Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


How Can a Man Have Multiple Wives?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How Can a Man Have Multiple Wives?

Postby rudder » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Aren't there laws preventing this? How is it possible that mormon men and a bunch of other men have multiple wives?
rudder
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:38 pm







Re: How Can a Man Have Multiple Wives?

Postby Taco » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:04 am

rudder wrote:Aren't there laws preventing this? How is it possible that mormon men and a bunch of other men have multiple wives?


Technically, these guys are not legally married to their wives, they just live with them. I just wonder if these women can claim their assets if they decide to split?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby momopi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:03 am

Polygamy is illegal in all states (of US), but not all states define bigamy through cohabitation. In some States, including Utah, cohabiting with multiple partners is illegal. However the Utah State Attorney General did not believe in wasting public resources to pursue case against the Brown family from "Sister Wives", where Cody Brown has 4 wives:

Image
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: How Can a Man Have Multiple Wives?

Postby Teal Lantern » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 am

rudder wrote:Aren't there laws preventing this? How is it possible that mormon men and a bunch of other men have multiple wives?


Aside from what's already been mentioned, a bit of land and a few trailer homes.
In some cases, the man serially marries and divorces each woman.
Sometimes, the wives claim to not know who the father of her children are and they get .gov assistance -- double-plus-good money points if any of the kids are "special needs". :twisted:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby Taco » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:22 am

momopi wrote:Polygamy is illegal in all states (of US), but not all states define bigamy through cohabitation. In some States, including Utah, cohabiting with multiple partners is illegal. However the Utah State Attorney General did not believe in wasting public resources to pursue case against the Brown family from "Sister Wives", where Cody Brown has 4 wives:

Image


Just to clarify, in the 1800's there was no law against polygamy that's why Mormons could legally do it then and not now. The people that continue to practice polygamy now are not Mormons since the Mormon church will excommunicate you if your caught. There are about 60 break away factions from the Mormon church every year and many of these people still practice polygamy under the radar but they are no longer members of the Mormon church.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby Halwick » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:25 am

Obviously the western world isn't the place to have multiple wives.

Here's a list of countries where polygamy is legal: (source Wikipedia)
(Nice to see Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore in the list.)

The $64M question is: Can you juggle, afford and satisfy multiple (nymphomanic) wives......and survive with balls intact? If you can...go for it! :P

Recognized under civil law
• Afghanistan
• Algeria
• Bahrain
• Bangladesh
• Brunei
• Burkina Faso
• Cameroon
• Chad
• CAR
• Comoros
• Congo
• Djibouti
• Egypt
• Ethiopia
• Gabon
• The Gambia
• India1
• Indonesia
• Iran
• Iraq
• Jordan
• Kuwait
• Libya
• Malaysia
• Maldives
• Mali
• Mauritania
• Morocco
• Myanmar
• Niger
• Oman
• Pakistan
• Palestine
• Qatar
• Saudi Arabia
• Senegal
• Singapore1
• Somalia
• Sri Lanka1
• Sudan
• Syria
• Tanzania
• Togo
• Uganda
• UAE
• Yemen
• Zambia
Halwick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:39 am
Location: U.S.

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:03 am

Why would you? Some of the stuff on here is really appalling.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby HouseMD » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:35 am

I can't imagine being so desperate after marrying wife number 1 to have some fresh p***y that I'd want a whole second wife. One woman is enough to deal with, either marry one or be single and sleep around, marrying multiple wives is just a recipe for having a bunch of f***ed up kids and a hectic family life.
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Postby rudder » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:58 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of doing it for residency in multiple countries.
rudder
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Postby Teal Lantern » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:20 pm

djfourmoney wrote:Why would you? Some of the stuff on here is really appalling.

:lol: :lol: Pr0n fantasy vs. experience of 24/7 living with women.

rudder wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of doing it for residency in multiple countries.

There are better, smarter, won't-land-you-in-jail ways to get residency.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:23 pm

If you want something official, then yea, you're going to have to go to a country that allows you to have multiple wives as one poster above pointed out.

That said, here in America, men (rich or average) do have concurrent long term relationships with multiple women. It's actually pretty common, but it's something that people just don't talk about because it's taboo.

For example, when I lived in California, it was pretty common for older Mexican men to have one wife here in the States and another wife that no body knew about back in Mexico.

And then for black guys, many black guys have at least 2 baby mama's. My uncle, who is in his 50's has at least 10 kids all who are mostly by different women.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:47 pm

HouseMD wrote:I can't imagine being so desperate after marrying wife number 1 to have some fresh p***y that I'd want a whole second wife. One woman is enough to deal with, either marry one or be single and sleep around, marrying multiple wives is just a recipe for having a bunch of f***ed up kids and a hectic family life.



In the old world, having multiple women and having lots of children was the way to build an empire and leave a legacy.

If I had the money and I was living in Saudi Arabia I would have multiple wives, though I would wait until I was 40ish.

It's not as bad as you think, but it's understandable being that we're Westerners where the institution of marriage is just used as a legal way to exploit men.

In Saudi Arabia the men who have money set it up to where each woman has her own house where she lives with her children and you go from house to house as need be to take care of basic family responsibilities, but in the down time you spend time with your male companions. How cool is that. If one wife starts giving you ***T, all you have to do is hit up the next wife or decide it you're going to hang out with your male buddies.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:56 pm

NorthAmericanguy wrote:If you want something official, then yea, you're going to have to go to a country that allows you to have multiple wives as one poster above pointed out.

That said, here in America, men (rich or average) do have concurrent long term relationships with multiple women. It's actually pretty common, but it's something that people just don't talk about because it's taboo.

For example, when I lived in California, it was pretty common for older Mexican men to have one wife here in the States and another wife that no body knew about back in Mexico.

And then for black guys, many black guys have at least 2 baby mama's. My uncle, who is in his 50's has at least 10 kids all who are mostly by different women.


Have you seen these women though? Sure there plenty of niccas with multiple children but they didn't marry any of these women. Since I am not the typical Black person, I have no idea what is in these men's heads. Other than since most men are relatively poor by our standards and believe getting as much p***y as you can get is a sign of success.

But honestly, these women even if they are dark skin are not pretty at all and there's no way I would be caught f***ing or having offspring with women like this.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:57 pm

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
HouseMD wrote:I can't imagine being so desperate after marrying wife number 1 to have some fresh p***y that I'd want a whole second wife. One woman is enough to deal with, either marry one or be single and sleep around, marrying multiple wives is just a recipe for having a bunch of f***ed up kids and a hectic family life.



In the old world, having multiple women and having lots of children was the way to build an empire and leave a legacy.

If I had the money and I was living in Saudi Arabia I would have multiple wives, though I would wait until I was 40ish.

It's not as bad as you think, but it's understandable being that we're Westerners where the institution of marriage is just used as a legal way to exploit men.

In Saudi Arabia the men who have money set it up to where each woman has her own house where she lives with her children and you go from house to house as need be to take care of basic family responsibilities, but in the down time you spend time with your male companions. How cool is that. If one wife starts giving you ***T, all you have to do is hit up the next wife or decide it you're going to hang out with your male buddies.


Sounds like a full-time job to me...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby jtest28 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:49 pm

How can a man get multiple wives? Actually, its simple, women want men who are already taken. . . They will pass up a man who is single, because "you know, he just has to be a loser, no other woman wants him right? But this married man over here. . . . Something seems intreging about him". Yeah, you simple-minded, dumb bitch, women want what other women have. . .
jtest28
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:49 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests