Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Winston meets a stripper who seems like a gem! No joke!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:54 am

Banano wrote:http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com/funding.html

"Each time I set out to make a video clip, photograph or film a project, I pay my own money to do so, the majority of time with an American Express card. In addition to transportation costs, I must also pay for food, accommodation, insurance, cameras, lenses, memory cards, photo storage, film and film development (yes, I do sometimes still shoot film), computer upgrades, printing, website hosting, marketing, and equipment maintenance costs. Covering these costs, whether local or international, as well as my living expenses, is often difficult.

I am a father, husband, and photojournalist, and my time is in limited supply. Every project I engage in costs hundreds and thousands of dollars to produce"



I think he shouldn't be asking for money, somehow it doesn't sit right with me. SEA is cheap , if he is really successful abroad then there is no need to go that low.
His wife works, he makes money too and lives in cheapest country in the world.

AiBs videos are informative, no doubt, but they can be done with smartphone, furthermore, transportation, food and accommodation are dirt cheap.
It is possible that AiB is struggling financially or just trying his luck


For once I agree with you. If he has to ask for donations like that on his page, then he obviously isn't a successful expat and must be struggling financially. Either that, or he is seeing if he can freeload off others.

There is no justification for it either. Anyone can go outside in the local area and take a few videos and upload them. It doesn't cost anything, and transportation is cheap in SEA. His videos are mostly short clips of various stuff. His longer videos are of him talking and giving advice. I haven't seen any major projects that would cost a lot of money. Certainly not "thousands of dollars" as he claims. WTF?

How has he claimed to make a living in Thailand? I mean what does he claim that he does there?

He also has a paid personal consultation service, if anyone is interested.

http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com/cons ... rvice.html
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby Rock » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Winston wrote:
Banano wrote:http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com/funding.html

"Each time I set out to make a video clip, photograph or film a project, I pay my own money to do so, the majority of time with an American Express card. In addition to transportation costs, I must also pay for food, accommodation, insurance, cameras, lenses, memory cards, photo storage, film and film development (yes, I do sometimes still shoot film), computer upgrades, printing, website hosting, marketing, and equipment maintenance costs. Covering these costs, whether local or international, as well as my living expenses, is often difficult.

I am a father, husband, and photojournalist, and my time is in limited supply. Every project I engage in costs hundreds and thousands of dollars to produce"



I think he shouldn't be asking for money, somehow it doesn't sit right with me. SEA is cheap , if he is really successful abroad then there is no need to go that low.
His wife works, he makes money too and lives in cheapest country in the world.

AiBs videos are informative, no doubt, but they can be done with smartphone, furthermore, transportation, food and accommodation are dirt cheap.
It is possible that AiB is struggling financially or just trying his luck


For once I agree with you. If he has to ask for donations like that on his page, then he obviously isn't a successful expat and must be struggling financially. Either that, or he is seeing if he can freeload off others.

There is no justification for it either. Anyone can go outside in the local area and take a few videos and upload them. It doesn't cost anything, and transportation is cheap in SEA. His videos are mostly short clips of various stuff. His longer videos are of him talking and giving advice. I haven't seen any major projects that would cost a lot of money. Certainly not "thousands of dollars" as he claims. WTF?

How has he claimed to make a living in Thailand? I mean what does he claim that he does there?

He also has a paid personal consultation service, if anyone is interested.

http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com/cons ... rvice.html


I think he's done all kinds of things over the years. We know he's been a fight trainer and sponsor in some of his past lives. I think he may have also done some import/export but not sure. It used to be a lot easier to make fast money in SE Asia for an expat with a bit of an entrepreneurial bent and willingness to take some risks. But information arbitrage opportunities have been reduced so much. And being an expat in Thailand (esp. Bangkok) is not really special as it once was. It's one of most popular destinations on the planet. So I reckon it's a lot tougher for him to make good money there than it once was.

AiB seems to be a guy with generally good intentions who likes to share his rich experiences and advice with about anyone who will listen. But he also seems to have a hothead and perhaps being directly involved in the fighting business for years has made that worse. Very much in his favor also is that he appears to be a stand-up dad who is working hard to raise his kids well and be there for his family. When I met him the one time, he asked that we meet at a hospital near his home in case his kids need him spur of the moment for anything.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Winston » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:26 am

So why did AiB leave? Just because he was banned for making violent threats? He broke the rules and crossed the line. So it is understandable why he received a temporary ban. What is his rationale? Does he think he is above the law and should be allowed to get away with any behavior here? If so, then he has issues and is delusional.

Anyone who breaks rules should expect to be temporarily banned. That's a normal thing. I don't know why that was the straw that broke the camels back for him, especially since it was justified. Why did he take that so personally? The guys is obviously not reasonable and is very immature to take such a reasonable thing so personally. Deep down he must be very insecure and fragile, beneath that tough exterior.

Some people are just illogical and don't make sense. Mature men and real friends always apologize and compromise after disputes. This guy has low EQ and bad social skills it seems. He won't even talk his issues over in a reasonable fashion.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Banano » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:16 am

Who knows, maybe he has his own issues, AiB is not easy going type of guy thats for sure, I can sense a lot of anger and frustration.
AiB is in his 50s and ladies don't dig him as much as they used to and it is taking its toll on him
Anger management course would be a good start
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Postby Devil Dog » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:37 am

Winston wrote:
Some people are just illogical and don't make sense. Mature men and real friends always apologize and compromise after disputes. This guy has low EQ and bad social skills it seems. He won't even talk his issues over in a reasonable fashion.



Winston, for you to pronounce that someone has low EQ and bad social skills... I am at a loss for words.

I don't know why AiB left, but maybe he just actually doesn't give a shit about hanging around HA. It is not like he needs any advice or tips on living abroad and meeting foreign women. The guy was a solid contributor, and I would say that HA needs him more than he needs HA.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:55 am

Postby The_Adventurer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:24 am

Winston wrote:Here's another explanation. Could it be that AiB is just bitter and frustrated because he can't make a living online and is struggling financially, and therefore he is taking it out on other people? He is obviously struggling financially because on his website and YouTube channel, he is almost begging for donations and sponsors. Have a look:

http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com/funding.html

His explanations for why he needs donations makes no sense though. It does not cost a lot of money ("hundreds and thousands" he claims) for him to shoot videos outside and upload them to YouTube or his website. In fact, you can do that for free. Plus his videos are short and only one or two minutes long anyway. I haven't seen any work on his site or YouTube channel that would justify a lot of expenses as he claims.

So it looks like he is just trying to freeload off of others. This can only mean that he is struggling financially with making a living overseas. Otherwise he would not be asking for donations like that. It's not easy for a man to compromise his pride and ask for donations, unless he really needs it. And when people are frustrated, they take it out on others. Could that be what triggered his short fuse and violent threats to anyone who disagreed with him?

In any case, if you feel sorry for him, or want to help him, feel free to donate to him at the link above. He has PayPal buttons for one time payments or recurring subscriptions. So if he's brought some value to you, feel free to donate to him and help him out from your heart. Some of you guys seem to like him a lot, so I thought I'd let you know.

Who knows. If enough of you donate to him, you might persuade him to come back here.


If you're giving out all your content for free, you accept donations. That's just par for the internet marketing course. Blogger like Steve Pavlina makes something like forty thousand dollars per month, but he still has a donations button on his site. Many indie rock bands do it too.

Read "How Free is the Future of Business" or some such book. Some believe you actualky make MORE money this way than if you sold your content.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Postby Winston » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:34 am

The_Adventurer wrote:If you're giving out all your content for free, you accept donations. That's just par for the internet marketing course. Blogger like Steve Pavlina makes something like forty thousand dollars per month, but he still has a donations button on his site. Many indie rock bands do it too.

Read "How Free is the Future of Business" or some such book. Some believe you actually make MORE money this way than if you sold your content.


I don't think so. Which successful website asks for donations? Only charity sites do. All the successful sites I've seen don't ask for donations. Asking for donations is mostly done by low end sites that are struggling.

How does Steve Pavlina make that kind of money? I don't see any ads on his site. Are they from expensive seminars he does? If so, they are probably a rip off and contain the typical Tony Robbins New Age fluff that if you believe you can do it, then you can, blah blah blah.

This site is free too, but I monetize it with ads. I started out long ago with a donation button too. But that didn't get anywhere and plus it looked like begging. My enemies got on my case for it too. So I took it down and worked on monetizing it with ads. So perhaps that's what you meant? A free site can be monetized well with ads if it has a lot of traffic. But I've never heard of a profitable site that made all or most of its income from donation buttons. Very few people actually donate anyway.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby tre » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:37 am

I don't think AIB is doing bad at all financially...he's likely doing just fine. I just don't think he has anything to gain by staying here. He was a contributor, not someone looking for advice or info. He wasn't narrow minded, he was just direct and to the point. He offered no flowery BS, just short, honest and perhaps (in some cases) brutal honest truth. He likely has plenty of people skills, but just is choosy about who he spends his time with. That is not a bad thing IMO.

Asking for donations isn't freeloading. He puts useful info out on the net for free and asking for donations IMO is much less offensive that asking for donations BEFORE providing content. He lets you view it FIRST. If you appreciate his content and want to contribute to more of it....he leaves that option open. I don't see what is wrong with that method at all....
tre
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 am
Location: USA

Postby Winston » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:50 am

Devil Dog wrote:
Winston wrote:
Some people are just illogical and don't make sense. Mature men and real friends always apologize and compromise after disputes. This guy has low EQ and bad social skills it seems. He won't even talk his issues over in a reasonable fashion.


Winston, for you to pronounce that someone has low EQ and bad social skills... I am at a loss for words.

I don't know why AiB left, but maybe he just actually doesn't give a shit about hanging around HA. It is not like he needs any advice or tips on living abroad and meeting foreign women. The guy was a solid contributor, and I would say that HA needs him more than he needs HA.


I have my problems too. But they aren't the same as AiB's. Why are you defending him as though he were blameless? Why don't you cite his faults too?

The most probable reason why he left is because being banned for a few days hurt his ego and he couldn't take it, because in his mind, he is the big shot, and no one should treat him that way.

I was not violent toward him. I was cold and calculating in trying to show him that he does not have the right to act like a know it all authority with a big ego, and doesn't have the goods or substance to back it up. It was my objective opinion. But I had nothing personal against him. His ego was simply too big and out of proportion for what he was. And I called him out on it. I did not know he would take it so personally.

If he had been more humble and modest, like the Thai people around him, we would have gotten along better.

I don't think we did anything wrong to him. Neither did the moderator Zboy1. So the problem must be on his end. Use your common sense.

Banano wrote:Who knows, maybe he has his own issues, AiB is not easy going type of guy thats for sure, I can sense a lot of anger and frustration.
AiB is in his 50s and ladies don't dig him as much as they used to and it is taking its toll on him
Anger management course would be a good start


Possibly. Happy people don't lash out and get angry and violent like that. Only guys with insecurity issues and lots of baggage and deep resentment do. He probably has had a tough life in the past, not just with his current situation.

Plus, you even said that his kids looked full blown Thai. If so, that means that he married a single mom with two kids from another relationship, who was desperate to find a guy to help her support them. That means that he probably had very few choices because most women would NOT put up with his kind of personality.

Even in the Philippines, all girls there have told me that they do NOT like big macho guys with bad tempers and dominating personalities (AiB's voice in his videos does sound like a dominating type I think). SEA girls hate that personality type. They prefer an easy going, fun, playful, relaxed personality like me and Rock. SEA girls also like that I act childish, because they are childish too, and so it creates some chemistry between us. But they definitely do NOT like big macho guys with bad tempers and dominating personalities. Anyone who asks girls in SEA will find that out. It doesn't match them.

So it's probable that AiB could not get a decent woman to put up with his macho dominating personality with a bad temper, so he picked the most desperate one (a single mom that needed support) that he could tolerate who would tolerate him too.

That definitely does NOT make him a ladies man or an authority on women. Most of his videos contain only common sense advice, but nothing deep or original.

So the point is, he should not have come here with a big ego or macho know it all attitude. It simply wasn't justified.

Hope you guys understand my point. I have nothing against him. I'm just going by the facts and data.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Bitch_Slapper » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:03 am

Winston wrote:
I have my problems too. But they aren't the same as AiB's. Why are you defending him as though he were blameless? Why don't you cite his faults too?

The most probable reason why he left is because being banned for a few days hurt his ego and he couldn't take it, because in his mind, he is the big shot, and no one should treat him that way.

I was not violent toward him. I was cold and calculating in trying to show him that he does not have the right to act like a know it all authority with a big ego, and doesn't have the goods or substance to back it up. It was my objective opinion. But I had nothing personal against him. His ego was simply too big and out of proportion for what he was. And I called him out on it. I did not know he would take it so personally.

If he had been more humble and modest, like the Thai people around him, we would have gotten along better.

I don't think we did anything wrong to him. Neither did the moderator Zboy1. So the problem must be on his end. Use your common sense.



You're conveniently leaving out the fact that you provoked him with personal insults. He made very helpful points about your seminar idea, and he encouraged you to see that stripper. You are simply not being honest, Winston.
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Postby Winston » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:20 am

tre wrote:I don't think AIB is doing bad at all financially...he's likely doing just fine. I just don't think he has anything to gain by staying here. He was a contributor, not someone looking for advice or info. He wasn't narrow minded, he was just direct and to the point. He offered no flowery BS, just short, honest and perhaps (in some cases) brutal honest truth. He likely has plenty of people skills, but just is choosy about who he spends his time with. That is not a bad thing IMO.

Asking for donations isn't freeloading. He puts useful info out on the net for free and asking for donations IMO is much less offensive that asking for donations BEFORE providing content. He lets you view it FIRST. If you appreciate his content and want to contribute to more of it....he leaves that option open. I don't see what is wrong with that method at all....


Dude, why are you so biased and brainwashed toward him? You don't sound like you are thinking straight. You act like AiB is an angel who can do no wrong. What happened to you? There is no objectivity in your post. I thought you were a smart guy?

Anyhow, I think you are wrong on several counts.

- First, he is a macho guy with a big ego. He would not ask for donations unless he needed it. It feels shameful to ask for donations. Most guys would feel that it would hurt their pride to do so. They would only do so if they really needed it. That's a logical assumption. How do you know he's doing fine? The data doesn't support that.

- Second, he wasn't just here to contribute. Obviously he was here to get his website and videos some publicity. He needs traffic to get more donations. So that had to be one of his purposes. He wasn't here for altruism. Get real.

- Third, yes he was narrow minded. He made quick judgments without taking into account contrary data. His arguments were simple and not reflective of the complexities of life or human nature. He is not a deep or intellectual guy. So that's to be expected of him. He's a simple guy with simple observations. You can't expect more from him. You must be a terrible judge of character Tre.

- Fourth, if you like his brutally honest truth, then what was wrong with my brutally honest truth? I was brutally honest about the reasons why he was likely NOT the ladies man he claimed. So why is it ok for him to be brutally honest about his observations, but it's not ok for me to? Can you explain that double standard? Or do you admit that you are biased for illogical reasons?

- Fifth, did you see his donation page? He claimed that his videos cost THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS to produce. See above where it was quoted. That obviously is a bald faced lie. Anyone can see that his videos didn't cost thousands of dollars to make. Even Banano could see that. Why can't you? I thought you were smart. Is lying ok in your book? Are you saying that you believe him that it costs thousands of dollars to make his videos? lol. If so, you are truly lost like a religious fanatic and have no ability to reason.

- Sixth, he made butthead statements against obvious facts that we all agree upon. For example, I said that AW do not like being approached by strangers. We all agree on that here. But AiB says I'm wrong because he can approach AW. So his one statement debunks my many years of experience, and that of everyone else here too? lol. Yeah right. Do you buy that? And when I said that in restaurants in America, I don't see anyone else eating alone, he said that I was wrong because he is an American who eats alone. So that makes me wrong? lol. Do you agree with that? How does his one line dismissal invalidate my real life experiences? It doesn't. So he is a delusional butthead.

When I was at restaurants with Rock and Monkro in the Bay Area, I told them to look around and see if they could see anyone eating alone. They could not find anyone eating alone in the restaurant. They agreed with me that people in the US do not go to restaurants to eat alone. So even they could see that I was right and AiB was wrong. So what right did AiB have to say that everyone was wrong on this? I know what I see. So who is AiB to tell me that I didn't see what I see? Can you explain that Tre?

- Seventh, I don't see how you claim that AiB has plenty of people skills. People with people skills don't make threats of violence over little disputes. NO WAY MAN! WTF ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!?!?!? Do you have a man crush on him? Why have you lost all common sense when it comes to this guy?

Also, if you observe him in his videos, you can see that he is a straight to the point guy. He does not sugar coat things, as you said. He is not a man of tact. It's obvious that he is a rough guy with a bad temper who likes to settle things by fighting. That's not the kind of guy with good people skills. No way dude.

Someone with people skills would not escalate a dispute like that. He would clarify his opinions and act humble and modest. People with good social skills do not act like know it alls with big egos. They act with humility so that they can get along with others more easily. And when they get into a disagreement, they try to make amends and compromises tactfully. They are willing to apologize if necessary. They try to empathize with the other party so an understanding can be reached. We all know that. So how can you not know that? Wtf?

This is basic psychology 101. Read any book on basic interpersonal communication skills and you will learn this. Good people skills means you try to solve disagreements or problems amicably and smoothly, with tact, diplomacy, understanding, two way understanding, empathy, etc. etc. AiB has NONE of these qualities. That's obvious from his posts and videos.

Come on now. This is basic Interpersonal Skills 101, and is required for a job in Human Resources. Why do I have to teach you something so simple?

Are you saying things that are the opposite of what everyone knows, just to play devil's advocate? Why are you saying things that aren't true, that obviously aren't true? Many of your earlier posts sound intelligent and insightful. So can you explain why you made so many bad statements in this one?

I'm beginning to wonder if some of you come from a bizarro universe.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Devil Dog » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:54 am

Winston, here is what you are missing. Accountability.

Accountability for running your mouth about a man's wife and kids. There are many men in this world who are old school about that shit and will f**k you up for doing it. Now maybe your Psychology 101 textbook says that is not nice, but it does not matter.

So keep on running your suck about the guy, but pray that you never occupy the same space.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:55 am

Postby tre » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:53 am

Winston wrote:
tre wrote:I don't think AIB is doing bad at all financially...he's likely doing just fine. I just don't think he has anything to gain by staying here. He was a contributor, not someone looking for advice or info. He wasn't narrow minded, he was just direct and to the point. He offered no flowery BS, just short, honest and perhaps (in some cases) brutal honest truth. He likely has plenty of people skills, but just is choosy about who he spends his time with. That is not a bad thing IMO.

Asking for donations isn't freeloading. He puts useful info out on the net for free and asking for donations IMO is much less offensive that asking for donations BEFORE providing content. He lets you view it FIRST. If you appreciate his content and want to contribute to more of it....he leaves that option open. I don't see what is wrong with that method at all....


Dude, why are you so biased and brainwashed toward him? You don't sound like you are thinking straight. You act like AiB is an angel who can do no wrong. What happened to you? There is no objectivity in your post. I thought you were a smart guy?

Anyhow, I think you are wrong on several counts.

- First, he is a macho guy with a big ego. He would not ask for donations unless he needed it. It feels shameful to ask for donations. Most guys would feel that it would hurt their pride to do so. They would only do so if they really needed it. That's a logical assumption. How do you know he's doing fine? The data doesn't support that.


That is your opinion of him...nothing more, nothing less. There is no factual data on what he is making or where it comes from...you are just guessing here. Why would it hurt your pride to ask for donations? Is it because no one actually donated? I've donated to forums before because they depended on donations. I found the content and info valuable so I donated, as did MANY of the members...consistently. What is wrong with that?

Winston wrote:- Second, he wasn't just here to contribute. Obviously he was here to get his website and videos some publicity. He needs traffic to get more donations. So that had to be one of his purposes. He wasn't here for altruism. Get real.


He was a contributor as he provided advice and info about Thailand and Asia. He didn't ask questions as he already knows what he is doing. He is one of the few here that is LIVING in Asia so he has a wealth of knowledge for those preparing to move abroad. He probably enjoyed contributing at one point...until a few made him feel that truth wasn't appreciated. I'm sure he got some views coming from this site too, but I'm sure he doesn't depend on it .

Winston wrote:- Third, yes he was narrow minded. He made quick judgments without taking into account contrary data. His arguments were simple and not reflective of the complexities of life or human nature. He is not a deep or intellectual guy. So that's to be expected of him. He's a simple guy with simple observations. You can't expect more from him. You must be a terrible judge of character Tre.


Everyone makes mistakes now and again and so have I. However, I am not particularly bad at judging character. There are doers and there are thinkers. AIB is a doer, figures things out quickly and accomplishes things. Others will sit around, think about why things are so f***ed up, complain and go nowhere. Which is more effective in life? I found his posts to be no nonsense, no BS...truth. There is a lot of nonsense in this forum and I liked that I didn't have to weed through it in AIB's posts.

Winston wrote:- Fourth, if you like his brutally honest truth, then what was wrong with my brutally honest truth? I was brutally honest about the reasons why he was likely NOT the ladies man he claimed. So why is it ok for him to be brutally honest about his observations, but it's not ok for me to? Can you explain that double standard? Or do you admit that you are biased for illogical reasons?


Honestly, I do not think you can read ANYONE'S face and see their character (ex. Steve R, the stripper, etc). In your defense...very few can. What you say is honestly just your opinion and a wild guess that I often see as inaccurate. You base everything on your own experience or the experiences of those who are similar to you in various ways. You attack everyone else and call them liars. I believe AIB had success with women because I don't live in a box. Thousands of men have no problem getting women in the USA. Many of the guys I worked with had sex with hundreds of girls in the course of just a few years. If I'd wanted to, I could have done the same thing. I am much pickier than most guys and would never consider sleeping with many girls that those guys would. I usually had a GF (I'm a relationship guy) in my 30's. However, I had my days of one night stands and it wasn't particularly hard. AIB has the personality of someone that GETS LAID. If you have his attitude and confidence, you can go far. Being manly is much more attractive to women in the USA than men that are child-like and who over-think things. AIB may have not had sex with hundreds of really hot women, but I don't doubt he had sex with hundreds in his lifetime.

Winston wrote:- Fifth, did you see his donation page? He claimed that his videos cost THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS to produce. See above where it was quoted. That obviously is a bald faced lie. Anyone can see that his videos didn't cost thousands of dollars to make. Even Banano could see that. Why can't you? I thought you were smart. Is lying ok in your book? Are you saying that you believe him that it costs thousands of dollars to make his videos? lol. If so, you are truly lost like a religious fanatic and have no ability to reason.


Travel costs thousands of dollars all by itself. Here's the info from his website:

"In addition to transportation costs, I must also pay for food, accommodation, insurance, cameras, lenses, memory cards, photo storage, film and film development (yes, I do sometimes still shoot film), computer upgrades, printing, website hosting, marketing, and equipment maintenance costs. Covering these costs, whether local or international, as well as my living expenses, is often difficult."

He laid it out and that could definitely add up to thousands of dollars. I am sure that you haven't seen all of his content. I am sure it's not ALL on Youtube. If you don't agree with what he laid out, don't donate...simple as that. Why does this even matter? Why are you so much against him making $$?


Winston wrote:- Sixth, he makes butthead statements against obvious facts that we all agree upon. For example, I said that AW do not like being approached by strangers. AiB says I'm wrong because he can approach AW. So his one statement debunks my many years of experience, and that of everyone else here. lol. Do you buy that? And when I said that in restaurants in America, I don't see anyone else eating alone, he said that I was wrong because he is an American who eats alone. So that makes me wrong? lol. Do you agree with that? How does his one line dismissal invalidate my real life experiences? It doesn't. So he is a delusional butthead.



AW are hard to approach if you are a stranger. You must find a way that works for you personally. Some guys will never have success, but some will. Every area and environment is different. Some people have more skill at this than others. Your years of experience are ONLY YOUR experiences. Many will obviously have the same experience, but not all. Most of the guys here that have had NO success with AW are social rejects, old, or both. Some just plain reject AW and don't even try...no reason for them to. There are several guys here that found ways to get AW consistently so no, I don't doubt AIB was one of them. It took me awhile, but I found my niche for landing girls in nightclubs at one point. Girls like fighters and when AIB was a younger fighter I'll bet he pulled a lot of tail....I have no doubt about that.


Winston wrote:When I was at restaurants with Rock and Monkro in the Bay Area, I told them to look around and see if they could see anyone eating alone. They agreed with me that people in the US do not go to restaurants to eat alone. So even they could see that I was right and AiB was wrong. So what right did AiB have to say that everyone was wrong on this? I know what I see. So who is AiB to tell me that I didn't see what I see? Can you explain that Tre?

- Seventh, I don't see how you claim that AiB has plenty of people skills. People with people skills don't make threats of violence over little disputes. NO WAY MAN! WTF ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!?!?!? Do you have a man crush on him? Why have you lost all common sense when it comes to this guy?


You ripped on his wife and told him his kids weren't his. If you said that to 90% of men in the USA, they would lay you out cold. You can't dock a man on lack of people skills when they are in defense of family. AIB ripped on guys for refusing to throw off ignorance or to listen to reason. In those instances, I agreed with him as I'm sure many did. Others just aren't as willing say anything, but just keep their opinions to themselves. This doesn't help anyone...I'd rather truth be told.

Winston wrote:Also, if you observe him in his videos, you can see that he is a straight to the point guy. He does not sugar coat things, as you said. He is not a man of tact. It's obvious that he is a rough guy with a bad temper who likes to settle things by fighting. That's not the kind of guy with good people skills. No way dude.

Someone with people skills would not escalate a dispute like that. He would clarify his opinions and act humble and modest. People with good social skills do not act like know it alls with big egos. They act with humility so that they can get along with others more easily. And when they get into a disagreement, they try to make amends and compromises tactfully. They are willing to apologize if necessary. They try to empathize with the other party so an understanding can be reached. We all know that. So how can you not know that? Wtf?

This is basic psychology 101. Read any book on basic interpersonal communication skills and you will learn this. Good people skills means you try to solve disagreements or problems amicably and smoothly, with tact, diplomacy, understanding, two way understanding, empathy, etc. etc. AiB has NONE of these qualities. That's obvious from his posts and videos.

Come on now. This is basic Interpersonal Skills 101, and is required for a job in Human Resources. Why do I have to teach you something so simple?


He is not particularly rude in his videos...at least not the ones I saw. Being brutally honest saves guys time AND money when traveling to Thailand. Why sugar coat things as a man speaking to other men? I doubt that many want to hear a lot of useless, inaccurate BS...they'd rather get the simple truth IMO.

While it is true that some of us (I was a customer service worker for many years) MUST put on a smiley face, engage people on topics that have absolutely NO interest to us, tactfully change the topic when we don't agree, etc. for work (employer requires it), we don't want to BS on our own time. I absolutely will not BS on my own time. I find that I don't have many disagreements with most functional members of society as they WILL see where I am coming from if they are willing to have an open mind. If someone doesn't want to learn anything or wants to remain ignorant, I cut ties with that person as they are truly a waste of my time. They will eventually learn of their mistakes...they can waste their own time until then. AIB doesn't have to BS at all because he doesn't have to deal with employment in the USA. AIB got frustrated with people spouting ignorance that they had no intention of correcting. He didn't want anyone to believe info that simply wasn't true or info that could potentially hurt people. Again, I agreed with the vast majority of his opinions. This isn't because I know him or like him...I simply agree with him.

Winston wrote:Are you saying things that are the opposite of what everyone knows, just to play devil's advocate? Why are you saying things that aren't true, that obviously aren't true? Many of your earlier posts sound intelligent and insightful. So can you explain why you made so many bad statements in this one?

I'm beginning to wonder if some of you come from a bizarro universe.


I am not saying the opposite of what "everyone" knows. That is a huge generalization. Just because you don't believe something is true, doesn't mean it is not. My experiences in life are VASTLY different than yours...as are many others experiences. I agree with you on some things and I disagree with you on some things as well. My truth will be different than your truth in some cases. There is no reason to compromise on something I find to be true or accurate...that makes no sense whatsoever.
tre
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 am
Location: USA

Postby zboy1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:36 am

Winston was wrong to rip on AIB's wife but he did threaten other members besides Winston, too. And, that shouldn't be acceptable anywhere, even on this forum. ..

I hope he decides to come back to the forum, though.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Teal Lantern » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:42 pm

So W, still chasing the zirconia? :D
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests