Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The myth of "the good old days"

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Postby fschmidt » December 23rd, 2013, 4:16 pm

TopSpruce wrote:Do you plan on living in Israel. Karaites are not well regarded there.
And in other countries they are a tiny minority.
What community do you hope to find there? are they welcoming?

They have a synagogue in Daly City, California. I found them welcoming.

It sounds nice, but finding a quality woman is not as easy as you say.
For me, it is necesary to move to eastern europe, develop a career, develop a social circle, hit the gym, further improve language skills, dress well, meet a lot of girls......and then, after a few years of searching find someone worth marrying.

In latin America, its really the same situation. These days it takes hard work to meet a decent girl and a lot of time and money.

This sounds reasonable. I don't know because I met my wife Mexico a long time ago.
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby Cornfed » December 23rd, 2013, 8:32 pm

fschmidt wrote:I agree with TopSpruce, but the article from The Spearhead, like everything from MGTOW, is crap. That article doesn't recognize the historical context. The biggest change for the worse was in the 1920s, when men, in their infinite stupidity, gave women the vote.

Apparently the elite attempted to turn females into feminist sluts in the 20s in the way that they succeeding in doing in the 60s, but the attempt was not particularly successful because the technology hadn't caught up with their agenda. Females were discouraged from being sluts due to high rates of incurable STDs and the lack of birth control and safe abortions. Also, the nonsense paper shuffling jobs and welfare given to single skanks could not be implemented in time, so there was no economic driver for feminism. The 20s could be considered a trial run.
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5674
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Postby Winston » December 23rd, 2013, 10:05 pm

TopSpruce,
You make a lot of great points. Yes, the "good old days" thing is relative. Back in the 70's, people were complaining about the lack of values. In the 70's movie "An Unmarried Woman", the women friends talking together were saying how the movie stars in the 40's were better than today.

If you were a man back then, you'd probably say that in the 40's women had much better values and personalities and were more kind, sweet and caring. And if you were in the 40's, you would hear that women from Victorian England in the 19th Century were the ideal. Etc.

It's all relative. We always think that the current times are tough, that the past was better, and that the future looks bleak. It seems to be psychological. See this article:

The past is both better and less intense than the present
Why do we look back so fondly on the past?
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ult ... he-present

I agree that materialism and industrialization has changed people a lot, especially women. But the world will always be diverse. Unless it turns into some unified utopia like the Earth in Star Trek where there is no racism or poverty, all people are unified under a one world government, and everyone has access to the benefits of modern technology. Yeah right.

If you are right though that women are changing around the world, then the solution isn't just to enjoy it now while you can. Why not hurry up and find a good quality wife to settle down with, while you can? You should be trying to do that asap.

TopSpruce wrote:Yeah, the sad part is there are so few people who find religion worthwhile these days.

I paid a visit to an Orthodox cathedral today....,with 7 prople who showed up for services.
Perhaps so few came because it was a later service....but still

It was rather disheartening to see a nearly empty cathedral and few people singing.


Regarding the self improvement stuff: career, social circle, working out, dressing smart, etc....those are all prerequisites to finding a quality girl these days, any decent, attractive girl these days. It still takes a few years to find someone decent, even in latin America or eastern europe.
I spent the past 2 years searching for "paradise"... There is none that you don't make for yourself with hard work.


Not necessarily. Some guys meet their soulmate or wife early on, or at first sight. Not all guys have to wait years. They say that the right one comes when you don't expect it. Sometimes that is true. Love isn't something you can control with a formula or system. You should not generalize like that. You simply don't know.
Last edited by Winston on December 24th, 2013, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24665
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby Banano » December 23rd, 2013, 11:40 pm

As we become richer women become more independent and independent woman don't need men that much.
100 years ago women didn't have rights to vote and nowadays they are presidents, prime ministers, managers,executives, CEOs, business owners,etc
Once you identify the trend and its not hard to predict that things will get worse as women get more power and money, for men present is much better than future will be... so enjoy 3rd world countries while you can:)
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: June 11th, 2011, 9:26 am

Postby Someone » December 23rd, 2013, 11:57 pm

hot young Russian girls would practically throw themselves at decent foreigners. The old timers who experienced it say nowadays its not the same. A period like that isn't likely to happen again.

Latin America is no longer as good as it once was according to many. The more attractive girls in Argentina, Columbia, and Brazil are now harder to meet. Foreigners are now heading to Peru and Bolivia to meet girls and the type they are meeting is much less attractive nowadays.
China is fast modernizing and developing.
Places like sub-Saharan Africa and the Philippines are some of the few places left if you like that type of woman.


Fact to consider: you will never end up with a woman having a drastically different market value than yourself, regardless of where you go.

You want an example? Let's talk about Russia. Just today I read an article in the news about the Russian girls from "p***y Riot" who were released from jail today, and among them, the cutest girl is Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, 24, here's her photo:

Image

This girl is very cute and out of curiosity I googled her status and she's already married and has a kid. The Russian guy that she's married to? Here he is, on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyotr_Verzilov

As you can see, this Russian guy is quite good-looking, including by American or Western standards. This is just one example, but in general, I doubt that huge discrepancies in market value can occur even if the man is wealthy and travels to a poor country. You can't fool nature; relationships like that are by their nature very unstable and subject to some hidden agendas or infidelity.
Someone
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 171
Joined: November 20th, 2011, 4:08 am

Postby djfourmoney » December 24th, 2013, 1:31 am

fschmidt wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Oh so it was a mistake to give women the right to vote? I suppose it was wrong to free the slaves and just let Capitalism make it obsolete?

There is no connection between these 2 questions, the answers to which are yes and no.

(It's)This attitude is why White women are playing Gender War with you and may end up winning in Western Culture.

They can have it as far as I am concerned.

I have a hard time feeling sorry because too many of you are complicit in your own demise.

Any man who supports giving women the vote is complicit in the demise of their culture. For a full explanation, see:

http://www.biblicjudaism.org/Against-Wo ... -tp11.html


Nobody killed more people than religious nutcases in world history, no moral ground to stand on. fschmidt you have contempt for those that don't hold your religious and cultural values

There was nothing logically wrong with giving women the right to determine the direction of an economy and society she lives in. Minorities and Women having the same rights as White men is a threat to White men and White men only.

The culture is under demise for a variety of reasons and sorry its not just feminism.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 12:09 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby djfourmoney » December 24th, 2013, 1:50 am

tre wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
fschmidt wrote:I agree with TopSpruce, but the article from The Spearhead, like everything from MGTOW, is crap. That article doesn't recognize the historical context. The biggest change for the worse was in the 1920s, when men, in their infinite stupidity, gave women the vote. The high point in America was in the mid-1800s. For example, read de Tocqueville:

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocquev ... l#book3.10
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocquev ... l#book3.12

Or his friend Gustave de Beaumont:

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/DETOC ... m#beaumont


Oh so it was a mistake to give women the right to vote? I suppose it was wrong to free the slaves and just let Capitalism make it obsolete?

It was precisely because over the historical arc that men felt they should impose on women mentally and physically whenever they felt like it and went it suited them.

(It's)This attitude is why White women are playing Gender War with you and may end up winning in Western Culture. They are focusing on little boys, especially little White boys as they feed them all sort of psychotropic drugs -

http://www.corbettreport.com/interview- ... the-dsm-5/

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/12/17/ ... scriptions

They will push to take your firearms from you because too many of you are irresponsible with such deadly force.

It is a proxy war and I am sort of sorry for that but you've had it coming; men who don't have a racist/bigoted bone in their body are going to get swept up in this but I have a hard time feeling sorry because too many of you are complicit in your own demise.


I think that women should have the right to vote, even though they have been TERRIBLE voters recently and in the past. Without the woman vote, prohibition would have never happened and there would not likely be a war on drugs now. The prison industrial complex would not be as ridiculous as it is today. I could go on and on. Women are emotional voters and that makes them dangerous IMO. However, I think the problem is that men aren't as influential on women as they should be. Women should vote the same way as their husbands. If they are unwilling to do that, then they are not good partners. Much of the fault lies with corrupt Elitist-controlled, lamestream media, but it is also the fault of society for not seeing through the nonsense. Men cannot claim innocence as too many have rolled over and given in...

I think there are far too many entitled men who think they should be given whatever they want when it comes to women. I hate that entitlement attitude. If you are so smart then you will figure out HOW to get what you want and then you will go about doing what you have to do in order to get it. If you aren't willing to do anything, then you deserve exactly nothing...


Reimaging history aren't we? While the sufferjets were against drinking and the social issues it caused, it was White men who were behind prohibition, pushing it into the Black Economy where African Americans didn't benefit, White criminals did...

The PIC again was created by again by White men who coming out of the 60's and 70's social unrest wanted to align with Dixiecrats who then switched over to the GOP in Nixon's second election - http://billmoyers.com/segment/michelle- ... can-dream/

Nothing gets done in this country without White men.... Remember that. It has nothing to do with Women's illogical voting patterns whatever that means.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 12:09 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby djfourmoney » December 24th, 2013, 2:09 am

Someone wrote:
hot young Russian girls would practically throw themselves at decent foreigners. The old timers who experienced it say nowadays its not the same. A period like that isn't likely to happen again.

Latin America is no longer as good as it once was according to many. The more attractive girls in Argentina, Columbia, and Brazil are now harder to meet. Foreigners are now heading to Peru and Bolivia to meet girls and the type they are meeting is much less attractive nowadays.
China is fast modernizing and developing.
Places like sub-Saharan Africa and the Philippines are some of the few places left if you like that type of woman.


Fact to consider: you will never end up with a woman having a drastically different market value than yourself, regardless of where you go.

You want an example? Let's talk about Russia. Just today I read an article in the news about the Russian girls from "p***y Riot" who were released from jail today, and among them, the cutest girl is Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, 24, here's her photo:

Image

This girl is very cute and out of curiosity I googled her status and she's already married and has a kid. The Russian guy that she's married to? Here he is, on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyotr_Verzilov

As you can see, this Russian guy is quite good-looking, including by American or Western standards. This is just one example, but in general, I doubt that huge discrepancies in market value can occur even if the man is wealthy and travels to a poor country. You can't fool nature; relationships like that are by their nature very unstable and subject to some hidden agendas or infidelity.


If you guys want to create barriers for yourself, who am I to stop you?

As I have always said, minimize the worse things about you. If you tend to be loud, work on that. If you are less than in-shape, work on that. Money is not the end all to be all. If you believe you have to buy p***y you'll end up divorced at some point even if you do continue to accumulate wealth.

I said this years ago you can likely search for it on here; you can't keep going around the world looking to easier targets. Women expect a certain level of requirements for entry; if for some reason you fail to meet those you are not going to have a pleasant time dating anywhere in the world.

What does some Russian guy married to a member of p***y Riot have to do with you? There are more single women in Russia than they are suitable men to marry, period, end of story, full stop.

You don't even have to learn Russian as more and more of them are fluent English speakers especially those under 30.

There are still tons of women available in Ukraine and elsewhere in the FSU. All the marriageable men have left the country to earn more money or did you miss that part? All that doesn't matter however, you can still find a nice Ukrainian, Moldovan or Belarusian woman.

Brazil is not a hard nut to crack, you are intimidated by women. Don't feel bad I once was as well until I understood my value in relation to a single woman who if she fools around too much and is overly picky she'll end up a old cat lady and women know what's a real possibly. If you want to best Brazilian women you'll have to be in-shape that's all there is too it. If you want upper middle class Brazilians you'll have to present a similar level of access and wealth, IE be traveled, multilingual and fashionable at all times.

Most men who have struck out in the Western dating game believe they don't need to do all that and go hunting for cheaper targets. I noticed you didn't mention PI, maybe that's where you should go?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 12:09 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Winston » December 24th, 2013, 7:00 am

Wow doesn't she look so sweet, innocent and natural, like a girl from the good old days?

http://dating.happierabroad.com/gal/det ... 714679?b=1

Image

Image

Image
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24665
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby Banano » December 24th, 2013, 7:18 am

Women expect a certain level of requirements for entry; if for some reason you fail to meet those you are not going to have a pleasant time dating anywhere in the world.

+1


There are more single women in Russia than they are suitable men to marry, period, end of story, full stop.

Suitable men? What that suitable mean?
This part is myth, yes there are more women than men in Russia but it is because Russian men die much younger than females and it creates illusion of p***y paradise. Russian bureau of statistics supports this. In fact under 30 years of age guys outnumber girls.

http://www.gks.ru/bgd/regl/b13_12/IssWW ... 1/5-02.htm


Image :cry:
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: June 11th, 2011, 9:26 am

Postby Ghost » December 25th, 2013, 5:02 am

Since something being better or worse is a matter of who you are and how you see things, of course better times existed in the past. But they did not exist uniformly. When society changes, there are winners and losers. Always have been and always will be. But it seems like more than ever are losing. My hope now is that the world will get to a point where it can't keep "developing" and continue to repeat the same mistakes that it keeps doing. That may be some eternal age of relative sanity until the end of the species. If things keep going the way they are, I don't see much possibility for any more "Golden Ages" in the future, at least for Western Civilization.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Postby droid » December 28th, 2013, 2:29 am

Someone wrote:As you can see, this Russian guy is quite good-looking, including by American or Western standards. This is just one example, but in general, I doubt that huge discrepancies in market value can occur even if the man is wealthy and travels to a poor country. You can't fool nature; relationships like that are by their nature very unstable and subject to some hidden agendas or infidelity.


Bulls**t.
It's not only the nominal M/F ratio, or even money, but the fact that in some places women are just better looking than the men.

In dating hellholes like the States, Spain etc. the girls are hideous in the average, but enjoy plenty of 6'3", square-jawed dudes.
While in EU or SAm, dudes aren't as attractive as the girls, that's a fact.
Also in China, you see **PLENTY** of "8" girls, there's tons of opportunity.

Given supply and demand, if you're a sad "6" or "7" in the states, you'll probably be seen as an "8" or "9" in other places.
And at least you'll be able to get your foot in the door to show your personality.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3010
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron