Why do Asians think America is more open, free, expressive?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is an interesting question to ask Asians who think America is more open and friendly:

If Americans are more open, then how come Asian immigrants in America tend to make friends with only people of their own race? How come most groups in America are of the same race, not mixed? You see this everywhere, even in LA. Obviously, it's because Americans aren't open at all, and do not like to connect with Asian immigrants or become their regular friends. In America, everyone finds a group and then only hangs out with that group. They don't socialize outside of it. That's what a clique is. The bottom line is that Americans are not open with strangers. They aren't even that expressive except when they are on TV or in movies.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
paulo
Freshman Poster

Post by paulo »

zboy1 wrote:Unfortunately, Asians tend to consume all the latest Hollyweird movies, TV shows, and music--and get brainwashed into thinking the U.S. is some kind of 'paradise,' smh...

If only they knew the truth. ...
guys this book answers most questions and is free

oops how do i add a pdf file?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You can't upload a pdf file here or any file. Just upload it to your webspace somewhere and post a link to it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
paulo
Freshman Poster

Post by paulo »

Winston wrote:You can't upload a pdf file here or any file. Just upload it to your webspace somewhere and post a link to it.
I sent to you privately cause I got no webspavce.I tried photobucket but it doesnt take this file on
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I think it is all relative. There is a warm- warmer- the warmest hierarchy in the world.

Forgive me the indecent comparisons below:

Compared with a corpse, a person in coma is warm and active and very much alive.

Compared to a person in coma, a spastic paraplegic is active.

Compared to a paraplegic, a legless person is even more active.

So, an East Asian is a walking corpse but say an American is a person in coma. Ha ha ha.

I don't really mean the above but you get the drift.

An East Asian is extremely cold and robotic. And an Anglo Saxon is a bit less cold and robotic and smiles a bit more and is a bit freer. So, compared to a dour, stiff Japanese, an average American does seem warmer and more open. By a degree.

It's, like, compared to Alaska, Cleveland seems almost tropical, see?

Then, you have Slavs who are warmer yet to whom Anglo Saxons and Germanics seem stiff and cold but to whom E. Asians seem even stiffer and colder yet.

And then you have Latinos who are warmer and more passionate still to whom even Slavs seem very cold.

And then you have Arabs/ Iranians, etc who see even Latinos as cold.

It's all based on the scale you choose.

Many Japanese I met loved it in CA or the US in general and loved the people. They never wanted to go back to the staid Japan. They loved the freedom. Latinos that I met hated it but they hated Japan even more. An Italian girl who was in Japan could not stand it.

Robot, robotter, the robbotest.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
paulo
Freshman Poster

Post by paulo »

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Hit the nail on the head

Comes down to foreigners vs local stranger, applies to any country
Also, depends on what country and what kind of foreigner.

In the US, people will open up only if you are a white person, have a British accent or gentle French one. They love and it will be very helpful and friendly. This is why Brits's faces beam when they tell people about their trip to the US - Oh, Americans! Such hospitality!

Things change if you are of a different color and.or have a thick non British colonial accent of some poorer country's accent. The hospitality will go sharply down replaced with scorn.

Americans only look up to foreign WASPs or Parisians= maybe Scandinavians with gentle accents, and look down on everyone else.

As far as Oriental people in their own country's go, they are taught to respect white people as exotic guests so they treat them nice for a while. You are always a guest and always a foreigner and an American. Always. Just arrived so they want to play host and practice English with you. If you however, are a foreigner from a poorer Asian country- such as a Cambodian in Japan, get ready to be treated like crap.

Filipinos are under the illusion that they are the poorest country on Earth and every foreigner, even a laundryman from Bangladesh earns dollars and is richer than a Filipino. A wacky erroneous teaching that permeates the whole country and helps even Bangladeshis get cute local GFs and wives.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!