Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

White anglo youth on "holiday"

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

White anglo youth on "holiday"

Postby Repatriate » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:11 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLH3C9uJ1vA[/youtube]

Pissing off balconies, punching holes in walls, f***ing in hotel pools in broad daylight, running around naked, fighting, screaming, and howling like drunken baboons. Anglos behave a little like this in Thailand too but usually they get thrown in jail, robbed, or beaten pretty quick if it gets out of hand esp in Bangkok. In other places like the EE it's almost a free for all.

I've never seen large gatherings of young Thais or other asian kids behave like this or have it be considered acceptable behavior. There might be the occasional violence but it's very rare compared to this daily "piss up" behavior you see with anglos.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby navigator » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:55 pm

I've witnessed this type of behavior before and it really makes me angry. Not only is it extremely annoying, but it also ruins our reputation abroad. I always hope that these people do something really stupid that ends up costing their lives, like taking a drunken leap off a high balcony and smashing their skull on the concrete below. Then I would think to myself, "That's one less idiot this world has to deal with!"
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
- Voltaire
navigator
Freshman Poster

Postby Rayn » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Hah!

Do you know what the moniker used in Malaysia to refer to whites? Mat Salleh.

Mat Salleh was actually derived from the old Malay word 'Mat Salih' ('Mister White, or Clean or Pure, in reference to their complexion) but popular lore has it that the word evolved from an English phrase known as Mad Sailors.

Cause that was what the British (and by extension, the Dutch and Portuguese) sailors do as they dock here and waited out the monsoon winds. They party around like madmen.

It goes to show how traditionally white men had been viewed in a negative light in Asia - they were only viewed positively thanks to the years of propaganda coming from Hollywood. Get this- the Chinese had historically referred to whites as Gweilo - or "White Devils". I'm sure if I look hard enough at the history of other Asian countries I would find just about the same type of moniker too.
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Re: White anglo youth on "holiday"

Postby Voice of Reason » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Repatriate wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLH3C9uJ1vA[/youtube]

Pissing off balconies, punching holes in walls, f***ing in hotel pools in broad daylight, running around naked, fighting, screaming, and howling like drunken baboons. Anglos behave a little like this in Thailand too but usually they get thrown in jail, robbed, or beaten pretty quick if it gets out of hand esp in Bangkok. In other places like the EE it's almost a free for all.

I've never seen large gatherings of young Thais or other asian kids behave like this or have it be considered acceptable behavior. There might be the occasional violence but it's very rare compared to this daily "piss up" behavior you see with anglos.

That's why I don't normally like hanging out with westerners when I travel. It makes me feel embarrassed when I see anglo westerners behaving like savages.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 am

I have this discussion in my forum about what it feels like to be a minority guy traveling abroad.

I had the experience of these types who said I was not American because I was not white. Imagine that. I felt less American with Americans overseas.

When I travel now I say I'm from somewhere else.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:53 am

Oh these types are known in Philippines. They think they are funny (showing their asses) but it is all to the detriment of all the white people's image.

Filipinos call them "papansin" or "attention-seekers"
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby have2fly » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:36 pm

I love Bulgarian girls, their accent, behavior and culture is almost the same as I am used to. Wonderful. Very pretty too.

As far as British - nasty. I am sure Americans in Mexico are no better.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Postby navigator » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:19 pm

have2fly wrote:I love Bulgarian girls, their accent, behavior and culture is almost the same as I am used to. Wonderful. Very pretty too.

As far as British - nasty. I am sure Americans in Mexico are no better.

It depends on which part of Mexico. American tourists were predictably terrible in Cancun (our version of Ibiza) when I visited five years ago. The further away you get from the "party" resorts, the more civilized and sophisticated American travelers/tourists tend to be. Some even attempt to speak the native language. :P Border towns, such as Tijuana, probably attracted a rowdy lot back in the day. However, when I went to TJ a few years ago, the drug war seemed to have scared off a lot of would-be daytrippers. Even in the touristy parts of Avenida Revolucion, I was the only white person in sight most of the time. This resulted in extra attention from peddlers and such, but also allowed me to enjoy some great deals (on drinks, souvenirs, sex, and other items) that I probably wouldn't have been able to get if the streets were packed with gringos.

Totally agree about Bulgarian women. Some of the most underrated in the world. The entire Balkans are underrated, IMO. Just be careful not to let the secret get out too much lest that part of the world becomes the next to be corrupted. :)
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
- Voltaire
navigator
Freshman Poster

Postby tre » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:00 pm

I purposely try to go to places where there are few white people. The only place in Asia I've gone to where there were a HUGE number was in Bangkok, Thailand. On one night, I swear I saw more white people than Thai people. Most of them were NOT from the USA, but annoying nonetheless. Most seem to be from Europe, Russia, etc.. Many were drinking or drunk and some were dressed very strange. I saw one guy dancing around in a pink tutu. One guy nearly got the beat down when he aggressively approached my gf (who was walking right next to me). Luckily, he backed down quickly when I stepped in front of him. That was just not my type of environment to say the least. I did like many parts of Thailand and even Bangkok, but some sections I'd avoid for sure. I will say that the Thai people were EXTREMELY interested in my gf. They would try to speak to her in Thai, but she is Filipina. They would ask about her constantly and give her discounts at shops, etc.. I found that to be rather interesting. They were very nice to her in particular. Perhaps it was because she was a breath of fresh air compared with dealing with the crazy, white foreigners?

I do think this wild, crazy, stupid behavior damages our image abroad...how can it not? I want to travel to places where the locals actually like us and appreciate our business....not dread our presence. Some idiots just like to ruin things for the rest of us...
tre
Junior Poster

Postby momopi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:58 pm

I was only in Bangkok for a week. The best looking, best dressed, and best behaved whites that I saw in Bangkok at night were gay men having dinner with their boyfriends. During day time, the best looking white couples and white girls were likely to be Russians or Eastern European tourists. However, I didn't encounter any overly obnoxious white tourists either.

The worst behaved tourists I saw on my trip were Indian tourists at Malaysia border crossings. In Singapore I saw 2 incidents of Mainland Chinese nationals cutting queue, but in Malaysia I saw entire Indian families cutting queues across multiple lines. I mean the dad would try to cut in front of line #1, while the son would cut in front of line 2 and daughter cut in front of line 3. The Malaysian customs official asked them to go back in line twice, then lost patience and came out of the booth to yell at them.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:34 am

Bulgarians will not get a bad impression about " white people". Russians on holidays there and in Turkey behave the same way if not worse. Much more violence. So?

Bangkok/Thailand specifically invites White people to party/have fun. Thai people are used to it. What else do they expect? What else can they offer? And they are the ones advertising in Europe/Russia to invite white people. They are also the ones who built all the bars and who are calling white people in to get hookers. What do they want now? Academicians to visit them?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Cornfed » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:57 am

You've got to let your hair down sometime. As I explained to an Irish guy I met while travelling years ago, now (or rather, then) that Ireland has been gentrified and pussified, it is up to us colonials to keep up the fine traditions of drunkenness, violence and destruction of property that our ancestors got drunk and fought and died for.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby MarkDY » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:54 am

A Czech woman I dated in Prague hated the British. She said British men would go to Prague to just get drunk, piss in the streets and treat every Czech girl like a whore.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions