Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Weight Lifting (Bulking) Programs

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby fightforlove » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:19 am

Gentlemen, it's been going quite well, thanks for all of your inputs.

I have one little prob, getting tired on some days, particularly back/bicep day.

Seated Bicep Curls
Seated Row
Pull Ups
Pull Downs
Seated Dumbell Curls

I'm doing each one: 12 10 8 with increasing (5-10 lb increments) on each set. I can feel myself just burning out midway through this, especially after the seated bicep curls.

Heard that the seated machine curls and dumbell curls are a bit redundant, should I replace one of the curls with a hammer curl or perhaps a back exercise? Or, just leave one out and do only 4 exercises for now? Or, am I perhaps lifting too heavy and should drop down to lower weights and work my way back up?

I'm eating more than usual, particularly on workout days, keeping it fairly clean too. My sleep patterns have been inconsistent, so I know I need to get better night's sleep to avoid fatigue. Any other thoughts?
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Postby Cornfed » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:00 am

fightforlove wrote:Gentlemen, it's been going quite well, thanks for all of your inputs.

I have one little prob, getting tired on some days, particularly back/bicep day.

Seated Bicep Curls
Seated Row
Pull Ups
Pull Downs
Seated Dumbell Curls

I'm doing each one: 12 10 8 with increasing (5-10 lb increments) on each set. I can feel myself just burning out midway through this, especially after the seated bicep curls.

Heard that the seated machine curls and dumbell curls are a bit redundant, should I replace one of the curls with a hammer curl or perhaps a back exercise? Or, just leave one out and do only 4 exercises for now?

If you want to eliminate exercises from that, the pull downs and seated curls are probably a bit redundant. You could replace them with a back isolation exercise such as bent over flies and/or with a brachialis exercise such as hammer curls or reverse curls. Why so many seated exercises? Standing exercises would improve your midsection and co-ordination.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby fightforlove » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Okay, so I've mixed in a hammer curl, eating more and getting proper rest and the fatigue issues have gone away. However, for the past month I think I've plateaued, really strugglin' with any weight incrementation at this point.

I talked to a trainer at my gym and he recommended a totally different approach: go for the highest weight I can lift at least once, first, then go down in weight over 2-3 more sets with increasing reps on each. So, it would be something like:

heaviest x 1 rep
high middle x 2 reps
low middle x 3 reps
lighter x 5 reps

Otherwise, I was thinking maybe I need to mix in some isolated/isometric exercises to focus on building specific muscles: (eg isolated tricep or isolated bicep exercise). Which is the better approach?
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions