Why do white guys do this around women?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Why do white guys do this around women?

Post by Repatriate »

I was at an expat hangout in Bangkok because I had a craving for a burger and fries. This joint had probably 90% expat or tourist customers and they were all white. It wasn't a high class place by any means but they had OK burgers. One lone white scandinavian girl walked in and she was probably a 6 at best. She was skinny, short, and not very shapely. However immediately you saw the white American co-owner of the establishment and every swinging dick white guy fawning over her.

Then after awhile you would see them all jockeying and cockblocking each other just to talk with this one fairly average looking european white girl. You could see the intense competition and mangina behavior come out full force over just this one girl. It was amazing..it was like I was in a club atmosphere in the U.S. or something.

I noticed a lot of white guys tend to do that though..whenever a half-way decent girl is around they start sharpening the knives to backstab each other and cockblock furiously. The only asians I know who cockblock hard are Koreans and that's only with foreign guys and Korean women. I rarely if ever see any other asians do it in any scenario. I've never seen Thais do it at all.

So why is this?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I don't think it is a white thing. More of an Anglosphere thing. Men do it because it is necessary if you want to be the one scoring the skanks in many circumstances. Slut/PUA society not only turns females into scum. It ends up turning men into scum as well.
navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

One lone white scandinavian girl walked in and she was probably a 6 at best. She was skinny, short, and not very shapely. However immediately you saw the white American co-owner of the establishment and every swinging dick white guy fawning over her.

Then after awhile you would see them all jockeying and cockblocking each other just to talk with this one fairly average looking european white girl. You could see the intense competition and mangina behavior come out full force over just this one girl. It was amazing..it was like I was in a club atmosphere in the U.S. or something.
My hypothesis is that, while there could be a degree of cultural influence, scenarios like these are a direct consequence of there existing a scarcity of desirable young females and a surplus of men (of all ages) vying for their attention. I would be surprised if this happens nearly as often in places where "surplus males" have been killed off in wars. You mentioned that you don't notice this phenomenon anywhere in Asia outside of Korea. What about China? This would be a good place to test my hypothesis due to the obvious male surplus that was created by the one-child policy.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

navigator wrote:
One lone white scandinavian girl walked in and she was probably a 6 at best. She was skinny, short, and not very shapely. However immediately you saw the white American co-owner of the establishment and every swinging dick white guy fawning over her.

My hypothesis is that, while there could be a degree of cultural influence, scenarios like these are a direct consequence of there existing a scarcity of desirable young females and a surplus of men (of all ages) vying for their attention. I would be surprised if this happens nearly as often in places where "surplus males" have been killed off in wars. You mentioned that you don't notice this phenomenon anywhere in Asia outside of Korea. What about China? This would be a good place to test my hypothesis due to the obvious male surplus that was created by the one-child policy.
Chinese men don't act like this either, except when it comes to foreigners and Chinese women. But among Chinese men and how they treat other Asian men, they don't display this kind of stupidity.

Interestingly enough, I think Chinese females cockblock more than Chinese men do, LOL. You will see Chinese female friends frequently block attempts by men to pick women up--especially when their in a group!
navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

zboy1 wrote:
navigator wrote:

Chinese men don't act like this either, except when it comes to foreigners and Chinese women. But among Chinese men and how they treat other Asian men, they don't display this kind of stupidity.

Interestingly enough, I think Chinese females cockblock more than Chinese men do, LOL. You will see Chinese female friends frequently block attempts by men to pick women up--especially when their in a group!
Hmm, there goes that theory. It looks like in China's case, there is enough solidarity among men that they don't engage in the type of cockblocking, backstabbing, one-upsmanship, and aggressiveness towards other males that you see in places like the U.S. where such solidarity is practically non-existent.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do white guys do this around women?

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:I was at an expat hangout in Bangkok because I had a craving for a burger and fries. This joint had probably 90% expat or tourist customers and they were all white. It wasn't a high class place by any means but they had OK burgers. One lone white scandinavian girl walked in and she was probably a 6 at best. She was skinny, short, and not very shapely. However immediately you saw the white American co-owner of the establishment and every swinging dick white guy fawning over her.

I noticed a lot of white guys tend to do that though..whenever a half-way decent girl is around they start sharpening the knives to backstab each other and cockblock furiously. The only asians I know who cockblock hard are Koreans and that's only with foreign guys and Korean women. I rarely if ever see any other asians do it in any scenario. I've never seen Thais do it at all.

So why is this?
Wait a minute. Isn't this the same forum where white guys in Asia used to talk about how desperate and pathetic white girls become once they go to Thailand or certain other Asian locals, how the balance of power shifts so much in their (man's) favor, and how the white girls just can't hold a candle to the Asian girls.

I always pegged that kind of talk as wishful hype from bitter passed over white guys. White girls are the queens almost everywhere they go. I can understand this dynamic with the hotter chicks from E. and W. Europe and even Anglo countries. But if they are average looking, guys are giving the way to much premium for their exotic appeal.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Why do white guys do this around women?

Post by OutWest »

Repatriate wrote:I was at an expat hangout in Bangkok because I had a craving for a burger and fries. This joint had probably 90% expat or tourist customers and they were all white. It wasn't a high class place by any means but they had OK burgers. One lone white scandinavian girl walked in and she was probably a 6 at best. She was skinny, short, and not very shapely. However immediately you saw the white American co-owner of the establishment and every swinging dick white guy fawning over her.

So why is this?

I think you have your own answer. You used the term white "guys" vs white men. Men have better things to do than fawn over some 3rd rate white girl in an obsequious manner.
The term "guys" best describes semi-males, or semi-men...and had become an important descriptor
of the androgynous little he-bitches infesting the West.

OUtwest
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

i think it comes from the individualistic culture. i don´t think in traditional cultures it was acceptable to pick up women so people didn´t to not lose face. with the girls getting more freedom the pick up competition starts.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

It's a simple combination of western competitiveness with perceived scarcity. Only white guys that view sex as scarce do that sort of shit. I even used to do it when I was a lot younger and stupider than I am now. But then I grew up and realized there will always be more p***y, so don't throw your bros under the bus. Only desperate guys will do that. Women can tell too- I bet she either went home with none of the tryhard cockblockers, and if she went home with anyone it was the guy giving her the last initial interest.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: Wait a minute. Isn't this the same forum where white guys in Asia used to talk about how desperate and pathetic white girls become once they go to Thailand or certain other Asian locals, how the balance of power shifts so much in their (man's) favor, and how the white girls just can't hold a candle to the Asian girls.

I always pegged that kind of talk as wishful hype from bitter passed over white guys. White girls are the queens almost everywhere they go. I can understand this dynamic with the hotter chicks from E. and W. Europe and even Anglo countries. But if they are average looking, guys are giving the way to much premium for their exotic appeal.
It tends to be the younger 20 something/early 30 something white expats who act like manginas the most. I think the old guys are the ones who start talking about how white women can't hold a candle etc.. because they are permanently out of the dating pool for these types of women. However, I bet if a somewhat decent looking white women came their way and flirted a bit they'd melt too. It's kind of sad really. There is little common principle or respect left between western white american men and women. It seems to be all based on hypergamy.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

zboy1 wrote:
navigator wrote:

That happen to me when a Danish girl pulled me on the dancefloor in Ukraine (Kiev). After about 5-10 mins, her friends would drag her back to their table.

She got up and went after me again, they pulled her back to their table. I was offended they kept dragging her back to their table, so we left.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote: Wait a minute. Isn't this the same forum where white guys in Asia used to talk about how desperate and pathetic white girls become once they go to Thailand or certain other Asian locals, how the balance of power shifts so much in their (man's) favor, and how the white girls just can't hold a candle to the Asian girls.

It tends to be the younger 20 something/early 30 something white expats who act like manginas the most. I think the old guys are the ones who start talking about how white women can't hold a candle etc.. because they are permanently out of the dating pool for these types of women. However, I bet if a somewhat decent looking white women came their way and flirted a bit they'd melt too. It's kind of sad really. There is little common principle or respect left between western white American men and women. It seems to be all based on hypergamy.
Maybe they are tired of short, dark prostitutes from Pattaya?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:I don't think it is a white thing. More of an Anglosphere thing. Men do it because it is necessary if you want to be the one scoring the skanks in many circumstances. Slut/PUA society not only turns females into scum. It ends up turning men into scum as well.
No; it is purely a white guy thing. Some white guys overcompensate due to issues of sexual inadequacy by engaging in this behavior. What they do not realize is that women pick up on that inadequacy and are repulsed by it.

I personally have had white guys pull this and it backfired because the woman and I had a laugh, and I walked away with the phone number.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Cornfed wrote:I don't think it is a white thing. More of an Anglosphere thing. Men do it because it is necessary if you want to be the one scoring the skanks in many circumstances. Slut/PUA society not only turns females into scum. It ends up turning men into scum as well.
No; it is purely a white guy thing. Some white guys overcompensate due to issues of sexual inadequacy by engaging in this behavior. What they do not realize is that women pick up on that inadequacy and are repulsed by it.

I personally have had white guys pull this and it backfired because the woman and I had a laugh, and I walked away with the phone number.
I have met black men who are all kinds of things, good and bad, but I have met very few who
are the obsequious little he-bitches so common among American "guys".