Alpha Male Bullshit

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Alpha Male Bullshit

Post by theprimebait »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

HappyGuy

Re: Alpha Male Bullshit

Post by HappyGuy »

theprimebait wrote:
February 2nd, 2014, 3:06 pm
I agree completely with your premise, inferior males do the talking while us alpha males do the pounding.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Alpha Male Bullshit

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Most people misunderstand the term "alpha male." They think it is a "Chad" or "Tyrone" who was born that way, excels at every endeavor, and remains that way for life.

A man is only alpha in compartmented areas of his life. He might be an alpha at work, but a beta with his wife. He might be an alpha among his friends, but an Omega among his more senior, more skilled, and smarter colleagues (ie the military). There is no 100% alpha males. It is all dependant on the context.

Alpha males are simply alpha because they are considered leaders that other men take cues from or look to for guidance and/or protection.

Even more impressive than an alpha male is the SIGMA male which most people confuse with an alpha male. A sigma male is simply an introvert (lone wolf) who has many of the characteristics of the alpha male. A sigma male's status remains constant because rejects leadership and rejects the attention courted by alpha men.

Alpha men often see sigma men as threats to their status and they sometimes challenge Sigmas verbally or physically. The sigma usually seeks to avoid confrontation unless forced into conflict because the alpha has the support of followers. One on one, the sigma can go toe to toe with alphas however because they are both men who have developed themselves on different fronts.

I consider myself a Sigma male. I can always tell an alpha by his behavior when I am around others. He demands the spotlight, he demands, the attention from women, and he will try to denigrate to raise his status in the eyes of others. The is Alpha behavior.

Alpha men = Men who are seen as leaders in groups; Sigmas are lone wolfs who have learn to hunt, fight, and thrive on their own without a group.

The status of an Alpha is fluid depending on is position in various groups. The status of a Sigma is constant because he eschews groups.