANTS in Salem hanged the RIGHT perps -- but there certainly WERE witches present there. Read about it. And the coven there certainly survived -- again, easy to google and read about.

Re the Inquisition, it was founded to ferret out the crypto-Moslems and their collaborators the crypto-Jews who continued to infest Spain after their expulsion in 1492. Praise God, it worked. After 800 years of Moslem occupation (with Jew collaboration), finally, Spain remained free.

I realize you guys hear a lot of propaganda, but you have to develop a sense of smell, to detect the bullshit.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Jester » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:18 am

Ghost wrote:
I propose a new term for western "christianity" that reflects it gyno-centric immorality. How about vaginanity?

Churchianity is nothing more than a corruption of something that was once good. It's among the branches of the liberal feminist death cult. And the (false) church does enforce morality...but for men only, of course. That is to say it is not moral at all. Only male adultery is evil. Only male laziness is evil. Only sins done by males count. Maybe this would be the best way to pillage modern culture: become a church leader, start your own church, or whatever. Then you can gain status, p***y, money, and power.



Sadly, Zac, Ghost's tongue-in-cheek suggestion is right. The time has come for men to asert what they believe heedless of the established structures and claptrap.

If you believe, YOU are the "church".
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Heyheyehy

Postby Bao3niang » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Biblical submission is more like loyalty and devotion. It must be out of love, not fear. Also, the church in the 1st century was a gathering of believers, while today it is mainly seen as a building. Read the Book of Acts if you want to find out.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:22 am
Location: Beijing, China

Re: I have a growing animosity for Churchians.

Postby HouseMD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:52 pm

fschmidt wrote:
HouseMD wrote:I agree with your assessment. The entitled and materialistic western culture coupled with prosperity preaching, the overly sexual media paired with a judgemental nature toward all things sexual, a hyper violent media and culture paired with a thou shalt not kill (unless they're terrorists!) message...

Conflicting messages lead to cognitive dissonance, which I believe to be the root of many of society's ills, within Christianity and beyond.

This all makes sense to me, so maybe we agree on more than I thought. So then what is your solution to the churchian dilema? What do you suggest for someone who wants a moral religion?

I study religion on my own nowadays. Organized religion creates self serving power structures that lead inevitably to corruption of doctrines and beliefs for the personal gain of those at the top. I have very much faith in God, but very little in men claiming to speak for him. You can easily find faith with moral grounding, just don't look for it in buildings that sap wealth from the destitute in the name of God.

Read the Bible or Torah or whatever Holy book speaks to you, learn a good deal of history to give it all a proper context, and draw your own conclusions using reason and the holy words before you. Live a good, principled life, and pay for the best as you work hard to earn it. Be the best person you can be, and perhaps, if there is salvation and prosperity to be had, it will be yours. It certainly won't come from listening to the sermons of some thrice divorced fraud in an Armani suit that drives a BMW and asks for 10 percent of your income, all the whole claiming taxation is horrible and evil.
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: I have a growing animosity for Churchians.

Postby fschmidt » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:47 pm

HouseMD wrote:I study religion on my own nowadays. Organized religion creates self serving power structures that lead inevitably to corruption of doctrines and beliefs for the personal gain of those at the top. I have very much faith in God, but very little in men claiming to speak for him. You can easily find faith with moral grounding, just don't look for it in buildings that sap wealth from the destitute in the name of God.

Read the Bible or Torah or whatever Holy book speaks to you, learn a good deal of history to give it all a proper context, and draw your own conclusions using reason and the holy words before you. Live a good, principled life, and pay for the best as you work hard to earn it. Be the best person you can be, and perhaps, if there is salvation and prosperity to be had, it will be yours. It certainly won't come from listening to the sermons of some thrice divorced fraud in an Armani suit that drives a BMW and asks for 10 percent of your income, all the whole claiming taxation is horrible and evil.

Here we really disagree. I consider religion and morality to be worse than useless outside a religious community. Please read this post of mine that explains and tell me what you think.

http://www.biblicjudaism.org/Support-Yo ... -tp42.html
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: I have a growing animosity for Churchians.

Postby HouseMD » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:29 pm

fschmidt wrote:
HouseMD wrote:I study religion on my own nowadays. Organized religion creates self serving power structures that lead inevitably to corruption of doctrines and beliefs for the personal gain of those at the top. I have very much faith in God, but very little in men claiming to speak for him. You can easily find faith with moral grounding, just don't look for it in buildings that sap wealth from the destitute in the name of God.

Read the Bible or Torah or whatever Holy book speaks to you, learn a good deal of history to give it all a proper context, and draw your own conclusions using reason and the holy words before you. Live a good, principled life, and pay for the best as you work hard to earn it. Be the best person you can be, and perhaps, if there is salvation and prosperity to be had, it will be yours. It certainly won't come from listening to the sermons of some thrice divorced fraud in an Armani suit that drives a BMW and asks for 10 percent of your income, all the whole claiming taxation is horrible and evil.

Here we really disagree. I consider religion and morality to be worse than useless outside a religious community. Please read this post of mine that explains and tell me what you think.

http://www.biblicjudaism.org/Support-Yo ... -tp42.html

I do not take all of my spiritual knowledge from biblical teachings. Chief among my acquired beliefs is a belief in karma, be it by God's doing our as a natural law. You get what you give in this world, and by doing good, even in isolation, good things will come to you. Just because the world has gone to shit does not mean I should allow myself to do so as well. Sure, my almost naive belief in always doing the right thing gas cost me here and there. But ultimately, I have gained far more than I have lost. I am well trusted and respected. I sleep well at night and feel content to know that I live a life of purpose and meaning. No matter how awful the world becomes, I will know it has not claimed me as it's victim.

I am happy, content, and live a life of meaning. No life of hedonism could provide me with that. No amount of drugs and sex and superficial pleasure could give me a good night's rest nor a sense of accomplishment. So come hell or high water, I will keep to my morals and God. When I lose them, I will have lost that which makes me a man, rendered no better than an animal.
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nicho12, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests