Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

I'm starting to understand the whole MGTOW thing

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:40 am

manly5000 wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: No, no, no, way too simplistic.

You are the man and from Day One, you lay down the law. However you don't beat a woman up with your deal breakers on the first date. First dates and Second dates should never feel like an interview. All too often men you feel like you do this and you wonder why you can't get to the 2nd or 3rd dates and wanna blame feminism?

Women should have the option to work or even be career minded, who cares. What should NOT happen is men acting like throwbacks and demanding a return of the 1950's. It won't happen and whatever seems to forget the other issues in America that went on at the same time. IE nobody will accept a return to the 1950's and its fetish of White men largely, stop it.

If women want to be treated as equals, then do so. What your doing is treating them like property, that already failed once.

Already been there once, brother.

With my ex-wife, the more she progressed and put emphasis on her career, the further she fell from the sweet, amazing girl who only cared about being with me and having a family. In the end she became a full-blooded "strong, independent woman" who literally didn't believe in marriage or family any more and felt that financial gain and security was the most important thing in the world. This was a girl who was originally from Mexico and had extremely strong family values in the beginning. When we first got together and for the first few years of marriage she was AMAZING. Then i got to watch her disintegrate right in front of my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the girl I end up with working or spending her free time doing things that make her happy. I have no desire to keep a woman "barefoot and pregnant" or be overtly controlling towards her. But I want nothing to do with career-minded women. Maybe it was the combination of career plus being here in America that destroyed who she was, maybe a career-minded girl outside of the west will turn out differently, but I don't want to find out the hard way or ever go through what I went through again.

I don't really care about "1950's America", but based on first hand experience I know what will and will not work for me in a lifelong relationship.

What I do strongly believe in is gender roles. Men are supposed to be men, and women are supposed to be women. A competitive, career-driven female by my definition cannot be a real woman because to me those are masculine traits which pit her against her man and takes her focus away from the Family. I have no interest whatsoever in this type of female.

I agree that career minded women should be left alone. So leave them alone, there is no reason to consider them marriage or dating material.

Curious, how long did you date your wife before you got married? What were her reasons for wanting more education and to work a White collar job?

I would say that Mexicans (not a generic term for Latin Americans) want to most emulate White America. I hear this complaint even coming from Mexican men down in Mexico not with transplants/immigrants. This is why despite Mexico's close proximity I have never thought it was a ideal hunting ground for a woman.

It took me awhile to formulate this because lots of light skin Mexican men LOVE White women, especially Blonde; so I always query these guys on Mexican women. Are they really that bad or is that just 3rd grade drivel? That said, I know a few people married to Mexican women, two of them are ex-hookers funny enough.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby manly5000 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:43 pm

djfourmoney wrote:I agree that career minded women should be left alone. So leave them alone, there is no reason to consider them marriage or dating material.

Curious, how long did you date your wife before you got married? What were her reasons for wanting more education and to work a White collar job?

I would say that Mexicans (not a generic term for Latin Americans) want to most emulate White America. I hear this complaint even coming from Mexican men down in Mexico not with transplants/immigrants. This is why despite Mexico's close proximity I have never thought it was a ideal hunting ground for a woman.

It took me awhile to formulate this because lots of light skin Mexican men LOVE White women, especially Blonde; so I always query these guys on Mexican women. Are they really that bad or is that just 3rd grade drivel? That said, I know a few people married to Mexican women, two of them are ex-hookers funny enough.

We actually only dated a few months. She had been living in the US for a few years illegally before I met her so we did it quicker to get her status changed... plus we were really young, in love, and impatient. The marriage lasted almost 13 years though. She started working so we could make more money and start saving for our future. Things went fine for many years until she took a management type position at her job and that combined with her constant exposure to her ameriskank friends started the inevitable downfall of what used to be a great girl.

I actually still really like Mexico and to be honest it is my #1 alternate place to go if things don't work out with Brasil. The times we spent down there with her family gave me first-hand experience of the strong family bond that I desire so much, and I love Mexican culture and a lot of different things about the place. Plus it's a booming economy with plenty of opportunities in ESL and otherwise. Not to mention I find Mexican women to be gorgeous, that never hurts. 8)

I think that there are a ton of quality women in Mexico and they might just be the most wifeable in all of Latin America... the only catch is, no matter what country they're from, you got to keep them the hell away from the USA. This place is pure poison that will eventually crack even the strongest, most faithful foreign women out there... I already found that out the hard way and it is not something I am willing to put myself through again.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Postby rudder » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm

manly5000 wrote:I think that there are a ton of quality women in Mexico and they might just be the most wifeable in all of Latin America... the only catch is, no matter what country they're from, you got to keep them the hell away from the USA. This place is pure poison that will eventually crack even the strongest, most faithful foreign women out there... I already found that out the hard way and it is not something I am willing to put myself through again.

This seems to be the reason, and not the fact that she was career-oriented. I think in other countries there are lots of career-oriented women that would make better wives in this day and age than some poor barrio girl that only knows how to cook and clean.
rudder
Freshman Poster

Postby rudder » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

djfourmoney wrote: He said NERDING OUT, okay stop right there. Do you understand that being a nerd is the polar opposite of being a macho man? Do you remember that your in Latin America?

What I'm talking about is being able to carry on an intellectual conversation with a girl about a particular branch of science with which you are both very familiar. Thus the relationship goes beyond just finding a vagina to cook and clean for you. I think it goes without saying that if my interactions with her were purely based on these intellectual conversations, then she wouldn't be coming into my room at night to stick her tongue down my throat, feed me her tits and grind on my dick.
rudder
Freshman Poster

Postby rudder » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:54 pm

manly5000 wrote:What I do strongly believe in is gender roles. Men are supposed to be men, and women are supposed to be women. A competitive, career-driven female by my definition cannot be a real woman because to me those are masculine traits which pit her against her man and takes her focus away from the Family. I have no interest whatsoever in this type of female.

It's possible that a girl in a poor country is career-driven, because she lived with real economic scarcity with her family, and now she has the opportunity to help out her family via upward social mobility. Having a career that she is passionate about is a much more sane way to help out her family than hitting up some random foreigner for economic support.

It is unreasonable to expect that a man in this day and age should provide that level of support. I'm not judging though. If you've got the money, then more power to you. The reality throughout most of the world nowadays with most couples, though, is that both the man and the woman need to work.
rudder
Freshman Poster

Postby manly5000 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:04 pm

rudder wrote:This seems to be the reason, and not the fact that she was career-oriented. I think in other countries there are lots of career-oriented women that would make better wives in this day and age than some poor barrio girl that only knows how to cook and clean.

Maybe... but like I said in my previous post, she didn't truly start to change until she advanced to a supervisory/management role at her job. When that happened it wasn't long until she began treating me and talking down to me like a subordinate, as opposed to her husband which she is supposed to love, respect, and cherish. It all went to shit from there.

If you guys like career-minded women hey, more power to you. Have at them with my blessing. But it will not work for me. And once kids enter the picture you can forget about it. I am absolutely 100% adamant that the woman I spend my life with will be a Stay At Home Mom. I'm a firm believer that without one parent at home full-time, dedicated to domestic duties and raising children, the children will not turn out nearly as good or have nearly as happy of a childhood. This is absolutely non-negotiable for me.

One of the worst things Feminism did was to convince women that being a SAHM was a demeaning, degrading life. It is every bit as important as having a good career and bringing home a good income to support your family. I've seen all I need to see during my 38 years on this earth to prove this to me over and over again.

rudder wrote:It is unreasonable to expect that a man in this day and age should provide that level of support. I'm not judging though. If you've got the money, then more power to you. The reality throughout most of the world nowadays with most couples, though, is that both the man and the woman need to work.

If you don't piss away money like it's going out of style, or try to live a "Keepin' up with the Joneses" lifestyle, it really isn't that hard at all. I will earn more than enough money to support my family, and enjoy the personal fulfillment and satisfaction that providing for my family gives me. Simple as that.

This is the way I wish to live my life. You guys can do whatever works best for you but this is the ONLY thing that will work for me and give me the type of long-term happiness that I need.

That being said, I'm sure it's very likely that many of the women I meet abroad will have some sort of job. Nothing wrong with that at all. But when it comes time to commit and start a family, everything changes.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:31 pm

rudder wrote:The trouble is that they're flakes.

Dude..by mens standards all women are flakes...it is just how they are. Dogs bark. Women are flakes.

My fav#1 and #3 are really lovely women.....I could marry either of them...but the are both flaky and I do not hold it against them.

Us men were sold a lie about women......the whole "women are equal" thing..."women are decent people" thing....in the west they are not any more.....and there is no hiding the lie any more.....it can't be done.

When I release my next book "How to be a good wife" you men can pass it around on womens forums and tell the women "here, read or listen to this"...you won't have to talk to them any more....the book will tell them what makes a woman attractive to a quality man like me....and they can choose to take the advice or not....id not? You know to avoid them. Simple.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby Devil Dog » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:20 pm

rudder wrote:
manly5000 wrote:What I do strongly believe in is gender roles. Men are supposed to be men, and women are supposed to be women. A competitive, career-driven female by my definition cannot be a real woman because to me those are masculine traits which pit her against her man and takes her focus away from the Family. I have no interest whatsoever in this type of female.

It's possible that a girl in a poor country is career-driven, because she lived with real economic scarcity with her family, and now she has the opportunity to help out her family via upward social mobility. Having a career that she is passionate about is a much more sane way to help out her family than hitting up some random foreigner for economic support.

What? You mean she shouldn't just wait for some unemployed HA wannabee to magically hit it big with "passive income" or "online income" and then show up and sweep her off her feet?
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Postby rudder » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:12 pm

manly5000 wrote:
One of the worst things Feminism did was to convince women that being a SAHM was a demeaning, degrading life. It is every bit as important as having a good career and bringing home a good income to support your family. I've seen all I need to see during my 38 years on this earth to prove this to me over and over again.

OK, I'm leaning towards this now. I just broke up with the last girl I mentioned a little over a week after I started going with her. I won't get into the reasons why. Suffice it to say that she thoroughly disrespected me in public yesterday to the point where I just had to terminate the relationship. If I continued the relationship, then she would disrespect me and take advantage of me over and over again. I'm having a tough go of things here, because I tend to wear my heart on my shirtsleeves, and the women are never as blindly committed as myself.

In hindsight I'd say she was way too focused on her academic studies/career to fit properly into her role as being a supplicate, feminine person dedicated to attending to her man.

I feel pretty bad about the whole ordeal though...How something so beautiful can turn rotten so fast, but I suppose that has been my curse.

Well, I'm 25 and she is a 23 year old university girl. I'm pretty much over university girls. I think universities are just recipes for disaster for women. It turns them into cold people, and also puts them into an environment that fosters casual sex and p***y worship.
Older women or working class women are better options, since they are more mature and don't have that subtle sense of entitlement that younger, middle/upper class girls have.

One interesting thing I've noticed in Peru is that the women in their thirties that have had bad experiences with men, are often some of the happiest, friendliest and easy to talk to women that I have met. I wish I could find one of these women and put them into the body of a hot 18 year old. That would be the perfect woman.

So I guess if I just resign myself to fat single moms about ten years older than me, then I will have happier abroad success.
rudder
Freshman Poster

Postby manly5000 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:00 pm

rudder wrote:OK, I'm leaning towards this now. I just broke up with the last girl I mentioned a little over a week after I started going with her. I won't get into the reasons why. Suffice it to say that she thoroughly disrespected me in public yesterday to the point where I just had to terminate the relationship. If I continued the relationship, then she would disrespect me and take advantage of me over and over again. I'm having a tough go of things here, because I tend to wear my heart on my shirtsleeves, and the women are never as blindly committed as myself.

In hindsight I'd say she was way too focused on her academic studies/career to fit properly into her role as being a supplicate, feminine person dedicated to attending to her man.

I feel pretty bad about the whole ordeal though...How something so beautiful can turn rotten so fast, but I suppose that has been my curse.

Well, I'm 25 and she is a 23 year old university girl. I'm pretty much over university girls. I think universities are just recipes for disaster for women. It turns them into cold people, and also puts them into an environment that fosters casual sex and p***y worship.
Older women or working class women are better options, since they are more mature and don't have that subtle sense of entitlement that younger, middle/upper class girls have.

One interesting thing I've noticed in Peru is that the women in their thirties that have had bad experiences with men, are often some of the happiest, friendliest and easy to talk to women that I have met. I wish I could find one of these women and put them into the body of a hot 18 year old. That would be the perfect woman.

So I guess if I just resign myself to fat single moms about ten years older than me, then I will have happier abroad success.

You don't have to be so drastic with your approach/response to your situation... "resigning yourself" to any situation in life will not make it happy, abroad or otherwise. :wink:

Do you have the means to try other countries? If not do you have the means to try other parts of Peru? What part of the country is the town you're staying in located? I've read a lot of reports online that the northern part of the country is the best for quality women and that they're very friendly and outgoing towards foreigners. Those same reports seem to indicate that the greater Lima area is pretty crap.... no clue about the southern part of the country tho.

How's your Spanish by the way? Are you interacting with these girls in Espanol or Ingles?

There are plenty of options in the middle my friend... you don't have to go from "University girl" straight to "Overweight 30-something". I'd recommend trying to get involved in whatever community you're staying in... meet lots of new people and maybe get introduced to quality, young, truly family minded girls that way. I'm sure plenty of Peruvian parents would love to introduce their daughters to a quality foreign guy who shows a real interest in them and their community.

The first step is to know EXACTLY what you want in a potential lifelong partner. Seems like you still haven't sorted that out completely... I have a feeling you'll have better luck once you do.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 am

rudder wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: He said NERDING OUT, okay stop right there. Do you understand that being a nerd is the polar opposite of being a macho man? Do you remember that your in Latin America?

What I'm talking about is being able to carry on an intellectual conversation with a girl about a particular branch of science with which you are both very familiar. Thus the relationship goes beyond just finding a v****a to cook and clean for you. I think it goes without saying that if my interactions with her were purely based on these intellectual conversations, then she wouldn't be coming into my room at night to stick her tongue down my throat, feed me her tits and grind on my dick.

Is that an assumption I am not looking for an intelligent woman? As Manly said, I appreciate classic gender roles with a modern twist. I don't care if my wife works outside the home.

All I care about is her first priority is family.

If you have women coming to your room to fug you, I am not sure what you're complaining about other than the lack of promptness. Oh well, you're in Latin America, everything moves slow and people are fashionably late.

I just believe that showing any sign of weakness being a nerd is one of those signs because generally Latin Americans are not sophisticated enough to understand the nuances of having your nerd moments.

It is important to find women you share interest with, don't get me wrong.

Since that's the only thing you picked up out of my post, I suppose I gotcha everywhere else.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:33 am

manly5000 wrote:
rudder wrote:OK, I'm leaning towards this now. I just broke up with the last girl I mentioned a little over a week after I started going with her. I won't get into the reasons why. Suffice it to say that she thoroughly disrespected me in public yesterday to the point where I just had to terminate the relationship. If I continued the relationship, then she would disrespect me and take advantage of me over and over again. I'm having a tough go of things here, because I tend to wear my heart on my shirtsleeves, and the women are never as blindly committed as myself.

You don't have to be so drastic with your approach/response to your situation... "resigning yourself" to any situation in life will not make it happy, abroad or otherwise. :wink:

Do you have the means to try other countries? If not do you have the means to try other parts of Peru? What part of the country is the town you're staying in located? I've read a lot of reports online that the northern part of the country is the best for quality women and that they're very friendly and outgoing towards foreigners. Those same reports seem to indicate that the greater Lima area is pretty crap.... no clue about the southern part of the country tho.

How's your Spanish by the way? Are you interacting with these girls in Espanol or Ingles?

There are plenty of options in the middle my friend... you don't have to go from "University girl" straight to "Overweight 30-something". I'd recommend trying to get involved in whatever community you're staying in... meet lots of new people and maybe get introduced to quality, young, truly family minded girls that way. I'm sure plenty of Peruvian parents would love to introduce their daughters to a quality foreign guy who shows a real interest in them and their community.

The first step is to know EXACTLY what you want in a potential lifelong partner. Seems like you still haven't sorted that out completely... I have a feeling you'll have better luck once you do.

I agree with Manly, Latin America is less about merit and more about relationships. That means to find the good girls as Tony Bochene would say, you need to get inside these groups of people. You're an American, entry should be easy, especially if you know Spanish. Find a social group outside the typical nightclub scene.

There was a marriage agency in Lima, but I can't seem to find the URL.

Not all women late 20's/early 30's look like hell, but it seem there's less pressure on Peruvians to look good.

You want well-adjusted and that would mean looking in the 25-30 range, not 25 and younger, only if they are mature of their age.

In that case the best looking women in that range are found in Colombia, Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil and maybe Chile. That is if we're talking attractive, White skinned to olive skinned women with amazing bodies (some surgically enhanced) then those are the places to go.

I generally find Peru disappointing.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Teal Lantern » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:31 pm

rudder wrote:One interesting thing I've noticed in Peru is that the women in their thirties that have had bad experiences with men, are often some of the happiest, friendliest and easy to talk to women that I have met. I wish I could find one of these women and put them into the body of a hot 18 year old. That would be the perfect woman.

Keep traveling, meeting people, and taking pictures/journaling all the way.
If you make it to 30 without majorly FUBARing your life, you'll look back and laugh (or cringe) at what you once considered settling for -- especially if you see them again. :D
There'll be plenty of fat single moms around then, if you still want one. :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Postby rudder » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:21 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
I just believe that showing any sign of weakness being a nerd is one of those signs because generally Latin Americans are not sophisticated enough to understand the nuances of having your nerd moments.

It is important to find women you share interest with, don't get me wrong.

Since that's the only thing you picked up out of my post, I suppose I gotcha everywhere else.

In hindsight, I admit that I acted too weak and vulnerable with this girl. I opened up to her too quick and shared some insecurities I had. Having said that, it's for the better, because she doesn't fit me very well either.
rudder
Freshman Poster

Postby rudder » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:43 pm

manly5000 wrote:

Yes, I'm seriously considering trying another part of Peru pretty soon. I've been here in Tarapoto for almost a month now, and "best for quality women and that they're very friendly and outgoing towards foreigners" is not the description I'd give for the women here.

Please PM me some links to the reports online that you're talking about. I'd really like to see what others have discovered in Peru. So far, out of all the places I've visited, I'd say Lima was the best in terms of friendly people. But then again, maybe I just got lucky with the people who I crossed paths with.

As far as knowing EXACTLY what I want in a lifelong partner, I have a pretty good idea, but I'm still open to pleasant surprises. I'd like a woman with a fun, happy, bubbly personality who is honest, very attentive and touchy-feely, who knows how to serve, and prioritizes her man above all else. I feel that's a good base to start from.

My Spansh is fluent, so getting to know them deeply isn't too difficult. It can be exhausting after a while, though, so it would be good to meet a girl that knows at least intermediate conversational English in order to save me from those moments when I'm just sick of speaking in Spanish.

Recently, I got involved with the local evangelical church. I find that to be a great outlet. Aside from Sunday worship, there are tons of activities on other days, and the church divides people into groups based on age. I think everyone that goes to those groups is single. There's an 18-24 group. I'm in the 25 and up age group. The friends I made in this group seem to be pretty decent, and there is at least one girl I'd look at as relationship material. Yes, "well-adjusted" is a good term. I'd rather meet people through this setting, because it basically screens out a lot of crummy people.

Still though, I'm not so keen to stick around this town. I've got a lot of good business contacts here, and I'm starting to build a pretty decent network, but I just don't like the fact that I'm having trouble gathering romantic prospects, due mostly to the disposition of the locals.
rudder
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions