Help, I might be evicted from my house and need some advice

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Help, I might be evicted from my house and need some advice

Post by Mr.Darcy »

My roommates are a bunch of idiots and we are on the verge of getting evicted and sued due to the conditions of our house according to our landlord. As a result, we stopped having parties here. Not even two weeks after being threatened with a lawsuit, one dumbass thinks it is a great idea to have a christmas party here this Friday, so he goes behind our backs to plan a party with the social chair of our fraternity. I am against the idea totally, but the other roommates just want to have conditions in writing before we have a party. These conditions pretty much state that if brothers do not show up to clean the next day than they get fined. The reason we are in this predicate because nobody shows up to clean and we have had our house severely damaged by parties. What's funny is that our house has never been damaged by our random gdi parties, but there's always damage after a fraternity party. As a result, average minded brothers with houses never let the fraternity party at their house. I don't feel comfortable with my future fiscal and residency status being dependent on whether a bunch of drunk overgrown children will take proper care of my house or not. Our pledges have already been initiated, so these are actual brothers coming to clean our house on Saturday. The penalty for not showing up to cleaning is a mere 10 dollars. In addition, our fines are softly enforced.

My only defense if things go south is that I was at work all day which I am scheduled to work 5-10 on Friday. I refuse to get evicted from my house and still have to pay 450 a month on top of rent for my new place of residence.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Refuse to pay your rent if they have the party, they depend on your chunk of the money right?

Otherwise it's obviously time to move out, I can't stand that kind of mentality and have no clue how you'd handle that at your place of rest.

Why spend money on a bad situation that's only going to hinder you in the long run, you need to get away from that.
Debue_01
Freshman Poster

Post by Debue_01 »

nice post !