Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why HA is unique, original and one-of-a-kind

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Why HA is unique, original and one-of-a-kind

Postby Winston » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:43 am

Have any of you ever considered what makes this site unique and original? The reasons are:

1) We are the only site to combine all three of the below:

- An expat site.
- An international dating site.
- An anti-American site.

Other sites are one of the above, but not all three. Think about it. We are the first to combine all three.

2) We are the only serious and focused movement that promotes OVERSEAS living and traveling as a SOLUTION to loneliness, isolation, datelessness, and mental health problems in the US, as well as economic problems sometimes too. NO ONE else does this seriously, not even the big names in the alternative media or conspiracy movement.

3) We are the only resource that freely and openly discusses the big problem of SOCIAL ISOLATION in America, as well as the alienation and loneliness that it brings, and how UNSOCIAL America really is. Isolation and loneliness are taboo topics in America that you are supposed to deny lest you appear to be a loser. No one really dares to touch it. Definitely not the media. Yet we freely discuss it as a normal thing that is obvious to all.

America is definitely UNSOCIAL compared to most countries, but you aren't allowed to bring exposure to it, instead, you are supposed to accept it as "the way of the world". Thus, sadly, most people accept loneliness and isolation as the way of the world and think they can't do anything about it.

So be proud that you are a member here! :) And share this site with all your friends and acquaintances.
Last edited by Winston on Mon May 05, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23607
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby Ghost » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:31 am

Plus free speech. That's the most important part. Sites that repress speech do so because they are corrupt and feminized.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Billy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:52 am

It´s all looks. Because Winston is good looking this site works.
Billy
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Postby Devil Dog » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Billy wrote:It´s all looks. Because Winston is good looking this site works.


Women want Winston.

Men want to be Winston.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:55 am

Postby Hackenfall Backslash » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:44 pm

This site isn't really unique. As far as talking about solutions, I have yet to see any of that. The handful of users who do talk about solutions are met with "mangina" and that rather annoying pill colour analogy. Travelling may be a solution, but it isn't hard to believe the problem could be that person.

I'll give you the lack of political correctness. At least you guys aren't hypnotised by the west and all its glory. You're critical of it, and realise that America and its pals aren't perfect -- in fact, they're far from it. THAT I will give you, but you're just as bad as other expat/travelling/social culture sites because the ratio of bickering to useful posts are marginal at best.
Image
Avatar: Edward and Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Signature: Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne)
Hackenfall Backslash
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 pm
Location: Southern USA

Postby HouseMD » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Ghost wrote:Plus free speech. That's the most important part. Sites that repress speech do so because they are corrupt and feminized.

-Nearly- free speech. Quite a few regulars have run afoul of the mods lately.
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Postby tre » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Hackenfall Backslash wrote:This site isn't really unique. As far as talking about solutions, I have yet to see any of that. The handful of users who do talk about solutions are met with "mangina" and that rather annoying pill colour analogy. Travelling may be a solution, but it isn't hard to believe the problem could be that person.

I'll give you the lack of political correctness. At least you guys aren't hypnotised by the west and all its glory. You're critical of it, and realise that America and its pals aren't perfect -- in fact, they're far from it. THAT I will give you, but you're just as bad as other expat/travelling/social culture sites because the ratio of bickering to useful posts are marginal at best.


What makes this forum great is the varied opinions and views of the members here. There are some posters here that are a wealth of knowledge due to their REAL experiences with foreign countries, with women, with finances, etc.. However, the forum is losing some of them due to a lack of free speech. There are a lot of complainers venting and plenty of members that will add to that venting/complaining. What we don't have enough of are members that provide REAL solutions. AIB was one of the few posters that made me want to join this forum. Kai was another one. Hopefully Kai is still here (he's not posting as much these days) and AIB will come back. There are many great posters still here, but I just don't want to see any more of them leave...
tre
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 am
Location: USA

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:14 am

HouseMD wrote:
Ghost wrote:Plus free speech. That's the most important part. Sites that repress speech do so because they are corrupt and feminized.

-Nearly- free speech. Quite a few regulars have run afoul of the mods lately.


Well, I know americaninbangkok got temp-banned. AiB was frequently going Chuck Norris on everybody and threatening roundhouse kicks to the face. He would be a better poster if he learned to say more than "f**k" every few words. That said, he has lived in Thailand for years and says he knows how to speak Thai. It's definitely worth something. But information on Thailand is plentiful. It's no big loss and it's not good for a forum to have posters threatening others with violence because they don't like what they say. And that's what AiB did: when someone said something he didn't like, he got all butt-hurt and started threatening. That's not free speech.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Taco » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:25 am

Most online forums have a control freak trying censor any doctrine by its members that doesn't conform to their own "programming", HA doesn't. I greatly appreciate the free exchange of ideas on HA despite the fact I don't always agree with everyone's opinion. I've learned a lot of new things I wouldn't have found out about otherwise. Keep it coming!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:34 am

Hackenfall Backslash wrote:This site isn't really unique. As far as talking about solutions, I have yet to see any of that. The handful of users who do talk about solutions are met with "mangina" and that rather annoying pill colour analogy. Travelling may be a solution, but it isn't hard to believe the problem could be that person.

I'll give you the lack of political correctness. At least you guys aren't hypnotised by the west and all its glory. You're critical of it, and realise that America and its pals aren't perfect -- in fact, they're far from it. THAT I will give you, but you're just as bad as other expat/travelling/social culture sites because the ratio of bickering to useful posts are marginal at best.


Why do you say that? The three reasons I gave above for why this site is very unique are true and accurate. Can you explain why they are not?

Read what I wrote on the home page, and you will see that no other site says such things or proposes the same solutions. It's obvious.

The solution we have here is to GO ABROAD of course. The how of it is another matter. But that is the solution I'm referring to. So perhaps you misunderstand what I mean. Other sites that talk about the problems in America don't do that. Look at them and you will see.

Case in point: Go to Alex Jones' Prison Planet or Infowars sites for example. They talk about the NWO globalists and all the terrible things they do to America. But they have no solution other than to stand and hope for mass resistance. They never recommend going abroad.

Nothing wrong with bickering. People need to vent. If you don't allow that, they will hold steam inside and that could cause health problems. Better to allow healthy venting than let it escalate into acts of violence.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23607
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:39 am

tre wrote:
Hackenfall Backslash wrote:This site isn't really unique. As far as talking about solutions, I have yet to see any of that. The handful of users who do talk about solutions are met with "mangina" and that rather annoying pill colour analogy. Travelling may be a solution, but it isn't hard to believe the problem could be that person.

I'll give you the lack of political correctness. At least you guys aren't hypnotised by the west and all its glory. You're critical of it, and realise that America and its pals aren't perfect -- in fact, they're far from it. THAT I will give you, but you're just as bad as other expat/travelling/social culture sites because the ratio of bickering to useful posts are marginal at best.


What makes this forum great is the varied opinions and views of the members here. There are some posters here that are a wealth of knowledge due to their REAL experiences with foreign countries, with women, with finances, etc.. However, the forum is losing some of them due to a lack of free speech. There are a lot of complainers venting and plenty of members that will add to that venting/complaining. What we don't have enough of are members that provide REAL solutions. AIB was one of the few posters that made me want to join this forum. Kai was another one. Hopefully Kai is still here (he's not posting as much these days) and AIB will come back. There are many great posters still here, but I just don't want to see any more of them leave...


Which veteran experts have we lost here? The long time experts here - Ladislav, Mr S, Rock, Momopi, Repatriate, etc. - are still here.

What do you mean lack of free speech. We have not curbed free speech. Are you referring to AiB's temporary ban for threatening violence? Well what did you expect? How is that an infringement on free speech? Are you saying you believe that making violent threats should be allowed? If so, why?

If this were your forum, you'd allow that? I guarantee you that if this were AiB's forum, he would have banned people like me and anyone he doesn't like, long ago. There is no doubt that I am one of the most tolerant moderators in the world. Even Rock told me that it's very hard to get banned here. lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23607
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Hackenfall Backslash » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:38 pm

It's actually easier than you think to get banned, from what I see going through this site's old posts. A good number of decent and informative posters have left, while the obvious trolls are encouraged to stay.
Image
Avatar: Edward and Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Signature: Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne)
Hackenfall Backslash
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 pm
Location: Southern USA

Postby zboy1 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:34 am

Hackenfall Backslash wrote:It's actually easier than you think to get banned, from what I see going through this site's old posts. A good number of decent and informative posters have left, while the obvious trolls are encouraged to stay.


That's an idiotic thing to say: it's practically impossible to get banned here...unless you are a complete troll. So are you saying psychos like Konrad/Philosophical Filipino, Odbo, Gordan, BoycottAmericanWomen, BlueMurder, Lone Yakuza and OilTradingAcademy are quality posters? LOL!

The reason some of the quality posters have left is because they complained this forum was 'too lenient' in the moderating.

I think you are a troll as well, Hackenfall. I'm starting to get suspicious of you with that post...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Hackenfall Backslash » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:57 am

zboy1 wrote:So are you saying psychos like Konrad/Philosophical Filipino, Odbo, Gordan, BoycottAmericanWomen, BlueMurder, Lone Yakuza and OilTradingAcademy are quality posters? LOL!

Yeah, I don't think you dress yourself in the morning. Not a troll, because even a troll makes sense when they say things. You're just . . . not playing with a full deck of cards. Okay, Gordan, Odbo (whom you defend even when he insults your own kind, by the way), and BAW are pyschos, but Blue Murder (especially), and Lone Yakuza are quality posters. You're not too bright, so I don't expect you to take what I'm saying to heart or mind.

zboy1 wrote:The reason some of the quality posters have left is because they complained this forum was 'too lenient' in the moderating.

It really isn't.

zboy1 wrote:I think you are a troll as well, Hackenfall. I'm starting to get suspicious of you with that post...

Y u mad tho?

zboy1 wrote:That's an idiotic thing to say: it's practically impossible to get banned here...unless you are a complete troll.

Oh, by the way, the fact that your mate Odbo is still here proves that isn't true, moron. I question your level of sanity. Who defends someone who insults their race, then calls them a psycho, but THEN defaults their own position with something like "impossible to get banned"?
Image
Avatar: Edward and Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Signature: Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne)
Hackenfall Backslash
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 pm
Location: Southern USA

Postby gsjackson » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:47 am

zboy1 wrote:I think you are a troll as well, Hackenfall. I'm starting to get suspicious of you with that post...


It's AIB.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests