What do you talk about?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Well so much for the organic approach lol :lol:
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Renata wrote:Well so much for the organic approach lol :lol:
It can be, however, timing is key, esp among New Englanders.

By having a roster of let's say silly topics: Pizza, Steak, Football, Baseball, Next hot stock tip, Driving vs Commuting, Rain vs Snow, Vermont Cheddar vs string cheese, Johnnie Walker Black label vs Red label, or a meaningless hypothetical question like ...

"Have you ever had a hard time, flagging a taxi in this town?" and so on, you give ppl enough freedom and security, to either engage you in conversation or keep it curt, as in the response, "Not sure, I haven't needed to use a taxi in some time"

And then, that's neither a rejection nor an approval; it's simply a polite way of stating that one can't related on that topic matter or want to be silent.

When I was a kid, I was also shy but I'd practiced the above, up until the point where I could shoot the breeze with nearly anyone, who wasn't kinda shutdown, and attempting to isolate himself from others.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Good posts (except the facetious one, God why do people do that?) - I have little to add.

Only

(1) Chicks are not guys, they are GIRLS, so it's OK to be deep when she looks in your eyes, but keep the talk fluffy and light and non-threatening.

(2) MOST people, men included, are nervous and wary. Understand that convo-fluff just lets you stand in each other's energy field, in proximity, for a bit, getting comfortable with each other, without committing to some long dialogue (or monologue) that the other person is not signed up for. Be patient with them, like you would with someone a little off..... and make friends anyway.

(3) For anyone, especially someone shy, especially someone with a stammer, try to cultivate a feel for nonverbal interaction. An expression, a gesture, whatever.

(4) Related to (3), a young man I know, quiet type, enjoys playing alongside Samoans, Fijians and other Islanders on his rugby team. They communicate on a nonverbal level during play. No chatter required. Obviously this would also happen on a basketball court, or in ballroom (swing, salsa) dancing.

(5) Renata is right about asking questions as opposed to monologuing. (See the movie "Despicable Me" for a humorous exhibition of this.) The thing is that unless you are talking to a Slavic girl over age 25, the questions have to be about little stuff. But asking her stuff about HER is nice, because to her it feels like she is getting attention, which to a girl is catnip.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Wouldn't you just ask the females innocuous about themselves and let them rave on and on in narcissistic fashion with the odd prompt from you?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Cornfed wrote:Wouldn't you just ask the females innocuous about themselves and let them rave on and on in narcissistic fashion with the odd prompt from you?
:lol:

You said it better
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Cornfed wrote:Wouldn't you just ask the females innocuous about themselves and let them rave on and on in narcissistic fashion with the odd prompt from you?
:lol:

You said it better
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Jester wrote:The thing is that unless you are talking to a Slavic girl over age 25, the questions have to be about little stuff. But asking her stuff about HER is nice, because to her it feels like she is getting attention, which to a girl is catnip.
I know that talking to stuff about her is the best way to keep a conversation going. I'm sure I could hold a conversation with a girl. I think that some of the problem is that I don't really fit into America. I think it would be easier with a foreign girl because I would be more intriguing to her, and there would be many more things I could ask her about herself. In America I have basically no social life and little memories, no really interesting stories about myself and no social circle so basically I have nothing to talk about with American girls. I could have lot's to share with a foreign girl, my experiences in America, she could ask me things about America or about my beliefs, or she could ask me about my talents and what I like to do, and my life would be more interesting to her. I think that one of the problems is what was also highlighted in a thread posted awhile ago that mentioned how men in America were suppose to be able to be like an entertainer and many girls would say "he has to make me laugh." I'm a mostly serious person, not a comedian or court jester.

I am the type of person that would choose to see an opera, play, or symphony, or visit a museum or other nice things with a date. A party might be nice but a party with drunks and deafening music is not something I consider enjoyable. I want to have more personal and refined dates. Not some very loud club or taking my date out drinking. This probably makes me too boring in America, but more respectable in healthy cultures. Too many times girls in America are not interested in much of anything except bad boys and gangsta culture, being a party girl, and living for drama. They won't want a good guy, they want the exciting bad boy that keeps their life filled with drama and entertainment. They say YOLO and use it to justify whatever they do.

Someone Respectable: Bad behavior! :x
American Girl: YOLO!!! :P

I would be able to do a lot, be very nonverbal, and I'm sure I could hold a conversation with a foreign girl, assuming she genuinely gave me the chance and was really interested in holding a conversation. I don't mind small talk and I think it's very nice. The thing is that it has to be somewhat interesting and if I ask her questions about herself, then she should be enthusiastic about answering. I'll also admit that if the girl isn't really enthusiastic about me or showing me that she's also making an effort, then I lose my desire to even try to hold a conversation. Things have to be mutual, it can't be one-sided and expected to work.

I guess my experiences in America might be part of the problem. I think it's similar to how a person usually knows they asleep. They don't know they were asleep until after they awaken from their sleep. Only in very rare occurrences will a person be dreaming and actually know that it's a dream, which implies they are asleep. Being aware that it's a dream while dreaming isn't typical. I probably could hold a conversation with people, but in America circumstances make it fairly impossible.
TruthOrConsequences
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthOrConsequences »

News, current events, weather... Social issues, maybe..
Jusqu'au bout a tout prix..
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

TruthOrConsequences wrote:News, current events, weather... Social issues, maybe..
Social issues? With females?
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Tsar wrote:I could have lot's to share with a foreign girl, my experiences in America, she could ask me things about America or about my beliefs, or she could ask me about my talents and what I like to do, and my life would be more interesting to her.
So you're on some of the many social network/chat sites where foreign girls hang out?
Tsar wrote:I am the type of person that would choose to see an opera, play, or symphony, or visit a museum or other nice things with a date.
So you participate in forums/blogs where topics like these are the focus?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Tsar wrote:I could have lot's to share with a foreign girl, my experiences in America, she could ask me things about America or about my beliefs, or she could ask me about my talents and what I like to do, and my life would be more interesting to her.
So you're on some of the many social network/chat sites where foreign girls hang out?
Tsar wrote:I am the type of person that would choose to see an opera, play, or symphony, or visit a museum or other nice things with a date.
So you participate in forums/blogs where topics like these are the focus?
No, I gave up on all online chatting or online dating when it comes to any girl. I feel like if I want to get a girlfriend I should just go in person. It's not personal online, my message will either be ignored or lost in her mailbox, and therefore it's not worth my effort. Writing something that takes time only to have it be ignored is a waste of time. Maybe if a person spammed one common message to multiple girls it might not be a waste of time, but even that is something I just don't want to do anymore.

What I want to do is to go in person where my message can't be ignored online and I have better odds.

Can you recommend a website where foreign girls hang out, where many are 18-20, and the reply rate is at least 1 in 5 (20%) or better? If not, then I don't see a point. Also, anything less than a 20% seems to be a waste of time. I don't like playing poor odds.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Tsar wrote:No, I gave up on all online chatting or online dating when it comes to any girl. I feel like if I want to get a girlfriend I should just go in person.
Fair enough. 8)
Considered Denmark? They're practically begging for pregging. :D
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Tsar wrote:No, I gave up on all online chatting or online dating when it comes to any girl. I feel like if I want to get a girlfriend I should just go in person.
Fair enough. 8)
Considered Denmark? They're practically begging for pregging. :D
No, I don't consider Denmark. Denmark falls within the Western European/Northern European segment, it's liberal, and it's part of the West. Therefore I won't waste my time. Western Europe and Northern Europe are part of the West and heavily influenced by feminism and liberalization.

I mainly like Slavic girls (Eastern Europe). They aren't Western and they're more traditional. When it comes to Caucasian women of Europe I mainly consider Eastern European women. Traditional, more probability of being pure, she would earn less income compared to the rest of Europe, some of the most beautiful women in the world, and many are ready for marriage at 18. I have the highest probability of getting the girl I want in East Europe.