True forced loneliness vs. PUA: Which is more valid?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

True forced loneliness vs. PUA: Which is more valid?

Post by Malcolm Z »

I don't subscribe to any one set of beliefs in its entirety. Instead I believe everyone has a unique perspective based on their life and hardships. It's better to pick and choose tenets rather than devote yourself blindly to just one complete set of thinking. But out of these two belief systems, which would you say is more valid?

Would a deformed cripple ever be able to find love in this new generation? What about someone who is short and suffers from burn scars?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

No real man would ultimately choose either.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

HouseMD wrote:No real man would ultimately choose either.
Bingo!

But if I had to choose, I would choose PUA over TFL, because I don't think becoming a hermit is the right way to go...
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

I wouldn't say PUA is bad if done properly.

The main point of PUA is to approach as many women as possible and to work to improve yourself. Of course, it is full of con-artists who try to cheat you, but there are some truths in it.

I think stubborness and a refusal to quit along with knowing when you need to change tactics will lead to success;
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

The real question, in the final equation, is not lonely or hooking up, but proper risk management. I had my share of girls when I was young, in the military, and after the war. But as I hit my 30's, I realized that American women are batshit insane. I could have been stuck with crippling child support payments (for kids that were not mine), or almost arrested due to false accusations (probably the straw that broke the camels back), but I dodged those bullets, and learned my lesson. By age 32, I decided to pack my bags and head off to Eastern Europe for a few years.

As far as PUA, the theory is simply variations on successfully sticking your dick in a fan. The best decision is to simply avoid sticking your dick in a fan. No matter how well you do it, the risks are always too high.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:
Bingo!

But if I had to choose, I would choose PUA over TFL, because I don't think becoming a hermit is the right way to go...
Yeah but a man can only take so much false hope and disappointment before he gives up. Especially with the victim-blaming nature of PUA.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

TopSpruce wrote:I wouldn't say PUA is bad if done properly.

The main point of PUA is to approach as many women as possible and to work to improve yourself. Of course, it is full of con-artists who try to cheat you, but there are some truths in it.

I think stubborness and a refusal to quit along with knowing when you need to change tactics will lead to success;
+1

PUA can be good. I did it for a while, but in the grand scheme of things, you will most likely return to your core personality and what is natural for you.

The fact is that it's a numbers game. You can do everything right and still not get the girl. But you will waste a lot of time and energy discovering this.

Do people get what they want when doing PUA? Sure. But you really have to experience a lot of failure and a lot of BS.

I do think that it's far better than being forever alone. If international travel wasn't an option, I would still be balls deep in PUA now. No point though really since I couldn't care less about one night stands and casual hookups (I could just get a hooker for that). Also, I'd prefer not to date a girl that I have to change my personality so severely for to get her. Sometimes, you just have to have enough self respect to say "This isn't worth it".
Last edited by Maverick on November 30th, 2013, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Winston wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
Bingo!

Yeah but a man can only take so much false hope and disappointment before he gives up. Especially with the victim-blaming nature of PUA.
I have been realizing this a lot about PUA.

I just had a recent situation with a girl where things got really screwed up. I posted on a PUA site just asking for feedback. They sh*tted on me, saying that it was 100% my fault and, because I'm the man, I have to lead the interaction, while knowing exactly how she feels, and "maintaining my alpha frame". She did stupid things too though. So it wasn't completely my fault, maybe 50/50.

One guy even said "It sounds like you're just trying to be yourself." I was like WHATTTT! Yes I am. What's wrong with that? Crazy.

Of course, because she's a girl and has tons and tons of options, she held it against me and is now playing games.

Bottom line: PUA blames the guy for EVERYTHING. The girl has no fault. I understand their desire to feel in control in a situation where they ultimately have very little, but they don't realize that they are the ultimate p*ssy beggers and are very beta, changing their personalities to fit the woman's desires. What do they expect when they get married (if that's what they desire)? Eventually, their true self will come out and then what?
Archangel_hawksnest
Freshman Poster

Re: True forced loneliness vs. PUA: Which is a more valid?

Post by Archangel_hawksnest »

TFL is not a choice it is basically involuntary celibacy or incel . the PUA community tells guys all they need is confidence and use their techniques and they will be successful with women. sorry it doesn't work like that. this is why the PUA community has such a bad reputation in the MRA/MGTOW community and with men who have trouble getting women. they put out false information for a price
and if you are not successful it is chalked up to it's just your fault. when the obvious is probably the real answer.
if a woman doesn't like you it probably is
because she doesn't find you physically attractive. but most women will never say that to your face.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 1st, 2020, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Re: True forced loneliness vs. PUA: Which is more valid?

Post by Jeremy »

The TFL movement would have more credibility if its mascot weren't some 500 lb. guy on welfare. A lot of us are in great shape with no obvious deformities and possess normal social skills, but that's not good enough for remotely fuckable women nowadays.

As for PUA, well, it's an obvious money-making scam / elaborate troll job. Notice how its proponents always speak in extremely vague terms? That's how you know they're full of shit. In reality, dsr success just boils down to face, numbers game, and location.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

I saw some love shy / incel video lately and all the men portrayed were decent looking with normal jobs. I guess they rule is 80 percent of women going for the top 20 percent is about right.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Jeremy wrote:The TFL movement would have more credibility if its mascot weren't some 500 lb. guy on welfare. A lot of us are in great shape with no obvious deformities and possess normal social skills, but that's not good enough for remotely fuckable women nowadays.

As for PUA, well, it's an obvious money-making scam / elaborate troll job. Notice how its proponents always speak in extremely vague terms? That's how you know they're full of shit. In reality, dsr success just boils down to face, numbers game, and location.
In some way you got it right when you critizise the TFL choice of their mascot because they underestimate the problem and makes believe only very ugly overweight basement type guys are incel.
That's far from the true..a man can only be timid and he will have a lot of probability to be incel for a long time.
The guy is unemployed,has a poor social circle..he will be in a position to remain incel for a long time.

Now there is a tendancy in France to talk about the sexuality of disabled people..how that's wrong that they don't have access to a normal sexuality.
Well it's just moronic discussion in my opinion because how fix the disabled sexuality problem if even guys who are not disabled have hard trouble to even find a girlfriend.

This disabled propaganda is only their way to cover the real deal by implying non disabled people have a colorful affective and sexual life.
Far away from the true especially for men.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

No one is forced into loneliness unless he's incarcerated. Loneliness is a choice. So is "going your own way". I go my own way too... only my own way includes and wife and family, friends and happiness. PUA is a scam, and those TFL (Truly Fat Losers) are the group that most often falls victim to their BS scams. Both suck balls and both are uninteresting to me, or any other healthy male who seeks to truly improve himself and enjoy life on a less shallow and superficial level.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Jeremy wrote:The TFL movement would have more credibility if its mascot weren't some 500 lb. guy on welfare. A lot of us are in great shape with no obvious deformities and possess normal social skills, but that's not good enough for remotely fuckable women nowadays.

TFL was first coined by my friend Bill Greathouse. It was a philosphy or a set of ideas...it was merely noticing that 80% of the women were chasing 20% of the men and that left a lot of men without even the chance of finding a wife to start a family with. That is what TFL is all about.

That some guys are making it out to be different or more is just that...some guys making it out to be more. Bill has made thousands of videos....you can get the story from the horses mouth.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!