Traveling Alone

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Tsar wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:I am not one who thinks traveling for women is the answer, unless perhaps you're traveling to a place with plenty of P4P. There are beautiful women everywhere, you just need to change your mindset. What happens if you fly all the way over to Russia and don't meet any women and don't get laid? Then what?
I don't want to be laid. I am waiting until I'm married or I find an exceptional girl I would marry. I was thinking of going to experience the cultures and see the quality of the girls on a first trip, not to find a good girl for a girlfriend. I know I'm very unique because I have a strong willpower and a strict view on the virtue purity.

I was thinking of visiting mainly major cities and maybe a few smaller cities or towns to see what everything is like.
Good luck buddy, unless you go for a religious girl you're going to have a hard time finding this. Even if she is religious you'll have a hard time. They're some of the horniest ones. If you don't try sleeping with most of them, they're going to think you're gay.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Tsar wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:I am not one who thinks traveling for women is the answer, unless perhaps you're traveling to a place with plenty of P4P. There are beautiful women everywhere, you just need to change your mindset. What happens if you fly all the way over to Russia and don't meet any women and don't get laid? Then what?
I don't want to be laid. I am waiting until I'm married or I find an exceptional girl I would marry. I was thinking of going to experience the cultures and see the quality of the girls on a first trip, not to find a good girl for a girlfriend. I know I'm very unique because I have a strong willpower and a strict view on the virtue purity.

I was thinking of visiting mainly major cities and maybe a few smaller cities or towns to see what everything is like.
Good luck buddy, unless you go for a religious girl you're going to have a hard time finding this. Even if she is religious you'll have a hard time. They're some of the horniest ones. If you don't try sleeping with most of them, they're going to think you're gay.
I have a more traditional view on relationships with courtship and platonic love/romance. I don't think that should cause any problems if I find the right girl. In the past it was not considered respectable for a man to sleep with a girl that wasn't his bride. Someone like me would have been considered very respectable, people wouldn't think I was gay. Why did that change and why did it change everywhere in the world?

I'm thinking my first trip will be to see different cities, towns, and villages. Maybe visit some nice parks and see possible venues for possible dates on future trips.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

I respect you for this, definitely. It takes more strength to refrain that it does to give in. But my point is that while there may be girls out there for you, once the "no sex" subject is brought up, I think your chances are narrowed. I could be wrong but most women between 18-25 WANTS sex with their man and they'll give it to him simply so he won't stray. Or so they think.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've travelled alone throughout Asia. Bangkok is a great place to be a lone traveller as you can find people to meet in bars or elsewhere.

Eastern European women are hot, but why not start your travels in Western Europe first?

Berlin is trendy these days, and well worth a visit.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

xiongmao wrote:Eastern European women are hot, but why not start your travels in Western Europe first?

Berlin is trendy these days, and well worth a visit.
I don't feel drawn to Western Europe. It might be nice to see those places once in my lifetime or on couples vacations, but as a solitary traveler I have no interest in Western or Central Europe. I have felt an attraction towards the Eastern European culture since I was about 16 and it kept growing. I have Italian ancestors so I wouldn't mind visiting Italy alone and maybe looking into dual citizenship.

I feel like magnetic attractions and long-time attractions towards places are like destiny telling a person where they might belong. I never felt a true sense of belonging in America, so when I think of living in America it's more of where would be the most tolerable place to live in America, not where would I feel a greater sense of belonging.

I also want to travel and find the place where I feel I belong. One of my long-term purposes for traveling is to find a bride, and the second is to find a place where I feel I belong.
buddy77
Freshman Poster

@tsar

Post by buddy77 »

What you should do is when you get to each destination, is book a tour guide that will drive you around and give some cultural insight. Also you should you should ask the tour guide directly what are good places and dangers for specific activities (your interests)

This will make you feel more comfortable and most likely something will catch your eye, in which later you can explore..

Before you do any of that, try an reserve an English speaking driver that will pick you up from the airport. This will save you the headache of getting ripped off or an non-english speaking driver.

Although Wi-fi isnt readily available in all places, try and use the "google translate" app when you can.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Why only 5 days? Often times, the plane ride is a big percentage of the overall trip cost. I wouldn't even consider paying $1000+ for a flight overseas unless I'm going to be staying for at least 2 weeks. I wouldn't try to visit more than 2 places in that 2 weeks either. You don't want to be spending the majority of your time traveling from place to place...especially on a short trip.

Your goal of meeting a religious virgin is a noble one IMO, but it's going to take much longer than 5 days to find her, much less get to know her very well. Why not save up your $$ for a longer trip (preferably 3-4 weeks) to take advantage of the flight cost and give yourself a better chance of experiencing what you want to experience. Don't just go for the girls, experience and learn something from the place you visit. Also, I recommend going somewhere where the people can understand you somewhat. Relying on one person to be your free guide could backfire on you...
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Five days for three countries is nowhere near long enough for what you want to do. Go to one country, believe me. Five days isn't even enough to travel all the way to Russia but if that's all you have, then I would do it. Personally I think you need at least a week per country, preferably longer.
I agree. If he only spends a day or two in each country, all he will be able to do is see a few major tourist attractions and the people around them and then he'll have to leave. He won't get a feel for the real local culture at all.

I've never been to Slavic countries apart from the Czech Republic, but my general advice would be:
1) Learn to pronounce the local language so you can use phrases from a phrasebook and be at least mostly understood.
2) Bring many kleenex packs for toilet paper.
3) Use common sense to avoid pickpockets.

And Tsar, I think most traditional types of girls in Russia and Ukraine are Eastern Orthodox. Are you willing to convert to Eastern Orthodox?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Jackal wrote: Tsar, I think most traditional types of girls in Russia and Ukraine are Eastern Orthodox. Are you willing to convert to Eastern Orthodox?
I would be willing to do that if that's what it took to be with a girl that was an very good or ideal match. Although it is different, it's similar Roman Catholicism so I wouldn't have much of a problem. The only religion to which I would be willing to convert would be Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I respect you for this, definitely. It takes more strength to refrain that it does to give in. But my point is that while there may be girls out there for you, once the "no sex" subject is brought up, I think your chances are narrowed. I could be wrong but most women between 18-25 WANTS sex with their man and they'll give it to him simply so he won't stray. Or so they think.
I told him that many times, but he does not listen. Oh well. I think you are right and agree with your points.

On topic:
I would say staying for 5 days is a huge mistake and going abroad will be a waste of time and money. Just jet lag by itself will take 2-3 days to shake off. I have been living in FSU for over a year, speak Russian and still CANNOT find a decent girl to marry. Not that I was actively looking specifically for marriage, I was looking for dating mostly and I met many different girls, but only 2 of them would be good enough as a wife material, but I slept with dozens. Lots of flaky young girls that are wrapped in their own barbie world that have no clue on what is going on outside of their bubble. Such as: they go to work, go to school, hang out with their local friends. And then she meets you, American guy who totally breaks her bubble in many ways. She doesn't know how to react, should she give you sex? Should she ask for money? Are with her for a long term? Many of them just afraid to commit thinking you will go away soon etc. Almost none believe that you will marry and take her abroad. The reason? Too many sex tourists are spoiling good apples and rumors are spreading about Americans coming just to get laid.

So if you are going, go for at least a month! No less than two weeks or you are just plain stupid for doing this in the first place. You will not understand anything in such short time without ever being there and not knowing the language. Ticket will cost around $1,000, you will need around $1,500 - $2,000 to survive there for a month, depends if you want to party at fancy clubs or just cook on your own at home. Apartments will run for about $400-$700 per month for a decent place.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Tsar wrote: I have a more traditional view on relationships with courtship and platonic love/romance. I don't think that should cause any problems if I find the right girl. In the past it was not considered respectable for a man to sleep with a girl that wasn't his bride. Someone like me would have been considered very respectable, people wouldn't think I was gay. Why did that change and why did it change everywhere in the world?
It didn't change. It certainly didn't change outside America (the only place that has gaydar) and the western world. Yes, it is true that modern media culture has created a sexually fueled world and finding your virgin bride will be more difficult than it was 30 years ago, but traditional people and cultures still exist. There are places where people still live with their parents until marriage and they have no opportunity to go out and do anything unseemly because the whole town would know about it instantly.

I have a friend who lost her virginity at 27. She had sex before marriage, but they had already decided and they married within a month of that. I know a number of girls whose parents won't let them date in any capacity until they graduate.

I can't speak for Eastern Europe. I know nothing about the place and have no interest, but in Asia, most girls lose their virginity at University age. The ones who do it in middle school and high school are rare, unlike in the US, and they are not well regarded by their peers, or anyone else.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I was wondering something.

How come Americans and Taiwanese generally would never travel alone, nor eat in a restaurant alone? Yet it's normal for Europeans and Australians to travel alone or go to restaurants alone?

Is it because Europeans and Australians are deeper and more enriched, and therefore enjoy their own company more?

Also, ironically, why is it that people who are not afraid to travel alone or eat alone at a restaurant, are far more social with strangers and easier to have an intelligent conversation with? I mean, how can people who are alone be more open and social with strangers, than people who are in groups and cliques and fear doing anything alone? Isn't that ironic?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Winston, once again you're way off base. Americans never eat alone? Never travel alone? C'mon man....

First, I'm American - I like traveling alone and I eat alone quite often.

I just got back from an island in the south of Thailand with very few people. Some were Americans TRAVELING ALONE. They even ate alone in the restaurant...you stereotype far too often.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Winston, once again you're way off base. Americans never eat alone? Never travel alone? C'mon man....

I just got back from an island in the south of Thailand with very few people. Some were Americans TRAVELING ALONE. They even ate alone in the restaurant...you stereotype far too often.
I think what he's trying to say is that in America, eating alone in a restaurant, being alone in a club or bar, or traveling alone--is seen as weird and 'anti-social,' whereas in Asia--it's not seen as anything out of the ordinary. ...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Winston, once again you're way off base. Americans never eat alone? Never travel alone? C'mon man....

Speak for yourself. At the Vietnamese restaurant I ate at just now, no one ate alone. If someone came in alone, it was to order take out.

I've been in a LOT of restaurants in CA and NV and do not see people eating alone. Only at fast food restaurants do people eat alone. Jamesbond noticed this too. Why are you debating it? You are weird.

This is a pattern I see in restaurants. The people you see there are not alone.

Why are you calling me a liar? I know what I see, and so does everyone else. So what is your problem?

In Taiwan, it is also weird to eat alone. Even when I eat at canteens, the lady has asked me "You're here alone?" as though it were unusual.

Very few Americans dare to travel alone. You met some exceptions. But most won't. Go ahead and ask around. Most Americans will tell you that they won't travel alone.

The other night, I went to a movie theater to see the movie "Gravity 3D" and NO ONE was there alone. NO ONE. I was the only one that was there alone. Why is that? In a movie theater, you don't talk or interact so why do you need someone to go with? Strange.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne