Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Toughest cities in the USA to find a job

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby ph » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:18 am

Speaking of going and moving abroad, I actually have been planning on it for a while now. And someday I'd plan to.

Though at this stage, because I am not developed professionally nor in my career yet, Im not ready.

So it will be back to the USA after I will be done and out of this country, China for a long time. Being back there is a start. I wish other countries like Oz, Europe but at this stage, Im not there yet.

Forget living in China. If we thought USA is competitive, has a declining middle class, China is worst- its a overworking culture that has even more uneven growth and development. At least we could be fortunate that USA is one of the great countries in the world.
ph
Freshman Poster

Postby ph » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 am

On the other hand, I think if anyone could survive day to day in China, esp the big cities there, NYC or these cities on the east coast probably isn't that different. Except there is a strong foundation of law and freedom and liberty and rights. Different energy as well
ph
Freshman Poster

Postby SilverEnergy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:53 pm

tre wrote:Having rental properties is a gamble these days as well. My parents and my brother are landlords and it's a pain in the a**. It's hard to find good renters even now and it's hard to keep rental properties filled with paying renters. It is very possible to make $$ doing this, especially if you have rental properties in college or tourist areas. It is true that many wealthy people do this right now. However, when the economy collapses...people won't have $$ to pay rent. What then? The landlord will have 2 choices: 1) Kick everyone out (after going through all the pain in the a** procedures for months) or 2) Let them live in the house for free so that the renters don't vandalize the house. My parents and brother have decided that they will have to do the latter in order to avoid vandalism to their properties and perhaps get some favors (work) from the renters at very least. This would only work for them as they OWN the properties...absolutely no debt. If you purchased properties through so-called "good debt" you'd end up losing them when you couldn't pay your creditors.

While it is true that there are many ways to make $$ and be successful in America today, most of it will go away in the event of an economic collapse. The richest of the rich will find ways to stay rich, but the rest of us will have to find ways to just survive...which will be quite an accomplishment in the USA in the future. Donald Trump has sold out to The Elite, as have many of the ultra rich. They want their ticket to remain rich and will do what they have to (no matter how messed up) in order to keep their status. They are definitely child's play in comparison to the true Elite, but they have influence that most of us will never have. They will be maintained and kept for that purpose...

I agree with much of what has been said, but comparisons can't really be made between today's America and America in the future. Nothing will be the same in the event of an economic collapse. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out of the country to live before it happens as it could happen any day, but I'm working on it. In the meantime, food storage, precious metal buying, gun/ammo purchases, etc are all on the agenda as well....as soon as I can manage it. I've already started the food supply, but much more to be done...

That said, I WOULD like to buy a property and rent it out for profit. If I could do it now, I would. Provided that I could get the Interest Only loan (It will take at least 2 years to qualify as I have to knock down considerable debt first), I could buy a place near a college or tourist area. When the economy finally collapses, I'd lose the place of course as I'd have no rental income if people can't pay. However, at least I could make some profit while I still had it....before the collapse. I don't know if this would all work or not as I can't really plan for it in the near future, but I've been toying with the idea...

If you're not prepared to take risks in life, you'll never do anything great.......that's life.

You need to get a good real estate agent or realtor to help you find good tenants and then hire a property manager to manage your property to take a lot of load off your back.

Because someone else will take the opportunity.

Many people would kill to be successful in real estate.

That leaves more property for me to invest in.

That's why you put your wealth in gold, silver, oil and gas because it will preserve your wealth once the market collapse happens.

You get your money from your business or job and you put that money in investments.

Real estate is a hedge against inflation.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Postby loops77 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:02 am

The wealthy take advantage of debt as long as they are sure that they will get great returns from taking it out. They also leverage their money to others instead of storing it all in the bank at 2 percent. This is the key to wealth that many people don;t get. Making a lot of money is important, but lending out that money so that their money works for them is very important as well. And an easy way to do that is through real estate investment.

deasil875 wrote:
If you live in America, you have 2 choices, either to be part of the rich or be part of the poor, since the middle class is disappearing.

A return to the Middle Ages of Feudalism? No thanks. I'll bail out abroad before I become part of Mexico 2.0

Real estate investing stays strong in bad and good markets, especially in bad markets.

Real estate has no intrinsic value past its raw land + construction costs. The only reason it has the value it does is because it is pegged to the boom-bust cycles of fiat currency. It's all about where the market (buyers/sellers) says its worth.

Putting your trust in capital gains is stupid.

Agreed. However was making an illustrative point about how this is one of the reasons why the US is experiencing stagflation -- the excessive taxation on investment that is driving away businesses.

The good ole days of stocks, bonds and mutual funds are over.

Again, agreed.

Use other peoples' money to invest in real estate.

Ah yes, good ol' OPM = DEBT. Rehashed and vapid academic garbage by your garden variety broke finance professor. Debt is not a tool used by the wealthy to created prosperity unlike what we are led to believe. Debt brings on enough risk to offset any advantage that could be gained through leverage of debt in the long term.

Invest for CASH FLOW which will sustain you in good and bad markets, which is how you should invest in real estate.

House of cards, and my point made right above here confirms this.

Invest in silver and gold because all fiat currency around the world will eventually collapse and gold and silver will increase in price as we near hyperinflation.

I agree 110%. And have already done that. More people need to be doing this to protect their purchasing power and savings.

The rich don't make excuses and most of them are doing just fine in this market.

What point are you trying to make here? I'm sorry to say but you sound like one of those typical brainwashed hyped up, starry eyed people that attend weekend Real Estate Donald Trump style seminar classes. Sure! The American rich are doing just fine. They can afford to continue to stick their head in the sand while the world around them goes to shit. Most are self-involved, self-preserving opportunist blueblood snobby assholes who don't give a f**k about humanity or their fellow man. They have all they money in the world, what they are after is power and power over. That's their aphrodisiac.

Either adapt in this economy or you're toast no matter how unfair the system might be.

I don't wish to play the game and sacrifice my ethics, principles and moral compass in what can become a Mad Max world. I've voted with my feet. America is a hellhole thru and thru and I'm getting the f**k out of here.

Keep in mind that the collapse will happen world wide, no matter where you live.

Well aware of this. Thanks for stating the obvious. One can only improve their chances of riding a collapse by strategically relocating and preparing accordingly.

Because no currency in the world is backed by anything and will come to its true value of zero like all fiat currency has done throughout history.

You contradicted yourself. Real estate, being that its pegged to a fiat currency will lose its value as well. The wealthy can enjoy holding onto their precious, worthless buildings and McMansions after SHTF, and they've been looted by marauders, gangs and thugs.
loops77
Freshman Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:15 am

Cost of Living is high in California, why do you think I've spent so much of my time living with my parents and only moved out when I had dual incomes (mine and my ex)?

That's because min wage jobs (or those close too it) don't cut it. Unless you move out to the boonies or Central California its going to be expensive.

So liberal Governments suck huh?

Nine times out of ten this is coming from a White guy, I wonder why that is? Yet we have Oscar Grant's killer out of jail after spending less than two years in jail.

Now who should be upset? I am really getting tired of White men whining about sh*t. Baaa baa the Government sucks it supports women with WIC, EBT and Section 8 and we men don't get shit. Then I have some White dude tell me he's the wrong color to get social benefits, yeah I've repeated that story more than once because I know good and well its not an isolated incident and this constant bitchin about liberal Government proves my point.

How come I gotta be the Black guy to tell the White dudes to stop bitchin about jobs and looking for somebody to give you one, to instead to focus and create one for yourself?

This is that notion that relocating to somewhere in the US will be that magic pill that solves all your dam problems, well that's not going to happen. Unless you have STEM job skills or wanna work in the oil fields of South Dakota, the only jobs for you are at Walmart, Target, Burger King and Pizza Hut (Service Sector).

I thought Tre's brother was having problems finding workers for his company? Why not give him a ring?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:20 am

ph wrote:Speaking of going and moving abroad, I actually have been planning on it for a while now. And someday I'd plan to.

Though at this stage, because I am not developed professionally nor in my career yet, Im not ready.

So it will be back to the USA after I will be done and out of this country, China for a long time. Being back there is a start. I wish other countries like Oz, Europe but at this stage, Im not there yet.

Forget living in China. If we thought USA is competitive, has a declining middle class, China is worst- its a overworking culture that has even more uneven growth and development. At least we could be fortunate that USA is one of the great countries in the world.

So that's why China is a bad idea? Sigh, roll eyes.... Whatever dude if that's what you think who I am I to stop ya.

I know of at least two business opportunities in China and jobs with companies that require native English speakers.

Na but the beat goes on, just like my love, everlasting....
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions