A message from Melissa to the HA forum

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Hello all. as a result of Mel, feeling a bit miffed being compared to Helen Hunt, she wants to put out a different image ...

This is how she wants to be seen, a more mature version of Boston area's rock singer, Kay Hanley, from the band, 'Letters to Cleo'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w2YLdjxS_M

Ok, she looks a bit like Kay but I'll insist that she's somewhere between Kay, Helen Hunt, and Melissa Etheridge. Really, no one looks exactly like some else.
So THIS is the woman who did Team Rose's theme in Sonic Heroes...
I believe so, but not with the Boston band, 'Letters to Cleo'. She's got a recognizable squeaky voice and is not very impressive, unlike let's say Shirley Manson from Garbage, who's got some deep & intense vocals. Unfortunately, Shirley doesn't look like the girl next door, as Kay, but more like a roving serial killer/whack job.

Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

WGTOW. That's a new one. Maybe it'll catch on.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

S_Parc wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Hello all. as a result of Mel, feeling a bit miffed being compared to Helen Hunt, she wants to put out a different image ...

This is how she wants to be seen, a more mature version of Boston area's rock singer, Kay Hanley, from the band, 'Letters to Cleo'.

Ok, she looks a bit like Kay but I'll insist that she's somewhere between Kay, Helen Hunt, and Melissa Etheridge. Really, no one looks exactly like some else.
I believe so, but not with the Boston band, 'Letters to Cleo'. She's got a recognizable squeaky voice and is not very impressive, unlike let's say Shirley Manson from Garbage, who's got some deep & intense vocals. Unfortunately, Shirley doesn't look like the girl next door, as Kay, but more like a roving serial killer/whack job.

I didn't think you eveer heard of that game. Your post was the first time a face has been put to the voice of that song.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:So THIS is the woman who did Team Rose's theme in Sonic Heroes...

I didn't think you eveer heard of that game. Your post was the first time a face has been put to the voice of that song.
It's the other way around, ppl in Boston talk about Kay but then, after 'Letters to Cleo', she went onto other projects. Since I haven't been that interested in Boston artists for much of the past decade, I'm not sure of where she's at these days.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

S_Parc wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:

This is the song in question from Kay Hanley.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:This is the song in question from Kay Hanley.
Yeah, I'd heard it before.

Her voice is kinda weak, not much range, no power, and lacks maturity.

AB discussion thread