Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The myth of "the good old days"

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

The myth of "the good old days"

Postby TopSpruce » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:58 am

First off, let me state that I do believe girls 30,20, and even 20 years ago were more traditional and higher quality than girls right now.
But I don't believe things were better than they are now. Let me explain.

Girsl now are getting more and more "modern" and don't provide for good relationships. They are getting more feminist, lazy, unrealistic, and so on.

But these things were happening 50 or 100 years ago too!
The girl of the 1960s or 70s may seem great now, but a man in that age would see less and less feminine girls as society modernized year by year. 19th century girls were much higher quality, I'm sure.

If you really want a quality girl you have to go to a pre-industrial society.

Even in the 50s and 60s you had guys going abroad to find better women.
You had asian marriage agencies back in the 1980s and earlier.
I know a guy in his 70s who travelled to Sweden in the 1970s when he was probably an early 30s guy.
He wrote a guide on meeting beautiful Swedish girls. People back then found scandinavian girls feminine and friendlier than american girls.

The difference now is probably that modern civ has "advanced" to such a point that larger numbers of people are losing out in the dating game.

The main thing to take away from this is that there is no golden age to be had, no p00sy paradise to be found, and things are only going to keep getting worse and worse.

The breakup of the Soviet Union was a once in a lifetime event that yielded the glorious 1990s when hot young Russian girls would practically throw themselves at decent foreigners. The old timers who experienced it say nowadays its not the same. A period like that isn't likely to happen again.

Latin America is no longer as good as it once was according to many. The more attractive girls in Argentina, Columbia, and Brazil are now harder to meet. Foreigners are now heading to Peru and Bolivia to meet girls and the type they are meeting is much less attractive nowadays.
China is fast modernizing and developing.
Places like sub-Saharan Africa and the Philippines are some of the few places left if you like that type of woman.


No matter which country you travel to, most likely you'll have to make some compromises and pick places that might not offer great job opportunities or have awful weather. If you pick a place with more beautiful women you may find harder to meet them and that may take a lot of time and effort. You may find modernity encroaching and have relationship troubles or even a divorce. At least enjoy the good time you have. Don't bet on making a fortune in the USA/the West and then having a good time later, you may become ill or the country may change for the worse. The world is mainly flowing in one direction...and it doesn't seem to be a good one.

Basically, Find a halfway decent country to settle in while you still can. Enjoy it while you're still young to the fullest extent possible.
Last edited by TopSpruce on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am







Postby Teal Lantern » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:13 am

Agreed. 8)

http://www.the-spearhead.com/2013/12/07 ... n-the-50s/


The reason people generally behaved in a conservative manner was not because the culture forced them to, but because the hard lessons of the Great Depression and war were such recent memories. Your typical middle-aged man in the 1950s, like my paternal grandfather, had been a struggling youth in the depths of the Great Depression, and young fathers had faced the very real possibility of death in uniform. My 90-year-old maternal grandfather, who flew 32 missions from ’43-’44, watched men burn to death after bailing out of stricken B-17s. My uncle Buddy watched Shanghai burn as Japanese bombed the city, uncle Edgar’s destroyer was bombed and almost sunk, and uncle Barney died in the Philippines. This is the perspective men had at the time. The idea that they could suffer through that and be bossed around in their own homes was unthinkable. Feminists who complain about how oppressed women were in the 50s never would have signed up for what grown men of the time had faced, and most women knew it, so they shut up and did the laundry.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:32 am

More stuff that doesn't apply to Men of Color, only to White men... Actually let me take that back in the 1960 Census more White men were married to Black women than Black men married to White women....

As I have always said on here, I have NO IDEA what White men are whining about, buckle down and stop being a lazy SOB trying to use your privilege to have sh*t handed too you with little protest.

The problem White men have with feminism is they are forcing those who don't have tremendous wealth/status/looks EARN the right to date them and they HATE that.

So they continue to write BS like the link you posted Teal. I really don't give a f**k about White men waxing on about WWII, that shit was 70-80 years ago.

Women could be bossed around because divorced was harder to get and women were told by their mother's who suffered through the Great Depression that women should stay with men even if they were abusive because they didn't want to become poor.

Women seldom trained for any useable job skill back in those days, its not an accident when old movies show women not doing much more than being secretaries and in Some Like It Hot, a girl's jazz bad (entertainment).

There whole intention was to get married and for men to take care of them.

Now that women don't need men like that anymore, too many White men are failing the couth test. They also expect that while men are more visual that women should accept their sloppy dress, nose digging, ass scratching, farting, can't dance and don't give a f**k attitude they have.

This is why they go into developing countries hoping the local women will continue to view them as the White Knight, White Savior, Capt Save A Hoe.
Last edited by djfourmoney on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby fschmidt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:35 am

I agree with TopSpruce, but the article from The Spearhead, like everything from MGTOW, is crap. That article doesn't recognize the historical context. The biggest change for the worse was in the 1920s, when men, in their infinite stupidity, gave women the vote. The high point in America was in the mid-1800s. For example, read de Tocqueville:

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocquev ... l#book3.10
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocquev ... l#book3.12

Or his friend Gustave de Beaumont:

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/DETOC ... m#beaumont
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby SilverEnergy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:57 am

Dude, you can still find a quality woman in latin america or asia, especially if you're white.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:13 am

fschmidt wrote:I agree with TopSpruce, but the article from The Spearhead, like everything from MGTOW, is crap. That article doesn't recognize the historical context. The biggest change for the worse was in the 1920s, when men, in their infinite stupidity, gave women the vote. The high point in America was in the mid-1800s. For example, read de Tocqueville:

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocquev ... l#book3.10
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocquev ... l#book3.12

Or his friend Gustave de Beaumont:

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/DETOC ... m#beaumont


Oh so it was a mistake to give women the right to vote? I suppose it was wrong to free the slaves and just let Capitalism make it obsolete?

It was precisely because over the historical arc that men felt they should impose on women mentally and physically whenever they felt like it and went it suited them.

(It's)This attitude is why White women are playing Gender War with you and may end up winning in Western Culture. They are focusing on little boys, especially little White boys as they feed them all sort of psychotropic drugs -

http://www.corbettreport.com/interview- ... the-dsm-5/

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/12/17/ ... scriptions

They will push to take your firearms from you because too many of you are irresponsible with such deadly force.

It is a proxy war and I am sort of sorry for that but you've had it coming; men who don't have a racist/bigoted bone in their body are going to get swept up in this but I have a hard time feeling sorry because too many of you are complicit in your own demise.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:14 am

SilverEnergy wrote:Dude, you can still find a quality woman in latin America or asia, especially if you're white.


Skip it, they rather complain, its easier and cheaper.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby fschmidt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:36 am

djfourmoney wrote:Oh so it was a mistake to give women the right to vote? I suppose it was wrong to free the slaves and just let Capitalism make it obsolete?

There is no connection between these 2 questions, the answers to which are yes and no.

(It's)This attitude is why White women are playing Gender War with you and may end up winning in Western Culture.

They can have it as far as I am concerned.

I have a hard time feeling sorry because too many of you are complicit in your own demise.

Any man who supports giving women the vote is complicit in the demise of their culture. For a full explanation, see:

http://www.biblicjudaism.org/Against-Wo ... -tp11.html
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby Teal Lantern » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:40 am

djfourmoney wrote: (It's)This attitude is why White women are playing Gender War with you and may end up winning in Western Culture. They are focusing on little boys, especially little White boys as they feed them all sort of psychotropic drugs -

http://www.corbettreport.com/interview- ... the-dsm-5/

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/12/17/ ... scriptions

They will push to take your firearms from you because too many of you are irresponsible with such deadly force.

It is a proxy war and I am sort of sorry for that but you've had it coming; men who don't have a racist/bigoted bone in their body are going to get swept up in this but I have a hard time feeling sorry because too many of you are complicit in your own demise.


The parts I bolded are why I decided some years ago to
1) never have kids in this culture; they'll dope them into insanity before letting you raise and guide them to not be feral and
2) look for a decent overseas destination.
Around here, they'll get to sneezing and me and mine will wind up with pneumonia (economically speaking).
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby TopSpruce » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:02 am

SilverEnergy wrote:Dude, you can still find a quality woman in latin America or asia, especially if you're white.


Yes, and you can still get a quality woman in some Eastern European countries.
Asia and Latin america also have good woman.

BUT...there are no paradises to be found.

If you want one from China you have to be prepared to work hard and make compromises in terms of age and attractiveness.

If you want a cute girl from Brazil, its gonna take a lot of hard work and maybe years of searching. Its no paradise.

Was it ever a paradise? Probably not. But its harder than ever and its been getting harder and harder every year of the past decade or longer.


Instead of either looking for paradise or living in the past, its better to live in the present realistically. Its better to focus on self-improvement. The whole PUA type thing...not in terms of gimmicks but in terms of real improvement in social skills, building a social circle, working out to get in shape, building a business and making money, etc.


Sure, going to a better country helps. I am in the process of moving but ....its not my only priority.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am

Postby fschmidt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:19 am

TopSpruce wrote:Instead of either looking for paradise or living in the past, its better to live in the present realistically. Its better to focus on self-improvement. The whole PUA type thing...not in terms of gimmicks but in terms of real improvement in social skills, building a social circle, working out to get in shape, building a business and making money, etc.

It is still easy enough to find a quality woman, as SilverEnergy says. But after that, I think it is better to join a sane religion than to spend one's life trying to out-slime members of modern culture.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby TopSpruce » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:43 am

Yeah, the sad part is there are so few people who find religion worthwhile these days.

I paid a visit to an Orthodox cathedral today....,with 7 prople who showed up for services.
Perhaps so few came because it was a later service....but still

It was rather disheartening to see a nearly empty cathedral and few people singing.


Regarding the self improvement stuff: career, social circle, working out, dressing smart, etc....those are all prerequisites to finding a quality girl these days, any decent, attractive girl these days. It still takes a few years to find someone decent, even in latin america or eastern europe.
I spent the past 2 years searching for "paradise"... There is none that you don't make for yourself with hard work.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am

Postby fschmidt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:54 am

TopSpruce wrote:I spent the past 2 years searching for "paradise"... There is none that you don't make for yourself with hard work.

You can't make paradise by yourself because paradise is a good community. Finding a woman is the easy part. Finding a sane place to raise a family and to find trustworthy friends is the hard part.

I spent time researching religions including Orthodox Christianity and I settled on Karaite Judaism. I am planning to move and join their synagogue. I think the subject of religion is worth discussing because it is the only real possible solution to finding or forming a sane community. Also see this thread:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=20941
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby TopSpruce » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:34 am

Do you plan on living in Israel. Karaites are not well regarded there.
And in other countries they are a tiny minority.
What community do you hope to find there? are they welcoming?

It sounds nice, but finding a quality woman is not as easy as you say.
For me, it is necesary to move to eastern europe, develop a career, develop a social circle, hit the gym, further improve language skills, dress well, meet a lot of girls......and then, after a few years of searching find someone worth marrying.

In latin america, its really the same situation. These days it takes hard work to meet a decent girl and a lot of time and money.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am

Postby tre » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:28 am

djfourmoney wrote:
fschmidt wrote:I agree with TopSpruce, but the article from The Spearhead, like everything from MGTOW, is crap. That article doesn't recognize the historical context. The biggest change for the worse was in the 1920s, when men, in their infinite stupidity, gave women the vote. The high point in America was in the mid-1800s. For example, read de Tocqueville:

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocquev ... l#book3.10
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocquev ... l#book3.12

Or his friend Gustave de Beaumont:

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/DETOC ... m#beaumont


Oh so it was a mistake to give women the right to vote? I suppose it was wrong to free the slaves and just let Capitalism make it obsolete?

It was precisely because over the historical arc that men felt they should impose on women mentally and physically whenever they felt like it and went it suited them.

(It's)This attitude is why White women are playing Gender War with you and may end up winning in Western Culture. They are focusing on little boys, especially little White boys as they feed them all sort of psychotropic drugs -

http://www.corbettreport.com/interview- ... the-dsm-5/

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/12/17/ ... scriptions

They will push to take your firearms from you because too many of you are irresponsible with such deadly force.

It is a proxy war and I am sort of sorry for that but you've had it coming; men who don't have a racist/bigoted bone in their body are going to get swept up in this but I have a hard time feeling sorry because too many of you are complicit in your own demise.


I think that women should have the right to vote, even though they have been TERRIBLE voters recently and in the past. Without the woman vote, prohibition would have never happened and there would not likely be a war on drugs now. The prison industrial complex would not be as ridiculous as it is today. I could go on and on. Women are emotional voters and that makes them dangerous IMO. However, I think the problem is that men aren't as influential on women as they should be. Women should vote the same way as their husbands. If they are unwilling to do that, then they are not good partners. Much of the fault lies with corrupt Elitist-controlled, lamestream media, but it is also the fault of society for not seeing through the nonsense. Men cannot claim innocence as too many have rolled over and given in...

I think there are far too many entitled men who think they should be given whatever they want when it comes to women. I hate that entitlement attitude. If you are so smart then you will figure out HOW to get what you want and then you will go about doing what you have to do in order to get it. If you aren't willing to do anything, then you deserve exactly nothing...
tre
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 am
Location: USA

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests