Do white people have complications living in the tropics?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Do white people have complications living in the tropics?

Post by Mr.Darcy »

do they?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Some do, some don't. I mean Australia and parts of Fla are in the tropics. So is Louisiana. And white people live there. But some get skin cancer which is not pretty. I would ask that question on:

answers.yahoo.com

That is much wider audience.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

As a white guy with type I skin, this is something that concerns me. I can't even play outdoor pickup basketball for a couple hours in the summer without drenching myself in SPF 100.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Jeremy wrote:As a white guy with type I skin, this is something that concerns me. I can't even play outdoor pickup basketball for a couple hours in the summer without drenching myself in SPF 100.
Are you a ginger?
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Dragon wrote:
Jeremy wrote:As a white guy with type I skin, this is something that concerns me. I can't even play outdoor pickup basketball for a couple hours in the summer without drenching myself in SPF 100.
Are you a ginger?
No, just have ginger skin and beard has a reddish tinge to it.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

White dude here. I just spent 6 months living in Bangkok - the World's hottest city (it's always freaking hot, and never really cools down at night either).

I found it was too hot to go out much in the day, which kind of took care of the sunburn issue. Besides, I saved myself for Bangkok's famous nightlife.

I did have problems with the heat. It was too darned hot to wear much in my condo unless the aircon was on (which costs a lot to run). Also I had a few skin issues from sweating so much - really it would be better just to shave all your hair off.

Tropical malaise was a big problem for colonists, so they developed all kinds of solutions for prickly heat and the like. You can still get the same stuff in chemists today.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Complications living in the tropics? LOL.

I'll tell you what I have complications living in. This MISERABLE FROZEN HELL known as the midwestern USA. Thank god this is the last winter that I'll ever have to suffer through.

Give me the blazing tropical heat anyday. The last two summers here were excessively hot and humid and I had no problems dealing with it with NO AC. No tropical complications here... bring it on.
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

what poster said before.I hate living in a cold land.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I am not sure why white people would have any tougher of a time living in the tropics than any other race? It really comes down to getting used to the heat and humidity. If one were to go from NYC in the winter over to Singapore in the winter (same hot, humid temp all year around), they'd struggle for awhile until they got used to it. If they were used to being outside during the summer in Arizona or Southern Nevada and went to Singapore in the summer, they'd be fine...although they'd notice the humidity (it's hotter in some parts of Arizona than any part of Asia). If one were used to Florida summers and went to Singapore during the summer...probably very little difference. I use Singapore as it's a constant temperature, but surrounding Asian countries are similar of course.

If you are a fat guy that is out of shape, being outdoors in hot/humid temperatures isn't going to be a great time. If you are in shape and lean...you very might well prefer it.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

In the Philippines you can expect sunburn, skin rashes, skin infections and sweating 24/7. Dry season is the worst its basically 45C everyday for 3 months straight, March to May.

Some white people like myself are very cold tolerant so the heat just kills us. However, on the plus side you will lose lots of weight. If you have to do something outside its best to do it early in the morning or after 6pm while its still cool.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I personally prefer cooler temps. I like temps between 50 and 70 degrees F...my ideal. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll ever live in a country that has those temps all year around. I am used to dry temps ranging from 15 degrees F in the winter to 115 degrees F in the summer. Most people adjust between summer/winter so why not in other countries?

Everywhere I went in Asia, there was SOME way of getting out of the heat. There is public transportation, malls, SOME restaurants, etc. which have Aircon. As long as you have Aircon in your apartment or condo, you'll be fine. In Singapore, I kept it less cool in the day while I was out and about. When I came in, it still felt great due to the contrast. At night, I'd lower the temp as I can't sleep while I'm hot. I lost weight and got in better shape due to all the walking. I felt much healthier while in Singapore overall...