US white men at odds with Latin women of European origin

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

US white men at odds with Latin women of European origin

Post by Robert77 »

It is no secret that the hispanic / latino label we often throw around in the US is bullshit and that becomes obvious when you come into the racial mosaic that is latin america (they're all from the same country but they are different and skipping classes is a NO NO) very similar to the american south (we're all southerners and we eat collard greens and corn but you're still black and I am still white)

with that in mind one of the things that shocked me the most about latin america is how little political correctness there is (tv still show adds that would shock america and its seen as completly normal, its also ok to refer to people as mulato, mestizo, white, zambo etc, etc, its also acceptable to say openly that u dont like certain people because of who they are, or to act classist towards certain segments of the population, something common and very acceptable)

one of the things IVe noticed among middle class and upper class latin americans, is that they are VASTLY EUROPEAN LOOKING, its rare to find a pedro looking dude among those ranks (unless he works as a gardener for them)

its also weird but certain countries change demographics according to the region (take colombia for example), you're in a small town in the paisa region and suddenly about 70% of the folks around u, you wouldnt be able to tell them apart from white americans (except they'll be slimmer), but then you drive 200 miles west and suddenly you're in a part of the country that'll remind you of haiti and if you're not black you'll stand out like a sore thumb, then you head south 300 miles and you're in a brown hinterland of stereotypical looking mexican look alikes..... the admixture and exotic looks are mostly found in the big cities, but even then the big cities change (north afluent part of bogota will have plenty of italian/spaniard/french looking folks, while southern empoverished bogota will have plenty of brown skinned mestizos)

one thing ive noticed is that white latin americans are very VERY european in the way they act, see themselves, and think of themselves; their kids are educated in france, england, spain..... often speak several language and often marry europeans they met while at school in europe, the most interaction they have with darker folks from their countries come from having a maid from the shantytown come daily to cook..... many often live in gated communities and know LITTLE about their countries social disivions past their districts.

with acting and thinking in a european manner comes looking down on americans (upper class latin americans see america as tacky, shinny, new money, backwards).... they resent DEEPLY the fact that americans mix them all together and think they're all some sort of people called latino.... they dislike the melange of latinos in the US mostly from empoverished backgrounds speaking spanglish and acting like ghetto americans would act.

they think of american white women as easy, fat, ugly.... and compare them to their white latin american counterparts and look at american women with disgust....

ive also witnessed white latin americans being grossed out at the thought of dating a gringo/gringa.... the animosity is clear, they think they are holier than white americans...... ive yet to meet a white girl from south america dating a white american man (white brazilian giselle bundchen is an exception she dates tom brady), but other than that it is very rare..... they are not impressed by american men whiteness, they dont care about it and require you to be intellectual, if not then they'll be cold and shut down.....

it's funny to realize that white american in latin america can aspire only to girls from the working class masses
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 5th, 2020, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Interesting post. I have never met anyone from the white upper classes in Latin America but I have seen them in the wealthy areas of Peru. They look just like Europeans (some even have blond hair and blue eyes) and they seem to live in their own world, completely seperate from the rest of the country. Their Spanish even has a different accent compared to lower class Peruvians.

You are right about people who use the word "latino" to describe a race. A latino can be black, white, brown or any combination of these. There are also big cultural differences between countries, although all countries in LA share the Spanish influence.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

peru has some of the most racist awful practices in the world… there is a beach in peru called "Asia" 50 minutes south of lima where only white peruvians can go to (sort of like the American south in the 50's)

they even have signs that say (maids are NOT allowed) and the maids in peru are often incan or mestizo women.

peru is one of the most racist places in south america, but its also very asian….. though asians in peru are industrious middle classes they often live side by side with white peruvians (but not much mixing there)

by the way, not all of latin america speaks spanish…. in peru u can find over two million peruvians whose spanish is not their first language, spanish is just the lingua franca.

in paraguay spanish is a co-official language alongside guarani

in brazil they speak portuguese

in haiti french

and in some parts of argentina, paraguay, brazil, uruguay, chile german

also a variety of african dialects like palenque in colombia spoken by black people
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

peru has some of the most racist awful practices in the world… there is a beach in peru called "Asia" 50 minutes south of lima where only white peruvians can go to (sort of like the American south in the 50's)

they even have signs that say (maids are NOT allowed) and the maids in peru are often incan or mestizo women.

peru is one of the most racist places in south america, but its also very asian….. though asians in peru are industrious middle classes they often live side by side with white peruvians (but not much mixing there)

by the way, not all of latin america speaks spanish…. in peru u can find over two million peruvians whose spanish is not their first language, spanish is just the lingua franca.

in haiti french

also a variety of african dialects like palenque in colombia spoken by black people
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Robert77 wrote:peru has some of the most racist awful practices in the world… there is a beach in peru called "Asia" 50 minutes south of lima where only white peruvians can go to (sort of like the American south in the 50's)

peru is one of the most racist places in south America, but its also very asian….. though asians in peru are industrious middle classes they often live side by side with white peruvians (but not much mixing there)

by the way, not all of latin America speaks spanish…. in peru u can find over two million peruvians whose spanish is not their first language, spanish is just the lingua franca.

in haiti french

Well, yeah I know not all of Latin America speaks Spanish. I guess I should have said most countries in Latin America have at least some Spanish influence in common. Of course I know of Quechua (I spent 6 years in Peru), although i never met a Peruvian who spoke ONLY quechua or was even fluent in it. Some of the serranos I knew there used some quechua words, but they didn't speak the language itself.

I know Peru is very racist. When I was with my Peruvian girlfriend I often got comments that it was a great thing that we were together because it would help "mejorar la raza" (improve the race) if we had kids. I have heard of Asia but I have never been there. I didn't know it was that bad.

As for the Asians in Peru, I must say I never saw many of them apart from the Chinese chifa (Chinese restaurants) owners. I guess most of them belong to the upper classes and only hang out with the pitucos.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Re: US white men at odds with Latin women of European origin

Post by skateboardstephen »

ive also witnessed white latin americans being grossed out at the thought of dating a gringo/gringa.... the animosity is clear, they think they are holier than white americans...... ive yet to meet a white girl from south America dating a white American man (white brazilian giselle bundchen is an exception she dates tom brady), but other than that it is very rare..... they are not impressed by American men whiteness, they dont care about it and require you to be intellectual, if not then they'll be cold and shut down.....

it's funny to realize that white American in latin America can aspire only to girls from the working class masses
This is so true and 100% dead on.As you know i have been in Brazil for some time now i see exactly what you are talking about.Especially about the part about White people in Latin America who are upper middle class look down on EVERYONE and don't give a f**k about any Americans.Which is why i try to tell people like Dj4Money that as a Black man coming to Brazil thinking you are going to be banging 6-10 middle class White women just because you are American..you'll be in for another story.It ain't going down like that.Plus they are racist.A lot of media in Brazil covers news in the U.S. so many people in Latin America already have negative opinions of Black Americans.And White women from Argentina are even more stuck up and indifferent towards American men.Most White American men i see in Brazil are usually with Black women.I ask them why don't they ever try to talk the White women who live in Salvador?..they say "Oh..they are stuck up,they are horrible,they don't even talk to you"
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
tre
Junior Poster

Re: US white men at odds with Latin women of European origin

Post by tre »

Robert77 wrote:It is no secret that the hispanic / latino label we often throw around in the US is bullshit and that becomes obvious when you come into the racial mosaic that is latin America (they're all from the same country but they are different and skipping classes is a NO NO) very similar to the American south (we're all southerners and we eat collard greens and corn but you're still black and I am still white)

with that in mind one of the things that shocked me the most about latin America is how little political correctness there is (tv still show adds that would shock America and its seen as completly normal, its also ok to refer to people as mulato, mestizo, white, zambo etc, etc, its also acceptable to say openly that u dont like certain people because of who they are, or to act classist towards certain segments of the population, something common and very acceptable)

one of the things IVe noticed among middle class and upper class latin americans, is that they are VASTLY EUROPEAN LOOKING, its rare to find a pedro looking dude among those ranks (unless he works as a gardener for them)

its also weird but certain countries change demographics according to the region (take colombia for example), you're in a small town in the paisa region and suddenly about 70% of the folks around u, you wouldnt be able to tell them apart from white americans (except they'll be slimmer), but then you drive 200 miles west and suddenly you're in a part of the country that'll remind you of haiti and if you're not black you'll stand out like a sore thumb, then you head south 300 miles and you're in a brown hinterland of stereotypical looking mexican look alikes..... the admixture and exotic looks are mostly found in the big cities, but even then the big cities change (north afluent part of bogota will have plenty of italian/spaniard/french looking folks, while southern empoverished bogota will have plenty of brown skinned mestizos)

one thing ive noticed is that white latin americans are very VERY european in the way they act, see themselves, and think of themselves; their kids are educated in france, england, spain..... often speak several language and often marry europeans they met while at school in europe, the most interaction they have with darker folks from their countries come from having a maid from the shantytown come daily to cook..... many often live in gated communities and know LITTLE about their countries social disivions past their districts.

with acting and thinking in a european manner comes looking down on americans (upper class latin americans see America as tacky, shinny, new money, backwards).... they resent DEEPLY the fact that americans mix them all together and think they're all some sort of people called latino.... they dislike the melange of latinos in the US mostly from empoverished backgrounds speaking spanglish and acting like ghetto americans would act.

they think of American white women as easy, fat, ugly.... and compare them to their white latin American counterparts and look at American women with disgust....

ive also witnessed white latin americans being grossed out at the thought of dating a gringo/gringa.... the animosity is clear, they think they are holier than white americans...... ive yet to meet a white girl from south America dating a white American man (white brazilian giselle bundchen is an exception she dates tom brady), but other than that it is very rare..... they are not impressed by American men whiteness, they dont care about it and require you to be intellectual, if not then they'll be cold and shut down.....

it's funny to realize that white American in latin America can aspire only to girls from the working class masses
Great post...very interesting info
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

There is no political correctness there because the language is mostly Spanish and the Anglo PC police cannot patrol or censor it- most Anglos do not speak/understand Spanish.

Children of immigrants oppress the natives- a New World phenomenon.

Also, unlike in Europe, Latin America is Jus Solis-- they can oppress people who are different but they cannot deny them nationality or treat anyone born there as a foreigner. In Europe, they do.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
bones765
Freshman Poster

Post by bones765 »

@OP.

As a white male who has lived in Mexico for a good time, I have to disagree with the crap you wrote. in my experience, middle-class mexican girls were very willing to date me and would happily present me to their parents. idk how it is in south america, but from meeting some middle class brazilian chicks in the US and in my traveling, they are nice to me and we make good friends.

from seeing how mexican chicks work, they would be willing to date a white-american male ONLY if they're the same social class AT LEAST. this means that a middle-class mexican chick would only date at minimum a middle-class white-american male. the same concept would apply to upper-class mexican girls; they will only date upper-class white-american males. and it doesn't matter as much with skin-tone or physical features. in that region, mexican males are much more picker; they tend to prefer outside of their kind, european, other latin-american girls who are either mestizas or caucasian looking and east asian girls. most don't like black girls at all.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Again, anecdotal and distance differences account for the OP's report's conclusions which differ from yours. He was in Colombia/Peru; you were in Mexico. He observed one thing; you observed something else. Both experiences have anecdotal and local validity.

Perhaps we should not generalize about the entire Latin America based on the above?
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

bones765 wrote:@OP.

As a white male who has lived in Mexico for a good time, I have to disagree with the crap you wrote. in my experience, middle-class mexican girls were very willing to date me and would happily present me to their parents. idk how it is in south America, but from meeting some middle class brazilian chicks in the US and in my traveling, they are nice to me and we make good friends.

from seeing how mexican chicks work, they would be willing to date a white-American male ONLY if they're the same social class AT LEAST. this means that a middle-class mexican chick would only date at minimum a middle-class white-American male. the same concept would apply to upper-class mexican girls; they will only date upper-class white-American males. and it doesn't matter as much with skin-tone or physical features. in that region, mexican males are much more picker; they tend to prefer outside of their kind, european, other latin-American girls who are either mestizas or caucasian looking and east asian girls. most don't like black girls at all.
mexico is not south america

as americans we often have this idea that south of the border is all sort of mexicoish with similar values and so on but the truth is that once you leave mexico and central american which is in fat very similar to mexico…. you are in a completely different place (south america)

south americans countries are much more diverse than mexico, in countries like argentina or uruguay being white simply makes you a normal everyday person whilst in mexico being white makes you an instant exotic gringo foreigner aka desirable

I've found that countries with higher proportion of indigenous people like peru, mexico or bolivia people do tend to be more prone to like you and want you because you're white…. but that is often not the case in many other places

white peruvians though a minority 15% of peru's population, are often standoffish and will not mix with their fellow more indigenous countrymen or even asian peruvians which are a visible minority, peru has social practices that u would find in america only back in the jim crow days, yet they will tell u they're so proud of their incan heritage and all that crap

other countries like chile has sizable numbers of german and british descendants…. I've met several chileans of even irish descent…. white caucasian chileans don't look at you in the way the more indigenous peruvians and mexicans would… so you're white!!! me too!!!!….
in fact they'll tell you they've been to nyc a million times, speak english because british granny taught them and then u realize they live better off than most white americans….. if they were to get with you is because you're well off or quite good looking…. not because you're white "like them"

similar things happened in predominantly white southern half of brazil, so you're white and an american… and? but then u go north where the mixed races live and suddenly you're a celebrity and everyone wants to hang out with you.

about colombia…. colombia is a very fragmented country, no wonder they have had so much internal conflict, i am surprised they haven't split!!! central colombia though diverse in phenotypes is sort of spaniard-linked, so white looking people are not rare at all, in fact there are times when people don't even realize i am a white foreigner because i sort of mingle…. especially in well off parts of cities like medellin, bogota or manizales…
now when i went to a port city on the pacific coast of colombia called buenaventura i did stand out a lot, i felt uncomfortable because i was constantly bugged by hordes of black kids asking for money and the people would look at me like they just saw a celebrity, but that city is vastly black…. i recommend that part of colombia to black american men looking for foreign women its paradise if you're into more feminine thinner nicer classier black women

colombians overall are a lot more diverse/ambigous looking than mexicans, they don't have a particular colombian look as opposed to mexicans who do have a tranditional stereotypical mexican look…. and with that also comes a lot of diversity in attitudes as well… the point is colombia unlike mexico is more of a made up country with a bunch of different people thrown in there (a break away part from the vanished new grenade nation which comprised venezuela, colombia and panama)… mexico on the other hand is a nation in the sense that mexicans do have close roots to the land and nation they inhabit (sort of like the europeans in europe or the africans in africa)

of course, if you're a well off white man from america, chances are you'll easily become part of the white segment of the populations here…. you'll be another white local especially if you don't speak to show your accent and chances are you'll have access to educated high class white women born in here.
but if you're a john doe, you shouldn't come here thinking you're gonna have white south american girls throw themselves at you, just because you're white and american, that is not gonna happen
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

mexico on the other hand is a nation in the sense that mexicans do have close roots to the land and nation they inhabit (sort of like the europeans in europe or the africans in africa)
Mexico is way more liberal than Europe or Africa. If you are born there, you are Mexican regardless of parentage. Not so in Europe or Africa.
of course, if you're a well off white man from America, chances are you'll easily become part of the white segment of the populations here…. you'll be another white local especially if you don't speak to show your accent and chances are you'll have access to educated high class white women born in here.
Such rich Americans going to Peru and Colombia in search of "white people" are rare to none.
but if you're a john doe, you shouldn't come here thinking you're gonna have white south American girls throw themselves at you, just because you're white and American, that is not gonna happen
Yeah and few John Does go there looking for that, either. But good explanations.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Robert77 wrote:......now when i went to a port city on the pacific coast of colombia called buenaventura i did stand out a lot, i felt uncomfortable because i was constantly bugged by hordes of black kids asking for money and the people would look at me like they just saw a celebrity, but that city is vastly black…. i recommend that part of colombia to black American men looking for foreign women its paradise if you're into more feminine thinner nicer classier black women.....
@Robert77,

While I like your posts alot, you were a little off of the mark per bold here. Everything else you have ever said about Colombia is agreeable. But to discuss per bold, you have made it seem like Black men have no other options abroad but a paradise that has other Black women in African diaspora. That's not cool to say and feel, man. There are Black men that can get foreign women whom are not n$#%r lovers whom have never slept with a Black guy before AND look like Scarlett Johannsen in Iron Man 2 or even better!

Yes Afro-Colombianas are more feminine, more slender, and more classier than Black American women; I wholeheartedly concur. I think you should have said and felt that any Western man whom has sense, tact, and isn't ghastly overweight looking for foreign women should go to Colombia altogether because it's paradise just like that. Something to that effect. :-D
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Robert77 wrote:
mexico is not south America

I've found that countries with higher proportion of indigenous people like peru, mexico or bolivia people do tend to be more prone to like you and want you because you're white…. but that is often not the case in many other places

white peruvians though a minority 15% of peru's population, are often standoffish and will not mix with their fellow more indigenous countrymen or even asian peruvians which are a visible minority, peru has social practices that u would find in America only back in the jim crow days, yet they will tell u they're so proud of their incan heritage and all that crap
Mexico is not South America, but certain South American countries are pretty similar to Mexico. I have been to both Mexico and Peru and I would say most of the population looks pretty similar (mostly mestizo). The history of both countries also has quite a few similarities (ancient culture conquered by the Spanish, etc.). I also don't think white people make up 15% of the Peruvian population, more like 5% maybe. I would estimate that like 60% of Peruvians (in the major cities like Lima, Trujillo, Chiclayo, etc.) are mestizo (mixed race), 30% pure native indian, 5% white and the other 5% or even slightly less black and asian.