Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


What I've Been Doing

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What I've Been Doing

Postby Maverick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:58 am

I've gotten some PM's from a few guys asking me what I've been doing over the past few months since I haven't really been posting.

Well, I've been mostly focusing on work and....dating American women again. As you would expect, this has been a mostly unpleasant experience. But, since I can't leave the US (even on a 2 week vacation) for the next 23 months, I don't have much choice.

In the past 3 months, I've been called:

- too aloof
- too needy
- too much of an a-hole
- too nice
- too much like a player
- too much of a p*ssy

Basically, I would be too aggressive with one girl. Then scale it back with another. There's really no way to win here. Unless I am absolutely perfect (and, even then, there's no guarantee), there will be something wrong with me. To be honest, I'm not even sure what I can and cannot talk about when I'm out with girls because EVERYTHING is held under a microscope.

I'm generally able to tolerate AW as friends (I've reconnected with some old ones and got new ones), coworkers, and even bosses. But I am again reminded of the benefits of going overseas, if for nothing else than the ease of interaction and conversation.

I'm currently talking to a girl that lives a few states away. She's planning on flying here to see me next month (we'll see if that actually happens, but she seems serious so far). I am so mean to this girl, constantly talking to her about other girls, and all we ever really do is talk about sex.

Really? How can I get serious with girls like this? (which is what I really want)

I've also been meeting tons and tons of people. I've become very good friends with some filipinos that are from the Philippines, but live in the US (men). They talk about how they go back occasionally and hook up. One, in particular, I've become very close with. He has some crazy ass stories. I'm planning on hopefully taking a trip with him sometime soon.

I'll keep the board posted. :D
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm







Postby Ghost » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:18 am

Just think of being in America as an opportunity to focus on nothing but work and self-improvement without the inferior distractions of American women. I'm already mentally preparing myself for the day when I am back there. The first time I was stuck there, I felt I could've been near-suicidal. The next time I was stuck I finally worked towards my dream of going abroad. The next time will be when I become far greater than I am now...
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby magnum » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:40 am

That's all America is for me, a place to refine my self, save up money to get out of this country again and return to my search for a ideal young woman to settle down with.

I should thank for ex for being so cold, at least she made something clear, improving my self would upgrade my market value to women, so that's just what I'll do, the next time I leave the country I'll have it planned out, I'll be more educated and in better shape then the last time.
magnum
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Postby zboy1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:50 am

Yeah, keep us posted, Maverick.

Filipino Americans are pretty cool people. I like them more than the East Asians in the United States. Unlike East Asians, their not as interested in academia and being so conformist, as Korean Americans, Chinese Americans or Vietnamese Americans. Also, they tend to be more laid-back and not as much into the 'rat-race' like so many other Asian American groups. ...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Maverick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:04 am

zboy1 wrote:Yeah, keep us posted, Maverick.

Filipino Americans are pretty cool people. I like them more than the East Asians in the United States. Unlike East Asians, their not as interested in academia and being so conformist, as Korean Americans, Chinese Americans or Vietnamese Americans. Also, they tend to be more laid-back and not as much into the 'rat-race' like so many other Asian American groups. ...


Filipino guys, yes.

Filipinas that grew up here are pretty similar to regular white girls, though I do notice that they generally have more laid back and fun personalities. They are still not very trustworthy and sleep around a lot.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby Maverick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:10 am

Ghost wrote:Just think of being in America as an opportunity to focus on nothing but work and self-improvement without the inferior distractions of American women. I'm already mentally preparing myself for the day when I am back there. The first time I was stuck there, I felt I could've been near-suicidal. The next time I was stuck I finally worked towards my dream of going abroad. The next time will be when I become far greater than I am now...


I'm definitely not near suicidal.

I generally find people here to be friendly. I also have a career where it is relatively easy to get a job. Yeah, the work world sucks, but at least we're able to sustain ourselves.

I don't really mind the US, outside of the mostly low quality women here.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby xiongmao » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:42 am

Try online hookups, Skout is pretty good. It's a good exercise to work on your game. Hot women aren't easy to attract anywhere really.

Women don't like needy men - I've had reasonable success with an 8. The main thing I do is wait until she contacts me, plus ignore her sometimes.

How do you avoid looking needy? By having many women on the go at the same time. Just pretend you're Roosh or someone.

Up your age range as well. Milfs are good fun but they can get clingy.

Where are you going when you leave the US?
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2539
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Postby Maverick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:59 am

xiongmao wrote:Try online hookups, Skout is pretty good. It's a good exercise to work on your game. Hot women aren't easy to attract anywhere really.

Women don't like needy men - I've had reasonable success with an 8. The main thing I do is wait until she contacts me, plus ignore her sometimes.

How do you avoid looking needy? By having many women on the go at the same time. Just pretend you're Roosh or someone.

Up your age range as well. Milfs are good fun but they can get clingy.

Where are you going when you leave the US?


Thanks for the advice, man. What I was saying in my thread is not that I look needy all the time, but it's really hard to find a balance between needy and aloof. You generally will end up more on one side of the spectrum. So I scale it up on one girl and look too needy, then scale it back on another and look too aloof. My point was that it's very difficult to win.

The thing with PUA guys is that they're generally not as good with women as they make you think. I always take what guys on a random internet forum say with a grain of salt (PUA sites, that is, where the main goal is to brag about how awesome you are).

I definitely want to check out the Philippines. Though, living there may not be an option, as I don't have a source of income. After talking to some guys that have done it before (and seeing some successful marriages with my own eyes), I'm not as opposed to bringing a girl back here. Though, I will have to make sure it's the right girl, which will be no easy task.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby SilverEnergy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Maverick wrote:
Ghost wrote:Just think of being in America as an opportunity to focus on nothing but work and self-improvement without the inferior distractions of American women. I'm already mentally preparing myself for the day when I am back there. The first time I was stuck there, I felt I could've been near-suicidal. The next time I was stuck I finally worked towards my dream of going abroad. The next time will be when I become far greater than I am now...


I'm definitely not near suicidal.

I generally find people here to be friendly. I also have a career where it is relatively easy to get a job. Yeah, the work world sucks, but at least we're able to sustain ourselves.

I don't really mind the US, outside of the mostly low quality women here.


Besides the bad social scene, America isn't too bad a place to live.

I mean the opportunities to make money are unparalleled.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Update

Postby Maverick » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:34 am

I've been going pretty hard over the past few months and I'm getting worn out.

If you don't play the game 100% right, these girls can be mean as f*ck.

I decided to change it up a bit and get away from the college scene (the girls are users and are mostly good for hookups). I started going to church and started meeting girls through friends at work, just to see if these girls are any different. I'm trying to stay positive.

I met this girl at church that has a very good reputation and is very attractive and Asian (my type). We'll see.

I also have another girl flying in in a month to have sex with me (we'll see if that actually happens lol). And then other random hookups here and there.

Overall, I'm not impressed and I've been treated pretty poorly since getting back out there. No surprise there though lol.

The US isn't a bad place to date if you're okay with the numbers game and don't take things very seriously. I think this is why I was relatively successful in the past: I didn't take it seriously. Now, that I'm looking more for something long term, it's unpleasant and girls try to take advantage of me constantly. I will probably go back to just hooking up if the church and friends thing doesn't work out....and hold the seriousness until I can leave the country.

Sensitivity is a killer here, for sure.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: Update

Postby zboy1 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:37 am

Maverick wrote:I've been going pretty hard over the past few months and I'm getting worn out.

If you don't play the game 100% right, these girls can be mean as f*ck.

I decided to change it up a bit and get away from the college scene (the girls are users and are mostly good for hookups). I started going to church and started meeting girls through friends at work, just to see if these girls are any different. I'm trying to stay positive.

I met this girl at church that has a very good reputation and is very attractive and Asian (my type). We'll see.

I also have another girl flying in in a month to have sex with me (we'll see if that actually happens lol). And then other random hookups here and there.

Overall, I'm not impressed and I've been treated pretty poorly since getting back out there. No surprise there though lol.

The US isn't a bad place to date if you're okay with the numbers game and don't take things very seriously. I think this is why I was relatively successful in the past: I didn't take it seriously. Now, that I'm looking more for something long term, it's unpleasant and girls try to take advantage of me constantly. I will probably go back to just hooking up if the church and friends thing doesn't work out....and hold the seriousness until I can leave the country.

Sensitivity is a killer here, for sure.


Exactly! If you're only looking for casual hookups and one-night stands, then, yes, the U.S. is great for that.

Also, this applies to other countries as well: that's the reason why the RooshV crowd always likes to brag about their conquests overseas and how 'easy' the women are outside of the Anglosphere. But their not really interested in finding a good women; their only interested in the sex and looking for sluts overseas.

But if you're serious in wanting a real women, than the U.S. is not the place to look for a good wife. Overseas females are much better 'wife' material than American females, by far. ...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Update

Postby Maverick » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:45 am

After a few weeks of extreme job-related stress, the clouds appear to be clearing.

So tonight I asked out a girl in my church group that is almost 10 years older than me. She's very pretty, seems nice, and claims to want a husband and children. She shot me down. I'm not extremely surprised at this (I had a feeling she would for some reason).

Unfortunately, there is an extreme dearth of attractive, single, relationship-minded women in my area (not sure if relationship-minded women even exist in the US anymore). Either way, I will not be pursuing this one any further. I already had reservations about her age, among other things.

In the past few months, I've really exhausted all options in trying to find a reasonably attractive girl that is relationship material and also interested in me. I guess I'll just go back to casually hooking up with college girls until I could leave the US and look for a girl to settle down with. :D
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Update

Postby Maverick » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 pm

So the girl that said that she'd fly in to see me actually did and we spent the weekend together. She did make me jump through hoops a bit to have sex, but it was a good time.

We ended up spending Thurs through this morning together, basically acting like boyfriend/girlfriend. It was nice. Makes me want to date AW again until I'm able to search elsewhere.

Overall, it was a great learning experience and not something that I've had for a little while with a girl. Of course, I still plan to go foreign when looking for a wife.

Unfortunately, since we live so far from each other (and also due to her issues), this will likely not lead anywhere (if we even speak again). But it was still a good time! :D
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests