Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


I'm new and need advice.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

I'm new and need advice.

Postby cazwilde95 » December 10th, 2013, 11:09 pm

So basically I've been speaking to this women who's from Colombia and we get on really well she's 38 and I'm 18 soon to be 19 and she thinks I'm very machure for my age and that she would never of considerd someone of my age previous and that it's new for her so ye basically she's asked me to visit but I'm worried because I've never been on holiday by myself and I cant speak Spanish + it's colombia its ment to be dangers so ye i need adivce and she has a Daughter, Thanks for your time.

Also does anyone know if latamdate.com is a legit website ?
cazwilde95
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: December 10th, 2013, 10:31 pm
Location: Leeds, England




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby gsjackson » December 11th, 2013, 5:16 am

Well, if you're only 18, she probably doesn't think you have money, unless you told her otherwise. Nevertheless, it's a situation I'd be pretty careful about, but then again, a 38-year-old Colombian woman might take you for the ride of your life. Just don't get married. No matter how mature she tells you that you are, you're still 18, you spell mature machure, and you don't know anything about Colombia. Do due diligence to learn everything you can about the country and proper precautions, if you do go.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Postby Ghost » December 11th, 2013, 3:29 pm

She has a kid? Steer clear. She's old? Steer clear.

Why not try to meet better women online, learn Spanish in the meantime (you can have decent enough skill in it within a month), and then go to visit Columbia? That's my advice.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Postby Jester » December 14th, 2013, 9:47 am

Ghost wrote:She has a kid? Steer clear. She's old? Steer clear.

Why not try to meet better women online, learn Spanish in the meantime (you can have decent enough skill in it within a month), and then go to visit Columbia? That's my advice.


Ditto.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: I'm new and need advice.

Postby Jester » December 14th, 2013, 9:48 am

cazwilde95 wrote:So basically I've been speaking to this women who's from Colombia and we get on really well she's 38 and I'm 18 soon to be 19 and she thinks I'm very machure for my age and that she would never of considerd someone of my age previous and that it's new for her so ye basically she's asked me to visit but I'm worried because I've never been on holiday by myself and I cant speak Spanish + it's colombia its ment to be dangers so ye i need adivce and she has a Daughter, Thanks for your time.

Also does anyone know if latamdate.com is a legit website ?


She approached you, right?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby polya » December 14th, 2013, 11:16 am

My advice is to meet other girls from Columbia online now, then go there and pick the best looking one. The biggest mistake guys make is travelling to meet one girl and you find she's not right. Monogamy is not needed in other countries, only in the West.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 850
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

Postby Hero » December 14th, 2013, 12:47 pm

gsjackson wrote:Well, if you're only 18, she probably doesn't think you have money, unless you told her otherwise. Nevertheless, it's a situation I'd be pretty careful about, but then again, a 38-year-old Colombian woman might take you for the ride of your life. Just don't get married. No matter how mature she tells you that you are, you're still 18, you spell mature machure, and you don't know anything about Colombia. Do due diligence to learn everything you can about the country and proper precautions, if you do go.


I second this. Use extreme caution.

Have you two chatted with a cam yet?
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Postby Hero » December 14th, 2013, 12:53 pm

polya wrote:My advice is to meet other girls from Columbia online now, then go there and pick the best looking one. The biggest mistake guys make is travelling to meet one girl and you find she's not right. Monogamy is not needed in other countries, only in the West.


Yeah. I'm chatting online with women from the Dominican Republic, and a lot of them insist that they be the ONLY one who I come to visit. They justify this demand by saying that they're looking for a serious relationship. But without exception, these women are logging onto the matchmaking website every day, trying to get the best possible deal that they can. So they think that they have the right to shop around, but I don't. Unbelievable. :roll:
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Postby droid » January 6th, 2014, 6:26 am

cazwilde95 wrote:she's 38 and I'm 18 soon to be 19

Goddammit value yourself. You're the type of guy that ruins it for everybody else. Have some damn standards.
How about the poor chump that's 45-50 and can't get her now? She will ditch him now.

I don't get the foo-king fad about younger dudes chasing older women, is it really for 'bragging rights'? someone explain that to me.

gsjackson wrote:might take you for the ride of your life.

You mean "might take you for a ride"
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2951
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Postby droid » January 6th, 2014, 6:42 am

If you had traveled to different places and recovered your self-esteem, you'd realize you could go for the daughter, who's probably 20.
Don't make a mistake now.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2951
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Postby Maverick » January 6th, 2014, 7:10 am

droid wrote:
cazwilde95 wrote:she's 38 and I'm 18 soon to be 19

Goddammit value yourself. You're the type of guy that ruins it for everybody else. Have some damn standards.
How about the poor chump that's 45-50 and can't get her now? She will ditch him now.

I don't get the foo-king fad about younger dudes chasing older women, is it really for 'bragging rights'? someone explain that to me.

gsjackson wrote:might take you for the ride of your life.

You mean "might take you for a ride"


+1

I don't see the point in chasing older women when it's the "in" thing in the US.

OP, just wait until you're 21, go to a bar in the US, and approach an older woman. It will be an easy lay. If you want to go overseas, shoot for higher quality than that.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 573
Joined: May 18th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Postby bones765 » January 6th, 2014, 6:33 pm

my exprience dealing with latin-american women who are of that age; steer away from them. latin-american women who are in their 30s and unmarried usually mean they are spoiled baggage, much like most women in the anglosphere. also most likely, she has at least one kid. just my 2 cents.
bones765
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 44
Joined: December 2nd, 2013, 8:55 pm

Postby polya » January 6th, 2014, 8:17 pm

So cazwilde95, what have you decided to do? I'm boycotting threads that no-body gets back and tells us what they decided. I don't want to be negative, but she sounds like she's using you and as soon as you get there she'll find ways to part you from your parent's money...
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 850
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

Postby newlifeinphilippines » January 8th, 2014, 1:47 am

Hero wrote:
polya wrote:My advice is to meet other girls from Columbia online now, then go there and pick the best looking one. The biggest mistake guys make is travelling to meet one girl and you find she's not right. Monogamy is not needed in other countries, only in the West.


Yeah. I'm chatting online with women from the Dominican Republic, and a lot of them insist that they be the ONLY one who I come to visit. They justify this demand by saying that they're looking for a serious relationship. But without exception, these women are logging onto the matchmaking website every day, trying to get the best possible deal that they can. So they think that they have the right to shop around, but I don't. Unbelievable. :roll:


LOL ive had some on the dating site for philippines say that too. Ive even had a couple stop chatting immediately cause they wanted me only to chat with them (it was our first chat which makes it even more ludicrous).
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: December 14th, 2013, 12:06 am

Re: I'm new and need advice.

Postby chibolo » January 8th, 2014, 2:36 pm

cazwilde95 wrote:
Also does anyone know if latamdate.com is a legit website ?


This site is a scam. It is just like Amolatina.com, which is a known scam site. These women are being paid by the site to chat with you.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 508
Joined: July 23rd, 2013, 3:06 am


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests