Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


I thought Brazilians were suppose to be racist

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

I thought Brazilians were suppose to be racist

Postby Mr.Darcy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:19 pm

I've met a lot of them and I never got any racial vibes from them.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm







Re: I thought Brazilians were suppose to be racist

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:35 pm

Mr.Darcy wrote:I've met a lot of them and I never got any racial vibes from them.


Okay well, how lightskinned are you? Which city and state have you them in? What age are they?
Which parts of Brasil are they from? What gender were they? How good is your Porto?
What education level are they? That may contribute to all of the above. IJS.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby SilverEnergy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:02 pm

It all depends on what status they think you are.

The ones I have met have been very nice too.

It's a mixed bag, some are racist, some aren't.

All Brazilians aren't racist.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Postby manly5000 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Well you know what they say about Cariocas...


...they're more than happy to invite you to their home but never give you the address! 8)
manly5000
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Postby skateboardstephen » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Go to Brazil and you'll see how racist it can be.I have been in a few racist situations in Brazil and in Brazil it is obvious as the sky is blue who is at the top of Brazilian society and who is at the bottom..it is obvious Blacks are at the bottom and 90% of White Brazilians are racist pricks.They won't ever admit to racial inequality in the country despite there being tangible evidence and many racial incidences involving skin head groups and violence.Brazilians are taught to never say anything bad about Brazil..especially around gringos so they lie a lot about Brazil when they go to the U.S. saying things like racism doesn't exist in Brazil..bull shit.Their whole hustle is to practice racism but never be blatantly racist so that racism is hard to prove..don't believe me go to stormfront Brazil and read the comments on there.Me and my Wife tried to catch a cab one night and couldn't get a taxi to stop..one driver signaled like he was going to do a U turn and pick up my Wife but when he saw me stand up..he peeled off.When i walk into certain fancy hotels or hostels i get bombarded with questions about as to why i'm there while White customers are allowed in.The majority of the homeless are Black or Pardo. The dirty shitty public hospitals are filled with Blacks people who receive shitty ass medical assistance(when i was at one a women died in it and it smelled like shit) while Whites have nice clean private ones.The literacy rate among Blacks and Pardos is horrible while White kids have nice private schools.Blacks eat at little "lanchonetes " in the Favela while Whites go to fancy restaurants like Outback steak house with their Family.Most Blacks either walk,take the bus or ride a bike..a lot can also manage to buy a Motorcycle.Whites drive by in their brand new BMW's.One in out of every 4 Blacks in Brazil are incarcerated.Blacks are often subjected to police brutality and crime..my Wife's Sister's Husband got robbed at gunpoint a few weeks ago while Whites live in Luxury Apartment complexes with gated,spiked electric fences with 24 hour security.Are you getting it now...do not judge Brazil based on the White upper middle class Brazilians you see in the U.S. who will just lie to you and say that every thing is perfect in Brazil...because the usually come from money.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil

Postby manly5000 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:10 am

Seems like you're having a lousy time in Brasil there Stephen... sorry to hear that. Are you and the wife looking for another country to live in? Would you steer people away from seeking their future there?

As a white dude I'm not sure what my experience might be like compared to yours, but I didn't realize it was so bad down there...
manly5000
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Postby skateboardstephen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:46 am

manly5000 wrote:Seems like you're having a lousy time in Brasil there Stephen... sorry to hear that. Are you and the wife looking for another country to live in? Would you steer people away from seeking their future there?

As a white dude I'm not sure what my experience might be like compared to yours, but I didn't realize it was so bad down there...


Don't get the wrong idea..Brazil for me has had it's highs and low's.A lot of good also came out of me coming to Brazil as well and i have found people who have helped me out and treated me nice and showed me a good time.I'm just trying to let people know.The truth about how is really is.Every one else already does a good job of selling you all the good points.As a White guy in the South of Brazil.You'll blend in and be looked at as normal..You'll be like "hey i'm White"..then the Brazilians in states like Rio Grande do Sul will say " yeah i'm White too and?"In the North East region of Brazil as a White dude.All the women will want to f**k you,everyone will want to be your friend and everyone will want to hire you.In Bahia Blacks and Pardos have an inferiority/color complex and will eat the corn out of a White persons shit.As a White person you'll turn into a local celebrity.In Bahia if i go out alone i will usually stay alone..but if i go out with one of my White expat friends all the sudden our table at the restaurant is getting bombarded with strangers in our faces..from bums asking for money to middle class locals offering to show us the entire town and go clubbing.Your social value as a White person is higher.All they see here is poor Black people so if your Black they'll assume you are no one worth taking seriously.They do change their tune some when they do find out i'm American..then after that you have to worry about them trying to take your money.The only times i usually get the rock star treatment is when i'm out drinking and the local working girls come around..only because they know i'm American and they are trying to hustle.I have met some individuals who have been very nice.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:52 am

^^^ Damn.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby zboy1 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:10 am

Honestly, skateboardstephen, this also happens in China, too; I think there is a colonialist--mentality in the developing world where "White"=good, "Dark"=bad. But I think this outdated thinking will slowly begin to change as more non-White countries such as China, India and Brazil begin to gain power in the world. It's only a matter-of-time before the White supremacist thinking slowly begins to fade away...

It probably won't happen in our lifetimes, Skate, but I do see things changing very rapidly, though. Have faith in humanity as the old notions of colorism begin to go away. ...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby manly5000 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:20 am

skateboardstephen wrote:Don't get the wrong idea..Brazil for me has had it's highs and low's.A lot of good also came out of me coming to Brazil as well and i have found people who have helped me out and treated me nice and showed me a good time.I'm just trying to let people know.The truth about how is really is.Every one else already does a good job of selling you all the good points.As a White guy in the South of Brazil.You'll blend in and be looked at as normal..You'll be like "hey i'm White"..then the Brazilians in states like Rio Grande do Sul will say " yeah i'm White too and?"In the North East region of Brazil as a White dude.All the women will want to f**k you,everyone will want to be your friend and everyone will want to hire you.In Bahia Blacks and Pardos have an inferiority/color complex and will eat the corn out of a White persons shit.As a White person you'll turn into a local celebrity.In Bahia if i go out alone i will usually stay alone..but if i go out with one of my White expat friends all the sudden our table at the restaurant is getting bombarded with strangers in our faces..from bums asking for money to middle class locals offering to show us the entire town and go clubbing.Your social value as a White person is higher.All they see here is poor Black people so if your Black they'll assume you are no one worth taking seriously.They do change their tune some when they do find out i'm American..then after that you have to worry about them trying to take your money.The only times i usually get the rock star treatment is when i'm out drinking and the local working girls come around..only because they know i'm American and they are trying to hustle.I have met some individuals who have been very nice.


Thanks for your insights man... definitely glad that you've had plenty of good times there.
manly5000
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:16 am

zboy1 wrote:Honestly, skateboardstephen, this also happens in China, too; I think there is a colonialist--mentality in the developing world where "White"=good, "Dark"=bad. But I think this outdated thinking will slowly begin to change as more non-White countries such as China, India and Brazil begin to gain power in the world. It's only a matter-of-time before the White supremacist thinking slowly begins to fade away...

It probably won't happen in our lifetimes, Skate, but I do see things changing very rapidly, though. Have faith in humanity as the old notions of colorism begin to go away. ...


Yes profound statement. Cheerios jumped on that bandwagon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKuQrKeGe6g[/youtube]
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby Mr.Darcy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:16 am

Sounds like Brazil is worse than America lol. I don't want to go to Brazil, but I have met them in cities and bars and stuff. I don't see myself inferior to anybody lol.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Postby robinho » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:34 am

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Honestly, skateboardstephen, this also happens in China, too; I think there is a colonialist--mentality in the developing world where "White"=good, "Dark"=bad. But I think this outdated thinking will slowly begin to change as more non-White countries such as China, India and Brazil begin to gain power in the world. It's only a matter-of-time before the White supremacist thinking slowly begins to fade away...

It probably won't happen in our lifetimes, Skate, but I do see things changing very rapidly, though. Have faith in humanity as the old notions of colorism begin to go away. ...


Yes profound statement. Cheerios jumped on that bandwagon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKuQrKeGe6g[/youtube]



Yes I also hope the world would change. But Stephen I was thinking in Bahia that the black people was proud to be black like it is in the south states in United States. Stephen I think you should take your women to America and show her the black history you got in America and what powerful people you have in the History, Like Malcolm, Marthin Luther King, Obama, and show her that in America a black man can be a doctor a millionare whitout playing soccer.
robinho
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 pm
Location: Europe

Postby robinho » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:37 am

One other thing, I also meet a lot of Brazilian here in Europe in Portugal, and to me it´s really strange that they always ask me what Im doing in europe and if Im a football player. But now I know why.... It´s because Im black and they are not used to meet black brazilian in Europe that is not a soccer player.
robinho
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 pm
Location: Europe


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests