None of my fellow Asian American friends want to travel

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

None of my fellow Asian American friends want to travel

Post by Malcolm Z »

At least not to meet women. They don't mind taking some inane cruise where the dabble with families and older people. I am planning a trip to Ukraine in the near future, and when I ask them if they want to go with me they all say no and how it seems much to go to another country to meet women.

I've known these guys since grad school working our asses off in a chemistry lab and putting up with academic hazing to get our worthless phds. They aren't asexual. They like women...the only problem is american women don't like them. Yet they're not willing to be proactive about it. I kind of understand the mentality since in Asia, men do not have to be as aggressive and active about getting dates as they would in America. But if you are still an involuntary virgin at the age of 35, then damn it man let's go to Ukraine and do something about it. Whenever I ask them if they want to go bowling or do something like hiking or camping, they are always enthusiastic about it no matter the cost or time spent. But travel to another country to meet women. "It doesn't feel right. I don't know." Is this conditioning? I am certain they aren't gay and definitely not asexual...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

They combine the worst of both worlds- they are shy and conventional as an Asian should be, and at the same time, they are American ultra-nationalists who consider foreign cultures to be inferior or at least dangerous.

What do you care? You want competition? I sure don't.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

My guess is they're afraid of Ukraine.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

That's why I don't feel sorry for my fellow Asian American men who complain, and yet do nothing to change their situation--like I and many other Asian American men on HappierAbroad--have done.

Ladislav is right: Asian American men combine the worst of two worlds; but he doesn't state the big 'elephant' in the room: the rampant racism of American/Western culture.

I believe all Asian American men should head back to their ancestral homelands; or, at least, any country in Asia. At least there...Asian men will be treated better and will meet many Asian women that want to marry Asian men (unlike Asian American skanks).
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I could never get a single Asian American to travel to Mexico with me, except for one very non-mainstream, non-typical girl. Like Winston said, most of them are hard for non-conformists like us to really connect with, and don't have much sense of adventure.

Thumbs up for the Asian Americans here on HA who did make it out there: Winston, Repatriate, Zboy, and a few others.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Ladislav is right: Asian American men combine the worst of two worlds; but he doesn't state the big 'elephant' in the room: the rampant racism of American/Western culture.
Ah, but that is a given. But they still keep bellowing on militant AA forums all the time against the whitey and others. They should face the music.
I believe all Asian American men should head back to their ancestral homelands; or, at least, any country in Asia. At least there...Asian men will be treated better and will meet many Asian women that want to marry Asian men (unlike Asian American skanks).
Ah, but that is a weird idea to most Americans . You mean they are going to be dating someone whose English is not fluent and living in a developing country whose people only want to marry them for the green card?

It's an outlandish idea. The family worked for generations for them to succeed in the USA and now go back to Asia? America is best. Going to Asia is giving up. So, they join PUA courses, and then work out and spew anti white hatred on AA boards.

It's mostly white people and even black people who go to Asia to get the girl. Isn't it ironic?

In all my years in the PH I met only ONE Filipino American who was dating a local and he may have been foreign born.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

If you go my blog I have a link there for lonewolftraveler.

me and him are basically pioneers of this demographic Asian travelers dabbling in love dynamics (=f***ing girls).

he will release a hong kong guide for Asian men, and I will be releasing the manila guide.

cheers!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

mguy wrote:If you go my blog I have a link there for lonewolftraveler.

me and him are basically pioneers of this demographic Asian travelers dabbling in love dynamics (=f***ing girls).

he will release a hong kong guide for Asian men, and I will be releasing the manila guide.

cheers!
I could try to do one on Indonesia within a few years.

Indonesia is the 4th most populated country in the world, behind (1) China (2) India (3) USA. Unlike the first two, Indonesia does not have a gender imbalance at all, quite like the Philippines. And unlike the USA, people are much friendlier and easier to get to know.

Many people there are also Christian, especially in some eastern parts of the country, while the majority is Muslim, although they're much more moderate and less strict about following traditional Islamic (Sunni) rules than, say, Pakistanis and Saudis in general.

One major reason that Indonesia (outside Bali) is not a super popular destination for Westerners is because it hasn't been heavily trampled over by the American military after World War II. :P

The 5th most populated country is Brazil. We could invite E-Irizarry and SkateboardStephen to do some write-ups on Brazil.

Each country has over 100 million females. That's more than the total population of the Philippines and of Thailand.

There are lots of awesome countries besides the cliché, heavily touristed ones! :D
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ladislav wrote:They combine the worst of both worlds- they are shy and conventional as an Asian should be, and at the same time, they are American ultra-nationalists who consider foreign cultures to be inferior or at least dangerous.

Unfortunately Ladislav is correct. A lot of Asian-Americans are what are called "try-hards." They try hard to fit into American society when the AA men in general aren't all that accepted. This includes adopting a phony ideological morality and false pride. AA women do the same thing but it's different for minority women. Non black Minority women have no shortage of hard up suitors looking to court them.

Only the more well traveled and/or asian-american people with a different life experience can break out of this matrix.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

I think Asian guys got it really tough in the US. I spent a good 20 years in the club scene growing up in Dallas and it was far easier to pick up a Asian girl than a white girl. I could just about have any Asian girl I wanted if I just put in the effort. I think the only thing working in the Asian guys' favor was the fact that not a whole lot of white guys pursued Asian women but that was back then. I think now with the obesity epidemic hitting hard leaving so few thin American white women to choose from , white guys are pursuing Asian girls in far greater numbers these days as Asian girls seem to have a metabolism and eating habits that tend to keep most of them still thin these days.

Bottom line is that white chicks just don't date Asian dudes at all yet most Asian chicks will prefer a white guy over their own Asian guys given the chance to pick. I'm not sayin that's true 100% of the time, just in general. Though an exception is if the Asian girl is a very recent immigrant , those new arrivals will stick with their own. But as they get a little Americanized and adjust to the US culture, they start to prefer white guys.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Repatriate wrote:
ladislav wrote:They combine the worst of both worlds- they are shy and conventional as an Asian should be, and at the same time, they are American ultra-nationalists who consider foreign cultures to be inferior or at least dangerous.

Unfortunately Ladislav is correct. A lot of Asian-Americans are what are called "try-hards." They try hard to fit into American society when the AA men in general aren't all that accepted. This includes adopting a phony ideological morality and false pride. AA women do the same thing but it's different for minority women. Non black Minority women have no shortage of hard up suitors looking to court them.

Only the more well traveled and/or asian-american people with a different life experience can break out of this matrix.
I'd have to disagree with both of you gents here. Is it a chicken or egg dilemma that Asian Americans face.

Is it their fault or is the society in which they live in at fault? Consider why these Asian Americans are desperately trying to fit-in. They are trying to fit in because from the get-go they are rejected. They are Americans in all truest sense of the word, but since their ethnicity is Asian, they are now considered outsiders.

They are just stuck in the racial mix of the USA. The same reason why Asian females go for white guys in the USA. It's the racial environment and they seem to be on the wrong side of the coin. Asian American men will kill it in Asia due to their western orientation (without the neg implications of dating a foreigner) and Asian genetics and culture. The idea of non-foreign association of Asian-Americans Males in Asia in itself is a new racial hypergamous concept born out of the proliferation of a new sex tourist demographic that now permeate asia.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

steve55 wrote:I think Asian guys got it really tough in the US. I spent a good 20 years in the club scene growing up in Dallas and it was far easier to pick up a Asian girl than a white girl. I could just about have any Asian girl I wanted if I just put in the effort. I think the only thing working in the Asian guys' favor was the fact that not a whole lot of white guys pursued Asian women but that was back then. I think now with the obesity epidemic hitting hard leaving so few thin American white women to choose from , white guys are pursuing Asian girls in far greater numbers these days as Asian girls seem to have a metabolism and eating habits that tend to keep most of them still thin these days.

Bottom line is that white chicks just don't date Asian dudes at all yet most Asian chicks will prefer a white guy over their own Asian guys given the chance to pick. I'm not sayin that's true 100% of the time, just in general. Though an exception is if the Asian girl is a very recent immigrant , those new arrivals will stick with their own. But as they get a little Americanized and adjust to the US culture, they start to prefer white guys.
Yet, if Asian men complain, then we are "playing the race card" or "whiners and complainers." Either way, Asian men can't win.

You see, your post illustrates the evils of White supremacy and Western culture to a T. That's why I encourage Asian men to leave the West, and reject those skanky Westernized Asian females for good!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

steve55 wrote:I think Asian guys got it really tough in the US. I spent a good 20 years in the club scene growing up in Dallas and it was far easier to pick up a Asian girl than a white girl. I could just about have any Asian girl I wanted if I just put in the effort. I think the only thing working in the Asian guys' favor was the fact that not a whole lot of white guys pursued Asian women but that was back then. I think now with the obesity epidemic hitting hard leaving so few thin American white women to choose from , white guys are pursuing Asian girls in far greater numbers these days as Asian girls seem to have a metabolism and eating habits that tend to keep most of them still thin these days.

"Correct-o-mundo!" like Samuel L. Jackson +∞
Well slight correction here: Steve, actually the recent immigrant Asian women stick to their own due to language barriers but will deal with anybody whom approaches her with respect and not-as-heavy communication barrier. Like I said before, it was damn-near TRIVIAL getting Asian women in Canada for me whereas here in the U.S. of Gay, it's a damn-near futile task unless I go for a bro lover, which turns me off altogether. LOL
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

mguy wrote:
Repatriate wrote:

I'd have to disagree with both of you gents here. Is it a chicken or egg dilemma that Asian Americans face.

Is it their fault or is the society in which they live in at fault? Consider why these Asian Americans are desperately trying to fit-in. They are trying to fit in because from the get-go they are rejected. They are Americans in all truest sense of the word, but since their ethnicity is Asian, they are now considered outsiders.

They are just stuck in the racial mix of the USA. The same reason why Asian females go for white guys in the USA. It's the racial environment and they seem to be on the wrong side of the coin. Asian American men will kill it in Asia due to their western orientation (without the neg implications of dating a foreigner) and Asian genetics and culture. The idea of non-foreign association of Asian-Americans Males in Asia in itself is a new racial hypergamous concept born out of the proliferation of a new sex tourist demographic that now permeate asia.
I don't want you to misunderstand what i'm saying here..i'm not victim blaming. I think every AA knows the U.S. is severely warped when it comes to how asian-americans and more specifically AA men in general are represented and placed in the social hierarchy. My point is that most AA's are going about it the wrong way when trying to adapt to this harsh reality. Instead of pulling each other up and examining other possibilities you have large numbers of Asian-american people "selling out" and compromising their own personal identity to try and fit in. I've seen the uptight rigid conformism and "more American than America" mentality in many insecure AA's. The way they deal with the problem is by embracing their oppressors and trying to be an even more extreme version.

I believe this is what Ladislav was talking about when he said that a lot of AA's would not even entertain the idea of shifting their social and economic life abroad. This is sadly the case i've encountered too even though a LOT of AA's I know are in high income brackets who could easily do so. An example is one of my high school friends who lives in one of the richest neighborhoods in Southern CA and he's stuck deep in the U.S. matrix. He just won't accept the possibility that there are other realities and social dynamics elsewhere and is content in whining about hard it is socially for him and hanging out with the same people.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

A lot of stereotypical Asian Americans are very conformist and adopt a strange, we're not americans but we're not asians sort of culture, so yes, they have a weird subculture.

Truthfully, they don't really fit in when they go to Asia as well.

But the truth of the matter is--- take any asian (from Japan, Korea, China, SE Asia) and within 3 weeks of living in America (unless they are in a 100% Asian bubble) and they'll start to become more shy, more risk-averse, more quiet, less likely to interact, unless they stick to Asians.

This is why many Asians would prefer to stick to California, or maybe NYC/Canada.

Thus, the majority of Asians are fairly repressed and uncreative-- barring a small percentage, and the ones who are more active tend to come from LA or NYC.